+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Effective date of Bill C24

valigap31

Mar 8, 2015
screech339 said:
C-24's citizenship revocation powers bears repeating:

1. Citizenship may be revoked from any dual citizen who is convicted of certain criminal acts.
(Terrorism or Treason)

2. Said conviction may occur anywhere in the world, the determination of the validity of the conviction at the sole discretion of the Ministry.
(Only if conviction meets Canadian Standard of Law...would come to same conclusion of guilty using same evidences presented in foreign court in according to Canada's Law)

3. A citizen's status as a dual citizen is determined by the Ministry.
(Citizen can apply for any foreign citizenship if they qualified...usually by descent. Anyone can determine that, even a ministry. Just look at the country's citizenship laws)

4. A person who would be rendered stateless by loss of Canadian citizenship may still have their citizenship revoked if the Ministry asserts that said citizen may obtain citizenship from any other country.
(If a person can get another citizenship, technically the person is never stateless in the first place)

5. The citizen must prove, to the Ministry's satisfaction, that they do not possess, and cannot obtain, citizenship from any other country.
(goes back to point 4. A person is never stateless unless proven otherwise)

6. Judicial review is only available if the Ministry grants permission for the citizen to seek redress in the courts.
(Judicial Review are usually given when there is a major mistake on CIC's part in revoking citizenship)

7. The Ministry is headed by a politician.
(Of course, A ministry is head by a politician. A ministry is elected by the people. Take a look the cabinet. Full of Ministries elected by the people)
Thanks for clarification Screech335!!

DND

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
screech339 said:
No difference if the dual citizen formally renounce all other citizenships except Canadian before joining ISIS. He/she will still be our problem.

If France beat us to it, it is our problem.

And Harper government wants this law, why?

Are we too scared of prosecuting our own criminals?

punk

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MUFC said:
I can only laugh at somebody who is perfectly fine and healthy, but he is the only one who thinks that he has terminal disease.

This is why I am laughing here with the intend to reside FAKE Paranoia ;D
Is it not interesting that the people who want to go back are from the 3rd world country as you call it and the people who want to stay in Canada are from 1st world ?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
DND said:
And Harper government wants this law, why?

Are we too scared of prosecuting our own criminals?
Cheaper for some other countries to jail the terrorist than us. We don't have to pay on our taxpayers dime to look after terrorist.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
punk said:
Is it not interesting that the people who want to go back are from the 3rd world country as you call it and the people who want to stay in Canada are from 1st world ?
The huge dominant part of newcomers are from the 3rd world countries here and they see that Canada can't offer what they've expected and therefore like to go back.

Canada and US are not what they used to be 15-20 years ago, but unfortunately the people still believe that the American dream still exist.

I am out of the conventional working system, but I see how many newcomers are struggling here to make it. When they see that they don't have a chance they leave.
But as a compensation for their wasted time, money and dreams they are happy only to take the Canadian citizenship . At least to take something symbolic.

If I was working in the conventional working system most probably I would leave also as soon as possible.

So I can understand the pain of the newcomers.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
MUFC said:
The huge dominant part of newcomers are from the 3rd world countries here and they see that Canada can't offer what they've expected and therefore like to go back.

Canada and US are not what they used to be 15-20 years ago, but unfortunately the people still believe that the American dream still exist.

I am out of the conventional working system, but I see how many newcomers are struggling here to make it. When they see that they don't have a chance they leave.
But as a compensation for their wasted time, money and dreams they are happy only to take the Canadian citizenship . At least to take something symbolic.

If I was working in the conventional working system most probably I would leave also as soon as possible.

Newcomers believe Canada is a land of milk and honey. Until they come here and realize how hard it is to start over. They were deluding themselves to think there is a great job waiting for them. Just show up and a job will be waiting.

Doesn't work that way. Never did never will.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
Newcomers believe Canada is a land of milk and honey. Until they come here and realize how hard it is to start over. They were deluding themselves to think there is a great job waiting for them. Just show up and a job will be waiting.

Doesn't work that way. Never did never will.
I came to the conclusion that one of the main reasons for that is that most of the newcomers have never been here before they made the decision to come here for good.
One of the main reason for that is that they don't have the visa free asses and the lack of money to invest in a long stay here as a visitors in order to explore the reality here on the spot.

Back home they listen only the propaganda about Canada/US and they believe it.

DND

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
screech339 said:
Cheaper for some other countries to jail the terrorist than us. We don't have to pay on our taxpayers dime to look after terrorist.

Cool.

Say instead of France the country of second citizenship would be some third world country
and Say the terrorism act would be committed in Canada

We still not prosecute the terrorist, but instead we expel him to his "own" third world country where he walks free and maybe even praised for his actions?

punk

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MUFC said:

So the question is that they are preferring 3rd world country over Canada. Dont you think it is concerning.

P.S I came from one of the 3rd world country ( As you mention it ), but I got settled pretty easy. Never did any odd job , but came as a Student. Very well settled and happy about it. Stereotyping about immigrants is not true, because they are actually the one who are main contributor to growth of Canada.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
punk said:
So the question is that they are preferring 3rd world country over Canada. Dont you think it is concerning.

P.S I came from one of the 3rd world country ( As you mention it ), but I got settled pretty easy. Never did any odd job , but came as a Student. Very well settled and happy about it. Stereotyping about immigrants is not true, because they are actually the one who are main contributor to growth of Canada.
Before Canada have had much better opportunities for them, now they are far too much here and they got not so good chance to settle down properly.

Some people even are living in the basements, can you imagine that.
Living under the ground with a very small window , for me this means total misery.

Natan

May 22, 2015
screech339 said:
C-24's citizenship revocation powers bears repeating:

2. Said conviction may occur anywhere in the world, the determination of the validity of the conviction at the sole discretion of the Ministry.
(Only if conviction meets Canadian Standard of Law...would come to same conclusion of guilty using same evidences presented in foreign court in according to Canada's Law)
The law, as written, can be interpreted to mean that the Ministry has complete discretion. Whether the courts will way in on that is another matter.

4. A person who would be rendered stateless by loss of Canadian citizenship may still have their citizenship revoked if the Ministry asserts that said citizen may obtain citizenship from any other country.
(If a person can get another citizenship, technically the person is never stateless in the first place)
If the Ministry ASSERTS the person is a dual citizen or can obtain citizenship elsewhere, it is entirely up to the individual to prove otherwise to the Ministry's satisfaction -- that is how the law is written.

5. The citizen must prove, to the Ministry's satisfaction, that they do not possess, and cannot obtain, citizenship from any other country.
(goes back to point 4. A person is never stateless unless proven otherwise)
Please refer to my response in point 4.

7. The Ministry is headed by a politician.
(Of course, A ministry is head by a politician. A ministry is elected by the people. Take a look the cabinet. Full of Ministries elected by the people)
And we all trust politicians to make honest, fair and well reasoned decisions. They would never put politics above what is best for their country or for individuals.

Natan

May 22, 2015
dpenabill said:
Qualification/clarification: actually, I am not at all sure about how the Supreme Court will respond to grounds to revoke citizenship based on acts committed while a citizen.

The procedural elements of the SCCA, regarding revocation, raise some more or less obvious concerns. That aspect is obvious.

But the underlying issue raised by Galati in his challenge remains to be decided . . . even if the ruling by then Federal Court Justice Rennie is in the ballpark substantively, it is difficult to predict how this issue will be ultimately decided. Can Parliament take away legitimate ly obtained citizenship? To my view this is a tough question, a big question, and perhaps a question to be determined on principles and law I am and many others are not all that familiar with.
According to the way the law is written, the Ministry must give an individual leave to pursue their case before the courts. Now, this may be struck down by the courts later, but it is what the law says.

punk

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MUFC said:
Before Canada have had much better opportunities for them, now they are far too much here and they got not so good chance to settle down properly.

Some people even are living in the basements, can you imagine that.
Living under the ground with a very small window, for me this means total misery.
Discussion might turn into a different topic, but hopefully you realize that top 65% of the wealth is distributed among the top 5%. Bottom 40% have 1% of the total wealth. Don't feel misery for people. You can help some one by mentoring him or create jobs for others.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
punk said:
Discussion might turn into a different topic, but hopefully you realize that top 65% of the wealth is distributed among the top 5%. Bottom 40% have 1% of the total wealth. Don't feel misery for people. You can help some one by mentoring him or create jobs for others.
My point was to give an answer to your question why those from the 3rd world are the ones who wants to leave Canada. They can't afford good standard of living here because they don't have the chance to work conventional work which pays well.
Many of them are forced to live under the ground (Literally) or the other option is sharing rooms by using one kitchen and one bathroom.
If I live in such conditions I would also want to leave Canada

crimesinister

Star Member
Jun 6, 2015
MUFC said:
My point was to give an answer to your question why those from the 3rd world are the ones who wants to leave Canada. They can't afford good standard of living here because they don't have the chance to work conventional work which pays well.
Many of them are forced to live under the ground (Literally) or the other option is sharing rooms by using one kitchen and one bathroom.
If I live in such conditions I would also want to leave Canada
This is the employers' order of preference:

1. Unpaid interns
2. Temporary foreign workers
3. Born and raised Canadians
4. Immigrants