+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA from University of Toronto Comparative Education Service (CES) - My Experience

mumbai2edison

Mar 31, 2019
All the best mate!!
Any idea if they recognize masters from India as wes is giving 2 years masters from amity as 1 year pg diploma equivalency??
Not very sure. One of my friend's had BSc (3 years) + MSc (2 years) and he was assessed by CES as 4 years bachelors.
I guess they need 4 + 2 for Masters.

ammad88

Apr 16, 2019
Applicants from Dubai, UAE choosing the University of Toronto CES for ECA:

Those who opt for the 'Standard International Mail' option ($10), please be aware to inform the CES department to write EITHER your CONTACT NUMBER or P.O.Box (If you have one) on the label before dispatching your document. Failure to do so will have consequences. You will never receive your document and will be shipped back to the sender. In addition to that, you will lose a whole month (even more) till the CES resends you your document with your contact number or P.O.BOX mentioned on the delivery label.

Cheers.

Reactions: Yetty619

ryeCatcher

Apr 21, 2019
anyone know how CES evaluates US masters that was finished in 18 months?
I have a MS here in the US, but finished in 3 semesters, ~63 credits. Should I include by Indian 4 year undergrad degree also for evaluation in this case?

ninja4050

Apr 21, 2019
  • Register with CES - include the list of credentials you want to get evalated
  • upload supporting documents for your credentials (Degree certificate and statement of marks) and a valid Government id
  • Pay the required fee online - note that unlike WES, CES charges $210 per credential. So if yo want to evaluate your bachelors and masters, you might have to pay $420+ taxes

I sent the transcripts on my own. For India, CES accepts credentials sent by applicants

My experience was quite smooth - CES did not ask for any additional documents nor did it send my credentials for verification. The only issue I had was the lack of regular updates. I submitted my application around Dec 15 and received my PDF copy on March 19. Until March 17 (for almost 3 months), I did not receive any status update. But since March 17, status was changed almost on a daily basis (sometimes, multiple stages at a time) and I received my ECA report in two days.

Hi Mahesh,
I'm in a situation similar to yours. Pls send me your number. So that I can get few doubts clarified.

Thanks.

ninja4050

Apr 21, 2019
Hi All.

I have bachelor of engg from anna univ and MBA from Madras univ.
I want to get MBA assessed as a two year masters program to get a decent crs score.
Does CES consider MBA from Madras univ as a two year masters program?
Pls help.

I'm quite confused between going to IQAS and ces.

ryeCatcher

Apr 21, 2019
Does anyone know how long does CES take currently after the status has changed to "Initial Review Complete" .. ?

ammad88

Apr 16, 2019
Does anyone know how long does CES take currently after the status has changed to "Initial Review Complete" .. ?
The CES takes 12 weeks from the date your documents were received by them to issue your ECA report. Do not worry about the status changes as they change randomly.

Ask them at which date did they receive your documents and wait for 12 weeks from that day onwards.

ryeCatcher

Apr 21, 2019
The CES takes 12 weeks from the date your documents were received by them to issue your ECA report. Do not worry about the status changes as they change randomly.

Ask them at which date did they receive your documents and wait for 12 weeks from that day onwards.
I see thank you, I was getting my hopes up. They date they received my documents is April 16th :( , 12 weeks from that would put me very close to my birthday and a loss of 5 points.

NishaKirthi

Feb 1, 2019
Hi All.

I have bachelor of engg from anna univ and MBA from Madras univ.
I want to get MBA assessed as a two year masters program to get a decent crs score.
Does CES consider MBA from Madras univ as a two year masters program?
Pls help.

I'm quite confused between going to IQAS and ces.
Hi, am in the same situation. have masters from madras university and want to go with revaluation with CES/IQAS. Let me know if you have any further information regarding this

ninja4050

Apr 21, 2019
Hi, am in the same situation. have masters from madras university and want to go with revaluation with CES/IQAS. Let me know if you have any further information regarding this
Hi,
I heard from one of my friends that MBA from univ of madras is considered as masters by CES and IQAS. But comparatively, IQAS takes a longer time.
I've applied for ECA at CES and mailed the transcripts from Univ today.

Reactions: Faisal667