+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA from University of Toronto (CES)

Great God

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
After receiving acceptance mail how long it will take to complete the evaluation? Anyone please help waiting from December:(
You may need to mail them repeatedly now that they have access to their office and files. December applicants should be among the priority files.

Reactions: Sayla

vipin109v

Jan 12, 2020
Hello All,
I got the report from CES. My details and timeline below:

University - Anna University
Place - Chennai
Degree Studied - MBA (Technology Management)
Nature - Part Time/Distance Education
Length - 2 Years

Timeline:
Transcripts Reached CES office - Dec 11, 2019
Date Document uploaded in their system - Jan 25
First two steps done - March 21
Third step - July 26
Final Stop - July 30
ECA report - July 31

ECA - Masters Equivalency from a recognized University

No one explained to me if CES would equate a Masters's degree in India as Masters in Canada but I got Masters equivalency.

At the same time, a friend of mine who completed a "Master of management studies" from Mumbai University, was awarded "bachelor's equivalency".
One thing is for sure. If your certificate reads MBA and if your University/Institution is under UGC, go with CES. Else do not go. MCAs, MAs, MSCs, and others (Except MBA) are advised not to go with CES.

Hope this helps people

Cheers
Ajay
How long does it take to get email from Docusign?

DeeIndian

Mar 6, 2020
I am also not 100% sure whether CES will give 2-3 years distance education as Masters. I have submitted my application, Let's see how it goes, it will take 5- 6 months from now.
Thanks buddy let me know if you have any other good college in knowledge which can help with extra points

Aug 14, 2020
Hi Sidak; there are good chances that CES will assess it as professional degree. I have also applied from CES for my BA LLb , the result is still awaited.
Finally someone who's using CES to get their Indian LL.B. assessed. Dude, please let us know ASAP about your assessment results. Trust me, countless LL.B. holders wanna choose CES over IQAS because of the long wait time, but no one seems to find any affirmative information as to the result of the equivalency assessment. Let us know bro. Thanks.

Aug 14, 2020
Hi, my advice is that if you're considering to evaluate through CES, do not undergo same. I had my wife's LLB degree evaluated by CES and the report was given as Four Years Bachelor's Degree. I have emailed them explaining to them that a law degree is considered as a professional degree even on the CIC website and i am yet to receive a response from them.

The reason why i went with CES evaluation was because i met an individual from Brazil who evaluated his law degree with CES and same was evaluated as a professional degree required to practice in a license profession. I was hoping that this would also be the case, but it turned out worse. It appears that this agencies have biased report for certain countries, because how can a degree from Brazil for law and that from Nigeria for law be classified differently.

It appears you dropped this message since January, so i hope you've not started the process yet. All the best.
Hey! Have you received a response as of now or is it still awaited, do let us know ASAP. Thanks.

tausif_asif

Star Member
Nov 7, 2018
I am from Pakistan and have below qualification:
1. B.com -2 years
2. MBA -2 years
3. Mphil -2 years

What equivalency can CES issue? Do they need BW photocopies or coloured photocopies attested?

Sferr

Jul 28, 2020
From August 2019 they dont send you electronic copies of the assessment. You have to wait for the hard copy to come by mail, or else you should have chosen the electronic copy option by paying additional 30$ when you sent your application.
Hi Where is the option to get the result online?

Sharot

Dec 22, 2019
Hi,

My brother has done his MBA from UBS Ludhiana (Punjab University).

Can you suggest he should go for IQAS or CES for ECA?Which one will give him Masters and that too little fast..

I have read that CES is accepting electronic transcripts from Universities and is taking 3-4 weeks for result! But I dont have any insight about IQAS timelines..
Please advise as it seems you know about these better..
Thanks!

Karanjuyal

Oct 1, 2019
Dear all,

New updates from CES :) see below my updated timeline:
  • Complete 1. Initial Review In Progress - JAN 25th
  • Complete 2. Transcript(s) Received - FEB 7th
  • Complete 3. Initial Review Complete - APRIL 23rd
  • Complete 4. Assessment In Progress - APRIL 26th
  • Complete 5. Assessment Decision Made - APRIL 26th
  • Not Complete 6. Decision Dispatched
How come initial review date is after transcript received date? Because after receiving transcript someone will review it?

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
My transcripts were received on March 6th. Initial review never started. Still waiting for the process to start.

tausif_asif

Star Member
Nov 7, 2018
I am from Pakistan and have below qualification:
1. B.com -2 years
2. MBA -2 years
3. Mphil -2 years

What equivalency can CES issue? Do they need BW photocopies or coloured photocopies attested?

Joy2020

Sep 6, 2020
Hello All,
I got the report from CES. My details and timeline below:

University - Anna University
Place - Chennai
Degree Studied - MBA (Technology Management)
Nature - Part Time/Distance Education
Length - 2 Years

Timeline:
Transcripts Reached CES office - Dec 11, 2019
Date Document uploaded in their system - Jan 25
First two steps done - March 21
Third step - July 26
Final Stop - July 30
ECA report - July 31

ECA - Masters Equivalency from a recognized University

No one explained to me if CES would equate a Masters's degree in India as Masters in Canada but I got Masters equivalency.

At the same time, a friend of mine who completed a "Master of management studies" from Mumbai University, was awarded "bachelor's equivalency".
One thing is for sure. If your certificate reads MBA and if your University/Institution is under UGC, go with CES. Else do not go. MCAs, MAs, MSCs, and others (Except MBA) are advised not to go with CES.

Hope this helps people

Cheers
Ajay
Hi Ajay.. Would Anna univ send transcripts to CES by official email? I completed BE from Anna univ

Thanks

tausif_asif

Star Member
Nov 7, 2018
If I send my 2 degrees for ECA to CES and once the report is completed, do they provide the facility to add an additional degree to the previous report? or the whole process has to be started to scratch?

please advise