+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Effective date of Bill C24

buddhaB

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
I am wondering those who will have to wait for citizenship,about extra 2 years for no reason even though they have been paying taxes,and obeying laws as other applicants,are planning to do if the new residency rule affects them?

any protests? any plans to ask the parliament why their pre-PR-time taxes will have been "stolen" since the parliament considers their pre-PR times as it never existed?

somebody please explain me the logic behind forcing people to wait for,a few years, extra time unnecessarily.Please do not say we are individuals,that is government,we have to obey whatever they tell us.

SoftwareEngg

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
buddhaB said:
I am wondering those who will have to wait,about extra 2 years for no reason even though they have been paying taxes,and obeying laws as other applicants,are planning to do if the new residency rule affects them?

any protests? any plans to ask the parliament why their pre-PR-time taxes have been "stolen" since the parliament considers their pre-PR times as it never existed?
I think its too late now.... This country is running like a private limited company where boss dictates the things with no logical reasonings. If they want ed to redefine the residency requirement then they can ask for the PHYSICAL presence for 3 years out for 4 years. I really dont understand what is the point to deduct pre-PR time and increase of 1 year. So, effectively we still need 2 more years to get the rights to participate in the democracy. This is negative sort of mentality to restrict those who are already PHYSICALLY present in Canada for last 4-6 years paid taxes and did hardwork to get the PR status. Then suddenly they changed the citizenship rules and believe that it will strengthen the Canadian Citizenship but I think it is just giving stress to the canadian citizenship. This is the way to consolidate the votes in the election and samething happened in 2010 they made the changes in Federal Skilled Class requirment just before the election and YES... they won that election in 2010. Now .. trying for the samething again but this time citizenship... Let see... how things will go.

buddhaB

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
SoftwareEngg said:
I think its too late now.... This country is running like a private limited company where boss dictates the things with no logical reasonings. If they want ed to redefine the residency requirement then they can ask for the PHYSICAL presence for 3 years out for 4 years. I really dont understand what is the point to deduct pre-PR time and increase of 1 year. So, effectively we still need 2 more years to get the rights to participate in the democracy. This is negative sort of mentality to restrict those who are already PHYSICALLY present in Canada for last 4-6 years paid taxes and did hardwork to get the PR status. Then suddenly they changed the citizenship rules and believe that it will strengthen the Canadian Citizenship but I think it is just giving stress to the canadian citizenship. This is the way to consolidate the votes in the election and samething happened in 2010 they made the changes in Federal Skilled Class requirment just before the election and YES... they won that election in 2010. Now .. trying for the samething again but this time citizenship... Let see... how things will go.
this is probably going to create a hostile feeling toward the government inside prospective PRs just because some members of the parliament want them to wait more for citizenship.

This will probably push people to think about their lives more in Canada after getting their passports.They might even considering moving elsewhere because they were "singled out" in the past.They might start feeling they are actually under a transparent dictatorship.

The length of physical residence is actually more important than everything else.

So is the Harper government trying to attract more votes by fxcking around with immigrants?

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
There was real news yesterday, when a big and important part of the SCCA (referenced as Bill C-24 by many) came into force.

Since we have not seen the actual Order issued by the Governor in Council, fixing May 29, 2015 as the date certain provisions came into force, we could be on the cusp of additional news, real news, regarding the effective date for the revised grant citizenship requirements. (I am not certain, but suspect the Order may fix the coming into force date for other provisions as well.)

I am certain that many are watching for this news.

Thus, I respectfully request a moratorium (or cease-fire) in posting at best tangential rhetoric, just for a few days, perhaps a week, until the actual Order itself becomes publicly available and we can see where the coming into force aspects of this legislation stand as of the making of this obviously important Order.

Please, your help in keeping this topic focused on news of the effective date of Bill C-24 provisions will be greatly appreciated . . . again, at least until we see the contents of this most recent Governor in Council order, which we will almost certainly see somewhere within days, a week at most. Thank you.

paw339

Star Member
May 28, 2014
David_Parker said:
Let them do whatever they want. Once I will become citizen, I will always vote against them.
And people voted for Hitler just because they didn't like some of the things the previous German government did.

Nuwa

Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think we'll get to know about the implementation of 4/6 rule pretty soon.
CIC web site is down, and they may be doing some major updates.

SoftwareEngg

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
David_Parker said:
Let them do whatever they want. Once I will become citizen, I will always vote against them.
I will do the samething. If there a logic behind the change ..I am with Govt. But here in Canada, they changed the immigration minster 2 years back and to show the public about his presence in the office they are doing changes with out logic and make them effective to all even if you got PR before those changes. The samething Kenny did when he was in the office.
Instead of controlling the economy of the country ... they are playing around with immigrants by making changes which have no logic.
One side they said .. We want to make immigrants to stay here and pay taxes and on otherside give the entry on the Lottery system...

Its not strange oneday they start giving points with Tim HORTON Rollups for immigration and in that they will boom economy as well as immigration....

CanadianCountry

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
For this govt it seems immigrants are like toilet paper.

SoftwareEngg said:
I will do the samething. If there a logic behind the change ..I am with Govt. But here in Canada, they changed the immigration minster 2 years back and to show the public about his presence in the office they are doing changes with out logic and make them effective to all even if you got PR before those changes. The samething Kenny did when he was in the office.
Instead of controlling the economy of the country ... they are playing around with immigrants by making changes which have no logic.
One side they said .. We want to make immigrants to stay here and pay taxes and on otherside give the entry on the Lottery system...

Its not strange oneday they start giving points with Tim HORTON Rollups for immigration and in that they will boom economy as well as immigration....

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
hi all,

i'm new to this thread, did bill c-24 come into effect or not yet? if not is there any chance that it might be delayed?

Nuwa

Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CIC website is back; didn't see any change under citizenship :)
I wish they will take much longer (much much longer...) to implement 4/6 rule.

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
emamabd said:
hi all,

i'm new to this thread, did bill c-24 come into effect or not yet? if not is there any chance that it might be delayed?
Bill C-24 includes a lot of changes. Some of them have already come into effect (the last one is the right to cancel the citizenship to terrorists with dual-citizenship) and some will be coming very soon.

Martin29

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
I need some guidance.

Next week I am taking IELTS (academic version) for going to University.I thought I could use the same for my citizenship application.But on CIC website its given IELTS General training and not academic version.Now its hard for me.University needs academic version and CIC needs general training version.What should I do?

What I understood is academic version is difficult than general training version.Both Listening section and Speaking section are same for both. Then why CIC wont accept academic version? I am so confused.

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Martin29 said:
I need some guidance.

Next week I am taking IELTS (academic version) for going to University.I thought I could use the same for my citizenship application.But on CIC website its given IELTS General training and not academic version.Now its hard for me.University needs academic version and CIC needs general training version.What should I do?
Very easy. Take both.