"DUBAI APPLICANTS" **Let's Network & Get Connected**

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Ali78 said:
Searched this forum through google only. Since checking & going through websites takes time and sometimes its short here due to office routines etc so if someone has already done it on this forum than sharing is appreciated. Thanks though for your suggestion. When did you applied for the course? before PP request or after?
When you register, you have to give a confirmation that you either have the visa or a PPR or a MR. They will ask you for information on your intended destination, short and long term goals, qualifications, experience - basically that would cover most of the information about you. Once they have it, they will enroll you for a full day workshop followed by a one hour action plan session. During the full day session, they will tell you basics about Canada and what preparations should be done before arrival and what to do after arrival. My learning was that pre-arrival work is really critical in terms of assessing your language and educational credentials, checking out whether you need a licence to work or not, how to work towards acquiring it, upgrading your educational skills through a bridge course / internship among other things. They will give you a feel of what costs are like in different provinces, how to search for job opportunities. You should do a little homework in terms of identifying the province / city you would like to go to and this full session may help you change your mind if that is not suitable in term of your work profile.

From the Canadian Government's perspective, they want to encourage people to go to other places rather than just the usual suspects - Toronto / Vancouver and Montreal. At some point in time, in the not so distant future, life will get even tougher in these three places and the purpose of immigration will be defeated.

Also, I heard a very interesting story the other day - this is third hand information and I don't know the party involved. I was told about an immigrant family who upon acquiring citizenship moved to Dxb and have been here for over 5 years. Apparently they have been issued a notice by CIC to return or lose their citizenship. I have no way of verifying this but am certain that over the next few years, rules will be tightened even further.

parry1901

Mar 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2010
Med's Done....
1st nov 2013 & 20 march 2014 (new born)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Hi,
Generally what are the timings for the CIIP sessions in Dubai and how many hours in total is it? I trust it must be Free of Cost.

bcpnpnom

Jan 7, 2013
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2013
AOR Received.
April 05, 2013
Med's Request
May 7, 2013
Med's Done....
May 21, 2013
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
September 4, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 1, 2013
LANDED..........
in GOD's perfect time!!!
genona said:
hi, which airline are u going to book? emirates is soo expensive.
Booked wd Cathay Pacific...

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
parry1901 said:
Hi,
Generally what are the timings for the CIIP sessions in Dubai and how many hours in total is it? I trust it must be Free of Cost.
GO session from morning 09 to 06 PM whole day. general information for all the applicants.
MAP session next day for one hour only. this is specific one to one meeting with the CIIP officer who will guide you as per your experince

parry1901

Mar 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Thanks... is on weekends or weekdays...??

Ali78

Star Member
Apr 15, 2013
Canada
LANDED..........
20-Mar-2014
akbardxb said:
When you register, you have to give a confirmation that you either have the visa or a PPR or a MR. They will ask you for information on your intended destination, short and long term goals, qualifications, experience - basically that would cover most of the information about you. Once they have it, they will enroll you for a full day workshop followed by a one hour action plan session. During the full day session, they will tell you basics about Canada and what preparations should be done before arrival and what to do after arrival. My learning was that pre-arrival work is really critical in terms of assessing your language and educational credentials, checking out whether you need a licence to work or not, how to work towards acquiring it, upgrading your educational skills through a bridge course / internship among other things. They will give you a feel of what costs are like in different provinces, how to search for job opportunities. You should do a little homework in terms of identifying the province / city you would like to go to and this full session may help you change your mind if that is not suitable in term of your work profile.

From the Canadian Government's perspective, they want to encourage people to go to other places rather than just the usual suspects - Toronto / Vancouver and Montreal. At some point in time, in the not so distant future, life will get even tougher in these three places and the purpose of immigration will be defeated.

Also, I heard a very interesting story the other day - this is third hand information and I don't know the party involved. I was told about an immigrant family who upon acquiring citizenship moved to Dxb and have been here for over 5 years. Apparently they have been issued a notice by CIC to return or lose their citizenship. I have no way of verifying this but am certain that over the next few years, rules will be tightened even further.
Thanks for a brief & to the point summary. Looks like a must attend course/session. Although I am eligible due to medicals done but on a personal note, is it worth enrolling before PP request?

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Ali78 said:
Thanks for a brief & to the point summary. Looks like a must attend course/session. Although I am eligible due to medicals done but on a personal note, is it worth enrolling before PP request?
That's your call habibi. The earlier you start preparing the better, I would think.

edmonta

Nov 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
0711 & 9212
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-May-2010
Doc's Request.
30-sept-2010
AOR Received.
1st-30th Sept 2010,2nd-08th June 2011
IELTS Request
done-7 band
File Transfer...
dont know what is this..in process from 26 april 2012
Med's Request
19-July-2013
Med's Done....
30-July-2013,ECAS updated with Medicals received on 18-Aug-2013
Interview........
not been called for..
Passport Req..
19-July-13
VISA ISSUED...
On 4th October 2013
LANDED..........
July 2014
@akbardxb,
Tanks for all info. on CIIP.
I am AUH based and have registered for the next CIIP session online yesterday ,strangely I have not received any registration notification/number/notification nothing.
I filled up registration forms for me as well as for my spouse completely and when I clicked on done,I was expecting some sort of registration acknowledgement but didn't receive.Do you think registration has not been completed or I should wait for sometime ..
Regards,
Edmonta

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
edmonta said:
@ akbardxb,
I am AUH based and have registered for the next CIIP session online yesterday ,strangely I have not received any registration notification/number/notification nothing.
I filled up registration forms for me as well as for my spouse completely and when I clicked on done,I was expecting some sort of registration acknowledgement but didn't receive.Do you think registration has not been completed or I should wait for sometime ..
Regards,
Edmonta
Give it a day or two. They will get back to you. If you haven't heard from them, you can drop a line through contact us.

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
edmonta said:
@ akbardxb,
Regards,
Edmonta
edmonta
ciip confirmed for me on 16th March Saturday if ur date is the same kindly let me know we will go totgtehr from abu dhabi to dxb to attend ciip

parry1901

Mar 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
16th March is Sunday.

Ali78

Star Member
Apr 15, 2013
Canada
LANDED..........
20-Mar-2014
May be it means this:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t116764.0.html

hopeforfuture

Star Member
Jun 3, 2013
KSA
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 May 2010
Med's Request
22 April 2013
Med's Done....
medicals expired May 2014 extended till May 2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Feb 10,2015
LANDED..........
hopefully mid March
Hello all

I feel happy to all who got DM lately ,my prayer always include wishing everyone to get his visa soon.did anyone got DM or Medicals or anything from PVO recently?my medicals expires on 22nd april and still they replied to my ecas on 24/12/13 background still ongoing may take several months .really lost all my patience :( :( :(

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
akbardxb said:
Can someone explain what is PPR1 & PPR2 ?

I have read this in a number of posts here.

Tx
Does not apply to UAE. You will only get one PPR (Passport Request).

Regards,