+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"DUBAI APPLICANTS" **Let's Network & Get Connected**

Brieanna

Star Member
Jun 12, 2013
Demand Draft:
Greetings Dubai Applicants, need your assistance, I got to know that Demand Draft to Canada has been cancelled? We are not able to do Demnd Draft to Canada, is there any ways to send our funds without carrying cash? Is there any other options aside from Bank/Demand Draft?
Thanks!

engrted

Aug 19, 2015
Brieanna said:
Demand Draft:
Greetings Dubai Applicants, need your assistance, I got to know that Demand Draft to Canada has been cancelled? We are not able to do Demnd Draft to Canada, is there any ways to send our funds without carrying cash? Is there any other options aside from Bank/Demand Draft?
Thanks!
Use travel card , use your debit card, use internet banking (except you want to close your account in UAE before leaving), use a trusted friend :p to send your cash for you when you arrive, or send to your trusted friends/relative account in canada or send western union to yourself......i can go on and on

mianchd

Star Member
Jun 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
luniqa said:
Hello it's me!

So i went through my interview a couple of days ago in Abu Dhabi.
To shed light to others, the interview is basically for them (Canada embassy) to verify the compatibility of the chosen NOC against my work experience.. the key is just to be confident (and not overdoing it) and be truthful!

Only that! I am now awaiting for the email they told me for the next steps to do!
All the best to everyone in this new path we are traversing!
Thank you so much for that.

What is your timeline? They called for interview after how much time of AOR?
Do they often call for interviews? If they do, do they call secondary applicant as well?
How did they contact for the interview? How long the interview lasted?

abusina

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore >> Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
O3-07-2014
Nomination.....
27-10-2014
AOR Received.
O3-12-2014
Med's Request
19-11-2015
Med's Done....
23-11-2015 MR Recevied Status Added on 6th Dec 2015
Passport Req..
03-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2015
LANDED..........
In sha allah in July
Hi All,

1) What is the best and cheap cargo service from Dubai to Toronto (door to door) service? e.g clothes,showpiece,curtain,carpet etc

2) Could anyone please advice what items we must take from Dubai while relocating? For example I am little bit confused about to take my furniture or not cause the condition of the furniture are not not good at this moment,i need to buy.Is it wise to buy and send from here?
Like someone told me bed mattress ,curtain,carpet etc are expensive there.

Thanks

engrted

Aug 19, 2015
abusina said:
Hi All,

1) What is the best and cheap cargo service from Dubai to Toronto (door to door) service? e.g clothes,showpiece,curtain,carpet etc

2) Could anyone please advice what items we must take from Dubai while relocating? For example I am little bit confused about to take my furniture or not cause the condition of the furniture are not not good at this moment,i need to buy.Is it wise to buy and send from here?

Thanks
your question depends on your circumstance:
1. Whos is paying for the shipment? you or your employer? If its you then no need to ship, just go with the necessary things that you can.Sell off all your property here.

2. How new or elegant or expensive are the property? ........if its not so majestic.....then no need

google shipping agents,there are so many of them. you cant say which is cheaper because it all depends on individual and what your shipping. I will advice you to invite all the shipping agents that you can get in UAE to come to your house and give you quotation, then you can decide on shipment/or no shipment

abusina

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore >> Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
O3-07-2014
Nomination.....
27-10-2014
AOR Received.
O3-12-2014
Med's Request
19-11-2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
03-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2015
LANDED..........
In sha allah in July
engrted said:
your question depends on your circumstance:
1. Whos is paying for the shipment? you or your employer? If its you then no need to ship, just go with the necessary things that you can.Sell off all your property here.

2. How new or elegant or expensive are the property? ........if its not so majestic.....then no need

google shipping agents,there are so many of them. you cant say which is cheaper because it all depends on individual and what your shipping. I will advice you to invite all the shipping agents that you can get in UAE to come to your house and give you quotation, then you can decide on shipment/or no shipment
Thanks.

dems

Apr 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep. 29, 2014
Doc's Request.
photo request - 6-Feb-15
Nomination.....
PER: 9-Jan-15
File Transfer...
SLU updated 26Aug15, upto 5th Line update - 29Aug15
Med's Request
04-Sep-15
Med's Done....
14-Sep-15, except for our new born MR received 27Oct15
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-Nov-15
VISA ISSUED...
7-Dec-15
LANDED..........
In God's Time
Hi,

Is there anyone here who open an account in Scotia bank here in Dubai? If so how did you do it? What they require from you? How did you transfer money? Is it open during Fridays or what is their timing? Is it advisable to open an account in dubai scotia bank prior to our landing in canada?

Thank you

SAM_2014

Oct 17, 2015
Visa Office......
London (Previous MCH Current BWJ)
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-07- 2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
Nomination.....
14-11- 2014
AOR Received.
------
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
14-11-2014
Med's Request
05-10-2015
Med's Done....
07-10- 2015 Ecas Medical have been received 14-10-2015
Interview........
04-10- 2015 (Updated PCC & FORMS)
Passport Req..
08-02 2016 Alhamdolilah
VISA ISSUED...
Passport submitted 11-02-2016 & received 15-03-2016 Alhamdolilah
LANDED..........
29-04-2016
dems said:
Hi,

Is there anyone here who open an account in Scotia bank here in Dubai? If so how did you do it? What they require from you? How did you transfer money? Is it open during Fridays or what is their timing? Is it advisable to open an account in dubai scotia bank prior to our landing in canada?

Thank you
As per my queries done via phone provided on website. They don't open account here. They help you to open an account in their canada branch prior to your landing by verifying your PR documents here in uae.

Transfer of money is up to you. What ever method you select. They dont take deposits here.

abusina

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore >> Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
O3-07-2014
Nomination.....
27-10-2014
AOR Received.
O3-12-2014
Med's Request
19-11-2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
03-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2015
LANDED..........
In sha allah in July
Hi,

As per the below instruction (source link : http://www.uae-embassy.ae/Embassies/ca/Content/1184 ) today i collected the certificate but i observed there is only 1 month validity expiry date is mentioned 15th May 2016.But i am planning to move to Canada in July 2016.

Basically before moving to Canada i want to to stay in my home country for 2/3 months that's why i collected it now.Is anyone here face same issue or what can i do in future?

Instruction mentioned in above link:
"1) Obtain a validation letter/experience letter from the same Traffic Department in the United Arab Emirates that issued the driver’s license originally.
(for example, if the license was issued in Abu Dhabi, the validation letter must be obtained from the Abu Dhabi Traffic Department).
Chat Conversation End"

Also from where i can make my UAE driving license as international DL.

regards

engrted

Aug 19, 2015
abusina said:
Hi,

As per the below instruction (source link : http://www.uae-embassy.ae/Embassies/ca/Content/1184 ) today i collected the certificate but i observed there is only 1 month validity expiry date is mentioned 15th May 2016.But i am planning to move to Canada in July 2016.

Basically before moving to Canada i want to to stay in my home country for 2/3 months that's why i collected it now.Is anyone here face same issue or what can i do in future?

Instruction mentioned in above link:
"1) Obtain a validation letter/experience letter from the same Traffic Department in the United Arab Emirates that issued the driver’s license originally.
(for example, if the license was issued in Abu Dhabi, the validation letter must be obtained from the Abu Dhabi Traffic Department).
Chat Conversation End"

Also from where i can make my UAE driving license as international DL.

regards
for UAE international licence go to the post office......its so funny but thats where it is at EMPOST

abusina

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore >> Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
O3-07-2014
Nomination.....
27-10-2014
AOR Received.
O3-12-2014
Med's Request
19-11-2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
03-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2015
LANDED..........
In sha allah in July
engrted said:
for UAE international licence go to the post office......its so funny but thats where it is at EMPOST
Thanks but what about the DL experience letter validity period? Do you have any idea about that?

SMB0015

Star Member
Dec 18, 2014
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO - DRD
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Go to wafi mall near vfs. There are couple of agents.
International drvg license is valid for one year.
Aed 220

Shoki52

Dec 11, 2011
abusina said:
Hi All,

Thanks
I used the below company for Door to Door service, cargo reached within 90 days right on time
Leader Relocations & Leader Pack

Shoki52

Dec 11, 2011
Brieanna said:
Demand Draft:
Thanks!
The efficient way is demand Draft via bank, we used Emirates and Habib AG Zurich.

engrted

Aug 19, 2015
Shoki52 said:
I used the below company for Door to Door service, cargo reached within 90 days right on time
Leader Relocations & Leader Pack
which area in canada did you ship your stuffs to?
was it 90 days or 60 days?
90 days is late ....because these guys always advertise and say it will take 60days.