+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA from University of Toronto Comparative Education Service (CES) - My Experience

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello I submitted my application for CES ECA on 22nd November. I had a question on the documents sent to CES for evaluation, unfortunately my university made a clerical error and entered an incorrect reference number ( which is just ending digit actually 5 instead of 4) while couriering the documents. They have now been received by the university as per courier company's tracking number. I have sent the university an email informing about this issue , just wanted to ask if anyone faced similar issue or knows someone who did ? Will I have to ask university to send the documents again with correct reference number? Any help appreciated please
It sounds to me like you should request them to send them again because these have not reached CES yet. This time reiterate the importance of having the reference number written down correctly.

Lipika_08

Dec 9, 2019
Hi everyone,
Please I am in a dilemma. I have an LL.B from a Nigerian University. I have already sent my transcripts to IQAS this June but the length of time IQAS takes for evaluation is a big issue to me. I am now considering sending my transcripts to CES because from the calculation I have from people's timelines here, the CES ECA will likely come before my birthday in November whereas I am not sure when IQAS will finish theirs.
My question now is has anyone with LL.B evaluated with CES before? What was the outcome of the evaluation? I would really appreciate an answer.
Thanks all.
Hey, did you send your documents to CES? If so, did they evaluate your degree as masters?

Siraj1189

Dec 11, 2019
India
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
13-10-2021
AOR Received.
09-11-2021
Med's Done....
14-01-2022
It sounds to me like you should request them to send them again because these have not reached CES yet. This time reiterate the importance of having the reference number written down correctly.
Thanks for your response actually CES has received it based on courier company's tracking id..only issue is I don't know if they will identify it correctly because of the reference number

Jazzpanag

Star Member
Jul 7, 2019
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10 May'22
IELTS Request
L-8,R-8,S-7.5,W-7.5
Passport Req..
25th May'22
Hi All.

Same situation
I have BBA-3yrs, MBA-2yrs & M Com-2 yrs from Punjabi university Patiala Punjab.
I want to get MBA assessed as a two year masters program to get a decent crs score.
Does CES consider MBA from Punjabi univ as a two year masters program?
Pls help.

WES assesed MBA as one year post graduate program.

I'm quite confused between going to IQAS and ces.

Siraj1189

Dec 11, 2019
India
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
13-10-2021
AOR Received.
09-11-2021
Med's Done....
14-01-2022
We are in same boat..no use going to iqas as they won't accept new applications before May 2020..CES is only option for now

usmansharif

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
IQAS is not taking application till May 19th 2020. i have just applied for my equivalency from CES and dispatched the documents yesterday. thing is CES charges 210$ for each credential to be assessed while WES and IQAS both charge per person instead of per credential. i was planning for IQAS as well but i cant wait till May 2020. Please note that IQAS takes about 24 weeks for assessment as well. so if youre planning to make an EE profile, dont waste any more time and go with CES. another option is ICAS but their website is usually stuck and if somehow it gets through the application, it gets stuck again at payment option and the application dosnt go any further.
CES requires lesser documents as well. if you need to have masters degree assessed, youll only have to send in masters degree and transcript whereas WES now requires all degrees from Matric up.

Jazzpanag

Star Member
Jul 7, 2019
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10 May'22
IELTS Request
L-8,R-8,S-7.5,W-7.5
Passport Req..
25th May'22
hello. i need some help and would appreciate if someone could hit back on urgent basis.
I have applied for ECA from CES. I have done MBA from Iqra University Islamabad Pakistan. i have done BBA hons before MBA as well but since CES was charging 210$ for each credential, i opted for MBA assessment only. MBA was of 48 Credit hours. now i have following questions.
1) I have made the profile on CES website and uploaded the documents as required by them ( ID card front and back and MBA degree and transcript front and back) i have completed the rest of application as well and payment has been made as well via Visa credit card. now do i need to send documents in a sealed envelope to them or will they first check the uploaded documents and check if they fulfill their requirements.
2) what documents do i need to send to CES?? i already have copy of my MBA degree and transcript verified from HEC and same have been placed in a sealed envelope by HEC carrying their date and stamp+sign. what other documents do i need to send with the package?
3) what is current assessment time of CES. As per their website, its 14 weeks but are they actually following this time frame?

I'd appreciate if someone could respond to the queries in length.
Hi usmaan

WES didn't recognise my MBA and now i want to go to CES
Queries
1.. why did you choose CES, is there any surity that CES will consider MBA as master
2. Do they only need MBA docs for assessment. How did you take this decision.

Reply would be highly appreciated

usmansharif

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
Hi usmaan

WES didn't recognise my MBA and now i want to go to CES
Queries
1.. why did you choose CES, is there any surity that CES will consider MBA as master
2. Do they only need MBA docs for assessment. How did you take this decision.

Reply would be highly appreciated
from which university did you get your MBA degree?? for my case, i did my MBA from Iqra University and WES dosnt recognize it. I contacted CES and as per them, they assess degrees from recognized institution that work under HEC. since Iqra uni is working under HEC, i think they will recognize it. However, CES dosnt assess degrees from Preston university as clearly stated on their website.
as far as your question for surety is, one can not be assured what assessment any of the institution will hand you out. WES has been handing over 01 year Diploma degree to candidates from Pakistan who had done BBA hons of 4 years and masters of 1 year. CES on the other hand has given them Master equivalency.
for your 2nd query, I asked them on email whether they only require MBA documents or they need previous documents as well. to which they responded that they only need highest degree which one needs to have assessed. but since i already had my BBA degree and transcripts, along with MBA degree and transcript attested from HEC and were in a sealed envelope. I just dispatched the envelope as it is to them. please note that CES charges 210CADs per credential assessment so if you opt for more degrees to be assessed, the charges gonna go up. i paid 312CADs in total ( for assessment+ delivery to Pakistan+ Tax) for assessment of my MBA degree alone. had i opted for BBA degree assessment as well, cost was about 500+CADs.

Reactions: thephdguy

Jazzpanag

Star Member
Jul 7, 2019
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10 May'22
IELTS Request
L-8,R-8,S-7.5,W-7.5
Passport Req..
25th May'22
from which university did you get your MBA degree?? for my case, i did my MBA from Iqra University and WES dosnt recognize it. I contacted CES and as per them, they assess degrees from recognized institution that work under HEC. since Iqra uni is working under HEC, i think they will recognize it. However, CES dosnt assess degrees from Preston university as clearly stated on their website.
as far as your question for surety is, one can not be assured what assessment any of the institution will hand you out. WES has been handing over 01 year Diploma degree to candidates from Pakistan who had done BBA hons of 4 years and masters of 1 year. CES on the other hand has given them Master equivalency.
for your 2nd query, I asked them on email whether they only require MBA documents or they need previous documents as well. to which they responded that they only need highest degree which one needs to have assessed. but since i already had my BBA degree and transcripts, along with MBA degree and transcript attested from HEC and were in a sealed envelope. I just dispatched the envelope as it is to them. please note that CES charges 210CADs per credential assessment so if you opt for more degrees to be assessed, the charges gonna go up. i paid 312CADs in total ( for assessment+ delivery to Pakistan+ Tax) for assessment of my MBA degree alone. had i opted for BBA degree assessment as well, cost was about 500+CADs.

Thanks a lot usmaan this would be of great help for me.
Appreciate the length of answer you written for better clarity...

But i have read somewhere in forum itself that they just consider master, combination of 4+2(BBA+MBA)

can you please share the mail id through which you contacted CES.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Has any submitted their ACCA qualification for appraisal by CES?

If so, what did you get as a Canadian equivalent.

harish010188

Star Member
May 29, 2017

But i have read somewhere in forum itself that they just consider master, combination of 4+2(BBA+MBA)

what is your degree?? If its 4 years degree then you'll definitely get Masters equivalency. But for 3+2 that depends on case to case basis. Before applying call CES and check if your university is in their approved list.

Jazzpanag

Star Member
Jul 7, 2019
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10 May'22
IELTS Request
L-8,R-8,S-7.5,W-7.5
Passport Req..
25th May'22
what is your degree?? If its 4 years degree then you'll definitely get Masters equivalency. But for 3+2 that depends on case to case basis. Before applying call CES and check if your university is in their approved list.
Do they reply on emails, i have raised a query for the same. Or should i call them

usmansharif

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019

I contacted them through their website. they do not have any email ID on their website. you just select Help option and there they have a form which you have to fill in to ask the question you desire.

Maik

Star Member
Oct 12, 2019
Hi all,
I have done masters in microbiology, full time from university of Madras . I did my eca through Wes . However they didn't accept masters and reviewed it as 4 years bachelor's and 1 year PG diploma . Am losing 7 points on my EE profile . Can i go through ces to evaluate . Will they accept my masters.
Kindly shed some light on this regard

Jazzpanag

Star Member
Jul 7, 2019
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10 May'22
IELTS Request
L-8,R-8,S-7.5,W-7.5
Passport Req..
25th May'22
I contacted them through their website. they do not have any email ID on their website. you just select Help option and there they have a form which you have to fill in to ask the question you desire.
thanks,

i have used the same form let's see how much time they take to reply back