Med's Done....
22-03-14
Passport Req..
04-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2014
LANDED..........
May 2014
people on the flooor.....wants to go for sure...................apni to jese tese....thori essee yaa weseee.......cut jae giii........ap ka kia ho janab-e-aaalii (VO)..

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Sainamo said:
Qorax,

Sent you a PM. Can you pls respond?

Thanks
Hi,

I've dwelt on it here many times, a simple 'search' could've got u ur answers. Nonetheless here's them once again...

1. How to 'split' the names:
e.g.1: If the name is "Shahrukh Khan"... pls split it as: Given Name = Shahrukh; Last Name = Khan
e.g.2: If the name is "Arthur Ira Garfunkel"... pls split it as: Given Name = Arthur Ira; Last Name = Garfunkel
e.g.3: If the name is "Ali Al-Husayni Al-Sistani"... pls split it as: Given Name = Ali Al-Husayni; Last Name = Al-Sistani

2. I've 'renewed' my pps, after PPR should I submit 'only' the new ones or the 'old' ones as well:
Ans.: If the 'old' pps were mentioned in the application, or any time during the processing, we r required to submit both. For which we need to 'staple' the older pp onto the 'new pp booklet'. Well, we've observed that few got away with submitting only the new pps; while we've also observed that few were 'asked' by their IO's to produce their older pp as well. And then, those cases got delayed, the onus of which rest ironically with the applicant him/herself. Thus, the thumb-rule is, "submit both"... in any case that's what CIC desires as well.

3. What do I write as my 'eye-color' in the UIC:
Ans.: There's no way our VOs could X-check our eye-colors against what we wrote, neither the BSO@the POE would care. However, down the line, somewhere, sometime, there could be a need to identify ourselves. Thus, it'd be wise to write our eye-color as candidly as possible. Having actually a 'black' pupil we wouldn't like to be harassed (if & when the time comes) for writing "blue" in our documents, would we? As regards a selection between 'Black' or 'Brown': let's be clear that if we observe our pupils in broad daylight it gets pretty evident which color they r... it's then easy to distinguish between 'black' or 'brown' eyes. However, let's also be clear that if we chose to write 'brown' instead when it actually was 'black' (or vice-versa) -- it wouldn't mater much... that's just a boner.

4. How to 'send' our pps from the Middle East to CHC-London:
Ans.: The system with most VOs is to submit our pps thru courier (viz. Aramex, FedEx, DHL, TNT, UPS etc.). With most VOs we send a "returning arrangement" as well (viz. we contact the courier company to bring our pps back too, by paying both ways upfront). However, with LVO, for Middle East applicants, the 'returning arrangement' isn't required (not that we still cannot do it, but it could be avoided). For Middle East cases, those which r served by CHC-London, our returning pps r channelled thru CHC-Adh. London sends them via their 'diplomatic bag', which is a bi-weekly affair between CHC-Adh & CHC-London... usually they come to Abu Dhabi on Tuesdays (alternate ones, mind it). CHC-Adh has an arrangement with Aramex (their contracted couriers). Thus, on receipt of our pps -- Adh despatch cell calls Aramex -- who in turn deliver it to our "door" and collect the charges directly from us, at the 'door'. Remember, we need to enclose an 'empty' but 'labeled' A4 size envelope (having our address, but without any fee arrangement) alongwith our pps, post the PPR. Aramex delivers our pps to that address. And this 'delivery system' holds good for all local nations, viz. Bahrain, Oman, Qatar etc. not just for the emirates of the UAE.

5. What all comes in that Aramex package:
Ans.: That Aramex package will have our 'stamped' pps (with the 'counterfoil' of the PR visa), our COPR and an 'instructions letter' for assisting with our 'landing'... that's it. In some cases, where it applies, it'd also contain a SJTD (more on it in my separate thread at the "General Forum"). While in some cases LVO returned their 'original' edn certs. (if submitted) as well in that packet, but for some they didn't (it came separately).

6. What will be the 'expiry date' of my PR visa; or when can I use it:
Ans.: Typically our PR visa/s will be valid till 'one-year' from the day we had taken our meds, OR in cognizance to / as per the expiry of any one's pps in the family. Note: if any one's pps expire before 1-yr from the meds -- all the family member's PR visas will be be valid 'only' till that date irrespective of whether his/her pps were yet valid. Everyone in the family is required to 'enter' Canada within that visa expiry date to perform our "Record of Landing"... only then we become PRs. Importantly, if the family is 'landing separately' -- the PA needs to 'land' first, and not vice-versa. Furthermore, if any one doesn't 'land' within his/her PR visa expiry... his/her case stands 'invalidated' -- and he needs to start the process all over again (DANGER). Thus, it's my personal opinion that once issued with our PRVs - we should book our flights asap & enter Canada at the earliest without considering the time of the year / or the weather / or the schooling session etc. Incidentally nothing stops here (in Canada) during the winters... it's business as usual; and the 'cold' doesn't matter as well - b'coz it's similar to the 'hot' of the Middle East -- we never remained outside there for long & received a 'heat-stroke', did we? While everything/every place there was 'airconditioned', right? So is Canada... everything / every where is 'heated'... it's just the opposite -- but the factors r constant. And reg. 'schooling' -- remember, whenever we come - our kids WILL BE ADMITTED into the appropriate school (anytime of the year), there's a law to that effect.

Hope that cleared all.

Qorax
Ps.: I chose to write here instead of replying to ur PM for the benefit of everyone; and I've not divulged any of ur personal details.

jamshaid79

Apr 21, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-10
Doc's Request.
12-10-10
AOR Received.
06-06-11
IELTS Request
08-05-10
File Transfer...
23-04-12
Med's Request
12-02-14
Med's Done....
22-03-14
Passport Req..
04-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2014
LANDED..........
May 2014
hummmm app me kuch ho kia......"IN PROCESS" ho gia VISA for the time being kaheen khoo gia...jo chahee tumm abb mang looo...docs lee loo yaa or bhi kuch mang looo...lekin sonu ye jaan looo...hummm CANADA pe marte hain....hummm CANADA pe marte hainnnnnn....ab choro bhi na meri Jaaaan loooo.....request hummm ye karte hain........request hummm ye karte hain......pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....ab hamariii bhi maan loooooooooooooooooo

jamshaid79

Apr 21, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-10
Doc's Request.
12-10-10
AOR Received.
06-06-11
IELTS Request
08-05-10
File Transfer...
23-04-12
Med's Request
12-02-14
Med's Done....
22-03-14
Passport Req..
04-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2014
LANDED..........
May 2014
Hummeeee to looot lia mill kee husan waloo me....ghore ghore gallo ne....brown brown ballo neee....

bestpal

Aug 5, 2010
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
0111 Financial Controller
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2009
Doc's Request.
14-01-2010
AOR Received.
2nd on 25-06-2010
IELTS Request
8 Bands
File Transfer...
20-01-2010
Med's Request
06-03-2012
Med's Done....
20-04-2012
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
30-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
PPs sent 05-11-2012! Visas stamped 15-11-2012 recd PPs back on 01-Dec-2012
LANDED..........
20 January 2013;,as God willed! Thank God for mercies!
Canada_4Ever said:

THANKS A MILLION ......... EVERYONE WHO CONGRATULATE ME AND THOSE WHO DID NOT !!!!

ALL THE BEST TO EVERYONE !!!!!

Hi Canada_4Ever,

CONGRATS and all the Best and get ready calmly without getting over anxious, because you need your nerves to complete your B4 papers, photos of jewellery and bookings etc. POF arrangements....and teh works!

Best Wishes,

Bestpal

emceemouli

Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bestpal said:
Hi Canada_4Ever,

CONGRATS and all the Best and get ready calmly without getting over anxious, because you need your nerves to complete your B4 papers, photos of jewellery and bookings etc. POF arrangements....and teh works!

Best Wishes,

Bestpal
check this page for landing info and other settling info
https://sites.google.com/site/newcanadianimmigrants/landing-procedure

thanks

jamshaid79

Apr 21, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-10
Doc's Request.
12-10-10
AOR Received.
06-06-11
IELTS Request
08-05-10
File Transfer...
23-04-12
Med's Request
12-02-14
Med's Done....
22-03-14
Passport Req..
04-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2014
LANDED..........
May 2014
kia hoa sab soo gae iss blog pee.............

Bigboss

Jan 18, 2013
UAE-Alain
Category........
Visa Office......
MCH-London
NOC Code......
7241,MI3
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2011
Doc's Request.
At the time of dicuments submittion
AOR Received.
11-4-2012
IELTS Request
Along With document request
File Transfer...
1-6-2012
Med's Request
20-8-2012 , expired , remedical 10/11/2013
Med's Done....
ECSE 4-10-2012. Remedical 14/11/2013
Interview........
Hope waived
Passport Req..
21/11/2013
VISA ISSUED...
3/12/2013
LANDED..........
August 2014 inshalah
Helo every body
From two days i couldnt access
CIC" site in order. To check my ECASE, any one know why?

ramzy2277

Dec 21, 2011
Hi guys,

I want to understand one thing plz,after an applicant receives the pr visa first time which is valid till the end of his meds,how many times can i enter using this one year visa,can i use it to enter multiple times efen if i dont recieve the pr card or its only valid for one single entry.

Thanks.

dyaan

Star Member
Feb 10, 2011
Visa Office......
London UK
qorax said:
Hi,

With ur PPR u were provided the UIC. U were required to 'split' ur names in that sheet... and then ur Canadian docs would've been as per the 'split name/s'. Which, probably, u didn't do it.

In any case, for ur 'landing' it wouldn't matter... u r good to go. However, all docs thereafter in Canada would remain as per the style/format of ur name/s in ur COPR forms. The good thing is that it still wouldn't matter to ur settlement here in any way unless u don't like it (find it convenient) that way.

BTW, thus there's no need to contact ur VO to do any amendments now & u r good for ur Canadian foray, unless u want those changes. And remember, if u desire those changes before flying -- u could face delays, sometimes for months.

Qorax

Dear qorax sir,
Thanks for your valuable advice.
We shall definitely do our first landing with the current name, get the PR, sin n so on.. However, if I may ask, is there a way/ procedure by which I can get the records changed( I.e split of given name n surname) after getting the PR card?
I mean I would request a new passport from the India with desired split name and further request the Canadian authorities to replace all the docs that we're issued at the time of our first landing.

Please advice

Dyaan

er2d2g

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
Burlington,ON Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2007
Med's Request
06-12-2011
Med's Done....
28-12-2011
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2012
LANDED..........
21-06-2012
ramzy2277 said:
Hi guys,

I want to understand one thing plz,after an applicant receives the pr visa first time which is valid till the end of his meds,how many times can i enter using this one year visa,can i use it to enter multiple times efen if i dont recieve the pr card or its only valid for one single entry.

Thanks.
Hi ramzy

Its a one time entry visa only. When you 'land' in Canada the visa is no longer valid as your status will cah nge to a Permanent Resident and you need to apply for a PR card ( this is done by the immigration officer at the airport during your landing process). If you leave Canada before you have your PR card with you there are 2 options to enter Canada again

1. get someone to carry your PR cards outside Canada which you can use to enter Canada again
2. apply for a travel document from the nearest Canadian embassy

Hope this helps

er2d2g

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
dyaan said:
Dear qorax sir,
Thanks for your valuable advice.
We shall definitely do our first landing with the current name, get the PR, sin n so on.. However, if I may ask, is there a way/ procedure by which I can get the records changed( I.e split of given name n surname) after getting the PR card?
I mean I would request a new passport from the India with desired split name and further request the Canadian authorities to replace all the docs that we're issued at the time of our first landing.

Please advice

Dyaan
U can't do that once 'landed'. Whereafter, ur only recourse would be to "change ur name" -- there's a provision, regulation & procedure for that.
Qorax

dyaan

Star Member
Feb 10, 2011
Visa Office......
London UK
qorax said:
U can't do that once 'landed'. Whereafter, ur only recourse would be to "change ur name" -- there's a provision, regulation & procedure for that.
Qorax
Thank you Qorax Sir,
I can read between ur lines... I must go with the flow.

Thanks again
Dyaan

mak123

Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2010
Doc's Request.
10-03-2010
AOR Received.
02-08-2010
Med's Request
15-05-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-02-2013
LANDED..........
Inshah Allah in June-2013
Dear Qorax

I am a regular reader of all your posts , After Loong waiting I received MY PPR Yesterday ;D

jamshaid79

Apr 21, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-10
Doc's Request.
12-10-10
AOR Received.
06-06-11
IELTS Request
08-05-10
File Transfer...
23-04-12
Med's Request
12-02-14
Med's Done....
22-03-14
Passport Req..
04-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2014
LANDED..........
May 2014
mak123 said:
Dear Qorax

I am a regular reader of all your posts , After Loong waiting I received MY PPR Yesterday ;D
Congarts dear