Exempted
Passport Req..
20-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-01-2013
LANDED..........
08-09-2013
Hi!

Anyone here who sent their passport in the last week of Nov 2012 and has received them from LVO?
We sent on 25th and was received on 26th Nov.

The wait is getting to me... :(

mikcanada

Star Member
Mar 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2011
File Transfer...
may 2011
Med's Request
august 2011,Remedicals request oct12
Med's Done....
sept 2011,Nov.12
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28 Jan 2013 Alhamdolillah,ppr2 19 feb 2013 Allah ka shukar
VISA ISSUED...
28 feb. 2013 shukar Alhamdolillah
LANDED..........
Inshallah immidiately after visa
jakwi said:
Dear All,

Good to hear the news at last for FSWP.

I wanted to know that I have IELTS which is going to expire on oct -2013, so is it acceptable if I apply with this IELTS.

And one more thing I want to know that what is the meaning of this Statement "First, applicants will have to demonstrate that they meet the minimum language threshold, which is level 7 of the Canadian Language Benchmark assessment system. "
Does it mean that Ilets 7 BAND is the minimum requirement.

Regards
Waqas
yes you are good to go with the ielts valid at the time of application

ramzy2277

Dec 21, 2011
Hi all,

I made a mistake in filling the clinical form for my medical tests,actually the name is same as showing on passport but it was matter of orginising the first second and family nanmes in the family and given name boxes, i told the doc and she suggested to used whitter or corrector and write the correct order of names then sign on top of the names which i did.....is that ok or will i face problems with lvo plz advice i am so worried it might affect the results of medicals

Sainamo

Dec 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2010
AOR Received.
16-02-2011
Med's Request
6-12-2012
Med's Done....
30-12-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2013
LANDED..........
August 2013
Siawo said:
It's been a while since I logged on here. On August 23 2012, I arrived in Toronto with my family after quitting my job in Abu Dhabi and cancelling my residence visa there... I started visiting the Welcome Center in Mississauga and attended the seminars they offer on Resume Writing, Writing Cover Letters, Interviewing Etiquette, Tips on giving interviews on-line, how to dress for the winter, etc.

I listened carefully at what they were advising and modified my resume accordingly. Being an engineer, I was not limiting myself to Toronto. Where ever there was a job add I would apply. I kept a detailed log of my applications because I would modify my resume according to the add. I would add "Key Words" used in the adds to my resume. I also removed all references to countries I had gained my experience in. I would describe the projects, the role and my achievements during my employment. In the interview when the location of the project would come up I would say, "Do you know where the tallest building in the worlds is located, the worlds first indoor ski resort, etc." and then I would tell them that I was working in the same country where those wonders are.

By the middle of September, I started getting phone calls and by the end of the month two employers had asked me for a second interview. I got my first job offer on October 10 from SNC Lavalin as a Project Quality Manager based in Calgary and I jumped at it. I have been working here for the last two months and its the same old stuff that we did in UAE except your responsibilities are a lot more defined and you end up doing much less in terms of scope of the job.

People, If you are in engineering or oil and gas related fiels do not waste your time in Toronto. Come to Calgary or Edmonton. There are lots of jobs here. I am working at the same position as I was in Abu Dhabi at almost the same pay (after taxes). Toronto is really nice place but there are a few jobs and the competition for those jobs is fierce!

Good luck!
Siawo,

Excellent and encouraging post. Your story is a welcome change from the generally gloomy posts about the job situation in Canada that one comes across in the forum. The most imp. lesson was to take advantage of the government assistance for employment readyness and also the relevant changes in your resume, especially removing the country of experience. What did you do about education? Didn't you have to specify the institutes/country of education?

Also, for banking, do you still think Calgary/Edmonton is the choice or would it be Toronto?

All the best in your job and take care.

Sainamo

SAYEK

Star Member
Mar 30, 2011
humsafar said:
Hi Sayek, Thanks for you informative post. do you have any ide about jobs in insurance or insurance related fields, which city is suitable, I have heard Toronto, because most of insurance companies are based in Toronto.
Thanks

Thanks for your query. I'm not very well conversant about different tracks of Insurance
products, market and qualification, but came to know from Insurance companies' job fair and seminar that the accredited qualification is Life License Qualification Program (LLQP)> (LLQP) exam. <<This certification will create the opportunity for the financial professional seeking to build expertise in insurance, Plz go through the below CSI site & google for best insurnace companies in canada:
https://www.csi.ca/student/en_ca/courses/pdf/insurance_brochure.pdf>> However, before you write your LLQP Exam you need to pass fast track Candanian Insurance Course (CIC) what could be relatively easier for you to pass if you are from Insurance Background and have worked as Insurance Adjuster/Sales agent/Commission Disbursement Manager, etc.

In my personal opinion, Calgary and Edmonton are best for insurance jobs, as Toronto Market is already saturated. Please get more opinions from expert people who are working in Insurance companies.

Thanks & regards,

Sayek.

ahmad305

Oct 18, 2009
Hi to all,

Can you help me in order to update my timeline since I was checking the same in my profile but I was not able to add it.

Please let me know, Thanks in advance.

Regards,,,

humsafar

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial application
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS 19-10-2011
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
25-08-2012 received in London 31-08-2012
SAYEK said:
Thanks for your query. I'm not very well conversant about different tracks of Insurance
products, market and qualification, but came to know from Insurance companies' job fair and seminar that the accredited qualification is Life License Qualification Program (LLQP)> (LLQP) exam. <<This certification will create the opportunity for the financial professional seeking to build expertise in insurance, Plz go through the below CSI site & google for best insurnace companies in canada:
https://www.csi.ca/student/en_ca/courses/pdf/insurance_brochure.pdf>> However, before you write your LLQP Exam you need to pass fast track Candanian Insurance Course (CIC) what could be relatively easier for you to pass if you are from Insurance Background and have worked as Insurance Adjuster/Sales agent/Commission Disbursement Manager, etc.

In my personal opinion, Calgary and Edmonton are best for insurance jobs, as Toronto Market is already saturated. Please get more opinions from expert people who are working in Insurance companies.

Thanks & regards,

Sayek.

Hi Sayek, Thanks for your reply, I have been trying to find the landed insurance immigrants for their views and experience but unfortunately they are almost NIL on this forum and those who are do not participate regularly.

I have already started studying the general insurance course on distance learning basis, hope I will be able to secure some job on the basis of in process insurance course.

pooja82

Oct 10, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2009
Doc's Request.
05-02-2010
AOR Received.
27-04-2010
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
In Process
Med's Request
22-06-2012 (received 2nd July 2012)
Med's Done....
10-07-2012 (received by CHC London 16th July 2012)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31st Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
10th Dec 2012
LANDED..........
Sometime in March, April :-)
Hi guys

I got my Passport back with Visa n COPR, for myself n family

It jus came in the evening........no call, nothing

M so glad..............stamp date is 10th Dec

so happyyyyyy

Thank you all

warm regards

P

glairlinez

Star Member
Jun 27, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pooja82 said:
Hi guys

so happyyyyyy

Thank you all

warm regards

P
Congrats...

humsafar

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS 19-10-2011
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
25-08-2012 received in London 31-08-2012
pooja82 said:
Hi guys

so happyyyyyy

Thank you all

warm regards

P

Many Conratulations

SamySam

Dec 22, 2012
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
31-10-2012 / Sent on 18-11-2012 / LVO received 20-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2012
LANDED..........
21-01-2013
pooja82 said:
Hi guys

so happyyyyyy

Thank you all

warm regards

P

Congrats Pooja82

Were ur PPs sent by Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi ? When we're they couriered & any idea when were they received in Abu Dhabi?

Thanks for letting us know & all the best.

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/04/2009
Merry Christmas everybody :)

er2d2g

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
Burlington,ON Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2007
Med's Request
06-12-2011
Med's Done....
28-12-2011
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2012
LANDED..........
21-06-2012
pooja82 said:
Hi guys

so happyyyyyy

Thank you all

warm regards

P
Congrats

abdbassam

Star Member
Nov 9, 2009
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
Doc's Request.
April 2010
AOR Received.
15/07/2010
Med's Request
Oct-09-2012
Med's Done....
Nov-10-2012 re-medical Jun 6 2014
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
PPR1 LVO Jun 23 PPR2 Abu Dhabi Jul 14 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Received on Jul 29th dated on Jul 7th
LANDED..........
planned on 18th Aug
Got an mail today's rom LVO, asking me to do an online direct deposit on the bank acct that they specified for the RPRF..the email says that my bank draft has been returned for the reason of " domocile required"

How can we do an online direct deposit from Dubai?