+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA from University of Toronto (CES)

safatio

Nov 23, 2020
Does anyone know how long it takes from when your documents have been authenticated to receiving the ECA Report? Should it be another 2/3 weeks or longer? Any help would be great - Thank you
For me, it took roughly 3 weeks to get my ECA after the authentication of docs.

wasi1972

Jan 29, 2018
Hi. I also submitted my documents through email and it took 4.5 months to get my ECA. You can find approximate timelines here : https://learn.utoronto.ca/comparative-education-service-apply-now/ces-covid-19-updates

I'm not sure I understand your question right but do you hope to get a visa before October? I think It will be very difficult cause the journey is still long after ECA
I sent my MBA degree for CES assessment. Regarding duration of the course (which could be described either in years or credit hours) I mentioned the credit hours which is sixty. My course was of two years also but I couldn't mention it as there was no option or space for that. Will this have any impact to get a master degree equivalency?

wasi1972

Jan 29, 2018
does your application still in process...……………..or decision made been done.
I sent my MBA degree for CES assessment. Regarding duration of the course (which could be described either in years or credit hours) I mentioned the credit hours which is sixty. My course was of two years also but I couldn't mention it as there was no option or space for that. Will this have any impact to get a master degree equivalency?

js555

May 1, 2021
Does your degree have the duration mentioned on it? Then there is no problem. Also, CES examines the course details, duration, etc on its own.
You can write to their support and clarify.

Last edited:

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
One of my friend rec'd a message from CES: [Does anyone know what this means ? What is in-scope mean ?]

This message is to confirm that the following credential(s) submitted for assessment are in-scope, and we can proceed with your application:

Credential : BACHELOR OF HOTEL MANAGEMENT

Please note that your application is currently under review.

Harvey2014

Apr 7, 2021
It means that they are assessing the degree based on the "Bachelor of Hotel Management" and they are moving to the authentication stage. You don't have to action anything. In Scope just means it's a degree and they will now begin to check that it's real. Nothing to worry about

Reactions: terki

wasi1972

Jan 29, 2018
in process

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
It means that they are assessing the degree based on the "Bachelor of Hotel Management" and they are moving to the authentication stage. You don't have to action anything. In Scope just means it's a degree and they will now begin to check that it's real. Nothing to worry about
amazing, cheers -

Ann_J

Jun 9, 2021
Hi Guys, Need help in understanding the outcome of my ECA. After waiting for 7 months, here is the outcome mentioned by CES:
Outcome 1: Four Year Bachelor's Degree from a recognized university
Outcome 2: Postgraduate Diploma from a recognized university

I only submitted the transcript for MBA from Mumbai University. I am confused with these 2 outcomes. Can someone help me in understanding the real outcome and what will be considered for point calculation in Express Entry?
Hey I have a similar situation. What did you finally select while calculating CRS? Did you select two or more diploma, certificate etc?

Gs_28

Jun 22, 2021
Please can someone confirm if CES provides Masters equivalency to Masters in Management Studies degree from Mumbai University. Or if IQAS does instead.