+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA from University of Toronto Comparative Education Service (CES) - My Experience

Kawaljit 2021

Sep 30, 2020
How do you contact them on call. Please share the number. Thanks in advance
As of now you just can not contact them on call. They have with them only pre-recorded messages which would be only good upto the information already there on the website. So it does not make any sense to call them as of now. What is your query by the way. May be I can help you out.

Prerna1109

Oct 20, 2020
My C2 was done on 18th September and since then I am just waiting.
Second, does all MBAs get evualated as degrees? Mine is 2 years MBA.

Kawaljit 2021

Sep 30, 2020
My C2 was done on 18th September and since then I am just waiting.
Second, does all MBAs get evualated as degrees? Mine is 2 years MBA.
It should be evaluated as degree. You will have to wait for another about two months or so to get the needful done. Don't worry once they move to C3, the entire process would be completed in one week or so.

Reactions: Prerna1109

flextron

Nov 6, 2020
Hi, all. First post here.

I have a B.Com degree (3 years) from Osmania University, and a Post Graduate Diploma in Economics (1 year) that WAS jointly offered by University of Mumbai and Meghnad Desai Academy of Economics (autonomous college).

Can anyone please tell me what equivalency might CES award for these two credentials?

Also, can anyone guide me under what category does my post graduate diploma come under: University Education or Autonomous College?

Kindly help me with these queries.

Thanks in advance. :)

PS. The MoU between the institutions that offer this PG diploma has ended, and this PG diploma is currently offered by Meghnad Desai Academy of Economics alone; which means that I cannot produce transcripts directly from University of Mumbai (despite the fact that both my PG diploma certificate and official transcript are from BOTH institutions, jointly).

Lixa

Star Member
Oct 10, 2020
Physical transcripts received by them Feb. 03, 2020. First two steps completed in 15-20 days. 3rd, 4th steps completed on 15th Oct. and fifth step completed 16th Oct., same day ECA report emailed.
So you had to wait 8 months between step 2 and step 3 ? :eek:

Can someone relate? Was it the same for you?

I receive the C2 notification at the end of October after submitting in late August.

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
So you had to wait 8 months between step 2 and step 3 ? :eek:

Can someone relate? Was it the same for you?

I receive the C2 notification at the end of October after submitting in late August.
That was probably due to Covid-19. They had a lot of backlog from 2019 by that point.

Manish Shukla

Dec 14, 2017
CES from UOT: Polytechnic diploma + Engineering. How many credential evaluations I have to apply in CES of UOT.

Hi All,

I have done a Polytechnic diploma and then took admission in BE 3rd semester. While creating the profile in CES there is only the option to apply one credential for one course which not the case in WES. WES gives you the option to apply for both in the same credential if degree based on the diploma.
So, I need help here, Do I need to apply only for a BE degree, or Need to apply for Polytechnic credentials separately In CES application.
I tried to call but they are not accepting the calls now and the same on email.
Awaiting for the help.

Thanks

kumaraks

Jun 29, 2020
Hi Guys, Did anybody send the Bachelors transcript to CES from Pune University? If yes, then what's the process? Can I avail the services of Mail Transcripts or True Copy? I am confused by a Note mentioned on CES website. This says that 'Please note college transcripts/records sent via DOCSWALLET, TrueCopy, MailTranscripts or other secure electronic transcript providers do not meet our verified/attested mark sheets requirement unless they are from an autonomous college.'

My college is not autonomous and affiliated to Pune University.

kumaraks

Jun 29, 2020
It should be evaluated as degree. You will have to wait for another about two months or so to get the needful done. Don't worry once they move to C3, the entire process would be completed in one week or so.
Not sure how much wait is required more. My C2 was done on 6th August and still waiting for the evaluation. I only submitted my MBA for evaluation earlier and asked them to add Bachelors also so that MBA gets evaluated as Masters. As per their email, the ECA for Bachelors will be considered as a new application which will take another 6 months. So, not sure if i would like to go ahead with them again. Do we have anyone on this forum whose document was received by them in August?

kumaraks

Jun 29, 2020
Hi, all. First post here.

I have a B.Com degree (3 years) from Osmania University, and a Post Graduate Diploma in Economics (1 year) that WAS jointly offered by University of Mumbai and Meghnad Desai Academy of Economics (autonomous college).

Can anyone please tell me what equivalency might CES award for these two credentials?

Also, can anyone guide me under what category does my post graduate diploma come under: University Education or Autonomous College?

Kindly help me with these queries.

Thanks in advance. :)

PS. The MoU between the institutions that offer this PG diploma has ended, and this PG diploma is currently offered by Meghnad Desai Academy of Economics alone; which means that I cannot produce transcripts directly from University of Mumbai (despite the fact that both my PG diploma certificate and official transcript are from BOTH institutions, jointly).
I think CES does not evaluate 1 year PG Diploma to Masters. Not sure though, but they may evaluate both as 4 year degree equivalent. So, it's better not to go with them.

Reactions: abhimanyu_kohli

flextron

Nov 6, 2020
I think CES does not evaluate 1 year PG Diploma to Masters. Not sure though, but they may evaluate both as 4 year degree equivalent. So, it's better not to go with them.
Hi, Thank you for the response. I am expecting my PG diploma to be treated as a diploma or a 4-year bachelors' degree and not as a masters' program, because I want a 2 degree/diploma equivalency.

flextron

Nov 6, 2020
Also, can anyone please tell me when the VFS offices in India will begin their operations. Asking for a friend, because he is waiting for his biometrics.

JoaneAndrew

Dec 30, 2020
4 March: Application submitted
Transcript stuck at DHL from March 18
1 Jun: hardcopy transcript delivered to CES' site
18 Sep: STEP 2 completed
24 Sep: transcript emailed by my institution
28 Sep: STEP 3-5 completed (the date I checked, no notification email from CES)
1 Oct: Got electronic CES report (after I chat with the agent)

My Advice:
- Ask your university to send the transcript electronically (I think it will help to expedite the process, I regretted for not asking my institution to e-mail CES from the beginning of application)
- If you don't get a reply from email, try use the chat on the web.
Hey which email id you gave it to your university to send it to CES electronically? My uni asking for a concerned person nane too!!

maan1982

Feb 22, 2018
Received my CES ECA yesterday. MBA from LPU, Punjab. Master equivalency given in ECA.
Here my timeline for info:
Applied 7 Aug 2020
Transcripts sent from LPU on 16 Aug electronically and courier both
C2 confirmation on 23 Aug
C3 confirmation on 5 Jan 2021
C4 confirmation on 7 Jan 2021
C5 confirmation on 7 Jan 2021 Decision made
C6 confirmation on 7 Jan 2021. Decision dispatched
Electronic copy of ECA received in email. CES will dispatch hard copy at later stage.