+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA from University of Toronto Comparative Education Service (CES) - My Experience

Zaje

Jan 17, 2020
Hi,
While creating my ECA application at CES online portal there was a check-box appearing which asked:

Use this form if you would like to:
Authorize the release of information regarding your CES educational credential assessment to a third party. Designate an individual or organization as your representative to CES

AUTHORIZATION TO RELEASE INFORMATION ABOUT MY EDUCATIONAL CREDENTIAL ASSESSMENT

Complete this section if you would like to authorize CES to release information regarding your educational credential assessment to a third party. The individual or organization you authorize will be able to obtain information about the status of your application and the outcome of your assessment.

Anyone have any idea should I select this or not in order to make my assessment outcome available for IRCC?

Vimald2v

Star Member
Jan 12, 2016
Can you please share your no.
I got a reply from them of mail stating that,
Thank you for contacting the Comparative Education Service (CES).

If your tracking information has confirmed the delivery of your official documents from your institution to CES but your application status is unmarked or set as “Initial Review in Progress”, this means that your file is in queue for review. Please be advised that due to the large volume of official academic records CES receives regularly, we require 20 - 25 business days in order to match official academic records to applications. Please be assured that your processing time begins on the day your transcripts arrive at our office, not the day it is matched to your application.

Please note that this time frame does not include the University of Toronto's holiday closure.

Once CES reviews and accepts the official documents, your online application status will be updated accordingly and you will receive an automatic email.

Click here to learn more about checking the status of your application.

Sincerely,

stillwaters1

Jan 18, 2020
Folks,
As per courier services documents delivered to ces on 9th Jan but status not updated till, add should i contact them on phone, it's been 8 days since the docs are delivered at CES, i think they are stretching time intentionally
You should just wait. They told me they take about 20-25 business days to match mail. Plus, all the mail that was supposed to be delivered to CES during the closure (which was 2 whole weeks) were delivered on January 6/2020 (courier, registered post, regular mail).

stillwaters1

Jan 18, 2020
Folks,

For CES ECA for Indian Degrees.

Do you send both attested transcripts and attested marksheets?
Website says attested marksheets from University. Is this adequate?
They also say transcripts scanned and uploaded.

Anyone with a guide for CES Indian University documents process.

Thanks
You should scan and upload colour copies of your final degree certificate, mark sheets for all semesters for the degree ur going to assess. For the official transcript, you should ask the registrar or controller of examinations of the university that you got the degree from to stamp and sign copies of your mark sheets. Pls ask them to seal the envelope and stamp it or it will get rejected by the organizations on immigration Canada's website.

stillwaters1

Jan 18, 2020
Mine was received by them on 6 Jan and still no update. I called them yesterday and they told me it's normal and gonna take more time because they had 2 weeks break.
All the mail that was supposed to be delivered to ces during the holiday closure was all delivered on january 6/2020. They emailed me and said they got a few hundred packages that day.

stillwaters1

Jan 18, 2020
Hi,
While creating my ECA application at CES online portal there was a check-box appearing which asked:

Use this form if you would like to:
Authorize the release of information regarding your CES educational credential assessment to a third party. Designate an individual or organization as your representative to CES

AUTHORIZATION TO RELEASE INFORMATION ABOUT MY EDUCATIONAL CREDENTIAL ASSESSMENT

Complete this section if you would like to authorize CES to release information regarding your educational credential assessment to a third party. The individual or organization you authorize will be able to obtain information about the status of your application and the outcome of your assessment.

Anyone have any idea should I select this or not in order to make my assessment outcome available for IRCC?
CES shares information with IRCC directly. This form for if you have a spouse, partner, family member or friend that will call or email to ask about your application. They are following the law in Canada.

Jazzpanag

Star Member
Jul 7, 2019
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10 May'22
IELTS Request
L-8,R-8,S-7.5,W-7.5
Passport Req..
25th May'22

If your tracking information has confirmed the delivery of your official documents from your institution to CES but your application status is unmarked or set as “Initial Review in Progress”, this means that your file is in queue for review. Please be advised that due to the large volume of official academic records CES receives regularly, we require 20 - 25 business days in order to match official academic records to applications. Please be assured that your processing time begins on the day your transcripts arrive at our office, not the day it is matched to your application.

Please note that this time frame does not include the University of Toronto's holiday closure.

Once CES reviews and accepts the official documents, your online application status will be updated accordingly and you will receive an automatic email.

Sincerely,
Thanks,
It means, our 3 months time is not yet started. Is it ??

stillwaters1

Jan 18, 2020
Thanks,
It means, our 3 months time is not yet started. Is it ??
If you followed the instructions they have on the website, your 14 weeks (doesn't include 2 weeks uoft was closed for the holidays) will begin from the date ur last item came into their office. They email you when your file gets accepted and will tell you what date the clock started.

Jazzpanag

Star Member
Jul 7, 2019
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10 May'22
IELTS Request
L-8,R-8,S-7.5,W-7.5
Passport Req..
25th May'22

Sincerely,
hi,which one is correct

Contradictory statements

Mailed to you:please be assured that your processing time begins on the day your transcripts arrive at our office, not the day it is matched to your application.

Mentioned on CES website:- The date that we determine your documents are acceptable for assessment becomes the official acceptance date of your application. The estimated processing times are based upon this start date.

ja1904

Star Member
Sep 27, 2019
hi,which one is correct

Contradictory statements

Mailed to you:please be assured that your processing time begins on the day your transcripts arrive at our office, not the day it is matched to your application.

Mentioned on CES website:- The date that we determine your documents are acceptable for assessment becomes the official acceptance date of your application. The estimated processing times are based upon this start date.
Unless there is additional requirement / discrepancy with the documents, it's usually the date on which they RECEIVED the documents. Although you might get an update only after 10-12 weeks. Take an hypothetical example - if your documents reached CES on 10th Jan, you will get your step 2 as completed (transcripts received) somewhere by 20th Jan; and then you will get your steps 1 and 3 as completed only by 3rd April (that's 12 weeks) - here you will get an email stating something like - "your documents have been accepted effective date 10th January - you can expect the final outcome to be completed within time frame of 14 weeks of that date (i.e. 10th January).

In an unfortunate case, it may happen that they find a discrepancy with documents around 3rd April - in that case the 14 week period will start once the discrepancy is resolved (this seems to be an extreme, and at least I haven't come across any such case on this forum; so stay positive - others may shed more light on this if anyone has an experience).

kolkata2019

Aug 19, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
delhi
Hi

Just sharing my experience for everyone on the forum.

I sent my transcripts from India (for a Master's program of 2 years from a recognized University) on 20th September.
-The transcript received update happened on 25th September
-Received an email that date of acceptance is 20th September
-Assessment was completed on 8th Jan 2020
-Paid for electronic copy but didn't receive it post the assessment completion
-Mailed and called repeatedly and finally received it on 15th Jan 2020

The Outcome: My 2 Years' Masters was evaluated a 4 Years' bachelor's program
This doesn't give me adequate points to enter the pool

So am waiting for my other evaluation to come through (bachelor's program of 3 years) - expected on 26th Feb
Combining the two, I will have a better chance making the cut.

If anybody had both degrees evaluated, please mention if the report number remains the same for both degrees.

kolkata2019

Aug 19, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
delhi
Around $450 - I got two credentials evaluated and opted for normal international delivery

Final degree and transcript/ marksheet. Both were attested by university officials

Master's Equivalency

Hope this is helpful!
Hey Amit

Was the reference number same for both the evaluations?

Jazzpanag

Star Member
Jul 7, 2019
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10 May'22
IELTS Request
L-8,R-8,S-7.5,W-7.5
Passport Req..
25th May'22
Hi

Just sharing my experience for everyone on the forum.

I sent my transcripts from India (for a Master's program of 2 years from a recognized University) on 20th September.
-The transcript received update happened on 25th September
-Received an email that date of acceptance is 20th September
-Assessment was completed on 8th Jan 2020
-Paid for electronic copy but didn't receive it post the assessment completion
-Mailed and called repeatedly and finally received it on 15th Jan 2020

The Outcome: My 2 Years' Masters was evaluated a 4 Years' bachelor's program
This doesn't give me adequate points to enter the pool

So am waiting for my other evaluation to come through (bachelor's program of 3 years) - expected on 26th Feb
Combining the two, I will have a better chance making the cut.

If anybody had both degrees evaluated, please mention if the report number remains the same for both degrees.
in which stream u did ur masters ?