Interview........
JULY 13, 2012( csq received)
Passport Req..
nov 2013
VISA ISSUED...
dec 2013
LANDED..........
soonnnn
hello.. i recieved my ppr and my visa expires april25, 2014 as stated in the letter.. I would like to know when is the best time for me to fly to canada. and also, is there any requirements to get here in dubai before moving? do i need to get an NOC or any special letter.>> thanks

Rahul Dutta

Star Member
Nov 20, 2009
Chandigarh, Punjab, India
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
Med's Request
19-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2014
LANDED..........
Still not decided
akbardxb said:
Medical records are sent directly by the clinic we went to in Dubai. Be sure to carry your passport for identification and 4 PP pix. Look your best as they will take a pic as well. LOL. I received the notification for medical on email, but a letter arrived a couple of days later asking for a current date Police Clearance certificate from UAE and a fees of CAD 480 each for me and spouse. Waiting with bated breath for further action.
hi
when did you receive the letter(or email??) for current date police clearance and for CAD 480 each? is that after medical examination done ? bcoz we have not received any such requirement so far.

Mustafa100

Star Member
Oct 21, 2013
Hi,

I did the medical test in June 2013, and recieved e mail from VO telling me that Im in the Background check and could take several months to complete,
does any one has same case could tell me how much time this " Background check " takes, is it two,three months or may be a year!!

thanks

murugan426

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
CHENNAI
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
3131, 0113
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2010
Doc's Request.
30-09-2010
AOR Received.
30-09-2010
IELTS Request
14-05-2010
Med's Request
29-05-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
10-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
03-01-2014 EXPIRY 26.06.2014
LANDED..........
thanks for your reply; we thought of landing Calgary in may 14. my wife and two daughters with me... my wife is PA seeking for better career in pharma marketing and myself looking for logistics/purchase/inventory jobs that I have more than 12 years experienced in Dubai with MBA logistics..

please provide your Skype id or contact number it will be easy to contact you..

muru426
SMSH said:
I strongly advise you not to join any company for six months for saving money. Especially in Dubai.
Living cost is very high and life is not that easy as it looks...Too many procedures....

However if you want to join here then better you do landing in Canada first and give address of your relative/friend in Canada for the PR Cards.

Then come to Dubai for at least two years to save something and still I don't know your family size !!
I am in UAE now almost 13 years and can guide you on living cost and problems
You can call me on skype if I can be helpful to assist you further in details.

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Mustafa100 said:
Hi,

I did the medical test in June 2013, and recieved e mail from VO telling me that Im in the Background check and could take several months to complete,
does any one has same case could tell me how much time this " Background check " takes, is it two,three months or may be a year!!

thanks
In your case, after the Medical did you have to submit the fees and/or Police Clearance from the UAE ?

Going by what I read on the forum and elsewhere, each case is unique and there are a number of factors that are considered, including nationality of origin. Some cases have been asked for their passports within a month of medical while some have had to wait for much longer. The only thing that will probably help is PATIENCE as we don't have any control over the process. I've waited since 2010 after application so a couple of months more won't hurt.

shahji

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER May 2011
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
May 2011
Med's Request
September 2013
Med's Done....
September 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 2013
LANDED..........
Soon
Rahul Dutta said:
First of all, I congratulate you for getting Canadian PR.
It would be great if you continue to share your ideas/decisions for settlement -

i.e whats ur profession, which province have u selected for settlement, how would you deal with all the stuff in Dubai (whether u will sell it or ship it to canada), how will you find your accomodation..

I feel, this would be great for all of us.

Regards
Rahul Dutta
Thanks Rahul

Sure i will share whenever i make a decision and when i am free...i am an architect by profession and gathering information but still confused + life is very busy here.

Vigilant

Champion Member
Nov 15, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
June-2010
Doc's Request.
Oct-2013
File Transfer...
June-2013
Med's Request
Jan-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014
Hi,
I am a new member of this forum and need some assistance from senior members.
My timeline is below:
Received Application: 10-06-2010
Letter Sent on: 20-10-2010
Documents received and pending review.
Your application was reviewed and started processing on 30-06-2012.

After this I received a mail on 07-06-2013 to provide below documents again:

1. IMM0008
2. [IMM 5669
3. IMM 5562
4. IMM5406
5. Copy of passport title page for each applicant.
6. Completed Military Questionnaire (attached)
which were submitted in August 2013. Now I received a request for
1-RPRF
2-PCC
on 17-10-213 which are submitted on 16-11-2013. I just want to know where I stand now? I have not received Medical request yet. Thanks in advance..

Rahul Dutta

Star Member
Nov 20, 2009
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
Med's Request
19-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2014
LANDED..........
Still not decided
Hi,

can anyone please guide me , after medical test do they go for reference check also as references that i had provided for my previous jobs have also changed their jobs. they are no more working in that organisation now. somebody has mentioned in his post that after the medical test , he received an email saying background check is going on and will take several months. this post is quite confusing.

Mustafa100

Star Member
Oct 21, 2013
In your case, after the Medical did you have to submit the fees and/or Police Clearance from the UAE ?

Going by what I read on the forum and elsewhere, each case is unique and there are a number of factors that are considered, including nationality of origin. Some cases have been asked for their passports within a month of medical while some have had to wait for much longer. The only thing that will probably help is PATIENCE as we don't have any control over the process. I've waited since 2010 after application so a couple of months more won't hurt.
thanks,
yes I did the medical test and paied the fees and got Police clearance from my country and UAE in June 2013
then they asked my for some updated documents for my wife and I did in Sep 2013.

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
Rahul Dutta said:
Hi,

can anyone please guide me , after medical test do they go for reference check also as references that i had provided for my previous jobs have also changed their jobs. they are no more working in that organisation now. somebody has mentioned in his post that after the medical test , he received an email saying background check is going on and will take several months. this post is quite confusing.
Hi,

Background checks do confuse a lot of new members, who are trying to predict their timelines on the experiences of seniors.

Please understand that there is no hard on fast to rule to when background checks are started/completed. Some members receive their medical requests after background checks are completed (this usually means, passport request will follow in a month's time), other members have their background checks start after medicals are completed (this usually means a longer waiting period, sometimes over one year).

Background checks are related to your safe inclusion into Canada (i.e. you are not a security risk to Canada), experience verification is already completed before background checks start and there won't be any verification calls at this stage (unless there is some suspicion of you being fired from that job as you were a threat to others around you).

daniel77in

Nov 13, 2013
how do you apply by your self from dubai ?

bombastic4ever said:
Thank you Allah! I received this by email yesterday :) :) :) :) :) :) :) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I would like also to thank all members of this forum, without your valuable topic and responses, this would never happened. I applied without a "immigration consultant" and I advice all new members who are interested in immigration to do the same. Moreover, I would like to ask, How can I create a timeline in my profile?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Centralized-Intake-Office <Centralized-Intake-Office @ cic gc ca>
4:33 PM (23 hours ago)

to me
FEDERAL SKILLED WORKER
CENTRALIZED INTAKE OFFICE
P.O. BOX 7500
SYDNEY, NS B1P 0A9

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

PO BOX xxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES

xxxxxxxxxxxx

UCI: xxxxxxxx
*xxxxxxxx*

Application: E000xxxxxx
*E000xxxxxx*

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada in the Federal Skilled Worker class.

The Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism issued instructions which were published in the Canada Gazette on May 4, 2013. Only applicants who meet the criteria specified in these Ministerial Instructions are eligible to be processed in the Federal Skilled Worker class.

Based on a review of the information you have provided, your application has received a positive determination of eligibility to be processed on the basis of work experience in an occupation specified in the Instructions issued by the Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism and published in the Canada Gazette on May 4, 2013. However a final decision on your eligibility to be selected as a federal skilled worker will be made by a visa office.

Your application will be forwarded to a visa office for further processing.

Any future correspondence should be sent to the visa office as indicated on your application. Your reference (application) number is located below the date of this letter. You must quote this reference number in any future correspondence.

This correspondence also acknowledges receipt of your payment dated in the amount of Canadian dollars. Your Payment Receipt No. is . Please keep a copy of this letter for your records and quote this number on all correspondence relating to application fees or refunds.

X This correspondence also acknowledges receipt of your Fee Payment Form IMM 5620 authorizing CIC to take payment of processing fees using the credit card details provided. Please be informed that we processed a payment of $550.00 Canadian dollars on this credit card (ending in xxxx). Your receipt number is xxxxxxxxxx. Please keep a copy of this letter for your records and quote this number on all correspondence relating to application fees or refunds.

Please inform the visa office of any changes in your application (e.g. birth or adoption of a child, marriage or common-law relationship, new occupation or employer, submission of an Arranged Employment Opinion approved by Human Resources and Skills Development Canada, change of address, change of e-mail address, change of immigration representative, etc). Please include a letter identifying what the changes are and any relevant supporting documents. If your documents are not in English or French, send a notarized (certified) translation with a copy of the originals.

It is important for you to learn about the steps you need to take to get your credentials and qualifications recognized in Canada. Citizenship and Immigration Canada recommends that you review the resources on the Foreign Credentials Referral Office's website (www credentials gc ca) and the Department's website (www cic gc ca) for helpful information about living and finding work in Canada. If your application will be processed through China, India, the Philippines, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Japan or the UK, you might receive information and an invitation letter from CIC about free in-person assistance. In order to participate in this service you will require an invitation letter from the CIC mission which will be sent to you during the later stages of the immigration process if you are determined to be eligible for it. You can access information about this free in-person assistance at www newcomersuccess ca . Actual participation in this in-person service is not a guarantee nor an indicator that your immigration application will ultimately be successful or that you will receive an immigrant visa.

Thank you for your interest in Canada.

JM
Case Processing Agent
Citizenship and Immigration
Federal Skilled Worker Centralized Intake Office
Sydney, Nova Scotia

coolguy2010

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-10-2010
Nomination.....
09-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-06-2011
IELTS Request
6 Band
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2013
LANDED..........
06-08-2013
www.cic.gc.ca

Refer - "Immigrate" -> "Federal Skilled Worker Class" and you will get details

daniel77in said:
how do we apply directly instead of agents from dubai ?

can anyone give us some guidelines on this ??

Rahul Dutta

Star Member
Nov 20, 2009
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
Med's Request
19-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2014
LANDED..........
Still not decided
rizmayo said:
Hi,

Background checks do confuse a lot of new members, who are trying to predict their timelines on the experiences of seniors.

Please understand that there is no hard on fast to rule to when background checks are started/completed. Some members receive their medical requests after background checks are completed (this usually means, passport request will follow in a month's time), other members have their background checks start after medicals are completed (this usually means a longer waiting period, sometimes over one year).

Background checks are related to your safe inclusion into Canada (i.e. you are not a security risk to Canada), experience verification is already completed before background checks start and there won't be any verification calls at this stage (unless there is some suspicion of you being fired from that job as you were a threat to others around you).
thank you so much for your reply. so better is to wait and watch.

genona

Apr 29, 2011
Uae
Category........
Visa Office......
CSQ - sub to montreal FEDERAL - sub to VO ABUDhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Aug -16-2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11/09/2012 App received by CIC 11/03/2013 IN PROCESS
Med's Request
not yet
Med's Done....
march 2013
Interview........
JULY 13, 2012( csq received)
Passport Req..
nov 2013
VISA ISSUED...
dec 2013
LANDED..........
soonnnn
hello guys, need some info here.. i received my ppr. i dont know how many photos should i sent because they did not mention anthing only
"photos"... i will send my passport tommorow.