+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"DUBAI APPLICANTS" **Let's Network & Get Connected**

Prav

Star Member
Aug 16, 2012
I am on the same boat of waiting. Even your dates and my dates are same. Comparing Pooja's case, I think we need to wait till January 7. 8)
Prav

vibbsfadn said:
Hi!

Anyone here who sent their passport in the last week of Nov 2012 and has received them from LVO?
We sent on 25th and was received on 26th Nov.

The wait is getting to me... :(

abdbassam

Star Member
Nov 9, 2009
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
Doc's Request.
April 2010
AOR Received.
15/07/2010
Med's Request
Oct-09-2012
Med's Done....
Nov-10-2012 re-medical Jun 6 2014
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
PPR1 LVO Jun 23 PPR2 Abu Dhabi Jul 14 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Received on Jul 29th dated on Jul 7th
LANDED..........
planned on 18th Aug
ramzy2277 said:
Abdbassam,
First good luck this time,second can u plz elaporate what u done exactly, i think i will have same issue as urs,is it ur firstbtimebto send bank draft throughb adcb,how u make payement firt time for ur application fees if may i ask.......i am worried as i sent a bank draft to lvo, through dubai islamic bank payable to the reciver generalnfor canada,only my full name was shown on the bank draft, on the the draft itself tyrre is a name of canadian bank in toronto where the money can cashed as i understood from the teller.....previously i used to send bank draft from alfardan exchange now they stopped.
I did a bank draft but that was returned. I do not know why that happened? Also ADCB did not explain to me why it is returned; the bank said that they did not understand the reason!!!
LVO send me a letter and attached the returned draft to me.
They informed me that they will accept a direct deposit this time to solve the issue quickly.
Anyhow if you did send the draft the only thing you can do is to wait, you can ask your bank if the draft is incashed. A lot of people in this form did the same and i did not see a similar issue. I hope your case will go fine.

er2d2g

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
Burlington,ON Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2007
Med's Request
06-12-2011
Med's Done....
28-12-2011
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2012
LANDED..........
21-06-2012
dyaan said:
Hi guys ,
i am holding an Indian Passport with a valid UAE Visa. I am planning my first landing to CANADA in APRIL/MAy 2013.
do i need a UK transit Visa , if i travel from by American Airlines Abu Dhabi - Heathrow - toronto..

In addtion , can someone share if early April is a good time to visit toronto.

dyaan
Hi dyaan

Just a piece of advice - You need to make sure you have enough time for a connection 3-4 hours cause if you are changing terminals generally the security check is miserable and the staff are exceptionally rude ( I had a bad experience when my daughter had carried some water to drink from the plane and was literally screamed at by the officer till I threatened to file an official complaint). Also they generally have a special check before you board for all passengers coming in from the Middle East ( while its random you soon realise most of the people n the random line were with you in the plane earlier)

I have since stopped taking flights via UK but that's just a personal choice

I would like to wish you all the best and would be glad to help with any questions on landing ( we did ours in June 2012)

Take care

er2d2g

er2d2g

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
Burlington,ON Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2007
Med's Request
06-12-2011
Med's Done....
28-12-2011
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2012
LANDED..........
21-06-2012
bestpal said:
Dear Captain Sahib & All friends,

With the Grace of Almighty God, just received our PPR by email. :) A Million thanks to God for the favour!

Heartiest thanks to all well wishers and friends for the unflinching support, good wishes and constant prayers!

May God fulfill your dreams too and bring you happiness.

Best Wishes,

Bestpal

Congrats

anpudan

Star Member
May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2009
Doc's Request.
20-01-2010
AOR Received.
06-07-2010
Med's Request
14-03-2012
Med's Done....
14-05-2012
Interview........
looks like waived
Passport Req..
13-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-01-2013
LANDED..........
March 2013
er2d2g said:
Hi dyaan

Just a piece of advice - You need to make sure you have enough time for a connection 3-4 hours cause if you are changing terminals generally the security check is miserable and the staff are exceptionally rude ( I had a bad experience when my daughter had carried some water to drink from the plane and was literally screamed at by the officer till I threatened to file an official complaint). Also they generally have a special check before you board for all passengers coming in from the Middle East ( while its random you soon realise most of the people n the random line were with you in the plane earlier)

I have since stopped taking flights via UK but that's just a personal choice

I would like to wish you all the best and would be glad to help with any questions on landing ( we did ours in June 2012)

Take care

er2d2g

Hi

It is really a good post. I'm residing in Bahrain. I think it is better to take the direct flight from Dubai or Abu Dhabi to Toronto... Could you just share your thoughts...

Can you also share your landing experience? Is it advisable to resign the job and go at once?

Regards

Anpudan

kur761

Feb 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
PILLOT OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-09-2007
Doc's Request.
11-03-2010
AOR Received.
22-10-2007
IELTS Request
11-03-2010
File Transfer...
11-03-2010
Med's Request
14-07-2011
Med's Done....
19-07-2011 & CHC London office rvd. on 25-07-2011
Interview........
Waive
Passport Req..
PPR RVD ON 08-03-2012 PPs. SENT 12/03/12 CHC RVD 13/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
Status has been changed to "DM" & Canadian address has also been updated.
LANDED..........
11-06-2012
Hi members,

I M planning to fly next year to Calgary INSHAA ALLAH and got good fare from Qatar airline. I waana ask you which airline is better from Montreal to Calgary i.e AC or WJ. Although I had experience with AC when I was landing @ Toronto airport from London this June and really we didn't enjoy our travelling because of roud behaviour of crew.

Can anyone share your experience with WJ which helps in making my decision with AC or WJ.

Regards,

er2d2g

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
Burlington,ON Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2007
Med's Request
06-12-2011
Med's Done....
28-12-2011
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2012
LANDED..........
21-06-2012
Hi Anpudan

Taking the direct flight from Dxb or Adh is a good option if you fly during off peak season i.e. not during 1-2 months before Xmas or during the summer. We are a family of 4 and I had to look at the via option as the direct flight option would have cost be almost CAD$ 1500 additional.

I'm putting down my landing exp again for your benefit - I have also added a ost recently with some important sites you should start looking at

WWW.cic.gc.ca - It has a wealth of info and keeps getting pdated regularly - this should be a must read everyday
www.servicecanada.gc.ca - again great site to help you with information
www.serviceontario.ca - Will help you opening your D/L file
www.nofeebanking.ca - information on the Canadain banking system

In terms of whether you should resign and go the decision is entirely yours - there are pros and cons for both
If you resign you go there early and get into the system faster but if you don't have the financials to suport you and you are not willing to take up odd jobs till you get something in your field it might be a a difficult time before you settle down
If you don't resign yo can come back to your job and save some more for the initil struggele but this means you get a late start compared to others who decide to make the move earlier
Again your decision

We flew Swiss Air from DXB via Zurich. The halt at Zurich was for 6 hours but thanx to to the connecting Air Canada flight ( code share with Swiss) we got delayed by another 2 hours (I heard from friends that Air Canada getting delayed is a normal thing). Both the flights were good.
I landed in Toronto in the last week of June with my wife and 2 daughters.
The lady there actually asked me if I had a job - when I said no she asked me if I planned to look for one. I smiled and said "Yes first thing tomorrow"
We were then sent to a waiting area where we submitted our Passports and COPR.
The "landing" process took only 5 mins but with the wait times made it like 1/2 an hour.
We landed on a Friday so took time on Saturday and Sunday to familiarize ourselves with the TTC. Thats the public transport system which operates Trains,Buses and Streetcars(Trams)
For all those people who are planning to land soon do visit -
www.ttc.ca
- great resource for information on the public transport in Toronto and it also helps you plan your trips
We visited a couple of malls bought groceries and got a general feel of the place.
We stayed at furnished apts at Sheppard and Yonge
The great thing about this location is there was a mini mall across the road with a Tim Hortons - so the days when we were not making Bfast at home we ate there. The basement of the mall had the Sheppard TTC station so all we had to do was cross the road.
First thing on Monday morning we applied for our SIN cards - again the location helped since we were walking distance from a Service Canada - took about 30 mins filled a form and we received our SIN numbers on the spot although the actual cards come in the mail later
We then went across to a Drive Test centre to open our driving files - both my wife and me had our experience letters from Dubai so we were immediately eligible for applying for a roadtest after our written test
I'm sure most of you have the driving experience but you should buy the Drivers handbook and study before you give the G1 written test
Also do practice on
www.apnatoronto.com - great resource again
The moment you pass you should apply for a road test date - I appeared for the G2 and passed - G will e the next time I visit which will be when we move permanently
After this we went to TD bank and opened our various accounts and applied for our credit cards
In case you have missed it earlier in the forum make sure you apply for the credit card even if you need to set aside some money as guarantee as its very important to start building your credit history in canada
This will help in the future when you want to buy a house and get mortgage from the bank
After this we were tourists and saw most of the touristy things - CN Tower, Niagara, Museum,Zoo,Science Centre, Malls etc.
We met a couple of friends and got their feedback on life in Canada as well
Overall it was a wonderful experience
People were friendly
The only drawback of the trip was it was really hot - 35 deg C and it hardly rained while we were there
We started our journey in May 2007 so it was a long time but it was worth the wait.
Hope this experience helps
I'm happy to answer any questions people might have based on our time there to the best of my ability - for the answers I don't know I will always refer you to the seniors
We are back in Dubai and planning for our permanent move
All the best
er2d2g

lylas

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
pooja82 said:
Hi guys

I got my Passport back with Visa n COPR, for myself n family

It jus came in the evening........no call, nothing

M so glad..............stamp date is 10th Dec

so happyyyyyy

Thank you all

warm regards

P
Congrats!

anpudan

Star Member
May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2009
Doc's Request.
20-01-2010
AOR Received.
06-07-2010
Med's Request
14-03-2012
Med's Done....
14-05-2012
Interview........
looks like waived
Passport Req..
13-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-01-2013
LANDED..........
March 2013
er2d2g said:
Hi Anpudan

Taking the direct flight from Dxb or Adh is a good option if you fly during off peak season i.e. not during 1-2 months before Xmas or during the summer. We are a family of 4 and I had to look at the via option as the direct flight option would have cost be almost CAD$ 1500 additional.

I'm putting down my landing exp again for your benefit - I have also added a ost recently with some important sites you should start looking at

WWW.cic.gc.ca - It has a wealth of info and keeps getting pdated regularly - this should be a must read everyday

In terms of whether you should resign and go the decision is entirely yours - there are pros and cons for both
If you resign you go there early and get into the system faster but if you don't have the financials to suport you and you are not willing to take up odd jobs till you get something in your field it might be a a difficult time before you settle down
If you don't resign yo can come back to your job and save some more for the initil struggele but this means you get a late start compared to others who decide to make the move earlier
Again your decision

We flew Swiss Air from DXB via Zurich. The halt at Zurich was for 6 hours but thanx to to the connecting Air Canada flight ( code share with Swiss) we got delayed by another 2 hours (I heard from friends that Air Canada getting delayed is a normal thing). Both the flights were good.
The lady there actually asked me if I had a job - when I said no she asked me if I planned to look for one. I smiled and said "Yes first thing tomorrow"
The "landing" process took only 5 mins but with the wait times made it like 1/2 an hour.
We landed on a Friday so took time on Saturday and Sunday to familiarize ourselves with the TTC. Thats the public transport system which operates Trains,Buses and Streetcars(Trams)
www.ttc.ca
- great resource for information on the public transport in Toronto and it also helps you plan your trips
We visited a couple of malls bought groceries and got a general feel of the place.
The great thing about this location is there was a mini mall across the road with a Tim Hortons - so the days when we were not making Bfast at home we ate there. The basement of the mall had the Sheppard TTC station so all we had to do was cross the road.
First thing on Monday morning we applied for our SIN cards - again the location helped since we were walking distance from a Service Canada - took about 30 mins filled a form and we received our SIN numbers on the spot although the actual cards come in the mail later
We then went across to a Drive Test centre to open our driving files - both my wife and me had our experience letters from Dubai so we were immediately eligible for applying for a roadtest after our written test
I'm sure most of you have the driving experience but you should buy the Drivers handbook and study before you give the G1 written test
Also do practice on
The moment you pass you should apply for a road test date - I appeared for the G2 and passed - G will e the next time I visit which will be when we move permanently
After this we went to TD bank and opened our various accounts and applied for our credit cards
In case you have missed it earlier in the forum make sure you apply for the credit card even if you need to set aside some money as guarantee as its very important to start building your credit history in canada
This will help in the future when you want to buy a house and get mortgage from the bank
After this we were tourists and saw most of the touristy things - CN Tower, Niagara, Museum,Zoo,Science Centre, Malls etc.
People were friendly
The only drawback of the trip was it was really hot - 35 deg C and it hardly rained while we were there
We started our journey in May 2007 so it was a long time but it was worth the wait.
I'm happy to answer any questions people might have based on our time there to the best of my ability - for the answers I don't know I will always refer you to the seniors
All the best
er2d2g
Hello er2d2g,

Many thanks for your post. It is really excellent and very informative.

Very rarely we find the good people like you in this earth....If you are a finance professional pls let me know. I have couple of contacts in toronto to help you, in case if required...

God bless you and your family....

Best regards,
Anpudan

vibbsfadn

Star Member
Jan 29, 2012
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2011
Doc's Request.
14-02-2012
AOR Received.
14-02-2012
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
14-02-2012
Med's Request
22-08-2012
Med's Done....
27-09-2012
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
20-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-01-2013
LANDED..........
08-09-2013
er2d2g said:
Hi Anpudan

Again your decision

www.ttc.ca
Also do practice on
People were friendly
All the best
er2d2g

Awesome post. Very useful information.
Thanks a lot for this.

Regards

Vibhav

Canada_4Ever

Star Member
Oct 24, 2012
Sharjah,United Arab Emirates
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2010
Doc's Request.
05-09-2010
AOR Received.
23-07-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with File
File Transfer...
28-07-2010
Med's Request
22-11-2012
Med's Done....
26-11-2012
Interview........
waived-Alhumdulillah
Passport Req..
19-12-2012 Alhumdulillah PP sent on 25th Dec.
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2013
LANDED..........
Inshallah soon when Allah willing.....
Hello friends and seniors,

Any idea if CHC London is working today and tomorrow i.e 27th, 28th Dec ? so if they are working for these two days so hope to have some progress on our cases otherwise till 2nd of 2013 we should plan to keep our heads away from Laptops !!!

;D

anpudan

Star Member
May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2009
Doc's Request.
20-01-2010
AOR Received.
06-07-2010
Med's Request
14-03-2012
Med's Done....
14-05-2012
Interview........
looks like waived
Passport Req..
13-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-01-2013
LANDED..........
March 2013
Canada_4Ever said:

Any idea if CHC London is working today and tomorrow i.e 27th, 28th Dec ? so if they are working for these two days so hope to have some progress on our cases otherwise till 2nd of 2013 we should plan to keep our heads away from Laptops !!!

;D
Hi,
What is your e-case status?

Canada_4Ever

Star Member
Oct 24, 2012
Sharjah,United Arab Emirates
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2010
Doc's Request.
05-09-2010
AOR Received.
23-07-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with File
File Transfer...
28-07-2010
Med's Request
22-11-2012
Med's Done....
26-11-2012
Interview........
waived-Alhumdulillah
Passport Req..
19-12-2012 Alhumdulillah PP sent on 25th Dec.
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2013
LANDED..........
Inshallah soon when Allah willing.....
same "in Process" nothing new ! :(

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Canada_4Ever said:

;D
Yes they r. Here's their Stat-Holidays Calendar:
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/atlanta/offices-bureaux/holidays-feries.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

emceemouli

Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
Yes they r. Here's their Stat-Holidays Calendar:
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/atlanta/offices-bureaux/holidays-feries.aspx?lang=eng&view=d
Hi

I have created the following website to help New and Existing Canada Immigrants to find all the information they need in a single location. Please do let me know what information I can add to this site to make it more useful.

https://sites.google.com/site/newcanadianimmigrants/

Please feel free to check it

Thanks
Chandra