+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA Guide for Pakistani Applicant Express Entry

מר אף אחד

Jan 5, 2018
Hello

I am posting this thread to lay out the ECA process for Pakistani applicants who wish to apply for Canadian Immigration through Express entry, and want their Educational credentials done from ECA Authority. Before I continue, this information is strictly for people who want to IMMIGRATE, and want their CREDENTIALS ASSESSED for IMMiGRATION PURPOSES

What is my degree equivalent to in Canadian Educational System?

It all depends, normally a 4 year Bs with 1 or 2 Year masters will be equivalent to a Masters level in Canadian Education system. Please look at the following guide in a link for comparison.

https://www.alberta.ca/iqas-education-guide-pakistan.aspx

Steps Involved in getting your Credentials Assessed form Assessment Authority

There are two kinds of Qualifications here

Pakistani Educational Credentials

Foreign Credentials

Many Students go abroad after attaining a Pakistani Qualification for Masters or for Bs. First I will describe how to get Pakistani Credentials Assessed from HEC.

How to get Pakistani Education assessed from HEC

Note : It is better to get all of your Educational Documents assessed from Canadian Authorities from Matric up .For that, you will need two sets of Photocopies of all of your Pakistani Credentials.

For IBCC

2 sets of Black and White copies of SSC and HSSC Certificates (Not Marks Sheet)
2 black copies of your ID Card

Note:IQAS charge one Fee for all of your educational credentials.
WES Charge per certificate, so you might need to drop SSC and HSSC and only get the highest degree assessed.

Matric and Fsc

Follow the following steps to get your SSC and HSSC from IBCC.

1 . Take your FSc and Matric certificates to FBISE Office if you graduated from Federal board or to your respective board office, There fill the form and pay the fee for attestation, you need to give them the black and white copies here. They will attest and seal them in an Envelope.Following is the link for complete procedure at FBISE

https://www.fbise.edu.pk/varificationdoc-indx.php

2. Now take the sealed Envelope and original certificates to IBCC Office in your City, Fill the application form and pay the fee, along with application form attach the Color Photocopies, along with the attested and sealed FBISE Envelope.They will keep the attested Envelope by FBISE and would attest the Original and Color Copies of your HSSC and SSC certificates.When you receive the Original and Color Photocopies, confirm the sticker at the Original and Photocopy certificates match. Visit the following link for the procedure at IBCC Offices

http://www.ibcc.edu.pk/attestation.php

Note: While paying the fee for attestation at IBCC, pay the fee to seal the documents upfront to save time when you are collecting the documents, ALWAYS KEEP THE PAYMENT COPY WITH YOU.

Both FBISE and IBCC claim to have an online attestation service, I had no experience of that and found, visiting office is always quick, but there is mismanagement at their offices, despite the ticket system in place.

KEEP THE SEALED ENVELOPE FROM IBCC WITH YOU,DO NOT OPEN,YOU NEED TO SEND THIS TO CANADA

Reactions: NasirBanagash

מר אף אחד

Jan 5, 2018
Continued ......

Degree Attestation Procedure at HEC

1 Set of Black and white photocopies of SSC up to the highest Pakistani Qualification.

1 Set of Color Photocopies that you will get attested and will send to Canadian authorities.

2 photocopies of ID Cards.

For All Pakistani Degrees

Procedure for attestation at HEC is completely Automated, There are two ways you can Get your Certificates attested.

- By Using Courier Service

- By Visiting HEC Office

First you need to make your online profile using this link .

http://eportal.hec.gov.pk/hec-portal-web/auth/login.jsf

Once you have made your profile, You need to fill in the form for attestation, you will have to enter all details from your Matric up to the point of your highest Pakistani qualification.

Once you are done, you will have to pick the documents that need to be attested.For Canadian ECA you need to get the following assessed.

- Your original Degree and Transcript of your Bs,Ms or Phd Qualifications.

- You need to get one set of color photocopy of degree, and transcript attested for ECA.

So choose one original degree and one original transcript,one Color photocopy of degree,and one color photocopy of the transcript.

When you are done, HEC will take some time to check your information, once they are done you will be able to book for appointment date if you live closer to Islamabad,or you can choose the option to et attestation using the courier service.Print the Application form and Chalan Form at the end.

Following is the guide to creating online account,and how to use courier service.

http://hec.gov.pk/english/services/students/Degree Attestation System/Pages/Degree-Attestation.aspx

I am a resident of Islamabad so I always prefer to visit the HEC Office, Since it is quicker than the courier option,but people living in other cities can choose to send it using the courier

Following is the procedure at the HEC Office

Take the following documents with you to the office, if you are visiting in person.

- 1 copy of your ID Card

- All of your Original certificates

HSSC and SSC , Original Degrees of Bs,Ms,Phd.

- A set of Black and white copies of SSC and HSSC , Bs,Ms,Phd.

- Documents should be arranged with the ID copy on the top, the application form ,then most recent qualification on top followed by transcript (Originals) and then in descending order folloing the same patteren.

- Prepare one set of Color Photocopies,Highest qualification till the Bs degree.

- Prepare one set of Black and white copies from highest qualification till the lowest,HEC will retain that for their Record.

When you will reach the HEC Office on your allocated appointment time, an officer will come outside to see if you have all the documents,MAKE SURE YOU TAKE PRINTED APPLICATION FORM AND CHALAN FORM.He will let you in once all the documents are there.There is a Ticketing Machine that will isue you your tocken number,you have to enter your ID Card or Application number and a token will be printed,Once your token is called,Take all the document to the window,and the Officer there will ask you for your Original documents,They will confirm the originality and then will ask for Black and color photocopies,The officer will direct you to pay the fee in a bank located right next tho their windows,TAKE EXACT AMOUNT WITH YOU AS THE BANK SOMETIME RUN OUT OF CHANGE,OR Buy a tin of Coke from outside khoka to get change.When the fee is Paid take your documents to the Second last window on the left, The officer will take your documents and will inform you the time (normally after 1-3 Hours) to collect the attested documents.Once you are there collect your documents and check all the original documents along with attested color photocopies are there,Now Take the attested colour Photo Copies to the R & D Office to seal the color copies,The R & D office is located on the Main (Big Gate) Entrance, and then on the left.Just enter the room and ask the staff ,they will direct you,One of the staff members will seal the Color Photocopies, You are done with HEC attestation,and now ready to send your documents to Canada.

NOTE: Even though there is a token system,HEC Office is an epitome of Govt mismanagement, and there is a lack of discipline and courtesy by applicants,PLEASE MAKE A LINE AND FOLLOW IT,FEMALE APPLICANTS HAVE SEPARATE LINE ON A SINGLE WINDOW, PLEASE FACILITATE THEM FIRST,AS THERE ARE VERY FEW FEMALES AND IT won't TAKE MORE THEN TWO MINUTES, DO NOT JUMP THE QUEUE,ONCE YOU ARE DONE LEAVE THE WINDOW IMMEDIATELY.AFTER ALL A LITTLE COUTSET DOSNT HURT ANYBODY.

If you are applying through an authorized person,you need to provide them with Authority letter, attested by a gazatted officer,along with his / her ID card copy,If HE/She is your blood relative,there is no need of authority letter,just ID CARD.

Prepare your documents to send for ECA to CANADA

Go to the ECA Website and apply for yor ECA, the Application form will be same as HEC,you have to attach an ID document with that,If you have PAssport,Attach the Bio page, otherwise, you can translate the ID card and include that with the application. Same as HEC,at the end of the application,you will be prompted to print the form or sent to your provided email. For IQAS following forms are emailed,IQAS Application form,and document checklist. During the time you were filling the form If you entered any information wrong online, you can correct that in a text box under the checklist form,and any other info you want to enter. Print the application form and checklist. Sign the application for at the end.

Here is the link for IQAS application guide

https://www.alberta.ca/iqas-immigration-apply.aspx

Now you have two sealed Envelopes

- One from IBCC

- One from HEC

If all your Qualifications are from Pakistan

Arrange the documents as Application form on the top, ID, one set of all the photocopies, and attested sealed credentials. Take them to Leopard Courier or any other courier and courier them to the Agency like IQAS or WES.

If your Qualifications are from Pakistan and Abroad,or mix

When you have paid the fee for ECA, They will generate the Reference number. Contact your University abroad and ask them if they offer a service to send your Transcript (Only ,not the degree) to the Credential assessment agency directly, They will charge a fee,and always ask them to do a tracked delivery, Include this form as well https://www.alberta.ca/documents/IQAS/academic-records-request-form.pdf.It is not mandatory if it is sent directly from your University,but it is a good practice.This way, when they will open the transcript envelope sent to them directly by University, they will immediately know who it belongs to, and will direct it to the concerned officer or folder.

Now you can send your Pakistani credentials to Credential assessment agency,as discussed above.

NOTE:It will take approximately 4 days for your Credential,Foreign or Pakistani,to reach the Assessment Authorities,In whichever order they arrive,The assessment officials will make sure it reach your folder,but it is better to ask for foreign universities to post after you have the reference number,and you can post the Pakistani credentials immediately after you have the Reference number

P.S I used leopard courier as they are run by DHL, and I was very happy with their service. It took only three days.It costed me 2300 Rs.

I hope this thread will answer at least the initial doubts, applicants have. It is current, however, procedures change and I have tried to include as much information as I can. Your Feedback and corrections are always Welcome.

salman334

Nov 6, 2018
Hi, my spouse who will be the partner application has got a BBA degree. Will she get any points for her HSSC (College: F.Sc).

areebhk

Dec 5, 2018
Bro Is it necessary to attest marksheet of SSC and HSC along with certificates? I asked you this because another person on this forum shared the procedure for WES quiet resemble to yours but he mentioned to attest the marksheets also

מר אף אחד

Jan 5, 2018
Bro Is it necessary to attest marksheet of SSC and HSC along with certificates? I asked you this because another person on this forum shared the procedure for WES quiet resemble to yours but he mentioned to attest the marksheets also
No ! , Marksheets are not necessary, nor required, Its the Certificate (HSSC,SSC), that should be attested,you can just get your highest qualification attested from WES,WES charge fee for each certificate,but sending them the Certificates of SSC to the highest qualification is mandatory.

willingsoul

Dec 24, 2018
Hey, you have mentioned that transcripts must be sent by the university in case of degree other tyan Pakistan, but while going through IQAS website, i saw that all degree awarding institutes must send the transcript n degree to IQAS directly. Can you please clear this, as it's confusing me.. waiting for your reply.

AamirAijaz

Dec 24, 2018
I have applied for ECA through IQAS, As per my courier documents have been received by IQAS on 2nd Nov 2018, but still neither I have got acknowledgment email from IQAS, nor the process started. Does anyone have any idea that how much time does IQAS take in order to acknowledge documents and initiate the process?

salman334

Nov 6, 2018
Hey, you have mentioned that transcripts must be sent by the university in case of degree other tyan Pakistan, but while going through IQAS website, i saw that all degree awarding institutes must send the transcript n degree to IQAS directly. Can you please clear this, as it's confusing me.. waiting for your reply.
Not all, only all those you want to be assessed for gaining points. If you think you won't get any points for Matric/FSc etc then you don't need to send those. Otherwise, you can have verified and sealed documents sent by awarding bodies or HEC

salman334

Nov 6, 2018
I have applied for ECA through IQAS, As per my courier documents have been received by IQAS on 2nd Nov 2018, but still neither I have got acknowledgment email from IQAS, nor the process started. Does anyone have any idea that how much time does IQAS take in order to acknowledge documents and initiate the process?
Same here, its been 2 months since I have posted the documents.

sarrahpatrick

Dec 9, 2018
Hi, thank you for this. How much did verification from the WES cost you? Moreover, I have done my A' Levels, will the procedure be the same?
Hello

I am posting this thread to lay out the ECA process for Pakistani applicants who wish to apply for Canadian Immigration through Express entry, and want their Educational credentials done from ECA Authority. Before I continue, this information is strictly for people who want to IMMIGRATE, and want their CREDENTIALS ASSESSED for IMMiGRATION PURPOSES

What is my degree equivalent to in Canadian Educational System?

It all depends, normally a 4 year Bs with 1 or 2 Year masters will be equivalent to a Masters level in Canadian Education system. Please look at the following guide in a link for comparison.

https://www.alberta.ca/iqas-education-guide-pakistan.aspx

Steps Involved in getting your Credentials Assessed form Assessment Authority

There are two kinds of Qualifications here

Pakistani Educational Credentials

Foreign Credentials

Many Students go abroad after attaining a Pakistani Qualification for Masters or for Bs. First I will describe how to get Pakistani Credentials Assessed from HEC.

How to get Pakistani Education assessed from HEC

Note : It is better to get all of your Educational Documents assessed from Canadian Authorities from Matric up .For that, you will need two sets of Photocopies of all of your Pakistani Credentials.

For IBCC

2 sets of Black and White copies of SSC and HSSC Certificates (Not Marks Sheet)
2 black copies of your ID Card

Note:IQAS charge one Fee for all of your educational credentials.
WES Charge per certificate, so you might need to drop SSC and HSSC and only get the highest degree assessed.

Matric and Fsc

Follow the following steps to get your SSC and HSSC from IBCC.

1 . Take your FSc and Matric certificates to FBISE Office if you graduated from Federal board or to your respective board office, There fill the form and pay the fee for attestation, you need to give them the black and white copies here. They will attest and seal them in an Envelope.Following is the link for complete procedure at FBISE

https://www.fbise.edu.pk/varificationdoc-indx.php

2. Now take the sealed Envelope and original certificates to IBCC Office in your City, Fill the application form and pay the fee, along with application form attach the Color Photocopies, along with the attested and sealed FBISE Envelope.They will keep the attested Envelope by FBISE and would attest the Original and Color Copies of your HSSC and SSC certificates.When you receive the Original and Color Photocopies, confirm the sticker at the Original and Photocopy certificates match. Visit the following link for the procedure at IBCC Offices

http://www.ibcc.edu.pk/attestation.php

Note: While paying the fee for attestation at IBCC, pay the fee to seal the documents upfront to save time when you are collecting the documents, ALWAYS KEEP THE PAYMENT COPY WITH YOU.

Both FBISE and IBCC claim to have an online attestation service, I had no experience of that and found, visiting office is always quick, but there is mismanagement at their offices, despite the ticket system in place.

KEEP THE SEALED ENVELOPE FROM IBCC WITH YOU,DO NOT OPEN,YOU NEED TO SEND THIS TO CANADA

מר אף אחד

Jan 5, 2018
Hi, thank you for this. How much did verification from the WES cost you? Moreover, I have done my A' Levels, will the procedure be the same?
You will get the points for either your Masters or Bachelor degree, I don't think so O and A levels play a major role in Canadian immigration, since you don't get any points for that.You can ask whichever body you got A levels from to, fill in the attestation form and dispatch it to WES directly.
Following is the Fee structure of WES
https://www.memphis.edu/vpai/documents/wes.pdf

I paid $ 275 in total for IQAS, this is for whatever credentials I had from Matric up to the Master,just one fee.WES will charge a fee for O level,A level, Bachelor, Masters.

Note: Although you don't have to use your O and A levels for claiming points, you still have to attach them in your application to WES and when you are filling in your eAPR.

Reactions: sarrahpatrick