+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA from University of Toronto Comparative Education Service (CES) - My Experience

maheshmit

Star Member
Sep 25, 2018
So , i should just request duplicate copy of degree & marksheet for both B.com & MBA stamped & sealed in an envelope . Am i coorect?
Also , should i get both the Documents Marksheet in one envelope or Separately .

Thanks In advance.
You will have two sets of sealed envelopes - one for B.com and one for MBA. Apply for transcripts - the university officials would be familiar with all this.

Hensy

Star Member
Mar 4, 2019
I need help here if anyone can help out.

I applied at UFT for ECA Credential for my husband masters and bachlor degree evaluation from so many peoples opinion. However I called college and they said they only accept WES evaluation. I am not understanding the difference between this. I though UFT is high-end evaluation then why college only accepting WES and ICAS evaluation to get admission.???

Anyone been through this same process?

Engineer43

May 9, 2019
received my results in exact 12 weeks, good service, they asked some additional information which i gave straight away,

My degree assessed were BSc and MSc

vjammy

Jul 10, 2019
Received my assessment today, exactly 3 months after the transcript was received by U Toronto CES.

Apr 1, 2019: Application started
Apr 1, 2019: Application submitted
Apr 11, 2019: Transcript received
1. Initial Review In Progress
2. Transcript(s) Received
3. Initial Review Complete
4. Assessment in Progress
July 10, 2019: 5. Assessment Decision Made - digital copy emailed to me; physical copy will be sent shortly ("6. Decision dispatched").

Degree - Msc in Applied Finance
University- Singapore Management University
Part time, 1.5 years.

Assessment Outcome - Masters degree from a recognized university.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yetty619

vjammy

Jul 10, 2019
Hi folks,
I was wondering about how many days it takes to complete the initial review?
My timeline is below.

Account Creation: 29-03-2019
Account Submission + Fee Payment: 22-04-2019
Docs Delivered: 23-04-2019
Acknowledgement from CES: 04-05-2019
Initial Review in Progress since: 04-05-2019

It's been 35 days and Initial review is still in progress.
Any idea how much time it will take from this stage?

Thanks in Advance.
It should take exactly 3 months for your decision to come after the transcripts are received by U Toronto CES.

Shaniqua

Jul 5, 2019
Hi, everyone i know is using either IQAS or WES. I seem to be the only one using CES. Do you recommend i go ahead? I don't want to regret my actions.

Engineer43

May 9, 2019
CES they will take exactly 12 weeks but they are good, responsive

I heard WES have not accepted degrees in past for the correct length of years

All the best

Josh121

Jun 3, 2018
What do you mean please elaborate clearly,
CES is asking for student copy of transcript , checking their site I notice it was not star with red , I want to know if it compulsory to send student copy of transcript

Last edited:

Engineer43

May 9, 2019
CES is asking for student copy of transcript , checking their site I notice it was not star with red , I want to know if it compulsory to send student copy of transcript
The information required varies as per the country you compleed your degree from.

Based on degrees completed from Europe and South Asia you will need to upload your degree and transcript on your profil.

Hope this helps,

arunsingh

Jun 24, 2019
Hey guys, I have applied for the Eca report with Iqas in oct 2018, and they still haven't started assessing. As I'm in a hurry, I'm planning to apply with CES as well and then cancel with Iqas. The problem is, Iqas has been considering Bechelor degrees in Law as "professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession". Does anyone here know whether CES assesses Law the same as Iqas? Thank you all.
Bro what equilancy did you get for you law degree from CES?

ll0011

Jul 17, 2019
How long does it take for CES to change application status? They've received my transcripts a week ago but "Transcript(s) Received" is still Incomplete. There was a delay in payment because of my bank, so they received transcripts July 10 and payment was done July 12. Could that be a problem?
Maybe i missed something but I didn't find any info about the duration of evaluation process on CES official site. Do they have any deadlines?

Abhi1982

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
How long does it take for CES to change application status? They've received my transcripts a week ago but "Transcript(s) Received" is still Incomplete. There was a delay in payment because of my bank, so they received transcripts July 10 and payment was done July 12. Could that be a problem?
Maybe i missed something but I didn't find any info about the duration of evaluation process on CES official site. Do they have any deadlines?
CES completes processing in an average of 12 weeks (given that all documents are received, there are no more open concerns or queries at their end, and payments were made). The time is average and can increase or decrease based on when your transcripts were received by them. More so, there have been many instances where processing completed in 5-6 weeks time and in some cases it went upto 14 weeks as well. So just try to be accurate with your steps and then all you can do is wait. The average times are reflected on the CES site if you read through steps 1 to 6.
Go to their site, click Apply as a New Applicant and then go to step 6 screen.

As far as changes to status are concerned, Ive just observed through some known applicants, it took a while. They do not do changes rapidly. May be someone logs in on a certain day and updates statuses for a bunch of applications from recent past together. Not sure

Last edited: