+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Effective date of Bill C24

buddhaB

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
Martin29 said:
I need some guidance.

Next week I am taking IELTS (academic version) for going to University.I thought I could use the same for my citizenship application.But on CIC website its given IELTS General training and not academic version.Now its hard for me.University needs academic version and CIC needs general training version.What should I do?

What I understood is academic version is difficult than general training version.Both Listening section and Speaking section are same for both. Then why CIC wont accept academic version? I am so confused.
another dumb rule by CIC.

if you can handle the academic,you can do in the General well;however you`ll spend another $300+ for no reason.

the academic is harder.

what kind of ruling do we expect from a CIC minister with an Arts degree?

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
David_Parker said:
Let them do whatever they want. Once I will become citizen, I will always vote against them.
comments like this always leaves me wondering whether democracy is for everyone or whether it should be conditional: when a vote is cast based on a person's tantrum instead of how the country can do better, that vote shouldn't count at all

SoftwareEngg

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
buddhaB said:

if you can handle the academic,you can do in the General well;however you`ll spend another $300+ for no reason.

the academic is harder.

Country runs like PRIVATE LIMITED COMPANY... how many hour or days people take to earn $300.. and they want IELTS from those also who did study or work here for last many years. I am sure why the changed the rule from 3/4 to 4/6 because many of us now will have to renew their PR status and again they will get some MONEY to earn and in the mean time they will increase the PR renewal application fee which I believe will be done by the next Immigration minister of Harper govt because again he/she have to show his/her presence in the govt and will come up with some proposal to take away money from the poor people.

CanadianCountry

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
Democracy with conditional voting!! Yes lets take back Canada where only rich white property owners could vote.

People in ANY democracy vote based on which candidate serves their best interest (not country's best interest).

Please keep your newly minted patriotism aside and think rationally. Every democracy is nearly the same.

itsmyid said:
comments like this always leaves me wondering whether democracy is for everyone or whether it should be conditional: when a vote is cast based on a person's tantrum instead of how the country can do better, that vote shouldn't count at all

buddhaB

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
CanadianCountry said:
Democracy with conditional voting!! Yes lets take back Canada where only rich white property owners could vote.

People in ANY democracy vote based on which candidate serves their best interest (not country's best interest).

Please keep your newly minted patriotism aside and think rationally. Every democracy is nearly the same.
the government doesn`t care about Mike? Fine.

If Mike cheats the government,does not pay tax,steals from the government,he is not the guilty one.

The government does not care about the immigrant? Fine.Of course the immigrant will also think of her/his best interest.

Taking away people`s rights,with dictatorship, have always created hostile feelings in the history of humanity.The parliament tells people to wait for citizenship longer just because they want them to.Not for any other reason.This is called dictating.

There is always a reaction to every action.

paw339

Star Member
May 28, 2014
buddhaB said:
The parliament tells people to wait for citizenship longer just because they want them to.Not for any other reason.This is called dictating.

The people of Canada through their elected representatives wanted new immigrants to show more commitment to Canada before they are given Canadian Citizenship. That is called democracy.

Anyone who is intends on making Canada their home wouldn't mind waiting an extra year before obtaining Citizenship.

Looking at the number of immigrants that have been allowed into Canada over the last few years this current government is one of the most pro immigrant governments in Canadian history.

buddhaB

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
paw339 said:
The people of Canada through their elected representatives wanted new immigrants to show more commitment to Canada before they are given Canadian Citizenship. That is called democracy.

Anyone who is intends on making Canada their home wouldn't mind waiting an extra year before obtaining Citizenship.

Looking at the number of immigrants that have been allowed into Canada over the last few years this current government is one of the most pro immigrant governments in Canadian history.
-How many jobs have been created in the private sector,especially with help of the government?
-How about the social system the immigrants and Canadians benefit? Any improvements in Child/elder care,EI,CPP?
-How about education? How much increase have we seen in tuitions? How about the quality of education?

Almost every immigrant wants to stay here.But if Canada serves their best interest. Canada is not a prison.250,000 new immigrants spend money in Canada.They do not live for free.That is what the government loves

Are you forcing me to wait longer to send my application? Fine.There will be a reaction to "your" action,inevitably.

The parliament is not making people love Canada more by forcing them to wait longer for citizenship.This is what some cannot understand and create a reaction that is usually not a nice one.Just like in every game brother,your turn then my turn

By forcing people to wait more and not accepting new applications,the CIC will have more free time to work on current applications.They do not work harder.They make you to pay the price even though you have not done anything bad.

na123

Star Member
Dec 28, 2014
The last time the CIC published statistics they said that they have about 246K in inventory and that was back in November. They haven't published any new stats in over 6 month. I am curious to know the new updated stats.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
buddhaB said:
the government doesn`t care about Mike? Fine.

If Mike cheats the government,does not pay tax,steals from the government,he is not the guilty one.

The government does not care about the immigrant? Fine.Of course the immigrant will also think of her/his best interest.

Taking away people`s rights,with dictatorship, have always created hostile feelings in the history of humanity.The parliament tells people to wait for citizenship longer just because they want them to.Not for any other reason.This is called dictating.

I am not happy that I need to wait for 2 more year under the new rule (my pre-PR time not counting towards the 4 year period), but with other parties advocating legalization of pot, taxing more on my hard earned money, opening doors to more fake refugees - yes, I know many of those are fake, and they get much better benefits from the government than hard working people paying tax to feed them - I would rather wait for 2 more years than seeing those parties ruining this country

buddhaB

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
itsmyid said:
I am not happy that I need to wait for 2 more year under the new rule (my pre-PR time not counting towards the 4 year period), but with other parties advocating legalization of pot, taxing more on my hard earned money, opening doors to more fake refugees - yes, I know many of those are fake, and they get much better benefits from the government than hard working people paying tax to feed them - I would rather wait for 2 more years than seeing those parties ruining this country
You are absolutely right;however there is no relation between other plans of other parties,and disregarding your pre-PR time.

you have worked hard to be able to live here.that pre-PR time benefits you a lot for your future.This is my concern.

The solution is applying the new residency law to new PRs.That is all we need,my friend.Fair and square.New to Canada? be PR for 4 years before applying for citizenship without any pre-PR date.Got PR status before the bill even existed? Old rules will apply to you.This can be done in a few lines of code in computer systems.

A guy who never paid taxes,lived here,worked here will be equal with you.

Martin29

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
buddhaB said:

the academic is harder.

Money is a big problem.Its $310 then other expenses(transportation, food etc).One more issue is test starts around 8:30 am and ends at 6pm.That's a whole day getting wasted.

I am not sure why this dumb CIC cannot accept both.Its so frustrating.I think they want us to pay for both.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
buddhaB said:
You are absolutely right;however there is no relation between other plans of other parties,and disregarding your pre-PR time.

you have worked hard to be able to live here.that pre-PR time benefits you a lot for your future.This is my concern.

The solution is applying the new residency law to new PRs.That is all we need,my friend.Fair and square.New to Canada? be PR for 4 years before applying for citizenship without any pre-PR date.Got PR status before the bill even existed? Old rules will apply to you.This can be done in a few lines of code in computer systems.

OK, suppose that C-24 made it easier to get citizenship, but only applied that change to new PRs... Would you be happy?

buddhaB

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
zardoz said:
OK, suppose that C-24 made it easier to get citizenship, but only applied that change to new PRs... Would you be happy?
not just ME. There are tens of people are going to be affected from this unfairness.

It would be fair to everyone.You know what I mean? I would trust the government more than I do now.I would at least say okay,I am safe here 99% I can live here forever.There is fairness,happiness,and equality here (some sort of ).Canada is my Home.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
buddhaB said:

everybody would hope the rules work best for them, but I don't think that's how the society works, personally I would love to see them set the time requirement based on the taxes one has paid, then I would probably have been qualified already... and I know it would be an outrage

buddhaB

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
itsmyid said:
everybody would hope the rules work best for them, but I don't think that's how the society works, personally I would love to see them set the time requirement based on the taxes one has paid, then I would probably have been qualified already... and I know it would be an outrage
yeah that makes sense too.You are measuring the contribution to this country.I would say 'yay' for it.
however,putting everyone in the same sack is not a nice thing since a lot of us have been working/studying/living here for more than 3-4 years.

distinguishing new and old PRs is not something every sane person would say no.