22/08/2011
Med's Done....
15/09/2011 Medical received on 11/11/11
Passport Req..
11/4/2012
VISA ISSUED...
12/5/2012 get passports back on 19/5/2012
Briefly, some observations on my first visits:
- They didn't want to stamp my B4 at airport, rather, I had to call to take an appointment. They also asked for Jewellery type,weight, purity, composition and value.
- Since we are going to stay for less than 3 months, we have been asked to make the MSP "health card" later on, especially as I will be heading to Ontario the next visit. Nevertheless, we have to wait again for 3 month till we receive our cards. (In BC, we wait the rest of the landing month plus two more months)
- BC is expensive. You can't survive long without a job.
- BC has a fabulous nature. People are Ok ( not so friendly but also not rude)
-Costco is a big cheap and nice shop to buy from in bulk.
- Medical insurance is necessary in the 3 month waiting period. Either pre-landing insurance (traveler insurance) or to purchase it from Canada. Check this for e.g http://www.bestquotetravelinsurance.ca/visitors-to-canada-insurance
- I'm still in BC for a while and I will keep updating you.

pooja82

Oct 10, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2009
Doc's Request.
05-02-2010
AOR Received.
27-04-2010
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
In Process
Med's Request
22-06-2012 (received 2nd July 2012)
Med's Done....
10-07-2012 (received by CHC London 16th July 2012)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31st Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
10th Dec 2012
LANDED..........
Sometime in March, April :-)
hi all
i did my medicals on 10th July
today they received in london i.e. 16th July
now waiting for next step
all d best to everyone
rgds
p

sterileinjection

Jul 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/08/2011
AOR Received.
11/11/2011
IELTS Request
sent
File Transfer...
16/01/2012
Med's Request
24/01/2012
Med's Done....
13/02/2012
Interview........
blank
Passport Req..
05/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
09/04/2012
LANDED..........
31/5/2012
art2012 said:
Thanks sterile injection,

we will b landing in toronto and i guess 3 mths is the min period for health card issuance .in the meantime i hv to arrange for pvt insurance.do u hv any info reg local( toronto) pvt Insurances.

Ur NOC says that u r either a pharmacist / MR and u hv already landed, i wish to kw wht r the OTC drugs,can anyone buy betadine range products,antihistamines,first line antibiotics,mild analgesics etc.

Tks and rgds,
Art.

you welcome Art.you need there antibiotics specially for throat infection and lower respiratory tract .best way is to take few doses of that.you should take azomax 250 caps pack of 6s,quantity depend on your family memebr.you can get otc drugs there like brufen,panadol,antihistamines(zyrtec,aerius,otrivin drops/spray)but i advise you to take some of them from here because that is expensive there.so take clarinase or cirrus tabs for adult with you. if you can tell about the ages of yr family memebr,i could help you better in selecting the types of medicine.by the way at 64th day of landing you will be eligibale for health card in onterio.i listen this this from a person there.
wish you all the best.

Zumy Loly

Jun 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2010
Doc's Request.
09-04-2010
AOR Received.
09-04-2010
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
13-04-2010
hondubai said:
I landed in Vancouver few days back and i might post later my complete experience; I just wanted to warn every one about the high treatment cost in Canada. Buying a medical insurance can't be overemphasized in provinces which need three months for medical card processing "such as BC".
The Captain was right; everyone should strongly consider having such a plan before landing. I say that because on our second day in Vancouver we had an unfortunate event; my wife and my daughter were injured in a car crash and were admitted to the hospital. They are allowed to leave the hospital now but the hospital bill was too expensive. I wish you all a safe landing.
Sorry to hear that .... May GOD be with U afterwards.... if U suffered that much in first visit; I hope Ur permanent stay in Canada will be good & Safe Inshaaallaha :)

abhihappy

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hondubai said:
- They didn't want to stamp my B4 at airport, Rather, I had to call to take an appointment. They also Jewellery type,weight, purity, composition and value.
- Since we are going to stay for less than 3 months, we have been asked to make the MSP "health card" later on, especially as I will be heading to Ontario the next visit. Nevertheless, we have to wait again for 3 month till we receive our cards. (In BC, we waith the rest of the landing month plus two more months)
- Medical insurance is necessary in the 3 month waiting period. Either pre-landing insurance (traveler insurance) or to purchase it from Canada. Check this for e.g http://www.bestquotetravelinsurance.ca/visitors-to-canada-insurance
that is strange, i landed at vancouver as well two weeks back and the officer stamped all my lists at the airport itself, infacts he scanned all the documents and put them on the system as well, i remember reading somewhere that some times customs officers are not on duty during late nights and during other times, and during these times they will not stamp the list and ask you to come back later. i guess it is better to take a flight which reached during daytime....

art2012

Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sterileinjection said:
art2012 said:
Thanks sterile injection,

we will b landing in toronto and i guess 3 mths is the min period for health card issuance .in the meantime i hv to arrange for pvt insurance.do u hv any info reg local( toronto) pvt Insurances.

Ur NOC says that u r either a pharmacist / MR and u hv already landed, i wish to kw wht r the OTC drugs,can anyone buy betadine range products,antihistamines,first line antibiotics,mild analgesics etc.

Tks and rgds,
Art.

you welcome Art.you need there antibiotics specially for throat infection and lower respiratory tract .best way is to take few doses of that.you should take azomax 250 caps pack of 6s,quantity depend on your family memebr.you can get otc drugs there like brufen,panadol,antihistamines(zyrtec,aerius,otrivin drops/spray)but i advise you to take some of them from here because that is expensive there.so take clarinase or cirrus tabs for adult with you. if you can tell about the ages of yr family memebr,i could help you better in selecting the types of medicine.by the way at 64th day of landing you will be eligibale for health card in onterio.i listen this this from a person there.
wish you all the best.

Hi sterileinjection,

Thanks again for all the information and wishes,i will definetely follow ur advise.i wish to take analgesics,antihistamines and atleast three diff antibiotics-- macrolides,cephalosporins and amoxy-clav but im perplexed reg prescription.do i hv to carry prescription for these drugs?u r suggesting six pacs,hw do i carry these, pls guide.

Wish u successful life in canada.

Tks & rgds,
Art

PA5510N

Oct 21, 2011
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2009
VISA ISSUED...
12-07-2013
LANDED..........
In Sha Allah on 03/09/2013
HI all,

by the Grace of Almighty Allah

today i have got request for updated docs along with the RPRF

my case was refused back in march and reopen on 13 July 2012

bestpal

Aug 5, 2010
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
0111 Financial Controller
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2009
Doc's Request.
14-01-2010
AOR Received.
2nd on 25-06-2010
IELTS Request
8 Bands
File Transfer...
20-01-2010
Med's Request
06-03-2012
Med's Done....
20-04-2012
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
30-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
PPs sent 05-11-2012! Visas stamped 15-11-2012 recd PPs back on 01-Dec-2012
LANDED..........
20 January 2013;,as God willed! Thank God for mercies!
PA5510N said:
HI all,

Congrats!

When God has willed it this way, then can dare obstruct the flow? Your case is worthy enough to INSPITE and motivate people! Enjoy and start doing the needful, ASAP :D

Best wishes!

Bestpal

PA5510N

Oct 21, 2011
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2009
VISA ISSUED...
12-07-2013
LANDED..........
In Sha Allah on 03/09/2013
bestpal said:
Congrats!

When God has willed it this way, then can dare obstruct the flow? Your case is worthy enough to INSPITE and motivate people! Enjoy and start doing the needful, ASAP :D

Best wishes!

Bestpal
thank you dear!! ;D

YoBoy

Feb 18, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottowa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2013
IELTS Request
not required
Med's Request
25-01-2014
Med's Done....
12-03-2014
Interview........
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
already in canada
I received rejection in may 2012 and after that my ecase was decision made.
Today I checked my ecase and it shows received by visa office.
I don't know what's going on

By the way I applied for temporary work permit in Abu dhabi on 5th July. May be they re open my file. Any comments pls ?

YoBoy

Feb 18, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottowa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2013
IELTS Request
not required
Med's Request
25-01-2014
Med's Done....
12-03-2014
Interview........
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
already in canada
That was lame excuse that my job duties does not match with the occupation requirements.
Though I have job offer now for same occupation ;)
And now applied for temporary work visa and waiting

glairlinez

Star Member
Jun 27, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PA5510N said:
HI all,

Congrats Bro.

Best wishes,

Glairlinez

OttoB

Jul 16, 2012
PA5510N said:
HI all,

Congratulations Bro!!!! Hope the Best in the Process, guess we will meet there sometime!!! Inshallah!

Otto

mats

Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2011
AOR Received.
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-03-2012
Passport Req..
Sent 19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
12-July-2012
I had similar experience at Vancouver.I have some gold in the GTF list and the officer at the immigration said I need to call a number.Can you share with me the number you called for appointment?

hondubai said:
- They didn't want to stamp my B4 at airport, rather, I had to call to take an appointment. They also asked for Jewellery type,weight, purity, composition and value.
- Since we are going to stay for less than 3 months, we have been asked to make the MSP "health card" later on, especially as I will be heading to Ontario the next visit. Nevertheless, we have to wait again for 3 month till we receive our cards. (In BC, we wait the rest of the landing month plus two more months)