not-required
Passport Req..
13-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-08-2014
LANDED..........
01-04-2015
Dear 2013 Applicants

Anybody receiving call for an interview in Abu Dhabi? Please advice.

Regards

Abuelyas

Jan 31, 2009
Salalaha, Oman
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
08/07/2010
Med's Request
31/01/2012
Med's Done....
08/03/2012
Interview........
Exempted
LANDED..........
February 1st and Got PRC
Hello ALL Seniors,
Hello everybody,
I applied as Skilled Worker and was accepted through all the procedures you all know. I and my family did our landing on February the 1st, 2013 and got our PRCs. We stayed for three weeks and had to get back to where we are settled. For several reasons against our plans, we won't be able to go to Canada in the very near future. I DO know that for our PRCs to be valid, we need to stay in Canada for 730 days (at least). After all considerations, I discovered that I won't be able to settle in Canada for good until September 2017. This means I will have only 550 days left to stay in Canada. My question is:

1. Shall we be able to enter Canada when we have only this much time to live in Canada (less than 730 days)?
2. If yes, What will my situation and that of my family members be regarding the renewal of our PRCs?

I would be very grateful if you could help me out here? Kindly explain to me what I have to do, taking into consideration what I have stated above.
Thanking you in advance, please accept my best regards,

Abuelyas

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
Abuelyas said:
Hello ALL Seniors,
Hello everybody,
I applied as Skilled Worker and was accepted through all the procedures you all know. I and my family did our landing on February the 1st, 2013 and got our PRCs. We stayed for three weeks and had to get back to where we are settled. For several reasons against our plans, we won't be able to go to Canada in the very near future. I DO know that for our PRCs to be valid, we need to stay in Canada for 730 days (at least). After all considerations, I discovered that I won't be able to settle in Canada for good until September 2017. This means I will have only 550 days left to stay in Canada. My question is:

1. Shall we be able to enter Canada when we have only this much time to live in Canada (less than 730 days)?
2. If yes, What will my situation and that of my family members be regarding the renewal of our PRCs?

I would be very grateful if you could help me out here? Kindly explain to me what I have to do, taking into consideration what I have stated above.

Abuelyas
Hi

You have to stay in Canada for 2 years in a period of 5 years to renew your PR.

Before getting down to your issue, to clarify the right thing to do is to reapply for immigration in 2017, however let me just assure you that if you are already inside Canada even with 100 days left on your PR card expiry, you will not be kicked out of the country. You need to complete your 2 years inside Canada (with an expired PR) and than apply for PR renewal after 2 years are over. During this period you may not leave Canada for a single day (especially after the expiry date of the PR card).

Now from what I understand about your case; since you became a PR on Feb 1, 2013, your 5 year period ends on Jan 31, 2018. so if you move in September 2017, you will only have 4 months left (how did you calculate 550 days?) to complete your residency requirement. Now comes the real challenge, entering the country in Sept 2017. The immigration officer in Canada, may notice this and he can choose to report you to CIC, that you will not be able to fulfill your residency requirement. Once this investigation starts the outcome is unpredictable and depends on who gets your case. On the other hand the immigration officer might not notice this and just stamp your passport and say welcome back :)

To put yourself in good standing in Sept 2017, I can suggest (my opinion only) you do the following:
1. Buy some property in Canada (but only if you can afford it).
2. Declare your foreign income every year in your income tax return and pay at least a nominal tax amount in Canada.
3. Spend your vacations in Canada, perhaps leaving the family longer if you need to return home quickly due to job.

Hope this helps

Regards,

May2010applicant

May 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
April 2013
Passport Req..
January 2014
LANDED..........
January / February 2014
My advice to you is to apply for Australian immigration as soon as possible (as a backup to your plan). Obviously this is the case if your professional, financial and personal circumstances permit.

What rizmayo and you are saying about residency obligation is correct, but remember these are the current requirements. It is obvious now that Citizenship (including residency rules) will undergo significant changes during 2014 (news are available all over the Canadian papers / media). One of the most certain change will be to increase the residency requirement for Citizenship. Other rules will also be aimed at specifically making it difficult for the Citizens of Convenience to obtain Canadian Passport. Not trying to scare you but giving an honest opinion to the best of my knowledge and predictions of experts regarding proposed changes. Good luck and hoping for the best for all of us.

Abuelyas said:
Hello ALL Seniors,
Hello everybody,

Abuelyas

Samera

Jan 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-July-13
Med's Request
18-07-14
Med's Done....
24-07-14
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-08-14, submitted to ADVO 25th Aug
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Inshallah in December
Hi All
I am new to this forum.
If someone can advise me, as my passport & visa is expiring in September 2014, so Do I need to renew my passport & visa before receiving MR or wait.

NOC 2131
App. received date 2-July-14
PER received date 27-Oct-14

Thanks in advance

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
Samera said:
Hi All
I am new to this forum.
If someone can advise me, as my passport & visa is expiring in September 2014, so Do I need to renew my passport & visa before receiving MR or wait.

NOC 2131

Thanks in advance
Which visa are you talking about? UAE resident visa?

You can have it renewed at anytime, it needs to be valid for the medicals and definitely you should have it renewed before submitting it for visa stamping.

If you are in Dubai, I would advise you start the process of renewal as it will take a long time. Your old passport will only canceled when you go to pick up the new passport, till then it will remain valid. So if you get MR while your new passport is being processed, you can still go and get your meds done on the old passport (because it will be valid).

Regards,

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Samera said:
Hi All
I am new to this forum.

NOC 2131

Thanks in advance
Here's the exact quote from the passport specs :

"Passport Specifications

If any of the passports submitted do not meet the following specifications, all passports will be returned to you without visas. This delay will shorten the amount of time that you will have to travel to Canada to become a permanent resident.
1. All names and dates of birth must be printed in each passport in English or French.
2. The given name (first name) of the passport-holder must be clearly printed on the Given Name line of the biodata page of each passport. The surname (last name) of the passport-holder must be clearly printed on the Surname line of the biodata page of each passport. They should match your Updated Information Chart.
3. Your spouse must have their own passport. Your accompanying children should also each have their own passports.
4. Each passport must have at least two empty pages.
5. For your visas to have maximum validity, all passports should be valid for at least 12 months from the date of your medical examinations.
6. All passports must be intact and not worn, torn or otherwise damaged; the laminate on the biodata page must be securely attached. Each page must be securely affixed to the passport; there cannot be any loose pages. Ordinary passports are the only type of passport into which a permanent resident visa may be inserted. Diplomatic, official, special or other similar types of passports are NOT acceptable."

If you are from India, especially look out for point number 2, as I had to get my wife's PP corrected. Over the last few years, the Indian consulate in Dubai had been especially careless with my family's passports. My daughter's sex was written as male, my wife's family name was missing from my passport, her name was wrong in my daughter's passport, my father's name was incorrect in my passport ! Had to get all these fixed before sending. Immediately after the medical, double check your passports and get them fixed if some correction is required. Will save you time and you can send the PP next day on receiving the PPR.

er2d2g

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
Burlington,ON Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2007
Med's Request
06-12-2011
Med's Done....
28-12-2011
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2012
LANDED..........
21-06-2012
rizmayo said:
Hi

You have to stay in Canada for 2 years in a period of 5 years to renew your PR.

Before getting down to your issue, to clarify the right thing to do is to reapply for immigration in 2017, however let me just assure you that if you are already inside Canada even with 100 days left on your PR card expiry, you will not be kicked out of the country. You need to complete your 2 years inside Canada (with an expired PR) and than apply for PR renewal after 2 years are over. During this period you may not leave Canada for a single day (especially after the expiry date of the PR card).

Now from what I understand about your case; since you became a PR on Feb 1, 2013, your 5 year period ends on Jan 31, 2018. so if you move in September 2017, you will only have 4 months left (how did you calculate 550 days?) to complete your residency requirement. Now comes the real challenge, entering the country in Sept 2017. The immigration officer in Canada, may notice this and he can choose to report you to CIC, that you will not be able to fulfill your residency requirement. Once this investigation starts the outcome is unpredictable and depends on who gets your case. On the other hand the immigration officer might not notice this and just stamp your passport and say welcome back :)

To put yourself in good standing in Sept 2017, I can suggest (my opinion only) you do the following:
1. Buy some property in Canada (but only if you can afford it).
2. Declare your foreign income every year in your income tax return and pay at least a nominal tax amount in Canada.
3. Spend your vacations in Canada, perhaps leaving the family longer if you need to return home quickly due to job.

Hope this helps

Regards,
Hi abu

My 2 bits I think the other members have given you great advice but you should really reconsider your options before putting yourself in a difficult situation with regards to your residency. Rules can change anytime so don't take a risk. Keep in mind that you are one of the lucky few who got through and there are millions trying to get into Canada. The other problem is due to the large number of fraud cases applicants from Middle East are always under scrutiny. Once they start investigating your case you will go through a lot of hassle to maintain your PR status not t mention legal fees etc.
In my opinion you have the following choices
1. Best case scenario is to sort out your issues and come in after 3 years so you can meet the 730 days - which can be prolonged by taking yearly vacations ( all time spent in Canada in the 5 years is counted towards the 730 days)
2. Come in a few months before your PR card expires - an officer has to let you in even if you have not completed the 730 days as long as your PR card is valid - in this route your case will get investigated and you will have to go through the legal process and there is no guarantee that you will be successful -That said once you are a PR and have a PR card you do not go to an officer when you land here ( at least at the Pearson airport) i.e. you just scan your PR card through a machine and hand over the form to an officer and walk out _ I have done that twice after getting my PR card. I also know someone who has come here a week before his PR card was to expire and he is now working here. The drawback as rightly pointed by other members is that he can't renew his PR card and therefore cannot leave Canada for 2 years
3. you can also make it known to the government that you will not be able to meet residency on humanitarian grounds and they may allow you to stay out of the country for a longer period
Hope this helps you in some way
TC
er2d2g

Samera

Jan 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-July-13
Med's Request
18-07-14
Med's Done....
24-07-14
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Inshallah in December
rizmayo said:
Which visa are you talking about? UAE resident visa?

You can have it renewed at anytime, it needs to be valid for the medicals and definitely you should have it renewed before submitting it for visa stamping.

If you are in Dubai, I would advise you start the process of renewal as it will take a long time. Your old passport will only canceled when you go to pick up the new passport, till then it will remain valid. So if you get MR while your new passport is being processed, you can still go and get your meds done on the old passport (because it will be valid).

Regards,

Thanks for quick response

I am in Dubai with UAE residence visa

Is it possible to include my details on spreadsheet ?

sherdills

Star Member
Oct 26, 2013
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2013
Doc's Request.
Completed
Nomination.....
Completed
AOR Received.
Recieved
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
Completed
Med's Request
Completed
Med's Done....
05-08-2014
Interview........
not-required
Passport Req..
13-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-08-2014
LANDED..........
01-04-2015
akbardxb said:
Here's the exact quote from the passport specs :

"Passport Specifications

If any of the passports submitted do not meet the following specifications, all passports will be returned to you without visas. This delay will shorten the amount of time that you will have to travel to Canada to become a permanent resident.
1. All names and dates of birth must be printed in each passport in English or French.
2. The given name (first name) of the passport-holder must be clearly printed on the Given Name line of the biodata page of each passport. The surname (last name) of the passport-holder must be clearly printed on the Surname line of the biodata page of each passport. They should match your Updated Information Chart.
3. Your spouse must have their own passport. Your accompanying children should also each have their own passports.
4. Each passport must have at least two empty pages.
5. For your visas to have maximum validity, all passports should be valid for at least 12 months from the date of your medical examinations.
6. All passports must be intact and not worn, torn or otherwise damaged; the laminate on the biodata page must be securely attached. Each page must be securely affixed to the passport; there cannot be any loose pages. Ordinary passports are the only type of passport into which a permanent resident visa may be inserted. Diplomatic, official, special or other similar types of passports are NOT acceptable."

If you are from India, especially look out for point number 2, as I had to get my wife's PP corrected. Over the last few years, the Indian consulate in Dubai had been especially careless with my family's passports. My daughter's sex was written as male, my wife's family name was missing from my passport, her name was wrong in my daughter's passport, my father's name was incorrect in my passport ! Had to get all these fixed before sending. Immediately after the medical, double check your passports and get them fixed if some correction is required. Will save you time and you can send the PP next day on receiving the PPR.
Great information, its been great help.

Samera

Jan 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-July-13
Med's Request
18-07-14
Med's Done....
24-07-14
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Inshallah in December
Thanks for the complete info

Abuelyas

Jan 31, 2009
Salalaha, Oman
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
08/07/2010
Med's Request
31/01/2012
Med's Done....
08/03/2012
Interview........
Exempted
LANDED..........
February 1st and Got PRC
Dear Seniors rizmayo, May2010applicant and er2d2g,
Thank you so much for your serious concern and wise advice. I noted down ALL your valuable remarks and pieces of advice. However, I have a few inquiries, tough.
To rizmayo:
Suggestion #2: How can I calculate the tax on my yearly foreign income and on what basis? How do I proceed to do that, if ever?
To both rizmayo and er2d2g:
What if I am so unlucky when I attempt to re-enter Canada and I have LESS THAN 730 DAYS TO STAY and the officer reports me to CIC, would I be possibly able to renew my PR? What is the probable scenario?
I highly appreciate your help.
Please DO accept my best esteem and regards,
Abuelyas

shuaib

Dec 26, 2009
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2010
Doc's Request.
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
20-08-2010
File Transfer...
13-04-2010
Med's Request
Pending (6-12months letter received)
Friends,

Is there anyone who has paid for RPRF through Credit Card?

Though CC payment option is on CIC website, however, most threads that I went through this forum says "NO" to CC payment and suggest to pay by DD.

Please let me know if anyone used CC instead of DD.

Regards,

Shuaib

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
Abuelyas said:
Dear Seniors rizmayo, May2010applicant and er2d2g,
Thank you so much for your serious concern and wise advice. I noted down ALL your valuable remarks and pieces of advice. However, I have a few inquiries, tough.
To rizmayo:
Suggestion #2: How can I calculate the tax on my yearly foreign income and on what basis? How do I proceed to do that, if ever?
To both rizmayo and er2d2g:
What if I am so unlucky when I attempt to re-enter Canada and I have LESS THAN 730 DAYS TO STAY and the officer reports me to CIC, would I be possibly able to renew my PR? What is the probable scenario?
I highly appreciate your help.
Please DO accept my best esteem and regards,
Abuelyas
Hello,

For taxation, read through this http://travel.gc.ca/travelling/living-abroad/taxation . Remember you are trying to show that you have at least Secondary residential ties to Canada. There are many websites that can help you calculate how much tax you need to pay in Canada.

Like the other members have pointed out, the rules may change at anytime. However for now, if you are reported you will have to go through tedious process of trying to convince CIC that you now fully intend to complete your 730 days without leaving the country and you have significant funds to last you through the 2 year period. The fact that you have been paying Canadian income tax will for all these years will greatly help to show how serious you are about making Canada your permanent home. It would probably be best to hire a lawyer at that time. However you will still be allowed to live in Canada till CIC makes a ruling on your case.

Regards,

Rahul Dutta

Star Member
Nov 20, 2009
Chandigarh, Punjab, India
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
Med's Request
19-10-2013