Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
Zardoz,
I think everybody knows its a done deal and this useless banter Is not going to change anything. But atleast we can call spade a spade. Lets not call this fate, never forget the people who are doing this to you.

zardoz said:
All of this banter is completely irrelevant anyway, although I suppose it allows people to moan about it.
It's a done deal. If the NDP and Liberals couldn't derail this legislation in Parliament, nothing said here is going to make any difference.
And, just in case you are wondering, yes I'm also negatively impacted by the changes, by more than just timing...

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
CanadianCountry said:
Zardoz,
I think everybody knows its a done deal and this useless banter Is not going to change anything. But atleast we can call spade a spade. Lets not call this fate, never forget the people who are doing this to you.
So to punish the people who made you wait for 1 more year you decide to elect others who will screw the country, including yourself, for much more years to come?

CanadianCountry

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
Itsmyid,
Yes, exactly my vote is for NDP-Liberals for the reason you mentioned.

itsmyid said:
So to punish the people who made you wait for 1 more year you decide to elect others who will screw the country, including yourself, for much more years to come?

CanadianCountry

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
itsmyid,
A lot of things are sad, so i guess people just need to deal with it. And dont you think that Conservatives took a calculated move when they decided to go for SCCA/BillC24. They knew they would lose some votes and maybe gain some with others.

itsmyid said:
That's just sad...

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
CanadianCountry said:
itsmyid,
A lot of things are sad, so i guess people just need to deal with it. And dont you think that Conservatives took a calculated move when they decided to go for SCCA/BillC24. They knew they would lose some votes and maybe gain some with others.
I don't really care whether it is the right thing they are doing, the thought of people based their votes on short term personal revenge rather than what's good for the country in the long run is just disturbing. Thanks for proving my earlier point that democracy is not for everyone

CanadianCountry

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
So your point that 59.54% (2011 elections) of the voters who voted for NDP-Liberals are hell bent on destroying Canada, and should correct their mistake and vote for Tories. Good Luck my friend converting almost 60% of the vote base, which is bound to increase this coming election.

itsmyid said:
I don't really care whether it is the right thing they are doing, the thought of people based their votes on short term personal revenge rather than what's good for the country in the long run is just disturbing. Thanks for proving my earlier point that democracy is not for everyone

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadianCountry said:
So your point that 59.54% (2011 elections) of the voters who voted for NDP-Liberals are hell bent on destroying Canada, and should correct their mistake and vote for Tories. Good Luck my friend converting almost 60% of the vote base, which is bound to increase this coming election.
What he's saying is that is immature to vote against Conservatives just because you had a bad experience processing your citizenship when the vote has to be done thinking in the future of Canada,.

Now, if you like NDP for ideology, values, etc go for it!

sep28

Star Member
Oct 13, 2012
alberta
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
received on 26th november 2012
Nomination.....
02/11/2012
AOR Received.
20/01/2013
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
27/01/2013
Med's Done....
05/02/2013
LANDED..........
already in Canada.. :)
hi guys, new to this forum, (last post was over 2 years ago when i got my Canadian PR)
landed on June 28 2013.
been here since 23 April 2011.
basic residency requirement will be met on 28 June 2015.
Absent days 66. Took 2 vacations outside Canada 43 days and 23 days.
physical requirement will be met on 7 November 2015.
what will be my possibilities if the c-24 doesn't come into effect till 1 July 2015. shall i apply for citizenship with just the basic requirement on or after 28 June and before 1 July?
Any suggestions?

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sep28 said:
hi guys, new to this forum, (last post was over 2 years ago when i got my Canadian PR)
landed on June 28 2013.
what will be my possibilities if the c-24 doesn't come into effect till 1 July 2015. shall i apply for citizenship with just the basic requirement on or after 28 June and before 1 July?
Any suggestions?
You have to wait until you have 1095 days of residence and with the new law 4/6 years, that's it.

CanadianCountry

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
Neutral,
Congratulations on your mature behaviour!!

Let me mask my opinion by saying, yes NDP have the best policies for the country. I guess now we should be ok!!

neutral said:
What he's saying is that is immature to vote against Conservatives just because you had a bad experience processing your citizenship when the vote has to be done thinking in the future of Canada,.

Now, if you like NDP for ideology, values, etc go for it!

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
sep28 said:
landed on June 28 2013.
Any suggestions?
This is precisely the question dozens, if not hundreds of PRs are asking, either outloud or to themselves . . . and the number for whom this is a question worth asking, at least in similar terms, is probably in the thousands.

The Conventional Wisdom is to wait, even though that will mean waiting until September 2017 at the soonest (and only if you do not travel outside Canada any more in the meantime), that a basic residency application (I refer to these as "shortfall applications," since the applicant falls short of having 1095 days of actual physical presence) has very, very low odds of succeeding and would entail RQ, long delays in processing, and ultimately a hearing with a Citizenship Judge, most of who are already only applying the strict actual physical presence test (and are thus almost sure to deny the application).

I concur in the Conventional Wisdom even though I disagree with those who say there is no chance at all for a shortfall application. A recent Federal Court decision did refer to a case in which last year a Citizenship Judge applied the Koo test to a shortfall case (but still denied the application, as applicant was in Canada less than half the time). There was a recent anecdotal report (credibility unknown) in another forum by a shortfall applicant (70 days short) who is scheduled for the oath soon.

But these are very isolated reports in contrast to the overwhelming indication that the APP test is being applied and shortfall applicants are being denied in all but the most extra-ordinary exceptions.

There is another topic here specifically discussing this, in which a lawyer's website is linked, the lawyer describing the circumstances in which an applicant may be qualified and obtain citizenship despite having less than 1095 days APP.

kingadil said:
Hi there;

I have found this link and i don't know if this is true or not as i still have about 50 days to apply but i am not sure if the new law of 4/6 would be implemented before that

"Did you know you can apply for citizenship with less than 1095 days physical presence?"

http://immigrationcanada.pro/canada-citizenship/know-can-apply-citizenship-less-1095-days-physical-presence/
What the lawyer says at that link is all correct. The language there is almost verbatim from case discussions about the Koo criteria. This is still valid law.

What it leaves out, however, is as important as what it says. The big thing it leaves out is that the primary test for determining residency is the Actual Physical Presence (APP) test and that Citizenship Judges can apply the APP test regardless of how strong a case the applicant makes based on the Koo criteria. It leaves out that it appears that most CJs are only applying the APP test, and that all CJs are usually if not nearly always applying the APP test, and that CIC appears to be zealously arguing that CJs only apply the APP test . . . so the chances for getting a CJ to apply the Koo criteria are not at all good.

It leaves out how difficult these cases were to make even three or four years ago . . . and now that the vast majority of Citizenship Judges are Harper appointees, in addition to the overall trend to strictly apply the APP test, in addition to the fact that Parliament has spoken and said that the standard should be actual physical presence (the SCCA), these days these cases have poor odds at best.

Regarding that: an applicant relying on credit for time in Canada prior to landing does not have a good case for applying the Koo criteria in the first place. Such a case would not have been a strong case even before 2010 when the grant of citizenship to shortfall applicants was more common. At the very, very least, such an applicant would have to convince the Citizenship Judge that his or her life was centralized in Canada during a time he or she did not have status to live permanently in Canada. Temporary status really is not consistent with having established permanent residence in Canada. The intent may have been there. Legal status was not. My sense is that this factor alone would make a big difference in the shortfall application failing.

(Note: for applications to be processed based on current law, time present in Canada prior to landing still counts toward basic residency and towards qualifying for citizenship, at the half day rate of credit, but this is in cases based on meeting the APP test . . . in contrast the Koo type case is based on qualitative factors not adding up the number of days.)

In other words: just plain not worth even taking a shot at it.

In the meantime, we do not know when the revised requirements for grant citizenship will take effect. Could be today (literally, it really could still be today). Might not be until August. July 1st still seems the most likely, but some have even suggested that CIC needs more time and this could be delayed until next year.

We may get a much better idea in the next few days when the Governor in Council's most recent Order regarding coming into force dates for the SCCA becomes public. (The Governor in Council made an Order recently fixing last Friday as the date certain important provisions in the SCCA came into force, those being in regards to the grounds and procedure for revoking citizenship; we do not know that this Order addressed any other provisions, but I suspect it did, so it will be interesting to see the actual order itself.)

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
CanadianCountry said:
Neutral,
Congratulations on your mature behaviour!!

Let me mask my opinion by saying, yes NDP have the best policies for the country. I guess now we should be ok!!
Sure NDP as well as any opposition party would make pie-in-the-sky pledges to scrabble for votes, free of any responsibilities to deliver on them. NDP would make the best policies when they use other people's money and also easy to make ridiculous expensive policies when they are unlikely to be forming government.

Take their pledge to restore door to door mail delivery. They have no sense of financial responsibility when home delivery cost about 280 per address in comparison to 108 for centralized community boxes. Canada post have been losing money ever since email/online purchases came about. The only reason Canada Post has finally made a profit recently is due to focusing on parcel delivery and removing door to door delivery. NDP caters to the post office unions who believed that delivery is a constitutional right?

janoo

May 16, 2014
Hi.. As per new Citizenship law the CIC stating that the processing time will be within
a year that is also a good sign, my file waiting at CIC for 41 months and today
my file enter into 42 months... I applied in January 2012 well over the
required number of days later I received the RQ due to my extensive travel record
and since March 2013 my file sitting with ST.Clair office -Scarborough..

Now all my security clearance expire need renewal than next step.so
if have no plan to leave Canada after Citizenship than new rule will be much better
have enough gap of absences and guarantee citizenship within one year.

Although party politics is not my area but each and everyone should understand how well
conservative handle the economy in crises of 2008-2015 and still our housing value intact
where lot country have huge downfall in housing market etc... let see who will win next election every one have the right to vote of his choice..