+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"DUBAI APPLICANTS" **Let's Network & Get Connected**

proby

Jan 4, 2014
rizmayo said:
Letter is valid for 6 months. Regardless, you need to submit the experience letter before you can take the G1 written test. I suggest you sit the G1 written test ASAP, as your driving licence is the primary ID here and you will face problems when asked for ID with address and u don't have a licence.

Driving test is not difficult if you have been driving in Dubai. The rules are slightly different, but quickly learn them and you will not have a problem passing the test.

Regards,
Thanks rizmayo,

Is it mandatory to get it authenticated by ministry of foreign affairs or the canadian authorities accept it without authentication also?

Proby

nkalra

Champion Member
Sep 8, 2011
dave_lewis said:
Hi all can someone please help me with this matter..
Dave I fully understand your point. A lot of companies here follow this mainly small companies they always look for the applicants on husband's visa so they don't need to give end of service benefits and insurance, ticket amount as per Labour Law.

Now let me tell you the law as per UAE Ministry Labour Law ( For private sector)

IF your wifs is on husband's visa, she can work in any company while remain under your sponsorship. The only requirement to have this thing legal is to sign the labor contract and employer must apply for Labor Card provided by MOL.

For non private (Ministry Of Immigration) govts and semi govts, since these employes don't have Labor card as their staff ID's itself work as Labor card, so no need for wife to have the labor card.

I have told you above about the UAE law in today's date, based on the situation think carefully.

For more details you can check with MOL directly their customer care toll free number is 800665

http://www.mol.gov.ae/newmolgateway/english/newindex.aspx#

Wish you all the very best, you can PM if you need any more info.

God Bless.

goalcanada

Mar 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-13
AOR Received.
PER recd 25-07-2013
Med's Request
18-08-2014
Med's Done....
3rd line on 19.09.14
Passport Req..
PPR1 on 12.09.14 & PP submitted 29.9.14
dave_lewis said:
Hi all can someone please help me with this matter..
Dear Dave, with my little knowledge,

Labor Contract is required to confirm the Legal Worker and covering all his labor rights. She shall be in husband (sponsor) visa. No issue.

Some small companies are engaging workers without Labor contract is illegal since those workers are NOT covered with labor terms. Any worker should be working with signed Labor Contract.

You don't worry, just explain your case in a letter and send the documents. Let VO decide..

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
proby said:
Thanks rizmayo,

Is it mandatory to get it authenticated by ministry of foreign affairs or the canadian authorities accept it without authentication also?

Proby
No.. No authentication is required. Just make sure the telephone numbers of the department signing the letter are on there.

If you inform RTA the letter is for Canada they will give you the letter that is needed.

Regards,

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
rizmayo said:
No.. No authentication is required. Just make sure the telephone numbers of the department signing the letter are on there.

If you inform RTA the letter is for Canada they will give you the letter that is needed.

Regards,
There is no separate letter for Canada - there is one standard which is issues by RTA for AE d 60. We just got ours which was accepted in Toronto without any attestation. I think they checked the authenticity online.G1 is not very difficult. Practise the online free tests. We did our SIN, bank account and G1 on the same day. Driving in Canada is a little tricky with the free right turns and especially the left turn, unlike the UAE. Will take a bit of time getting used to.

If you clear G1, you will get a temp paper licence and the photo version will come later in the mail. This will be the primary ID in Canada. If you clear. G1, you will have one chance to go for G but if you fail the G, you will have to go for the G2 after a min of 10 days.

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
akbardxb said:
There is no separate letter for Canada - there is one standard which is issues by RTA for AE d 60. We just got ours which was accepted in Toronto without any attestation. I think they checked the authenticity online.G1 is not very difficult. Practise the online free tests. We did our SIN, bank account and G1 on the same day. Driving in Canada is a little tricky with the free right turns and especially the left turn, unlike the UAE. Will take a bit of time getting used to.

If you clear G1, you will get a temp paper licence and the photo version will come later in the mail. This will be the primary ID in Canada. If you clear. G1, you will have one chance to go for G but if you fail the G, you will have to go for the G2 after a min of 10 days.
Yes there is no separate letter for Canada. I had some trouble explaining the experience letter to the guy at reception, but as soon as I mentioned 'for Canada' he knew what I needed. The same happened with all the other people there. I just think it is a good to know, incase you go there and they do not understand what you need.

There are some tricks to passing the road test on your first attempt and it is not the same as driving normally in Canada. If someone needs tips for Ontario pm me.

Regards,

proby

Jan 4, 2014
rizmayo said:
Yes there is no separate letter for Canada. I had some trouble explaining the experience letter to the guy at reception, but as soon as I mentioned 'for Canada' he knew what I needed. The same happened with all the other people there. I just think it is a good to know, incase you go there and they do not understand what you need.

There are some tricks to passing the road test on your first attempt and it is not the same as driving normally in Canada. If someone needs tips for Ontario pm me.

Regards,
Thank a lot rizmayo & akbar.
Rizmayo, i will definitely pm you for the tricks ;)

Proby

Vigilant

Champion Member
Nov 15, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
June-2010
Doc's Request.
Oct-2013
File Transfer...
June-2013
Med's Request
Jan-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014
Hi Seniors,

I have a question regarding the experience letter from RTA. I have fine and four black points in October'13. This is the only driving fine which I have in 5 years of driving in Dubai which was not due to the serious mistake but I was unfortunate that my friend interfered when I was talking the policeman and he got angry and gave me 4 black points with AED 400 fine... :(
Anyhow can I get an experience letter from RTA inspite of these black points or I have to wait till October when these points will be removed from my license. If some with black points had this letter then please let me know..

Thanks,

er2d2g

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
Burlington,ON Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2007
Med's Request
06-12-2011
Med's Done....
28-12-2011
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2012
LANDED..........
21-06-2012
Vigilant said:
Hi Seniors,

I have a question regarding the experience letter from RTA. I have fine and four black points in October'13. This is the only driving fine which I have in 5 years of driving in Dubai which was not due to the serious mistake but I was unfortunate that my friend interfered when I was talking the policeman and he got angry and gave me 4 black points with AED 400 fine... :(
Anyhow can I get an experience letter from RTA inspite of these black points or I have to wait till October when these points will be removed from my license. If some with black points had this letter then please let me know..

Thanks,
Hi Vigilant
As long as as your fines are paid up you can still get the letter. Essentially the letter is your entire driving record including all the fines you have.The first page which says you have no fines ( once you pay everything) is all that you need to submit when you open your driving file here.
hope this helps
er2d2g

goalcanada

Mar 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-13
AOR Received.
PER recd 25-07-2013
Med's Request
18-08-2014
Med's Done....
3rd line on 19.09.14
Passport Req..
PPR1 on 12.09.14 & PP submitted 29.9.14
er2d2g said:
Hi Vigilant
As long as as your fines are paid up you can still get the letter. Essentially the letter is your entire driving record including all the fines you have.The first page which says you have no fines ( once you pay everything) is all that you need to submit when you open your driving file here.
hope this helps
er2d2g
Friends, If I am right

You can take "international Driving License" which is valid for 1year. you can use this license to start using a Rent a car and to apply for your Canada license.

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
Vigilant said:
Hi Seniors,

Thanks,
just wait or otherwise try to get international driving license that can be used and is useful same as RTA leter.

ARAD

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AbuDhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 13, 2014
AOR Received.
july 17 2014
Med's Done....
March 2014
Interview........
Na
Passport Req..
Dec 21 2014
hi Everyone
Ive been following this thread for a while... but first time posting. i am sponsoring my wife. we both live in dubai. got married in court last year but no wedding. we decided to throw one once we are in canada, hopefully, as my family lives in canada,and hers in states. ive been looking for a good lawyer to consult with before sending our app. any suggestions?
Also, here is what ive been putting together for the proof of marriage. let me know what you guys think:
joint bank account (opened recently)
joint Credit Card (Also pretty new)
tons of photos (about 200 i think)
Letter of reference from freinds and family members
phone bills dating to the first week we met (july 2012)
facebook massages dating back to the first week we met
whatsapp massages (only staring may 2013, as that is the time i changed my phone, and cant manage to pull the old massages out of the old blackberry)
emails she sent dating back to when we first met

what elese do you guys think i need to get?

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
ARAD said:
hi Everyone
Ive been following this thread for a while... but first time posting. i am sponsoring my wife. we both live in dubai. got married in court last year but no wedding. we decided to throw one once we are in canada, hopefully, as my family lives in canada,and hers in states. ive been looking for a good lawyer to consult with before sending our app. any suggestions?
Also, here is what ive been putting together for the proof of marriage. let me know what you guys think:
whatsapp massages (only staring may 2013, as that is the time i changed my phone, and cant manage to pull the old massages out of the old blackberry)

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
ARAD said:
hi Everyone

marriage certificate, Joint bank Account staments, credit card statment, and some Photo no need 200 photos. UAE marraige certificate must be translated in english. I have aonly submitted marraige certificate

ARAD

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AbuDhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 13, 2014
AOR Received.
july 17 2014
Med's Done....
March 2014
Interview........
Na
Passport Req..
Dec 21 2014
nekeol said:
marriage certificate, Joint bank Account staments, credit card statment, and some Photo no need 200 photos. UAE marraige certificate must be translated in english. I have aonly submitted marraige certificate
thank you nekel, yes , i forgot the most important one. the marriage cert. but here is the issue, the bank account is literally about a couple of weeks old, and we have never used the join credit card, as we kept it for a rainy day. how bad do you think that would be?
also, was your case similar to ours? how long did the whole thing take?