+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Effective date of Bill C24

torontonianguy

Star Member
Sep 15, 2013
asaif said:
While I agree that we need to abandon the negative tone and to show some gratitude, saying that Canada has gave the immigrants shelter is an overstatement. Whatever shelter you get here you need to pay for it. I had to sell my house in my home country to buy another one here. Nothing comes for free.
Then why u came here...if it is not shelter..why u need CANADIAN citizenship so badly...?If ur own country was so good,Canada never called you here... !!
Country/system runs on duties of all individuals....everyone pays taxes and !!!!

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
buddhaB said:
The most important thing we all should learn from that post is the Governor in Council has ordered the revocation of 28 citizenships in 2015 (until now)

the rest is bullcrap.

Unfair implementation of this typical "conservative" Bill will create a backlash for sure.They lost about 3-4 votes just from my side.FOREVER.

They don`t care about immigrants`prosperity and rights? Too bad. Toronto-Newyork.One way $250. ( this is called brain-drain.In this case,US is the country which receives the brain.What will be left for Canada? Goose?)

Sometimes when I see the negative kind of talk, I can understand why Canadian government are issuing the recent laws

MasterGeek

Jul 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2012
AOR Received.
24-05-2012
Med's Request
24-05-2012
Med's Done....
30-05-2012
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
LANDED..........
August 2013
It`s all about status. As a citizen of a 3rd world country, it`s like riding a plane in economy class, nobody gives much shit about your comfort or wellness. As a citizen of Canada or other advanced country, it`s like sitting in the first class cabi with elite frequent flyer status.

Adnan34

Star Member
Apr 8, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,
Let us not mix-up constructive criticism with negative tones etc. I believe constructive criticism is guidance for govt.

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
Adnan34 said:
Hi all,
Let us not mix-up constructive criticism with negative tones etc. I believe constructive criticism is guidance for govt.

And let's not forget that revocation of citizenship is for people that got it with fraud. So they can complain only on themselves.

Didoung

May 16, 2015
I have a question: it's hard to find work in my field. What if I left Canada for professional reasons soon after I get my citizenship? Could they take it back? And also, could the fact that my husband and son were born in Canada help in any way, do you think?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

RAY2112

Jul 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Didoung said:
I have a question: it's hard to find work in my field. What if I left Canada for professional reasons soon after I get my citizenship? Could they take it back? And also, could the fact that my husband and son were born in Canada help in any way, do you think?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!
After you make your oath, you have all the right to go anywhere sama as any Canadian.

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
RAY2112 said:
After you make your oath, you have all the right to go anywhere sama as any Canadian.
I am not so sure,
because you have to declare that you plan to live in canada, and not be a citizen of convenience.
If it can be proved that you lied about this, your citizenship might be revoked. ( my opinion only, I am not a lawyer)

Didoung

May 16, 2015
Yes, that's what I feared. It really wouldn't be convenience rather than a temporary arrangement to avoid moving to a shoebox under a bridge (and not a particularly nice one, either), and our goal would always be to come back to Canada, but in my field (research), positions are pretty scarce at the moment.

Thank you very much for answering my question :)

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
Didoung said:
Yes, that's what I feared. It really wouldn't be convenience rather than a temporary arrangement to avoid moving to a shoebox under a bridge (and not a particularly nice one, either), and our goal would always be to come back to Canada, but in my field (research), positions are pretty scarce at the moment.

Thank you very much for answering my question :)
My best advice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Talk to a immigration lawyer, its worth a couple hundred of $$ to get a reliable/professional opinion.

Didoung

May 16, 2015
Unfortunately, that would only make the moving-under-the-bridge process a little faster, seeing our current situation, but I will keep that in mind, thank you :)

Martin29

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
Working abroad after getting citizenship wont be a problem.We are free to live and work anywhere we wish.But when you apply for citizenship your intension should be to live in Canada after getting citizenship.Thats all.

punk

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TBH, I am very satisfied with what Canada provided to us when we immigrated. Moving here for a choice that all of us took. We should be thankful, loyal and honest to Canada. It's piece of land that is home to millions of immigrants & more to come. This government has been selected by majority of Canadian that includes immigrants so we should be respectful of their choice.

Our responsibility is to educate other on how badly these decisions impact future Canadians and that's all.

P.S PR are also classified as Canadians.

transformer

Star Member
Jul 12, 2007
All,

the liberals have said they are going to cancel some of the provisions of C-24:

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2015/05/15/immigration-policy-will-be-part-of-election-conversation-opposition-says.html

According to McCallum, the Liberal party would rescind a number of barriers to becoming a citizen that were instituted in the new Citizenship Act. They would repeal the regulation that takes away the 50 per cent credit for time spent in Canada for international students; the regulation that calls for new citizens to sign a declaration that they intend to reside in Canada.

Lux et Veritas

Star Member
Apr 25, 2015
transformer said:
All,

the liberals have said they are going to cancel some of the provisions of C-24:

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2015/05/15/immigration-policy-will-be-part-of-election-conversation-opposition-says.html

According to McCallum, the Liberal party would rescind a number of barriers to becoming a citizen that were instituted in the new Citizenship Act. They would repeal the regulation that takes away the 50 per cent credit for time spent in Canada for international students; the regulation that calls for new citizens to sign a declaration that they intend to reside in Canada.
Yeah like the Liberals will win the election anyway.