+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Effective date of Bill C24

Abkssh

Jan 24, 2015
dpenabill said:
The applicant must be qualified at the least a day before the date the application is signed.

If the residency calculator shows a PR meets the 1095 days of physical presence standard as of June 19, the application should not be signed and dated until June 20th at the earliest.

In other words, for someone who is not eligible until June 19th, that means the earliest the application can be signed is June 20th.
As per Essy86 that the new law will be in force on June 19 and I will be eligible on the same day. Can I sign the application June 20 and send it before June 19 so that it will reach the centre before or on June 19,please advice as it's a very sensitive case.

essy86

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O / Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
May 2012
Passport Req..
Feb 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 2013
LANDED..........
March 2013
dpenabill said:
You could apply as soon as tomorrow (not today, since you just became eligible today, and as noted above the applicant must be qualified as of the day before the application is made) . . . and indeed, you are among those for whom the looming coming-into-force date really matters. A week's buffer is probably a good idea. Odds are probably good the effective date will not be this week or even next week . . . but we really do not know what the date will be.
Thanks Dpenabill Esq. for the reply. The main reason I'm giving it a week-long buffer is I intentionally crossed the border to the US just after midnight twice, so I can become eligible earlier. Even though the border agency has the right dates (got the dates by an FOI), the stupid stamps on my passport are for the previous dates. I don't know how the RQ works in this case, but I think it's wise to avoid any debate there.

essy86

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O / Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
May 2012
Passport Req..
Feb 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 2013
LANDED..........
March 2013
Abkssh said:
As per Essy86 that the new law will be in force on June 19 and I will be eligible on the same day. Can I sign the application June 20 and send it before June 19 so that it will reach the centre before or on June 19,please advice as it's a very sensitive case.
Please take that piece of information with a huge amount of salt. Call centre folks are notorious for giving out false information when they can just say they don't know.

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
Note:

Only the regular call centre folks are truly unreliable source of information.
Friday right after the official announcement I called them to ask what has been enforced and the answer from the call centre folks was that nothing new has been enforced.

I really don't know why CIC is maintaining this USELESS CALL CENTRE.
Pure example of wasting tax payers money.

I suggest from now on to stop sharing information from the call centre regarding the actual cut off date, because it seems that some people are naïve and really trust them.

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
I just hope they will not enforce the new law to the applications that are already at CIC, but did not receive the AOR yet.

sidestep4u

Sep 27, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
surrey bc
NOC Code......
citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
dec 19 2016
Interview........
mar 9 2017
every one has their own predictions here in this forum. better they dont change in next 5 months. because i cannot apply till november

Abkssh

Jan 24, 2015
essy86 said:
Please take that piece of information with a huge amount of salt. Call centre folks are notorious for giving out false information when they can just say they don't know.
Thanx Essy86, I am so worry about that as I am 55 years and as per new law I will have to write the test as well as waiting one more year. But if i sign it June 20 and send it earlier, does that make a big sense to cic or they can pass it? It is just one day difference and I dont like to call them atb all.

essy86

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O / Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
May 2012
Passport Req..
Feb 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 2013
LANDED..........
March 2013
Abkssh said:
Thanx Essy86, I am so worry about that as I am 55 years and as per new law I will have to write the test as well as waiting one more year. But if i sign it June 20 and send it earlier, does that make a big sense to cic or they can pass it? It is just one day difference and I dont like to call them atb all.
They'll check the date you send the application, and your signature cannot be post-dated. I'd wait until I'm eligible and send my application then. Any problem like that, and your application can take a lot longer than it would by waiting for one year and applying through the new rules.

I can only say good luck.

essy86

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O / Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
May 2012
Passport Req..
Feb 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 2013
LANDED..........
March 2013
essy86 said:
Thanks Dpenabill Esq. for the reply. The main reason I'm giving it a week-long buffer is I intentionally crossed the border to the US just after midnight twice, so I can become eligible earlier. Even though the border agency has the right dates (got the dates by an FOI), the stupid stamps on my passport are for the previous dates. I don't know how the RQ works in this case, but I think it's wise to avoid any debate there.
@ Dpenabill: You seem to know a lot about the nitty-gritties of the law. I posted a separate question regarding that situation. Do you mind having a look and letting us know of your opinion? Thanks

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-are-abroad-trip-dates-calculated-in-rq-t297750.0.html

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadianCountry said:
Neutral,
Congratulations on your mature behaviour!!
No problem, one day you will have such behaviour too.

Let me mask my opinion by saying, yes NDP have the best policies for the country. I guess now we should be ok!!
Yeah, the best policies to make Canada a Cuba.

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Politren said:
Note:

Only the regular call centre folks are truly unreliable source of information.
Friday right after the official announcement I called them to ask what has been enforced and the answer from the call centre folks was that nothing new has been enforced.
Why do you call just for asking something you know the answer?

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
Hi
neutral said:
Why do you call just for asking something you know the answer?
Because at the beginning like someone here have already mentioned I thought that all the dates are in that order and therefore I wanted to see if they really have more information on that matter.

My thought was wrong, because they didn't knew even what has been already in effect.

The only people who are reliable source in that CIC Call centre are the Supervisors on duty, the problem though is that usually we can communicate only with the regular and unreliable Call centre folks.

CanadianCountry

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
Neutral,
I doubt it, I cannot be that stupid (to vote for Tories), but thanks anyways.

And yeah the Tories have the right policies to turn this place into xenophobe wonderland.

neutral said:
No problem, one day you will have such behaviour too.

Yeah, the best policies to make Canada a Cuba.

buddhaB

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
CanadianCountry said:
Neutral,
I doubt it, I cannot be that stupid (to vote for Tories), but thanks anyways.

And yeah the Tories have the right policies to turn this place into xenophobe wonderland.
just came in to say haha :)

nice answer.I always wonder why we never get to have a PM with a bachelor`s of Science degree.It might be a huge change for the country since there is no significance in decisions of people who have bachelor`s of Arts!

this thread is prone to go off-topic very often nowadays :)

ottomancan

May 8, 2015
Hey guys! I was just with a friend and she did her test 2 weeks ago and she asked what will happen to this new rule will come enforcement. And they said it will not be this summer because they need to finish the applications that been waiting for so long. What the person said once they clean up old applications then they will enforce the new rule.

I just wanted to share with you guys.

Good luck to all of us!