+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"DUBAI APPLICANTS" **Let's Network & Get Connected**

qt

Mar 24, 2013
rizmayo said:
I landed last month.

Regards,
Hi Rizmayo,

I would like to ask if you managed to encounter/saw a SIN kiosk in the airport?

Also, was it a short landing?

Thanks!

SMSH

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Mississauga, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2010
Doc's Request.
19-10-2010
Nomination.....
19-10-2010
AOR Received.
11-06-2011
IELTS Request
11-06-2010
File Transfer...
11-06-2011
Med's Request
01-10-2013
Med's Done....
07-10-2013 valid until 09-07-2014
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
24-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-02-2014
LANDED..........
28-06-2014 Alhamdulillah
Vamp said:
proby , I have the same problem... my visa expires in april and I am lost between your same 3 options.... but how can we be sure regarding the 6 months issue.
I can't see anywhere that you can't live outside Canada for more than 6 months
So I assume that family which was returned from Canada Airport must be involved in some crime directly/indirectly and that could be the real reason for no entry and to save them from questioning they might have told people that they could not enter because there stayed outside Canada for more than 6 months....

Losing your permanent resident status - can be only two reasons below .....

Your permanent resident status can be taken away if:
•you do not live in Canada for two out of five years.
•you are convicted of a serious crime and told to leave Canada.

now open the below links for more details.....I think I am clear and there is no requirement to come back to Canada after 6 months like UAE residence Visa....

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/about-pr.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5445ETOC.asp#appendixA

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
qt said:
Hi Rizmayo,

I would like to ask if you managed to encounter/saw a SIN kiosk in the airport?

Also, was it a short landing?

Thanks!
Hi

Yes I got my SIN number at the airport and the card arrived in the mail after 2 weeks.

However please not the Service Canada counter that issues SIN numbers only works during regular office hours. My family arrived later on a Sunday and the counter was closed.

I had originally planned a short landing however, I have decided to stay on.

Regards,

honeyflower

Star Member
Jul 26, 2010
Dubai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All

We did our landing last May in Montreal and later traveled to Toronto and applied for our SIN number in Toronto.

My husband got his PR card by mail around August. They sent a letter saying they need different photographs of kids at the ones we gave wasn't complying photograph standard. We sent the new photographs immediately.

We however didn't hear from them since. My PR and our kids' PR cards are not sent to us. The covering letter with my husband's PR card has the address of Sydney, Nova Scotia office. Does anyone have phone number of this office? Can I call them and try to check the status of my PR card and kids' PR cards?

Any response is most appreciated.

Regards
Honey

dubaiite

May 3, 2011
canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
1-11-2012
LANDED..........
24-3-2013
honeyflower said:
Hello All

We did our landing last May in Montreal and later traveled to Toronto and applied for our SIN number in Toronto.

My husband got his PR card by mail around August. They sent a letter saying they need different photographs of kids at the ones we gave wasn't complying photograph standard. We sent the new photographs immediately.

We however didn't hear from them since. My PR and our kids' PR cards are not sent to us. The covering letter with my husband's PR card has the address of Sydney, Nova Scotia office. Does anyone have phone number of this office? Can I call them and try to check the status of my PR card and kids' PR cards?

Hiii U can try this .... ( Taken a post from settlement issues )

Guys this number works perfectly from any part of the world. 1-613-944-4000, but dial from a legal normal number, I tried it with my mobile number and it worked they responded very well and you can change address, ask status or any infomration. dial 1-613-944-4000 thne extension 1, 1, 2.

Hope it is helpful for all.

Any response is most appreciated.

Regards
Honey

ummi

Star Member
Mar 29, 2012
We did not receive PR card of my 5 year old kid along with full family.
Now i want to go again for settling,how my child can travel without PR card. is landing paper enough or embassy in UAE will provide with visa..any experience??

er2d2g

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
Burlington,ON Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2007
Med's Request
06-12-2011
Med's Done....
28-12-2011
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2012
LANDED..........
21-06-2012
SMSH said:
I can't see anywhere that you can't live outside Canada for more than 6 months
So I assume that family which was returned from Canada Airport must be involved in some crime directly/indirectly and that could be the real reason for no entry and to save them from questioning they might have told people that they could not enter because there stayed outside Canada for more than 6 months....

Losing your permanent resident status - can be only two reasons below .....

Your permanent resident status can be taken away if:
•you do not live in Canada for two out of five years.
•you are convicted of a serious crime and told to leave Canada.

now open the below links for more details.....I think I am clear and there is no requirement to come back to Canada after 6 months like UAE residence Visa....

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/about-pr.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5445ETOC.asp#appendixA
Hi all

completely agree with the above. There must have been something wrong in that particular case for CBSA to deny entry to people with valid PR cards for staying 6 months outside the country.Just to reiterate the law is clear 2 years out of 5 years to maintain your residency.

TC

er2d2g

qt

Mar 24, 2013
rizmayo said:
Hi

Yes I got my SIN number at the airport and the card arrived in the mail after 2 weeks.

However please not the Service Canada counter that issues SIN numbers only works during regular office hours. My family arrived later on a Sunday and the counter was closed.

I had originally planned a short landing however, I have decided to stay on.

Regards,
Hi Rizmayo,

Was the SIN Kiosk in T1 or T3?

Did the IO ask anything when you exited?Did he ask for your PR card?

thanks

rameel

Aug 6, 2009
Hello friends need ur help recently I got refusal letter from cic based on misunderstanding. I did try my best to clear my stance but a famous saying first impression is the last specially for cic people they have imposed A40(2)a on me. Please guide whether I can appeal or not in case yes then to whom I will write my appeal and under which section with complete address further my processing office is London, UK.

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
qt said:
Hi Rizmayo,

Was the SIN Kiosk in T1 or T3?

Did the IO ask anything when you exited?Did he ask for your PR card?

thanks
I landed at T1 in an emirates flight.

There is no immigration when you exit Canada (the same is the case for USA, UK and few other countries).

I know it seems strange for people living in the middle east, where we have to stand in long lines for immigration at entry and exit, but here immigration only happens when you enter the country.

Regards,

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
rameel said:
Hello friends need ur help recently I got refusal letter from cic based on misunderstanding. I did try my best to clear my stance but a famous saying first impression is the last specially for cic people they have imposed A40(2)a on me. Please guide whether I can appeal or not in case yes then to whom I will write my appeal and under which section with complete address further my processing office is London, UK.
Pardon my ignorance, but what is A40(2)a ?

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Hello !

Q1) The passport number on my current (new) passport is different from the one that I had mentioned in my application. Does this make a difference ? Should I attach the previous passport or not ?

Q2) Do I have to pay for a return courier ? I plan to use DHL ?

Please advise.

Thank you.

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
akbardxb said:
Hello !

Q1) The passport number on my current (new) passport is different from the one that I had mentioned in my application. Does this make a difference ? Should I attach the previous passport or not ?

Q2) Do I have to pay for a return courier ? I plan to use DHL ?

Please advise.

Thank you.
Makes no difference if you got your PPR. Only send the new one.

No you don't have to pay for a return courier now.. Aramex will bring back the passport once it is stamped and will charge you cash at the time of delivery (around AED 40, if I remember correctly).

I sent my passport through DHL, it was all good.

Regards,

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
rizmayo said:
Makes no difference if you got your PPR. Only send the new one.

No you don't have to pay for a return courier now.. Aramex will bring back the passport once it is stamped and will charge you cash at the time of delivery (around AED 40, if I remember correctly).

I sent my passport through DHL, it was all good.

Regards,
Tx Rizmayo. I wrote to LVO as well and they replied in super quick time. How long did it take you get your PPs back ? I travel frequently on work and am worried about being grounded for a few weeks ! I had the photos done today but they seemed a bit different from the specs mentioned. The kodak guys here printed pix with a white border although the specs in the letter say no border. Did you have any such issues ?

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
akbardxb said:
Tx Rizmayo. I wrote to LVO as well and they replied in super quick time. How long did it take you get your PPs back ? I travel frequently on work and am worried about being grounded for a few weeks ! I had the photos done today but they seemed a bit different from the specs mentioned. The kodak guys here printed pix with a white border although the specs in the letter say no border. Did you have any such issues ?
Yeah it will take a few weeks. The PPR letter you got probably says 6 weeks, however expect to get your passport no earlier then 3.5 weeks.

Yes I had issues with the photographs, but I gave back all the photographs and had the photographer measure the photographs (size of complete picture, head size in the picture, etc. as per the photo specs in PPR). It took them 3 tries to get it right. Did not charge me extra though, as it was their mistake.

All I can say is don't take the photographers word for it, do the measurement yourself. If you have the ability to print the photo specs on a transparency, it makes the job easier, just place the photo under the printed transparency and you can tell immediately if it is off by any chance.

Regards,