+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA from University of Toronto Comparative Education Service (CES) - My Experience

GEOSAC20

Jan 20, 2020
I started my application with CES on January 15th, 2020. I submitted it on January 16th. After submission, I immediately requested an electronic/pdf copy of my transcript, from my US University, to be sent to CES, via CredentialSolutions. On the 17th, I called CredentialSolutions to make sure they had sent my transcript. After that I called CES to confirm they actually received it. But they checked for a while and told me they would send me an email to confirm. So, they didn't tell me if they actually received it. So I waited and checked my application and my email every 30 minutes. On January 20th, I receive two emails one from CredentialSolutions and the other from CES confirming my transcript was delivered and downloaded, and was received, respectively. I immediately checked my CES application and the first 2 steps( initial review in progress, transcript received) were "complete". Now, I am waiting for the next step.

Zaje

Jan 17, 2020
According to my courier service my transcripts were delivered to CES on Jan 06, 2020 but still no update :(

ja1904

Star Member
Sep 27, 2019
Thanks a lot.

Surpeisingly for us, steps 1 and 3 got completed on 27th December. Not sure how. Now just hoping to get the last 3 steps completed in this week.
To update everyone, have got the evaluation completed. The dispatch is still pending:
  • Complete1. Initial Review In Progress - December 27, 2019
  • Complete2. Transcript(s) Received - October 09, 2019 (Effective date October 02, 2019 when they actually received the documents)
  • Complete3. Initial Review Complete - December 27, 2019
  • Complete4. Assessment In Progress - January 16, 2020
  • Complete5. Assessment Decision Made - January 21, 2020
  • Not Complete6. Decision Dispatched

Jazzpanag

Star Member
Jul 7, 2019
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10 May'22
IELTS Request
L-8,R-8,S-7.5,W-7.5
Passport Req..
25th May'22
Suggestions please
My documents were delivered on 9th Jan as per courier service but status is not updated till now, should i wait more or contact ces over phone.
Experienced ones please reply

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Suggestions please
My documents were delivered on 9th Jan as per courier service but status is not updated till now, should i wait more or contact ces over phone.
Experienced ones please reply
I remember reading in one of the posts that CES got all deliveries sent to them over the break on the same day. From what I've seen on these threads, people have waited between 20-25 days for Step 2 to show as completed. You can call CES but that does not mean they will expedite the process for you or anyone. I think they do have your documents. Hopefully you'll get notified soon that your Step 2 was completed. It's a long wait, but time passes anyways. It's good to focus on other things while you wait, like getting all your other documents ready, your funds ready to show, etc. Good luck!

neelsol

Jan 22, 2020
When did your documents reach CES as per the courier tracking? My documents reached on 2nd October and I got step 1 & 3 updated on 27th December, and step 4 completed on 16th January. You can extrapolate for your case accordingly. It is possible that steps 1, 3 and 4 all get completed in 12th / 13th week (excluding 2 week holiday period).
Hi JA,

Thanks for your prompt response, its really nice to see your application move that swiftly.

My courier had been delivered to CES on 27th October, 2019. the only update that reflected after it was on 13th November "Transcript(s) Received", no further updates after that. Any ideas what can be done here !

do I need to follow up to any email id or any such cases which have been hold, my filing has been stuck without the ECA :(

Any help, much appreciated ... Thanks again!!

ja1904

Star Member
Sep 27, 2019
Hi JA,

Thanks for your prompt response, its really nice to see your application move that swiftly.

My courier had been delivered to CES on 27th October, 2019. the only update that reflected after it was on 13th November "Transcript(s) Received", no further updates after that. Any ideas what can be done here !

do I need to follow up to any email id or any such cases which have been hold, my filing has been stuck without the ECA :(

Any help, much appreciated ... Thanks again!!
Your 12 weeks (excluding 2 week holiday period) get completed on 3rd of February. The next update may come only post that; Please be patient till then, as calling them at this wouldn't really help. You should get your steps 1, 3 and 4 completed somewhere around 10th Feb and get the decision by 17th Feb going by the current timelines.

Reactions: neelsol

neelsol

Jan 22, 2020
Thanks a ton JA,

Appreciate your help a lot and now will wait until the 10th of Feb. hopefully everything moves as swiftly, I will keep you all peeps posted on the same!!!

Cheers!! :)

VG patel

Jan 17, 2020
Can I pay through my Visa Debit card. As I don't have credit card available at the moment?
An urgent reply is requested.

VG patel

Jan 17, 2020
Can any guid me. I have completed my Msc ( masters of science) so can I get master equivalent ECA through CES? Pls reply urgently so that we can proceed further.

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Can I pay through my Visa Debit card. As I don't have credit card available at the moment?
An urgent reply is requested.
Yes.
Can any guid me. I have completed my Msc ( masters of science) so can I get master equivalent ECA through CES? Pls reply urgently so that we can proceed further.
Masters from where? How many years? How many credits? Did you have to do an internship for your degree? Did you want to get 2-year equivalency?

VG patel

Jan 17, 2020
Yes.

Masters from where? How many years? How many credits? Did you have to do an internship for your degree? Did you want to get 2-year equivalency?
I have done my B.sc ( 3 years full time degree course) than done Msc (2 years full time master degree).