+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA from University of Toronto Comparative Education Service (CES) - My Experience

Jazzpanag

Star Member
Jul 7, 2019
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10 May'22
IELTS Request
L-8,R-8,S-7.5,W-7.5
Passport Req..
25th May'22
Guys, I need help as this has become very frustrating for me.

I have submitted my application on Jan 16 and according to courier my documents were delivered on 20th Jan. But on CES application status page, it was updated on 15th Jan that my transcripts were received but since then there is no progress.

Weird thing is that Step 1: Initial review in Progress is still Incomplte
but Step 2: Transcripts received is complete.

Can any of you had this situation and what should I do now ?

TIA
Nadeem

Same thing happened to me as well, documents received on 9th Jan, but step 1 completed on 15th April approx., All we need to do is wait. However they are ready to proceed further if my university respond to their query on mail but uni is also closed due to lockdown.

Sen88

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
I'm in the process of CES application and didn't pay yet. My reference number is displaying with X000000 on top of the application. Will this number change after I make payment or always same?

Because I'm sending Academic Record Request form to my university prior to make payment with current reference number. Due to COVID, it may be delay from university. Once they receive my documents, I will pay to CES. Please confirm on this reference number whether it's unique or will change..

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I'm in the process of CES application and didn't pay yet. My reference number is displaying with X000000 on top of the application. Will this number change after I make payment or always same?

Because I'm sending Academic Record Request form to my university prior to make payment with current reference number. Due to COVID, it may be delay from university. Once they receive my documents, I will pay to CES. Please confirm on this reference number whether it's unique or will change..
That reference number is not unique. When you pay your application, this number will change. Normally you'd pay your application first to get your real reference number, so that when your university sends the documents to CES they have your reference number.

Sen88

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
Does CES accept electronic documents such scanned transcripts and certificates which are sent through University's official email with seal and signature these days? (Russian) Has anybody done?

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Does CES accept electronic documents such scanned transcripts and certificates which are sent through University's official email with seal and signature these days? (Russian) Has anybody done?
I sent mine from a US university (official transcripts via email). Their website (CES) lets you know if they accept your official transcripts this way.

Sherry8888

Jun 2, 2020
Hello Harish,

I'm from Chennai. I already got my Bachelor's evaluated from WES. Now that i'v completed my 1 year Post graduate Certificate program from Great lakes institute of Management, I'd want to get this evaluated as well. I'm skeptical that WES does not recognize this University. So I'm planning for CES.

In my scenario, should I send my bachelor's degree as well for evaluation(2 degrees evaluation) ? Or just my post graduate diploma alone will be sufficient? Pls share your inputs.

Hello Harish

I have a similar case,
Got my Bachelor's evaluated from WES. Now that i'v completed my 1 year Post graduate Certificate program in machine learning from Great lakes institute of Management, I'd want to get this evaluated as well. I am planning to get this done by CES Should I send my bachelor's degree as well for evaluation(2 degrees evaluation) ? Or just my post graduate diploma alone will be sufficient?

Reactions: Joy2020

sand_1991

Jun 7, 2019
That reference number is not unique. When you pay your application, this number will change. Normally you'd pay your application first to get your real reference number, so that when your university sends the documents to CES they have your reference number.
I think we only need the Student ID and not the reference number. So i think if you have created the account and have started the application then you will get the Student ID, which you can use to send your transcripts and later make the payment.

sand_1991

Jun 7, 2019
I have also submitted my application but there is no progress as i can see. It doesn't even say that Transcripts received and Initial review in progress. My transcripts were delivered to them on 25th MAy. My university is also willing to send the transcripts online but do anyone here think that will be good step to fasten the process as Ontario is locked down till 30th June.

ciscoccie

Jul 2, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In this forum some people received Masters degree outcome by submitting MA Ecomics from university of Karachi but today I received report from CES saying 4 years bachelors. Do you think an appeal will work?

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
In this forum some people received Masters degree outcome by submitting MA Ecomics from university of Karachi but today I received report from CES saying 4 years bachelors. Do you think an appeal will work?
They award MBA equivalency to dudes that have an MBA degree under their belt. The certificate too must read 'Masters' in it.
MA some times fetches a 1 year PG as well as 4 years bachelors. You can go for an appeal but I doubt if you can get Masters Equivalency from them. You can go with IQAS as well

musaraza14

Jun 3, 2020
I have 2 yrs Bachelor's degree followed by 2 yrs MBA(75 Credit Hrs) (16 years education). To get a better CRS score, I am in dire need to get a Master's equivalence. For ECA through CES, I am in a quandary whether to send my bachelor's degree with MBA or not. My mind is pushing me to send only MBA degree while 2 different consultants have advised to send Bachelor's degree as well, without mentioning any specific reason for the same.

Do any of you see any harm in sending/not sending bachelor's degree?
Which option would have better chances of getting master's equivalence (I know, no one except CES can decide that, but still need your opinion)

Don't you think sending both degrees would make it obvious that I have 16 yrs education which could deny me a master's equivalence?

Plz Help, I will proceed with HEC attestation and CES fee in light of your comments.

Additionally, a Canadian consultant told me that owing to COVID situation, CES isn't asking for hard copies of transcripts / degrees through courier and that we just need to upload HEC attested transcripts / degrees. Is it right? (Have emailed CES about the same & awaiting their response).
aj534160, any suggestion please?

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
I have 2 yrs Bachelor's degree followed by 2 yrs MBA(75 Credit Hrs) (16 years education). To get a better CRS score, I am in dire need to get a Master's equivalence. For ECA through CES, I am in a quandary whether to send my bachelor's degree with MBA or not. My mind is pushing me to send only MBA degree while 2 different consultants have advised to send Bachelor's degree as well, without mentioning any specific reason for the same.

Do any of you see any harm in sending/not sending bachelor's degree?
Which option would have better chances of getting master's equivalence (I know, no one except CES can decide that, but still need your opinion)

Don't you think sending both degrees would make it obvious that I have 16 yrs education which could deny me a master's equivalence?

Plz Help, I will proceed with HEC attestation and CES fee in light of your comments.

Additionally, a Canadian consultant told me that owing to COVID situation, CES isn't asking for hard copies of transcripts / degrees through courier and that we just need to upload HEC attested transcripts / degrees. Is it right? (Have emailed CES about the same & awaiting their response).
aj534160, any suggestion please?
Buddy, it is always safe to get the Bachelor's and Master's degree evaluated although the site awards full points if you only have a Master's degree. Even though it might cost you around 10K, it is still worth it.
So send both your bachelor's and master's to CES in the same courier. If your bachelor's is a 4 year (FT) course and if your Master's degree (FT or PT) is a 2 year one, you can get Master's equivalency.
But keep in mind that WES, CES, IQAS and other org are bombarded with tons and tons of transcripts and also all the staff are working from home. So they might not have access to your physical file until they reach their offices which is September or Oct and after that, it might take around 4 months to complete your report.
By the way, what is your CRS now and what is your NOC?

musaraza14

Jun 3, 2020
Buddy, it is always safe to get the Bachelor's and Master's degree evaluated although the site awards full points if you only have a Master's degree. Even though it might cost you around 10K, it is still worth it.
So send both your bachelor's and master's to CES in the same courier. If your bachelor's is a 4 year (FT) course and if your Master's degree (FT or PT) is a 2 year one, you can get Master's equivalency.
But keep in mind that WES, CES, IQAS and other org are bombarded with tons and tons of transcripts and also all the staff are working from home. So they might not have access to your physical file until they reach their offices which is September or Oct and after that, it might take around 4 months to complete your report.
By the way, what is your CRS now and what is your NOC?
Thanks for your response. Only things that bars me from sending my bachelor's degree is that it is a 2 yrs bachelor's. Had it been a 4 yrs degree, I wouldn't hv given 2nd thought about doing so. Sending both degrees would make it evident that I hv 16 yrs education and chances of getting master's equivalence might diminish.

With Master's degree and good IELTS, I can score between 456-460.
I have two options for the NOC, 0124 or 1123 (marketing professionals)