+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Effective date of Bill C24

buddhaB

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
ari5323 said:
Sometimes when I see the negative kind of talk, I can understand why Canadian government are issuing the recent laws
There is something called free speech my friend.I can say whatever I want.

As an immigrant,I want to try to protect my interests that this government wants to take away.I neither want myself or any other immigrant to be in a lower position than a Canadian citizen.NEVER.

Therefore,I am raising my voice.You do not want to raise your voice? that is your choice.

If this government wants to consider me a puppet.Too bad.(as an ENGINEER)there is a US-Canada border 2 hours away from my home and this will not be my loss.

If they want to treat immigrants unfairly,okay.That is their choice.In maximum 2 years.We are getting our passports.And yeah.Move on maybe.

The fair solution is applying the new residency law to immigrants who become PRs after the implementation date of the new residency law.This is it.FULLY FAIR to people who became PRs before.This is simple to think of.But because the parliament wants to be an ass,they do not implement the law fairly.

anon123

Jul 19, 2013
buddhaB said:
The fair solution is applying the new residency law to immigrants who become PRs after the implementation date of the new residency law.This is it.FULLY FAIR to people who became PRs before.This is simple to think of.But because the parliament wants to be an ass,they do not implement the law fairly.
I agree. When we chose Canada as our future home, many of us were choosing among a number of first-world countries with similar prospects. One of the main advantages Canada offered at the time was "3 years requirement for Citizeship". Every civilized person knows that citizenship is a basic NEED for a person to be fully engaged in a democratic society. One CANNOT be Canadian without having the rights afforded to a Canadian.

We made our decision based on the claims of the Canadian government. Later on, when we landed, some of us were reassured by the representative of the Canadian government that we will be eligible to apply for citizenship in 3 years. Now, 3 years are around the corner, yer the Canadian government changed its mind. I.e., to put it in Conservative terms, the Canadian government misrepresented its intention of not allowing immigrants to apply for citizenship within 3 years. If it were the immigrant who did this, he/she would quickly see his/her citizenship taken away by the flick of a bureaucrat's finger.

TBH, if I could vote, I would vote Liberal/NDP on this issue. Allowing immigrants to fully integrate into Canadian society benefits not only immigrants, but also Canadian citizens by birth. In the worst case scenario, if an immigrant becomes "a citizen of convenience" and chooses to leave for greener pastures, the immigrant is putting pressure on his/her Canadian employer to match the salary offered abroad. Thus, the economy reaches an equilibrium at a higher salary for the working Canadian. This is good for working Canadians, and bad for exploitative corporations who seek to undercut the market salary by restricting the free movement of highly skilled employees.

mevisbleek

Star Member
Jul 18, 2009
ari5323 said:
My best advice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Talk to a immigration lawyer, its worth a couple hundred of $$ to get a reliable/professional opinion.

How much does Immigration Lawyers charge these days for Citizenship App?

Alias

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
mevisbleek said:
Depends on the lawyer and his practice. I spoke with one recently and he charges $1200 for applying citizenship for a family

Alias

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Buffer time on top of 1095 days:

Hi, if someone has all the necessary documents in place, how much additional buffer time should be good to add to 1095 days before submitting the application? With the C24 implementation date in a flux, I am not sure if it is worthwhile to wait for few days to add some buffer period. But this puts us at a risk of getting a RQ

Thanks,

asaif

Sep 3, 2010
London, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
torontonianguy said:
Then why u came here...if it is not shelter..why u need CANADIAN citizenship so badly...?If ur own country was so good,Canada never called you here... !!
Country/system runs on duties of all individuals....everyone pays taxes and !!!!
Who said I NEED Canadian citizenship. I just WANT it and paid the due price for it from my life (although I don't like to think of it as a transaction), unlike some who got it for FREE by virtue of birth. If I don't get it I will still have a shelter somewhere else.

Let me tell you how I think about the Canadian citizenship, my friend. Citizenship for me is like marriage. I want to marry a beautiful girl. I propose to her. She didn't invite me to do so and she is not obligated to accept. If she accepts I'll be happy and grateful and I'll love her for the rest of my life. I'll buy her a diamond ring, but will never consider myself "buying" her. On the other hand, this acceptance should't be considered as a "favor" that I NEEDED badly. No, my friend. I know that some consider Canada as their "Mother" and hence are so hateful of those who propose to her, but these childish feelings are totally understandable.

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
asaif said:
Who said I NEED Canadian citizenship. I just WANT it and paid the due price for it from my life, unlike some who got it for FREE or stole the land from its original people. If I don't get it I will still have a shelter somewhere else.
your words are a SHAME for us all , shame on you. nobody like the canadian goverment is doing so much for the first nation, the Americans just killed.. the Canadian are paying and paying and paying for the grandkids of the natives, who are you to preach the canadain gov. ?

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
mevisbleek said:
I took top of the line lawyers GANDS 1600 dollars. but they do a perfect job

CanadianCountry

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
ari5323,
When you say Canada is giving shelter, you are actually demeaning people who moved to Canada. Maybe you dont mean it and maybe you wanted to pick a better word to explain your views.

By saying that Canada gave shelter, you are suggesting as if the immigrants were homeless bums in their home country, which i think you also know is not the case.

ari5323 said:
your words are a SHAME for us all , shame on you. nobody like the canadian goverment is doing so much for the first nation, the Americans just killed.. the Canadian are paying and paying and paying for the grandkids of the natives, who are you to preach the canadain gov. ?

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
CanadianCountry said:
ari5323,
When you say Canada is giving shelter, you are actually demeaning people who moved to Canada. Maybe you dont mean it and maybe you wanted to pick a better word to explain your views.

By saying that Canada gave shelter, you are suggesting as if the immigrants were homeless bums in their home country, which i think you also know is not the case.
when i say SHELTER I mean wellcomed us, Canada is in the top 4 countries that are super friendly for new immigrants,

asaif

Sep 3, 2010
London, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ari5323 said:
Who said anything about the Canadian government. I'm just reminding some who look to new immigrants from above about FACTS they sometimes forget. Almost everyone in Canada is an immigrant or a descendant of immigrants who arrived here less than 10 generation ago (which is an eye blink in the history of humankind). Unlike earlier arrivals, new immigrants follow the civil rules to come here and pay to own a shelter in this land. So, It is ridiculous for a descendant of someone who was given his land for free or stole it from a native to brag that he provided me a shelter that I "badly needed".

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
Now back to our topic.
Today is May 18 2015 and its an holiday, so no news today.

we all agree that the gov. needs at least 2 weeks notice prior to implement to new law, in other words, its too late for june 1st. so we can here pronounce to the june applicants that they can relaxed they will all apply with the OLD LAW terms.

I am a bit afraid for the JULY applicants, but lets wait and see what news June will bring us. if no news till june 17 than we can say the the July applicants are lucky as well.

As per me, I could apply on Dec 2014 but I have been more than 15 trips out of canada that totals 180 days, so my first date to app is June 17, I am thinking to give it a few buffer days and wait till jun 27 to apply.
let's all keep our fingers crossed for our jun-and july members, and who knows, may be Aug and Sep ???? I dont belive later than sep, because on oct you have election, and i dont think they will wait untill after the election.
all the above is my opinion only.

asaif

Sep 3, 2010
London, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In this forum there are two types of people: genuine immigrants/citizenship seeker who come here to help each others, and some coward bigots who have no business here but just found a free venue to bully new Canadians and express their hatred towards them while hiding behind a computer screen. We shouldn't allow the latter minority to continue their sick attitude towards the vast majority of respectful forum participants. They must be hammered whenever they show their ugly faces.

aperspol

May 18, 2015
My wife would be eligible and complete 1095 days on June 29. We don't know that what should we do. Wait until July or send application?

anon123

Jul 19, 2013
aperspol said:
My wife would be eligible and complete 1095 days on June 29. We don't know that what should we do. Wait until July or send application?
Don't send a shortfall application, that's crazy. Chris Alexander will appeal all the way to Her Majesty to make sure no new Canadian gets equal rights with a day less of physical presence.