+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"DUBAI APPLICANTS" **Let's Network & Get Connected**

HeisenbergCanada

Star Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rizmayo said:
Maybe you are right and it makes sense in the cases of undertaking letters. My company (a blue chip MNC) refused to give such letters that required them to take undertaking and in fact they mentioned at the end of every letter (even the ones in which they confirmed salary transfer to a particular bank) that they take no responsibility for any business the employee does with the bank. I never heard of anyone from my company being refused a loan and many banks give us the same rate without requiring a salary transfer to them.

Regards,
I was in a similar situation 2 years back. I skipped Dubai withe one personal loan (AED 35,000) and one credit card (AED 27,000), and landed in Toronto. The banks contacted me by email after 2-3 months and then I had to give my telephone number to them. Then they started harassing my parents in India. Luckily I could borrow some amount from my LIC insurance and could settle the credit car dues through their representative in Kerala. The personal loan took another 6 months and I was helped by my brother in Dubai to settle the same. The bank agreed to a one time payment of AED 25,000. Overall, it was a harrowing experience even though I was in Canada!

dave_lewis

Star Member
Jan 9, 2012
dave_lewis said:
HI champions ,

Need some advice, The canadian high commission has come back with a question after medicals, they require all my spouse work permits in UAE..now for the old companies its hard to get a copies because we are not sure if they will have a copies because its over 5 years...for the new company she is under the husband visa and there is a comment on the visa saying "House wife / not allowed to work" but in this country everyone works....

The new company has not sponsored her so there is only a staff ID card, but the company is will to provide a no objection letter for stating that they have to issues with her working under her husband visa.

will this letter and copy of ID be okay??? please advice
can someone please advice on this???

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
dave_lewis said:
can someone please advice on this???
What exactly are they asking for? In the UAE you don't get a certificate for work permit. The proof of work permit is in the following documents:
1. UAE employment visa sticker - you should have all your old passports
2. UAE labor contract - one copy is for employer and one copy is for you. You should have this already, if your spouse was previously working on her own visa
3. labor card or freezone card

So unless they have asked for something other than work permit, I don't think they are asking for any document from her employers (work permit is a government think).

However as your case is unique, you need to be upfront with CIC that she is working on your visa as it is a common practice. A letter from current employer that they are aware she is on husband's visa may help. If she was previously working on her own visa, the send photocopies of those also.

It is really your luck now, wether CIC will accept your explanation. Normally they do not ask for this after medicals and since they have, it is an indication that something has come to their attention about your case.

Best of luck .

Regards,

dave_lewis

Star Member
Jan 9, 2012
rizmayo said:
What exactly are they asking for? In the UAE you don't get a certificate for work permit. The proof of work permit is in the following documents:
1. UAE employment visa sticker - you should have all your old passports
2. UAE labor contract - one copy is for employer and one copy is for you. You should have this already, if your spouse was previously working on her own visa
3. labor card or freezone card

So unless they have asked for something other than work permit, I don't think they are asking for any document from her employers (work permit is a government think).

However as your case is unique, you need to be upfront with CIC that she is working on your visa as it is a common practice. A letter from current employer that they are aware she is on husband's visa may help. If she was previously working on her own visa, the send photocopies of those also.

It is really your luck now, wether CIC will accept your explanation. Normally they do not ask for this after medicals and since they have, it is an indication that something has come to their attention about your case.

Best of luck .

Regards,
Thanks for the reply.

ok most people dont understand, she has a contract and everything but not a labor contract because they prefer not too..."it doesnt matter to us because of the timings and wife is happy there"

the company isnt a BIG company, hence they prefer her to be on my visa and work....its not the right way but alot of companies do that to save cost etc...

we can provide Labor cards copies from her old company but the current is a problem...do you think a cover letter and a no objection letter from the company stating "we have no objection for her to work under the husband visa" will be okay?

thanks a million for your reply.

Vigilant

Champion Member
Nov 15, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
June-2010
Doc's Request.
Oct-2013
File Transfer...
June-2013
Med's Request
Jan-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
dave_lewis said:
Thanks for the reply.

ok most people dont understand, she has a contract and everything but not a labor contract because they prefer not too..."it doesnt matter to us because of the timings and wife is happy there"

the company isnt a BIG company, hence they prefer her to be on my visa and work....its not the right way but alot of companies do that to save cost etc...

we can provide Labor cards copies from her old company but the current is a problem...do you think a cover letter and a no objection letter from the company stating "we have no objection for her to work under the husband visa" will be okay?

thanks a million for your reply.
I understand your situation and know some pretty awesome workers in the UAE who were still on their spouse's visa.

After moving here, I have observed that Canada is a stickler for the letter of the law, however very lenient when it comes to the human factor. For example, here you will be hit with a major traffic violation no matter what your situation, however go into one of their designated offices and plead guilty and ask for some concession, they won't even give you any black points (your driving record remains clean) and ask you to only pay a nominal fine.

You need to think of this situation from the perspective of Canadian government and their subordinate departments (like CIC). The fact that they have asked for these documents means they have uncovered something in their background checks of your spouse, though there is still a 10% chance they only asked for the work permits as a matter of routine (though this is an unusual requirement).

Assuming CIC background checks have already revealed your wife is in the UAE on a spouse visa, I can think of 2 scenarios that could be going through their minds:

1. They found out that your wife has been working illegally (considering letter of the law and not common practice) on visa that explicitly says she cannot work in that country.

2. They thinks since she cannot legally work in the UAE, the most recent employment letters she has provided are fake and the company has given the letter as the owner might be a family friend.

I would suggest being open and direct about the situation and presenting your case that: a) she did in fact work during this period, b) it is common practice to work like this (more difficult, as you cannot get a letter from the government for this).

From the top of my head I would do the following if I was in your situation (my own opinion):
1. Order your GCMS notes immediately, to understand why you are being asked for the work permits now.
2. Write a cover letter detailing her time on her own visa and then transferring to your visa, with the appropriate reason on why she had to do this.
2a. Do not write convenient timings as a reason for the change of visa, unless you want to build your case on the fact that she was only working part time, as this may effect her points calculation for full-time work experience (other members please comment on this).
3. Attach certified copies of all old labor contracts and cards from the previous jobs.
4. Attach letter from her current company that they are aware she is working on a spousal visa and they have no problem with it.
4a. Have the person signing this letter add his contact numbers at the bottom of the letter and also attach his business card (I hope he does not have the same last name as you or wife :p ).

Hopefully CIC will not make a big issue out of this, which really depends on what their set precedence of dealing with this matter is (as you have pointed out, your wife is not the only one in UAE doing this and it is not going to be the first time CIC is hearing about this).

But you must also understand that your wife's company is not an authority that can dictate whether or not they can hire someone not authorized to work in the UAE and your strongest case here is that you are not deliberately engaged in trying to break the law. If needed you may also have to plead ignorance, by saying her company said it was OK, so how were you supposed to know? (hopefully it will never come to this).

Best of luck and keep us updated.

Regards,

dave_lewis

Star Member
Jan 9, 2012
rizmayo said:
I understand your situation and know some pretty awesome workers in the UAE who were still on their spouse's visa.

After moving here, I have observed that Canada is a stickler for the letter of the law, however very lenient when it comes to the human factor. For example, here you will be hit with a major traffic violation no matter what your situation, however go into one of their designated offices and plead guilty and ask for some concession, they won't even give you any black points (your driving record remains clean) and ask you to only pay a nominal fine.

You need to think of this situation from the perspective of Canadian government and their subordinate departments (like CIC). The fact that they have asked for these documents means they have uncovered something in their background checks of your spouse, though there is still a 10% chance they only asked for the work permits as a matter of routine (though this is an unusual requirement).

Assuming CIC background checks have already revealed your wife is in the UAE on a spouse visa, I can think of 2 scenarios that could be going through their minds:

1. They found out that your wife has been working illegally (considering letter of the law and not common practice) on visa that explicitly says she cannot work in that country.

2. They thinks since she cannot legally work in the UAE, the most recent employment letters she has provided are fake and the company has given the letter as the owner might be a family friend.

I would suggest being open and direct about the situation and presenting your case that: a) she did in fact work during this period, b) it is common practice to work like this (more difficult, as you cannot get a letter from the government for this).

From the top of my head I would do the following if I was in your situation (my own opinion):
1. Order your GCMS notes immediately, to understand why you are being asked for the work permits now.
2. Write a cover letter detailing her time on her own visa and then transferring to your visa, with the appropriate reason on why she had to do this.
2a. Do not write convenient timings as a reason for the change of visa, unless you want to build your case on the fact that she was only working part time, as this may effect her points calculation for full-time work experience (other members please comment on this).
3. Attach certified copies of all old labor contracts and cards from the previous jobs.
4. Attach letter from her current company that they are aware she is working on a spousal visa and they have no problem with it.
4a. Have the person signing this letter add his contact numbers at the bottom of the letter and also attach his business card (I hope he does not have the same last name as you or wife :p ).

Hopefully CIC will not make a big issue out of this, which really depends on what their set precedence of dealing with this matter is (as you have pointed out, your wife is not the only one in UAE doing this and it is not going to be the first time CIC is hearing about this).

But you must also understand that your wife's company is not an authority that can dictate whether or not they can hire someone not authorized to work in the UAE and your strongest case here is that you are not deliberately engaged in trying to break the law. If needed you may also have to plead ignorance, by saying her company said it was OK, so how were you supposed to know? (hopefully it will never come to this).

Best of luck and keep us updated.

Regards,
Thanks for the reply... :( its so sad after waiting for 5 years it has come to this..anyway its all luck now if they accept our covering letter or not...

I dont think we have done anything wrong here, my wife has already planned to leave them in January because of the new baby, hence she will not be working here anymore...

I will provide a letter with the owners business card for they reference and hope for the best.

I have one last question, if they dont consider this current company points we dont have a issue, but will they at least consider the old company point because she was there for 4-5 years and we have managed to get a copy of the labor card. will they reject because of the current company.

Ibasco

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
Vigilant said:
Alhamdullilah....
I have received my passport with visa & COPR..
Hi vigilant how are u!!!

LVO received our passports (with new pictures and updated infos) last 1 April 2014. May I just ask how long was your waiting time until you received your DM in your ECAS, and from there, how long you waited for your documents to be returned by ARAMEx...thank you....

Vigilant

Champion Member
Nov 15, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
June-2010
Doc's Request.
Oct-2013
File Transfer...
June-2013
Med's Request
Jan-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014
Ibasco said:
Hi vigilant how are u!!!

LVO received our passports (with new pictures and updated infos) last 1 April 2014. May I just ask how long was your waiting time until you received your DM in your ECAS, and from there, how long you waited for your documents to be returned by ARAMEx...thank you....
Hi,
I m fine, Thank u..

My passport was received in LVO on 10th March, I got decision made on 26Th March and received passport on April 3rd...

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
dave_lewis said:
Thanks for the reply... :( its so sad after waiting for 5 years it has come to this..anyway its all luck now if they accept our covering letter or not...

I dont think we have done anything wrong here, my wife has already planned to leave them in January because of the new baby, hence she will not be working here anymore...

I will provide a letter with the owners business card for they reference and hope for the best.

I have one last question, if they dont consider this current company points we dont have a issue, but will they at least consider the old company point because she was there for 4-5 years and we have managed to get a copy of the labor card. will they reject because of the current company.
Well I think this makes your case stronger.. They only award points at the beginning of the application and you don't get any more points after that. So technically, if your wife stopped working the day after applying for immigration, her case status will be the same (even though they kind of frown on this.. but nothing wrong with it). It is the working when she was not supposed to, that you need to surpass now.

Hopefully you will get the passport request after they confirm she was on her own visa when she applied and you will not receive any further correspondence on this subject.

Regards,

proby

Jan 4, 2014
Hi All,

My query is regarding the Driving Licence Experience Letter.

I am going to apply for the experience letter but it is valid only for two months. Now, how many of us within the first month of landing will apply for a driving licence.This way this letter will be of no use for us as by the time we will be comfortable enough to apply for a Canadian driving licence, the experience letter from Dubai will expire.

Any suggestions or thoughts?

Proby

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
proby said:
Hi All,

My query is regarding the Driving Licence Experience Letter.

I am going to apply for the experience letter but it is valid only for two months. Now, how many of us within the first month of landing will apply for a driving licence.This way this letter will be of no use for us as by the time we will be comfortable enough to apply for a Canadian driving licence, the experience letter from Dubai will expire.

Any suggestions or thoughts?

Proby
Letter is valid for 6 months. Regardless, you need to submit the experience letter before you can take the G1 written test. I suggest you sit the G1 written test ASAP, as your driving licence is the primary ID here and you will face problems when asked for ID with address and u don't have a licence.

Driving test is not difficult if you have been driving in Dubai. The rules are slightly different, but quickly learn them and you will not have a problem passing the test.

Regards,

proby

Jan 4, 2014
rizmayo said:
Letter is valid for 6 months. Regardless, you need to submit the experience letter before you can take the G1 written test. I suggest you sit the G1 written test ASAP, as your driving licence is the primary ID here and you will face problems when asked for ID with address and u don't have a licence.

Driving test is not difficult if you have been driving in Dubai. The rules are slightly different, but quickly learn them and you will not have a problem passing the test.

Regards,
Thanks rizmayo,

Is it mandatory to get it authenticated by ministry of foreign affairs or the canadian authorities accept it without authentication also?

Proby

nkalra

Champion Member
Sep 8, 2011
dave_lewis said:
Hi all can someone please help me with this matter..
Dave I fully understand your point. A lot of companies here follow this mainly small companies they always look for the applicants on husband's visa so they don't need to give end of service benefits and insurance, ticket amount as per Labour Law.

Now let me tell you the law as per UAE Ministry Labour Law ( For private sector)

IF your wifs is on husband's visa, she can work in any company while remain under your sponsorship. The only requirement to have this thing legal is to sign the labor contract and employer must apply for Labor Card provided by MOL.

For non private (Ministry Of Immigration) govts and semi govts, since these employes don't have Labor card as their staff ID's itself work as Labor card, so no need for wife to have the labor card.

I have told you above about the UAE law in today's date, based on the situation think carefully.

For more details you can check with MOL directly their customer care toll free number is 800665

http://www.mol.gov.ae/newmolgateway/english/newindex.aspx#

Wish you all the very best, you can PM if you need any more info.

God Bless.

goalcanada

Mar 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-13
AOR Received.
PER recd 25-07-2013
Med's Request
18-08-2014
Med's Done....
3rd line on 19.09.14
Passport Req..
PPR1 on 12.09.14 & PP submitted 29.9.14
dave_lewis said:
Hi all can someone please help me with this matter..
Dear Dave, with my little knowledge,

Labor Contract is required to confirm the Legal Worker and covering all his labor rights. She shall be in husband (sponsor) visa. No issue.

Some small companies are engaging workers without Labor contract is illegal since those workers are NOT covered with labor terms. Any worker should be working with signed Labor Contract.

You don't worry, just explain your case in a letter and send the documents. Let VO decide..