+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA from University of Toronto Comparative Education Service (CES) - My Experience

northern sunshine

Mar 22, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
AOR Received.
12-06-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
26-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
Can I get my ECA done from different authorities? Say Bachelors from WES and masters from IQAS or UOT? How would this be captured in the application? Thanks
I don't see why not, as long as they're both valid. You'll be given a space to upload documents for each degree that you claim and asked for a reference number for each of them, if I remember correctly.

Reactions: Aryabhatt

hsuri

Jan 20, 2019
hi guys
I just want to know if CES accepts transcripts sent by student directly??
I have read lots of posts but coundn't find the point anywhere

hsuri

Jan 20, 2019
I am so anxious now. I would check the application everyday until I found your post, it gave me a better idea of what to expect. But my application is taking longer and I'm getting so anxious.
  • Started Sep 24, 2018
  • Submitted Oct 6, 2018
Today is December 16th.
I mailed my documents on October 09, 2018 and according to the tracking number they received it on October 10, 2018.

Follow Your Application Status
  • Not Complete 1. Initial Review In Progress
  • Not Complete 2. Transcript(s) Received
  • Not Complete 3. Initial Review Complete
  • Not Complete 4. Assessment In Progress
  • Not Complete 5. Assessment Decision Made
  • Not Complete 6. Decision Dispatched
I'll keep you posted guys in case someone else runs into this post and can have another experience review.
I went for UoT because of the same reasons, it's prestige, but I am kind of regretting it now.
Can you please update on the latest status as I was thinking of going with CES as IQAS seems to be very slow.

Bhagyalakshmi

Jan 15, 2019
Hi All,

Has anyone from India got their ECA done from Comparative Education Service: University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies. If so, how was the experience?

patnaik2008

Feb 8, 2019
India
hi guys
Probably the most sought after question now as WES has made it mandatory for transcripts to be sent directly from the university/institution only. If anyone has the answer please do reply here

im_rrk

Feb 11, 2019
I am using CES for my education evaluation. Sent my transcripts via Canada Post twice with tracking.

First time on Dec18 and it never delivered since Dec19 status is out for delivery on Canada post from last 2+ months, apparently Canada post lost my transcript.
2nd time I sent with Express post still status out for delivery.

(I am sending it from Brampton area)

Not sure if there an issue with the address I am using, Shat address you have used to sent the transcript, I am using:
Comparative Education Service
University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies
c/o Research Department
158 St. George Street,
Toronto, ON M5S 2V8
Canada

Please confirm.

Canadapr12

Jan 26, 2019
I am using CES for my education evaluation. Sent my transcripts via Canada Post twice with tracking.

First time on Dec18 and it never delivered since Dec19 status is out for delivery on Canada post from last 2+ months, apparently Canada post lost my transcript.
2nd time I sent with Express post still status out for delivery.

(I am sending it from Brampton area)

Not sure if there an issue with the address I am using, Shat address you have used to sent the transcript, I am using:
Comparative Education Service
University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies
c/o Research Department
158 St. George Street,
Toronto, ON M5S 2V8
Canada

Please confirm.
I used the same address to mail my transcripts and the status shows received and signed by Aaron. You have the correct address.

abipats86

Feb 24, 2019
For a Masters degree evaluation, do I need to send both Bachelors and Masters documents or just the Masters documents would do?

Srini1983

Jan 14, 2019
hi guys
Hi, just want to follow up on this ? i am planning to send transcripts from canada ? is that ok ?

maheshmit

Star Member
Sep 25, 2018
Hi,

I received the unofficial PDF copy of my ECA report from CES over email yesterday. Is this enough to create an Express Entry profile or do I have to wait for the physical copies to arrive?

I know we can use the PDF in case of WES but I'm concerned about CES because the PDF clearly mentions that it is unofficial (while WES does not say anything like that)

Please advise, thanks!

carlosbaldojr

Oct 3, 2018
Hey guys, I have applied for the Eca report with Iqas in oct 2018, and they still haven't started assessing. As I'm in a hurry, I'm planning to apply with CES as well and then cancel with Iqas. The problem is, Iqas has been considering Bechelor degrees in Law as "professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession". Does anyone here know whether CES assesses Law the same as Iqas? Thank you all.