+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA from University of Toronto Comparative Education Service (CES) - My Experience

Ranbir_Dhillon

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
Chandigarh
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Received my CES ECA yesterday. MBA from LPU, Punjab. Master equivalency given in ECA.
Here my timeline for info:
Applied 7 Aug 2020
Transcripts sent from LPU on 16 Aug electronically and courier both
C2 confirmation on 23 Aug
C3 confirmation on 5 Jan 2021
C4 confirmation on 7 Jan 2021
C5 confirmation on 7 Jan 2021 Decision made
C6 confirmation on 7 Jan 2021. Decision dispatched
Electronic copy of ECA received in email. CES will dispatch hard copy at later stage.

Hi !!

I uploaded all my master's documents (DMCs and Degree) on CES portal and submitted fees as well.
But my university gave official transcripts to me, as I read instructions and they clearly mentioned there that a candidate can send transcripts as well to CES in an official sealed envelope if university released that document to the student.

My main concern is, Do I need to courier my other documents such as DMCs and degree too or only transcript in university's sealed envelope would be enough ?

Thanks in advance.

maan1982

Feb 22, 2018
Hi !!

I uploaded all my master's documents (DMCs and Degree) on CES portal and submitted fees as well.
But my university gave official transcripts to me, as I read instructions and they clearly mentioned there that a candidate can send transcripts as well to CES in an official sealed envelope if university released that document to the student.

My main concern is, Do I need to courier my other documents such as DMCs and degree too or only transcript in university's sealed envelope would be enough ?

Thanks in advance.
I sent nothing thru courier. Uploaded the DMC and Degree in CES portal and transcripts sent directly from University. In your case, you only need to send the sealed envelope only to CES by courier.

Lixa

Star Member
Oct 10, 2020
Hi !!

Thanks in advance.
You should ask your university to send your documents electronically to CES ! Processing time are at least 40 weeks after reception if you send it by courier...

You should read these informations on their web site :

https://learn.utoronto.ca/comparative-education-service-apply-now/ces-covid-19-updates

Lixa

Star Member
Oct 10, 2020
Received my CES ECA yesterday. MBA from LPU, Punjab. Master equivalency given in ECA.
Here my timeline for info:
Applied 7 Aug 2020
Transcripts sent from LPU on 16 Aug electronically and courier both
C2 confirmation on 23 Aug
C3 confirmation on 5 Jan 2021
C4 confirmation on 7 Jan 2021
C5 confirmation on 7 Jan 2021 Decision made
C6 confirmation on 7 Jan 2021. Decision dispatched
Electronic copy of ECA received in email. CES will dispatch hard copy at later stage.
That's good news! These 14 to 20 weeks still seem to be accurate!

vivektripathy20

Star Member
Dec 28, 2020
Hello everyone,
Please find below my CES ECA timeline
Physical documents received at CES address 15th June,2020
C2:Transcripts received mail update 11th November,2020
C3:Initial Review Complete 12th January,2021
C4 & C5:Assessment Decision Made 18th January,2021
Decision sent to me by email
Outcome:Master of Business Administration degree from a
recognized university

kumaraks

Jun 29, 2020
Hi Guys, Need help in understanding the outcome of my ECA. After waiting for 7 months, here is the outcome mentioned by CES:
Outcome 1: Four Year Bachelor's Degree from a recognized university
Outcome 2: Postgraduate Diploma from a recognized university

I only submitted the transcript for MBA from Mumbai University. I am confused with these 2 outcomes. Can someone help me in decoding the real outcome?

JoaneAndrew

Dec 30, 2020
Hi Guys, Need help in understanding the outcome of my ECA. After waiting for 7 months, here is the outcome mentioned by CES:
Outcome 1: Four Year Bachelor's Degree from a recognized university
Outcome 2: Postgraduate Diploma from a recognized university

I only submitted the transcript for MBA from Mumbai University. I am confused with these 2 outcomes. Can someone help me in decoding the real outcome?
I think it simply means that they don't consider your mba as a masters but 4 years degree or a pg diploma. Confirm with your consultant on the same.

kumaraks

Jun 29, 2020
I think it simply means that they don't consider your mba as a masters but 4 years degree or a pg diploma. Confirm with your consultant on the same.
By consultant, you mean the one who did my ECA evaluation? Or you mean to say immigration consultant?

Raghubir

Star Member
Oct 3, 2020
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
29-April-2021
My timeline

Transcript submitted on September 09 (Electronic copy). Finally got ECA report in email yesterday.
  • Complete1. Initial Review In Progress Sep 09
  • Complete2. Transcript(s) Received Jan 27
  • Complete3. Initial Review Complete Jan 27
  • Complete4. Assessment In Progress Jan 28
  • Complete5. Assessment Decision Made Jan 29
  • Not Complete6. Decision Dispatched

Reactions: Sferr

JoaneAndrew

Dec 30, 2020
My timeline

Transcript submitted on September 09 (Electronic copy). Finally got ECA report in email yesterday.
  • Complete1. Initial Review In Progress Sep 09
  • Complete2. Transcript(s) Received Jan 27
  • Complete3. Initial Review Complete Jan 27
  • Complete4. Assessment In Progress Jan 28
  • Complete5. Assessment Decision Made Jan 29
  • Not Complete6. Decision Dispatched
Hey any Update?

Snehal2909

Jan 6, 2021
I have done engineering and MBA from Pune university and want to apply in express entry program in canada. Do i need to evaluate my both the degrees or evaluation of only one will suffice? and in case, if i evaluate both the degrees, do i need to pay separately for each degree? and what i sthe equivalency given by CES for MBA done from Pune university

JoaneAndrew

Dec 30, 2020
I have done engineering and MBA from Pune university and want to apply in express entry program in canada. Do i need to evaluate my both the degrees or evaluation of only one will suffice? and in case, if i evaluate both the degrees, do i need to pay separately for each degree? and what i sthe equivalency given by CES for MBA done from Pune university
Different ECA bodies have different requirements. WES wants both degree and mba. If your mba is of two years they ll recognize it as pgd. But they are the quickest. Check their website to know know if your uni is acceptable to them or not.
as EE application you can to provide only your highest degree ,in your case mba but you need to check which eca can give you Masters recognition. Also people tend to provide both degree and masters as you dont have to pay separately. And later on if immi has any doubts on your masters they can ask you to do graduation eca too, which delays the application process.
CES gives master equi for mba but not always guaranteed. I would suggest evaluate both degrees as they charge per application only.

Last edited:
May 29, 2020
I did B.Sc & M.sc both( Biotech) from Bangalore University, did my ECA from Wes, got Bachelors 4years & Pg diploma, 1 year. So any idea which will give me masters evaluation ? IQAS or CES or ICAS

JoaneAndrew

Dec 30, 2020
I did B.Sc & M.sc both( Biotech) from Bangalore University, did my ECA from Wes, got Bachelors 4years & Pg diploma, 1 year. So any idea which will give me masters evaluation ? IQAS or CES or ICAS
All three can give you masters but check on their website, if they recognize your uni. IQAS is not accepting applications, it gets stuck at payment page. I have tried it for two months. You can opt for CES or ICAS. Both take really long. CES takes around 5-6 months.