22-05-2019
AOR Received.
23-05-2019
Med's Done....
03-07-2019
Passport Req..
03-10-2019
I emailed CES about this last week, and I just received a reply:

Please be advised that the processing time starts from the date when your application is accepted by our office. According to our system, your file is still in queue for review.

Before we start the assessment process, our team checks if your application and all required documents are acceptable. The date that we determine your documents are acceptable for assessment becomes the official acceptance date of your application. The estimated processing times are based upon this start date.

Our system shows the document(s) pertaining to your program completed at XXXXX was received on February 6, 2019 Upon review, if there is not any issue with your application, you will receive a notification regarding your application accepted date, which would be February 6, 2019. The twelve-week processing time would start from this date. If there is any issue with your application, you will be notified by email and the accepted date will change accordingly.

I hope this explanation helps you better understand how the processing time works.​

So it looks like we're all going to get the ECA before the first week of May.
Very useful, thank you!! :)

Abhinav_28

Jan 20, 2019
I think CES consider as Start Date the date when they've confirmed the receipt (this is my understanding from the reply I got from them).
sure, we will keep you posted! :)
Hi ! Did you send the documents including the attested transcripts directly to CES.

Thanks in advance

mayjuly

Star Member
Apr 11, 2019
Hi ! Did you send the documents including the attested transcripts directly to CES.

Thanks in advance
I sent the attested transcripts to CES through DHL (I didn't have my university send them directly to CES because this was bound to incur delays) and uploaded PDFs of the other documents on their website. This is what CES requires for my home country, but it might differ for you, of course!

Reactions: Khushwants

Mada

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-05-2019
AOR Received.
23-05-2019
Med's Done....
03-07-2019
Passport Req..
03-10-2019

Thanks in advance
Hi!

First step was to upload color copies of my degrees/transcripts in my profile. Meanwhile, I reached out directly to my universities to provide certified copies of my transcripts in a sealed envelope (signed and stamp by them). Then my mom took the envelopes and sent them in Canada to me by DHL courier and going forward I sent them to CES by UPS (without opening the sealed envelopes). In my case (Romania), the universities couldn’t send the envelopes directly to CES, however, as per the country requirements I was allowed to provide them directly to CES as long as the transcripts were provided directly to me in a sealed envelope.

You can check the requirements applicable for your country, just to be sure if you can do the same or not. J

Srini1983

Jan 14, 2019
I got the Ack email stating CES received the transcripts on April 2, i think i should wait until July 1st week(too long) to get ECA. i am eagerly waiting for the update so that i can file PR as soon as i receive ECA.I am not sure why CES is talking long time than WES.

Mada

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-05-2019
AOR Received.
23-05-2019
Med's Done....
03-07-2019
Passport Req..
03-10-2019
I got the Ack email stating CES received the transcripts on April 2, i think i should wait until July 1st week(too long) to get ECA. i am eagerly waiting for the update so that i can file PR as soon as i receive ECA.I am not sure why CES is talking long time than WES.
Hey, in my case the transcripts were received since Feb 5th and I still haven't heard back, however I should receive updates in the first week of May. This is the standard timeframe for CES according to their website (12 weeks). I'm not familiar with WES timeframes, but if they are shorter, why haven't you choose them for your ECA?

mayjuly

Star Member
Apr 11, 2019
I just received this email from CES and the initial review seems to be complete:

Your application is accepted as of 2019-02-06 and is currently in queue for assessment. The estimated processing time is based upon this acceptance date. Should there be any concern regarding your file, you will be notified via email.​

youngman

Mar 4, 2019
Hey, in my case the transcripts were received since Feb 5th and I still haven't heard back, however I should receive updates in the first week of May. This is the standard timeframe for CES according to their website (12 weeks). I'm not familiar with WES timeframes, but if they are shorter, why haven't you choose them for your ECA?
Based on mayjuly's comment (last one in this thread) it appears that the processing time initiates after "Initial Review Completed" is done by CES. almost all of us have not received any updates since they received the transcripts, the processing time hasn't even begun! if that's the case, our overall evaluation may surpass 5/6 months? Please prove me wrong!! :(

Edit: If the acceptance date is of Feb and acknowledgement is received in April (as per mayjuly's case), then we should be good. Hoping I'm right!

mayjuly

Star Member
Apr 11, 2019
Based on mayjuly's comment (last one in this thread) it appears that the processing time initiates after "Initial Review Completed" is done by CES. almost all of us have not received any updates since they received the transcripts, the processing time hasn't even begun! if that's the case, our overall evaluation may surpass 5/6 months? Please prove me wrong!! :(

Edit: If the acceptance date is of Feb and acknowledgement is received in April (as per mayjuly's case), then we should be good. Hoping I'm right!
This is incorrect, the processing time initiates on the day they receive your transcripts, but this is confirmed only after the "Initial Review Completed" stage is reached.

Reactions: youngman

Bloum

Star Member
Apr 11, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
I finally had an update today, 10 weeks after my transcripts were received.
The initial review is now complete! Hopefully, the other status should be checked too soon now.

My CES profile:
  • Complete 1. Initial Review In Progress - JAN 20th
  • Complete 2. Transcript(s) Received - FEB 7th
  • Not Complete 3. Initial Review Complete - APR 22th
  • Not Complete 4. Assessment In Progress
  • Not Complete 5. Assessment Decision Made
  • Not Complete 6. Decision Dispatched

Reactions: mayjuly

Mada

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-05-2019
AOR Received.
23-05-2019
Med's Done....
03-07-2019
Passport Req..
03-10-2019
Dear all,

Just to let you know that today I received an update on my CES application: “initial review” was marked as completed today. I also received an e-mail from School of Continuing Studies telling me that “Your application is accepted as of 2019-02-05 and is currently in queue for assessment. The estimated processing time is based upon this acceptance date.”

Below my updated timeline:
  • Complete 1. Initial Review In Progress - JAN 25th
  • Complete 3. Initial Review Complete - APRIL 23rd

Reactions: Bloum

youngman

Mar 4, 2019
Dear all,

Just to let you know that today I received an update on my CES application: “initial review” was marked as completed today. I also received an e-mail from School of Continuing Studies telling me that “Your application is accepted as of 2019-02-05 and is currently in queue for assessment. The estimated processing time is based upon this acceptance date.”

Thank you for updating us Mada. It appears that they're taking about 10 weeks to complete initial review. Hope they live up to their words and dispatch the decision after 2 weeks. :)

Bloum

Star Member
Apr 11, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Dear all,

Thank you for the update! I am glad that things are moving for everyone. I wanted to add also what they wrote in the email:

Your application is accepted as of 2019-01-31 and is currently in queue for assessment. The estimated processing time is based upon this acceptance date. Should there be any concern regarding your file, you will be notified via email.
So now they made it really clear what the start date is. This is way more obvious than what is on their website.

Also my status was once again updated today :D

• Complete 1. Initial Review In Progress - JAN 20th
  • Complete 3. Initial Review Complete - APRIL 22nd
  • Complete 4. Assessment In Progress - APRIL 23rd
I expect to receive the decision before the end of next week now :)

Reactions: youngman and Mada

Mada

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-05-2019
AOR Received.
23-05-2019
Med's Done....
03-07-2019
Passport Req..
03-10-2019
Dear all,

New updates from CES :) see below my updated timeline:
  • Complete 4. Assessment In Progress - APRIL 26th
  • Complete 5. Assessment Decision Made - APRIL 26th

Reactions: youngman and Bloum

Bloum

Star Member
Apr 11, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Dear all,

New updates from CES :) see below my updated timeline:
  • Complete 4. Assessment In Progress - APRIL 26th
  • Complete 5. Assessment Decision Made - APRIL 26th
Amazing ! The last steps went fast for you and hopefully you will receive the assessment soon (at least the one by email !). I really can't wait for mine, I want to be over with all this CES thing ! ahah

Reactions: Mada