+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA from University of Toronto Comparative Education Service (CES) - My Experience

VG patel

Jan 17, 2020
[QUOTE="VG patel, post: 8439396, member: 952502"
Actually I am looking for Canada immigration PNP program for that I want to do ECA. And as ma education I have done Bsc from gujarat University (3 year full time University degree after 12th class) and than done Msc (2 year full time University master degree). So my query is that can my education consider as master's, so that I can get master equivalent point for SINP program. Pls guid me as earliest.

VG patel

Jan 17, 2020
Yes.

Masters from where? How many years? How many credits? Did you have to do an internship for your degree? Did you want to get 2-year equivalency?
Actually I am looking for Canada immigration PNP program for that I want to do ECA. And as ma education I have done Bsc from gujarat University (3 year full time University degree after 12th class) and than done Msc (2 year full time University master degree). So my query is that can my education consider as master's, so that I can get master equivalent point for SINP program. Pls guid me as earliest.

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
As you probably have read on this post, on numerous times people with a 3-year Bachelor and 2-year Masters get their education evaluated as 4-year Bachelor + 1-year Post-Graduate program, for a 2 or more programs equivalency, which is better than just Bachelors. I do not think that you have high chances of breaking this trend and obtaining a Masters equivalency ECA using CES. I think maybe another ECA service might be better, although I have read about so many cases like yours (3+2) which do not get Masters equivalency. Maybe someone on the forum has had a different experience and could share it with everyone. Good luck!

Apoorva_1987

Star Member
Dec 20, 2019
New Delhi, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-Sep-2019
IELTS Request
12-Nov-2019
Hi all,

For Canada immigration, I did the ECA evaluation from WES. I have a 4-year bachelor and 2 year MBA, but WED gave me 4-year bachelor and 1-year diploma.

I have heard that University of Toronto give 2 year MBA equivalent of MBA in Canada.

Questions -

1. How much time does it take to complete ECA form CES

2. Can I only get my master evaluated from CES and update my EE profile with ECA from 2 bodies?

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi all,

For Canada immigration, I did the ECA evaluation from WES. I have a 4-year bachelor and 2 year MBA, but WED gave me 4-year bachelor and 1-year diploma.

I have heard that University of Toronto give 2 year MBA equivalent of MBA in Canada.

Questions -

1. How much time does it take to complete ECA form CES

2. Can I only get my master evaluated from CES and update my EE profile with ECA from 2 bodies?
1. As you probably have already extensively read on this post, CES is currently taking 14 weeks of processing time for ECAs after receiving your official transcripts.

2. In theory, it is possible to update your EE profile with ECA from two companies. However, did WES issue you 2 different ECAs? If you have 1 ECA for Bachelors and 1 for your MBA, then I see no issue with having two different ECA.

I don't know where you might have heard that CES gives 2 year MBA a Masters equivalent. I'd say it is highly dependent on: how similar your program was compared to a Canadian one, if your university is recognized or not by CES, if you had internship, practical or research credits instead of all credits being related to classes, and so on. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Reactions: Apoorva_1987

ppg9999

Jan 22, 2020
Hi. I have filed my application for ECA with CES of University of Toronto. While uploading the scanned copies of my graduation and masters degree, I uploaded only the front side of my degreees. I uploaded them and submitted my application by paying the required application fee.
Now I read on the CES website that scan of both sides of my degrees weere required to be uploaded. What should I do?

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi. I have filed my application for ECA with CES of University of Toronto. While uploading the scanned copies of my graduation and masters degree, I uploaded only the front side of my degreees. I uploaded them and submitted my application by paying the required application fee.
Now I read on the CES website that scan of both sides of my degrees weere required to be uploaded. What should I do?
You might experience a delay in your application process. However, at this point you would need to wait until they review your file. Since you have already paid, you can't change your application in any way. If they have a problem with your application they will contact you and ask for your documents.On the other hand, you could try calling them, explain your situation and they could offer more options than just my opinion.

VG patel

Jan 17, 2020
As you probably have read on this post, on numerous times people with a 3-year Bachelor and 2-year Masters get their education evaluated as 4-year Bachelor + 1-year Post-Graduate program, for a 2 or more programs equivalency, which is better than just Bachelors. I do not think that you have high chances of breaking this trend and obtaining a Masters equivalency ECA using CES. I think maybe another ECA service might be better, although I have read about so many cases like yours (3+2) which do not get Masters equivalency. Maybe someone on the forum has had a different experience and could share it with everyone. Good luck!
Thanks for your reply. But I heard and seen in they given 4 years bachelor and 1 year master which is written on ECA certificat. By this may people applied their immigration file with master points. Anyways thanks for your prompt reply.
Can any one having other opinions, pls lets know...pls

Apoorva_1987

Star Member
Dec 20, 2019
New Delhi, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-Sep-2019
IELTS Request
12-Nov-2019
1. As you probably have already extensively read on this post, CES is currently taking 14 weeks of processing time for ECAs after receiving your official transcripts.

2. In theory, it is possible to update your EE profile with ECA from two companies. However, did WES issue you 2 different ECAs? If you have 1 ECA for Bachelors and 1 for your MBA, then I see no issue with having two different ECA.

I don't know where you might have heard that CES gives 2 year MBA a Masters equivalent. I'd say it is highly dependent on: how similar your program was compared to a Canadian one, if your university is recognized or not by CES, if you had internship, practical or research credits instead of all credits being related to classes, and so on. Hope this helps. Good luck!
I have 1 WES for both Bachelors and Masters.

I get what you are saying.

It's just another attempt to boost the score. That all we can do.

Ysreddy

Jan 6, 2020
In CES each credential cost is $ 210. So, if I have masters degree should I upload only masters degree or Should I upload Graduation degree also. Please suggest guys.

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
In CES each credential cost is $ 210. So, if I have masters degree should I upload only masters degree or Should I upload Graduation degree also. Please suggest guys.
Normally, only your highest degree should be evaluated, nevertheless, it largely depends on where did you do your Masters, the length of your program, credits and type of program. From recognized universities you can expect ECA Masters equivalency from 2-year programs with no internship necessary to graduate and with similar curriculum of Canadian programs with the same name. Other than that, they might give other Master degrees, 1-year post graduate degree equivalency, which is not ideal for some candidates but it is better than only having bachelor equivalency.

Reactions: Ysreddy

Faizan_CS

Jan 23, 2020
Hello Everyone,

This is my first post in the relevance. I have read multiple threads regrading the process for having ECA from CES. The instructions are quiet clear here. I however, really am confused.

Im sending the documents from Pakistan to CES for ECA. I already have my degree and transcript attested from the HEC in the sealed envelope. But there are few problems.

1- My attested photocopies in sealed envelope are plain(black and white) photocopies are they accepted or do i have to get colored photocopies attested again?
2- My package was attested and sealed in October (still sealed). Does this really matter? Can i send the same envelope for ECA?
3- Do I have to send colored photocopy of my passport or CNIC along with the complete package sent to UoT or any one will do the job?

Ysreddy

Jan 6, 2020
Normally, only your highest degree should be evaluated, nevertheless, it largely depends on where did you do your Masters, the length of your program, credits and type of program. From recognized universities you can expect ECA Masters equivalency from 2-year programs with no internship necessary to graduate and with similar curriculum of Canadian programs with the same name. Other than that, they might give other Master degrees, 1-year post graduate degree equivalency, which is not ideal for some candidates but it is better than only having bachelor equivalency.
Thanks for your reply. Is there any group where everyone

Ysreddy

Jan 6, 2020
Thanks for your reply. Is there any group where everyone can share their views??