+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA from University of Toronto Comparative Education Service (CES) - My Experience

Jazzpanag

Star Member
Jul 7, 2019
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10 May'22
IELTS Request
L-8,R-8,S-7.5,W-7.5
Passport Req..
25th May'22
Didn't you go for ces or ces didn't consider your Master

Dec 14, 2019
Hi All,

I have a Bachelors degree in Engineering from the US, and a Masters (MBA) in HR from India (Symbiosis International University).
I plan to get an ECA from CES soon for both my Masters and Bachelors.

I had 2 questions:
1. Should I get both degrees evaluated or only Masters ?
2. Can I get my bachelors degree & transcripts directly sent from the university in the US, and send the masters degree + transcripts myself from India ? So, CES will receive 2 packages for my application.

Any help will be really appreciated!

Thank you,
SM

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi All,

I have a Bachelors degree in Engineering from the US, and a Masters (MBA) in HR from India (Symbiosis International University).
I plan to get an ECA from CES soon for both my Masters and Bachelors.

I had 2 questions:
1. Should I get both degrees evaluated or only Masters ?
2. Can I get my bachelors degree & transcripts directly sent from the university in the US, and send the masters degree + transcripts myself from India ? So, CES will receive 2 packages for my application.

Any help will be really appreciated!

Thank you,
SM
1) To my best knowledge, CES only evaluates one degree at a time. So yes, while you can have them look at both your Bachelors and Masters, you would have to pay for two assessments instead of one.

2) CES, as probably all the other ECA organizations, only accepts your diploma and unofficial transcripts from you (and these you can scan and the upload to your application). They require official transcripts sent to them directly by the university.

kolkata2019

Aug 19, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
delhi
I submitted on 20th Sep and all docs were accepted and the 12 weeks started on 26 Sep. My 12 weeks with be 19 Dec but annoyingly, they've upped the wait time to 14 weeks. That doesn't include the 2 weeks they are closed over Xmas which is incredibly annoying!

Anyway 27 Nov I got to Step 4 'Assessment in Progress' as complete. People who I have seen write their with a complete timeline on here have their CES ECA application jump to Step 5 on the same day or no more than two days later.

I am wondering if I am still waiting a week later because I have two documents for them to review? Hoping it doesn't sit on Step 4 right up til Xmas and into the new year...
Have you heard back from them? Any update yet?

kolkata2019

Aug 19, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
delhi
Looks like we are on the same boat. I sent them an email yesterday asking about the status of my application. I'll let you know if they say anything.
Have they updated anything on your profile? At least the first two steps should have been done by now, isn't it?

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Have they updated anything on your profile? At least the first two steps should have been done by now, isn't it?
As of today, just step 2 is listed as completed. I have high hopes for this week, which is the last week before they take a 2-week break. Other people have experienced this and get steps 1 and 3-6 completed in less than 2 days, so that's what I'm hoping for.

Jazzpanag

Star Member
Jul 7, 2019
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10 May'22
IELTS Request
L-8,R-8,S-7.5,W-7.5
Passport Req..
25th May'22
Hi

Guys i have a query regarding CES acadamic record request form........

Can anyone suggest from where would i get this form....
DO i need to pay fee before to get this form ??

Any suggest would be highly appreciated

usmansharif

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
Hi

Guys i have a query regarding CES acadamic record request form........

Can anyone suggest from where would i get this form....
DO i need to pay fee before to get this form ??

Any suggest would be highly appreciated
the form is available on their website. search for it.

ja1904

Star Member
Sep 27, 2019
The CES website says they are now taking 14 weeks - does it apply to applications already submitted (only step 2 completed on 9th Oct) as well or new applications only?

Vimald2v

Star Member
Jan 12, 2016
Hi
I have query regarding my application to CES
I'm from India
I have upload my degree and marksheet.
I have sent just my transcript verified from my college and University. That's enough or do I need to include more than that?

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
The CES website says they are now taking 14 weeks - does it apply to applications already submitted (only step 2 completed on 9th Oct) as well or new applications only?
It "should" be only for new applications but they are using that as an excuse to delay earlier completed applications. I'm on that boat as well.

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi
I'm from India
I have sent just my transcript verified from my college and University. That's enough or do I need to include more than that?
They explain everything that you have to upload. You need a passport or some other specific ID as well.

Jazzpanag

Star Member
Jul 7, 2019
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10 May'22
IELTS Request
L-8,R-8,S-7.5,W-7.5
Passport Req..
25th May'22
Hi
I'm from India
Vimal can you give your mobile no. I want to talk to you, as i am going for ces

Manishprasher

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
1) To my best knowledge, CES only evaluates one degree at a time. So yes, while you can have them look at both your Bachelors and Masters, you would have to pay for two assessments instead of one.

2) CES, as probably all the other ECA organizations, only accepts your diploma and unofficial transcripts from you (and these you can scan and the upload to your application). They require official transcripts sent to them directly by the university.
Nopes, there’s a clause that states you can share transcripts yourself if the university handover the transcripts to you - but should be sealed envelope by the university!! Hope it helps

Reactions: thephdguy