+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA Guide for Pakistani Applicant Express Entry

Nida000

Jul 12, 2019
Hi all, since IQAS is not accepting applications till may 2020. what other body is good to get degree assessed other than WES.
Secondly in my case i got my 3 year bachelor degree evaluated from IQAS 3 years back. Now i have done PGD to boost my score but iqas is closed.

Would it be ok if i just send me PGD to new body and get it assessed or i will have to send my bachelor degree again, since i want 2 or more degree title to increase my score. Also is it acceptable in express to get degrees assesses from 2 different oraganizations. plz help and advice .

Iqas would have given me 2 or more degrees but i am stuck now.

meow888

Oct 12, 2019
China
Hi all, since IQAS is not accepting applications till may 2020. what other body is good to get degree assessed other than WES.
Secondly in my case i got my 3 year bachelor degree evaluated from IQAS 3 years back. Now i have done PGD to boost my score but iqas is closed.

Would it be ok if i just send me PGD to new body and get it assessed or i will have to send my bachelor degree again, since i want 2 or more degree title to increase my score. Also is it acceptable in express to get degrees assesses from 2 different oraganizations. plz help and advice .

Iqas would have given me 2 or more degrees but i am stuck now.
Iqas is taking around 6 months to issue ECAs. Now, they have finally stopped accepting new applications. As per my information and personal experience, WES provides the fastest service. But WES does not have all Pakistani universities on its list. This is why I had to apply the ECA from IQAS for my wife. I think, you can try BCIT as they have pretty similar university lists (according to the last time I checked).

I am not sure whether PGD can be assessed alone. I suggest you ask the question in this forum: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/iqas-eca-timeline-tracking.490054/page-523#post-8321423

hussaindubai

Nov 24, 2019
Hello

I am posting this thread to lay out the ECA process for Pakistani applicants who wish to apply for Canadian Immigration through Express entry, and want their Educational credentials done from ECA Authority. Before I continue, this information is strictly for people who want to IMMIGRATE, and want their CREDENTIALS ASSESSED for IMMiGRATION PURPOSES

What is my degree equivalent to in Canadian Educational System?

It all depends, normally a 4 year Bs with 1 or 2 Year masters will be equivalent to a Masters level in Canadian Education system. Please look at the following guide in a link for comparison.

https://www.alberta.ca/iqas-education-guide-pakistan.aspx

Steps Involved in getting your Credentials Assessed form Assessment Authority

There are two kinds of Qualifications here

Pakistani Educational Credentials

Foreign Credentials

Many Students go abroad after attaining a Pakistani Qualification for Masters or for Bs. First I will describe how to get Pakistani Credentials Assessed from HEC.

How to get Pakistani Education assessed from HEC

Note : It is better to get all of your Educational Documents assessed from Canadian Authorities from Matric up .For that, you will need two sets of Photocopies of all of your Pakistani Credentials.

For IBCC

2 sets of Black and White copies of SSC and HSSC Certificates (Not Marks Sheet)
2 black copies of your ID Card

Note:IQAS charge one Fee for all of your educational credentials.
WES Charge per certificate, so you might need to drop SSC and HSSC and only get the highest degree assessed.

Matric and Fsc

Follow the following steps to get your SSC and HSSC from IBCC.

1 . Take your FSc and Matric certificates to FBISE Office if you graduated from Federal board or to your respective board office, There fill the form and pay the fee for attestation, you need to give them the black and white copies here. They will attest and seal them in an Envelope.Following is the link for complete procedure at FBISE

https://www.fbise.edu.pk/varificationdoc-indx.php

2. Now take the sealed Envelope and original certificates to IBCC Office in your City, Fill the application form and pay the fee, along with application form attach the Color Photocopies, along with the attested and sealed FBISE Envelope.They will keep the attested Envelope by FBISE and would attest the Original and Color Copies of your HSSC and SSC certificates.When you receive the Original and Color Photocopies, confirm the sticker at the Original and Photocopy certificates match. Visit the following link for the procedure at IBCC Offices

http://www.ibcc.edu.pk/attestation.php

Note: While paying the fee for attestation at IBCC, pay the fee to seal the documents upfront to save time when you are collecting the documents, ALWAYS KEEP THE PAYMENT COPY WITH YOU.

Both FBISE and IBCC claim to have an online attestation service, I had no experience of that and found, visiting office is always quick, but there is mismanagement at their offices, despite the ticket system in place.

KEEP THE SEALED ENVELOPE FROM IBCC WITH YOU,DO NOT OPEN,YOU NEED TO SEND THIS TO CANADA

hussaindubai

Nov 24, 2019
Thank you, Sir, for the detailed explanation.

My only question for Express entry.

Do I need to attest only my four years Bachelor Engineering Degree?

OR

I must also attest the Matric and FSC from respective boards firsts and then from the HEC

hussaindubai

Nov 24, 2019

OR

I must also attest the Matric and FSC from respective boards firsts and then from the HEC

meow888

Oct 12, 2019
China

OR

Bhai, the OP was written a long time ago. IQAS has stopped taking ECA applications until May 2020. My suggestion for you is to apply your ECA from WES.
WES requires you to send your Intermediate certificate directly from the board. Matric is not required but you can send it if you want to.

P.S. HEC does not attest matric and fsc certificates.

shahroze80

Dec 28, 2019
Hi, my profile is as follows:
O Levels
A Levels
B.Sc (Honors) from LUMS

I want to get my Bachelors degree evaluated from WES. I have created my account on WES. It is asking for the following required documents.

Bachelor of Science (Honors) - Lahore University of Management Sciences
1. Higher Secondary Certificate of Examination
2. Higher Secondary School Mark Sheet/Result Card
3. Degree Certificate (Final or Provisional)
4. Mark Sheet/Result Card

General Certificate of Education - Lahore Grammar School
1. Final Examination Results

These are a total of 5 documents which is confusing me. What i understand is that i need to get my LUMS degree and transcript attested form HEC and put them in a sealed envelope. What do i provide for O Levels and A levels?

Any help is really appreciated.

meow888

Oct 12, 2019
China
Hi, my profile is as follows:
O Levels
A Levels
B.Sc (Honors) from LUMS

I want to get my Bachelors degree evaluated from WES. I have created my account on WES. It is asking for the following required documents.

Bachelor of Science (Honors) - Lahore University of Management Sciences
1. Higher Secondary Certificate of Examination
2. Higher Secondary School Mark Sheet/Result Card
3. Degree Certificate (Final or Provisional)
4. Mark Sheet/Result Card

General Certificate of Education - Lahore Grammar School
1. Final Examination Results

These are a total of 5 documents which is confusing me. What i understand is that i need to get my LUMS degree and transcript attested form HEC and put them in a sealed envelope. What do i provide for O Levels and A levels?

Any help is really appreciated.
I suggest you search this and other forums to see what others have provided for O and A levels to WES and were accepted. From the list WES has provided to you, it seems pretty clear to me that you only need to provide one document for GCE that is your Final Exam Results.

Atiqgodil

Dec 31, 2019
Dear Experts,

I really need your help on below points.

1) IQAS is not accepting applications till May end.
2) WES doesn't accept Iqra University applications.
3) Which institute should i use out of pakistan?
4) If i use any other institute they only allow 1 degree to be evaluated in basic fees. Means if i will need my MBA (iqra 4 years) and BCOM (KU 2 Years) to be evaluated, i will have to pay basic fees twice and additional fees for every education, like Matrix and Inter.

Please confirm your feedback, as wherever i have read, people from pakistan only used WES or IQAS.

Thanks in advance for your help. I hope your answer will help alot of people.

Regards
Atiq

meow888

Oct 12, 2019
China
Dear Experts,

I really need your help on below points.

1) IQAS is not accepting applications till May end.
2) WES doesn't accept Iqra University applications.
3) Which institute should i use out of pakistan?
4) If i use any other institute they only allow 1 degree to be evaluated in basic fees. Means if i will need my MBA (iqra 4 years) and BCOM (KU 2 Years) to be evaluated, i will have to pay basic fees twice and additional fees for every education, like Matrix and Inter.

Please confirm your feedback, as wherever i have read, people from pakistan only used WES or IQAS.

Thanks in advance for your help. I hope your answer will help alot of people.

Regards
Atiq
Yes, most Pakistanis seem to be using WES since it is probably the fastest agency for getting an ECA. I had to submt my wife's application for ECA to IQAS becuase WES does not recognize Superior University and I can tell you that IQAS is waaaaayyyy slower than WES.

As for your situation, are you sure ALL the other agencies charge separately for each credential? I know CES does. Have you checked the other two as well? I think there are five of them.

Pakistani1234

Jan 6, 2020
Hi,

Ideally, I'm the primary applicant for our Express Entry program but I wish for my wife to submit an application separately as well so as to further our chances for the ITA. My wife has done her A level and a 4-year Bachelor's program in Computer Science from a reputable institution in Pakistan (Recognized as Category A by WES) and she has been working (professionally) for about 3 years now. My wife is as competent, if not more, to support her own application.

However, she took only 7 O-level papers due to severe health issues. I read that an equivalency certificate is required for immigration and it is only possible with a minimum of 8 O-level papers. She has an otherwise complete educational portfolio. Please let me know if an equivalency certificate for my wife is necessary. What are my options? I have already begun the process of accreditation for my own educational documents.

Thank you.

Pakistani1234

Jan 6, 2020
Hi,

Ideally, I'm the primary applicant for our Express Entry program but I wish for my wife to submit an application separately as well so as to further our chances for the ITA. My wife has done her A level and a 4-year Bachelor's program in Computer Science from a reputable institution in Pakistan (Recognized as Category A by WES) and she has been working (professionally) for about 3 years now. My wife is as competent, if not more, to support her own application.

However, she took only 7 O-level papers due to severe health issues. I read that an equivalency certificate is required for immigration and it is only possible with a minimum of 8 O-level papers. She has an otherwise complete educational portfolio. Please let me know if an equivalency certificate for my wife is necessary. What are my options? I have already begun the process of accreditation for my own educational documents.

Thank you.
P.S: I (husband) have all my documents. I have done my masters (2 years). Only need to know about my wife.

meow888

Oct 12, 2019
China
Hi,

Thank you.
If you both have taken IELTS General, I suggest that you calculate your CRS score on CIC website for yourself alone (with non-accompanying spouse), yourself as principal applicant (with accompanying spouse), your wife alone (with non-accompanying spouse) and your wife as principal applicant with accompanying spouse). You will instantly know which way you should go. There is not point in "furthering your chances" by submitting multiple applications.

jerry_inc

Jan 14, 2020
Can someone please share the process of WES in detail?

I have a few confusions

1: Do I send sealed envelops by myself, or does HEC send it?
2: Do I need to get FSC and matric degree photocopies attested? (My originals are already attested up to BS degree)

If someone could share the WES process in detail, that would be highly appreciated!

jerry_inc

Jan 14, 2020
My WES timeline:
15th August 2019: Submitted application
26th September 2019: Sent documents from China electronically through CHESICC website
28th September 2019: WES acknowledged the documents. Status changed to "In Progress".
3rd October 2019: UPS delivered my documents from Pakistan to WES.
10th October 2019: WES acknowledged the documents. (This is only shown by the status update date but the status remains "In Progress".)
24th October 2019: Documents accepted. Status: "We are reviewing your evaluation report." Estimated completion date: 20th November 2019.
20th November 2019 (Eastern Time): Status: Estimated completion date is 20th November 2019. ECA will be sent to recipients on the same day.
21st November 2019 (Eastern Time): Received an email that ECA is available for download.

Received ECA 1 day AFTER the estimated date.
Result: Master's Degree (Exactly as intended)
Duration between final acknowledgement of documents and ECA: 43 days

Can you please share all the steps taken before submitting the application?
I mean, what documents are required?
Is it necessary to attest Matric and FSC degree photocopies from IBCC?