+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA from University of Toronto Comparative Education Service (CES) - My Experience

intrepid86

Nov 5, 2018
Hi,

I received the unofficial PDF copy of my ECA report from CES over email yesterday. Is this enough to create an Express Entry profile or do I have to wait for the physical copies to arrive?

I know we can use the PDF in case of WES but I'm concerned about CES because the PDF clearly mentions that it is unofficial (while WES does not say anything like that)

Please advise, thanks!
What is your timeline?
You should create your express entry profile and get into the pool as your assessment status would not change.

maheshmit

Star Member
Sep 25, 2018
Hello there, Can you please tell me about the procedure?
  • Register with CES - include the list of credentials you want to get evalated
  • upload supporting documents for your credentials (Degree certificate and statement of marks) and a valid Government id
  • Pay the required fee online - note that unlike WES, CES charges $210 per credential. So if yo want to evaluate your bachelors and masters, you might have to pay $420+ taxes

You send your transcripts or your uni?
I sent the transcripts on my own. For India, CES accepts credentials sent by applicants

And how was your experience with CES?
My experience was quite smooth - CES did not ask for any additional documents nor did it send my credentials for verification. The only issue I had was the lack of regular updates. I submitted my application around Dec 15 and received my PDF copy on March 19. Until March 17 (for almost 3 months), I did not receive any status update. But since March 17, status was changed almost on a daily basis (sometimes, multiple stages at a time) and I received my ECA report in two days.

Reactions: Joy2020

Peaceful

Star Member
May 7, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
  • upload supporting documents for your credentials (Degree certificate and statement of marks) and a valid Government id
  • Pay the required fee online - note that unlike WES, CES charges $210 per credential. So if yo want to evaluate your bachelors and masters, you might have to pay $420+ taxes

I sent the transcripts on my own. For India, CES accepts credentials sent by applicants

My experience was quite smooth - CES did not ask for any additional documents nor did it send my credentials for verification. The only issue I had was the lack of regular updates. I submitted my application around Dec 15 and received my PDF copy on March 19. Until March 17 (for almost 3 months), I did not receive any status update. But since March 17, status was changed almost on a daily basis (sometimes, multiple stages at a time) and I received my ECA report in two days.
What degree did you get assessed and what university?

ihtesham88

Star Member
Jan 22, 2018
Dubai

Hi.

Could you please answer my below questions if you don't mind.

1) How much did you pay including delivery charges?

2) What documents did you submit? i.e. Just your final degree/transcript or your whole academic credentials?

3) What is your ECA report?

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,

Last edited:

brexhepi

Mar 25, 2019
So these processes take a lot of time as i see. And i was planing to submit my profile before i turn 35 which is this June haha.
Looks very unlikely even if apply for ECA today :/

maheshmit

Star Member
Sep 25, 2018
1) How much did you pay including delivery charges?
Around $450 - I got two credentials evaluated and opted for normal international delivery

2) What documents did you submit? i.e. Just your final degree/transcript or your whole academic credentials?
Final degree and transcript/ marksheet. Both were attested by university officials

3) What is your ECA report?
Master's Equivalency

Hope this is helpful!

Reactions: souvikr

PREEMA3107

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
How can we modify the order in CES and add 1 more credential to our order? I can see that WES gives the provision to modify the order but i cant see any option in CES? What can be done?

Reactions: Canadian1867

Mada

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-05-2019
AOR Received.
23-05-2019
Med's Done....
03-07-2019
Passport Req..
03-10-2019
Dear all, who applied CES UofT, can you please share your timeline experience?

Thanks
My timeline:
  • Complete 1. Initial Review In Progress - JAN 25th
  • Complete 2. Transcript(s) Received - FEB 7th
  • Not Complete 3. Initial Review Complete
  • Not Complete 4. Assessment In Progress
  • Not Complete 5. Assessment Decision Made
  • Not Complete 6. Decision Dispatched
Since feb 7th I did not receive any updates.. I sent them 3 follow-up e-mails already but every time I received the same response: “my file is in queue for review. Current processing times for Immigration is 12 weeks” :(

Reactions: Canadian1867

Canadian1867

Apr 4, 2019
My timeline:
  • Complete 1. Initial Review In Progress - JAN 25th
  • Complete 2. Transcript(s) Received - FEB 7th
  • Not Complete 3. Initial Review Complete
  • Not Complete 4. Assessment In Progress
  • Not Complete 5. Assessment Decision Made
  • Not Complete 6. Decision Dispatched
Since feb 7th I did not receive any updates.. I sent them 3 follow-up e-mails already but every time I received the same response: “my file is in queue for review. Current processing times for Immigration is 12 weeks” :(
It is too slow, and probably will not be ready within 12 weeks frame. Have you tried to make a phone call, rather than sending an email?

kluthra

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018

Hi
Please clarify once more that do you have to send the transcripts or only attested photocopies from the university?

As my university is recommending to send the transcripts to ces.

What is required by ces transcripts or only attested photocopies of degree and marksheet?

What all did you send in the envelope?
Thank you.