NOC Code......
4011 & 4012
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-05-2017
AOR Received.
07-05-2017
I feel the same. the agent I spoke to gave me an impression like I should not bother them and waste their time until 6 month passed. I felt disappointed after waiting nearly for an hour only to be disconnected within 5 mins. So I have not attempted since then.
Agents in these days are not friendly.

my_yute

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Hello,

May I ask how you determine it is IP2 when the status shows "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." ?
I thought this message applies to both IP1 and IP2 so you cannot really tell which status you are currently under, unless you have seen "N/A" between the two phases.

For me, I've never seen N/A ever since my status had changed to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." on April 12 therefore I believe I'm still at IP1.
And as far as I know, my status never had this message: "Next step is to conduct background check" which some people claim as "IP1".
I would like to think I am at IP2 but I probably am not. : (
Hey Layla1234, it's not a rule by IRCC about IP1 or IP2. It's the forum members who refer to the first time there's movement on BGC as IP1. There you will see "We are processing your background check" or "Next step is to conduct background check" usually if you submit RCMP record upfront. But it also depends on how the IRCC officers are updating your file. Some members state that they receive PPR without their BG ever changing from NA or changing again after BG went to IP1. Technically speaking, BG changes 3 times before PPR.
The BG process is NA ->IP1 ->NA->IP2 then PPR. If you use the search feature on this forum for BG check you will find numerous posts that explains this.
However, from what I know:
BG at start is NA
BG changes to IP1 - after medicals pass and/or when R10 check is being conducted.
BG changes back to NA - when your file is transferred from Support Analyst to Case Analyst
BG changes for the last time to "We are processing" (IP2) - when the Visa Officer is doing final checks to approve your application.

After these stages are completed then PPR will follow. This trend is not the same for all applicants, ordering GCMS notes are the best way to tell what's happening with your file. I hope this helps. Cheers!!!

Last edited:

doge

Mar 29, 2017
Visa Office......
Ottawa CPC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-03-2017
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
Med's Done....
19-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2017
LANDED..........
09-08-2017
Hello,

May I ask how you determine it is IP2 when the status shows "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." ?
I thought this message applies to both IP1 and IP2 so you cannot really tell which status you are currently under, unless you have seen "N/A" between the two phases.

For me, I've never seen N/A ever since my status had changed to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." on April 12 therefore I believe I'm still at IP1.
And as far as I know, my status never had this message: "Next step is to conduct background check" which some people claim as "IP1".
I would like to think I am at IP2 but I probably am not. : (
First, NBG is the same as IP1.
If you submitted upfront RCMP, your IP1 will show as "Next step is to conduct background check"
If you did not submit upfront RCMP it's hard to determine whether you are under IP1 or IP2...unless you keep an eye on it every day or order GCMS notes.

vonyx

Apr 3, 2017
Hi everyone,

CEC inland
AOR on March 29th
Medical passed on May 19th
BG at NA since May 19th

What is next for me? I received my BOWP last month, so at least there's that but it's been over 80 days since I submitted everything. Feeling anxious about it!

Good luck to everyone!

Edit: Realized that maybe BOWP timeline would be useful to someone:

Applied BOWP: March 29
Approval Letter: May 19th
Arrived at my apartment: May 29th

Last edited:

Layla1234

Jan 23, 2014
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
Nobody could determine since you don't know about your na. Ip2 usually comes after eligibility is cleared. Order gcms notes to check your eligibility status.
Hey Layla1234, it's not a rule by IRCC about IP1 or IP2. It's the forum members who refer to the first time there's movement on BGC as IP1. There you will see "We are processing your background check" or "Next step is to conduct background check" usually if you submit RCMP record upfront. But it also depends on how the IRCC officers are updating your file. Some members state that they receive PPR without their BG ever changing from NA or changing again after BG went to IP1. Technically speaking, BG changes 3 times before PPR.
The BG process is NA ->IP1 ->NA->IP2 then PPR. If you use the search feature on this forum for BG check you will find numerous posts that explains this.
However, from what I know:
BG at start is NA
BG changes to IP1 - after medicals pass and/or when R10 check is being conducted.
BG changes back to NA - when your file is transferred from Support Analyst to Case Analyst
BG changes for the last time to "We are processing" (IP2) - when the Visa Officer is doing final checks to approve your application.

After these stages are completed then PPR will follow. This trend is not the same for all applicants, ordering GCMS notes are the best way to tell what's happening with your file. I hope this helps. Cheers!!!
First, NBG is the same as IP1.
If you submitted upfront RCMP, your IP1 will show as "Next step is to conduct background check"
If you did not submit upfront RCMP it's hard to determine whether you are under IP1 or IP2...unless you keep an eye on it every day or order GCMS notes.
I really appreciate all of you for kind attention and replies to my question.

I only submitted FBI and my home country's criminal record and did not submit RCMP report up-front. Even though I didn't check my account every day, I know there was no update made by CIC after medical.
When they make an update, main page would show "updated" instead of "read" when you are logged in to your account for the first time after the update. But I haven't seen it. Only one time when my medical was passed, I saw it on my main page. So I am almost certain I never had a moment when my status had "N/A".

As all of you suggested, I will probably order "GCMS note" to see what is going on.

Speaking of GCMS, does any of you know if I can order the note for the old application? Not only the current PR application.

thank you.
Layla

CindyL

May 2, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I have been a silent follower on this forum and thanks everyone for your posts and help.
Today I received my PPR, details as below
CEC
AOR March 18
Medical passed and NBG on April 7
IP on May 26, it has never gone to N/A, just directly from NBG to IP
PPR June 19

Thanks everyone again and hope you all receive PPR soon.

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
Hello Everyone,

I have been a silent follower on this forum and thanks everyone for your posts and help.
Today I received my PPR, details as below
CEC
AOR March 18
Medical passed and NBG on April 7
IP on May 26, it has never gone to N/A, just directly from NBG to IP
PPR June 19

Thanks everyone again and hope you all receive PPR soon.
Congrats :)

8gorkha

Jun 19, 2017
Hi All - Finally!!!! received my PPR today, around 5pm ET. My time lines below.

Aor: 19 March
Medicals Passed: April 6
BG: 'we are processing your BG check (from April6). dont remember what was the status before medicals passed.
Stream : CEC inland
No Additional documents requested.

NOTE: I did send an email to CPC-O checking my status today morning. As many observed in this forum, may be a co-incidence, my ppr email was in inbox within 5 hours !!!!

Thanks a lot every one who shares tons of information in this forum.

Regards

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016

BG: 'we are processing your BG check (from April6). dont remember what was the status before medicals passed.

NOTE: I did send an email to CPC-O checking my status today morning. As many observed in this forum, may be a co-incidence, my ppr email was in inbox within 5 hours !!!!

Regards
Congratulations :)

Reactions: 8gorkha

Sr7

Jun 2, 2017
Hi,

Can you please tell me your timeline for BOWP. Thanks.

Hi everyone,

CEC inland
AOR on March 29th
BG at NA since May 19th

What is next for me? I received my BOWP last week, so at least there's that but it's been over 80 days since I submitted everything. Feeling anxious about it!

Good luck to everyone!

happy123_2017

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
Hi everyone,

CEC inland
AOR on March 29th
BG at NA since May 19th

What is next for me? I received my BOWP last week, so at least there's that but it's been over 80 days since I submitted everything. Feeling anxious about it!

Good luck to everyone!
I have a feeling that you'll receive PPR soon.
It took me over 70 days to get my BOWP approved and I got my PPR a week after that.
Given your BG status, I think you'll see IP2 really soon. All the best! :)

Reactions: vonyx

vonyx

Apr 3, 2017
Hi,

Can you please tell me your timeline for BOWP. Thanks.
Hi!

I applied for BOWP right after I got my AOR on March 29th, and got my approval letter on May 19th. BOWP followed, and it arrived at my apartment about 10 days later.

Best of luck!

Edit: now that I look at my original post, I realized my timeline was a bit off - I can't believe it's almost been a month since I received BOWP!

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017

Regards
Congrats mate!!!