Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
penpal said:
Hi Qorax,

It seems nowadays the exchange houses in Dubai hv stopped issuing canadian dollar draft.And certain banks which issue the draft are insisting that one should be an account holder for any issue of draft.Secondly as the whole world knows that the bank rate is not competitive.So i was thinking of transferring the Dirhams into Indian rupees and send it to India and maybe from there i can get a draft and few cash dollars .What is your view on this.

Thanks
Don't take that hassle. Drafts r still being offered by Al Fardan Exchange. They still have their tie-up with BMO & once u deposit the draft here (in any bank) it's taking about 4-7 days to credit in our a/c. Mine got transferred in 4days. I'm with TD Bank.

Few days back one of our Dubai2Canada group member landed... He too obtained his draft from Al Fardan. This was obtained about (the draft) first week of this month -Jul2010.

If u desire & can, visit Al Fardan Exchange -Deira Branch. U may meet the Asst. Branch Manager -Mr. Ashraf. He's is known to me, as I did all my transactions thru them, even continue to do my wire transfers from them, every month. U may refer me & he'd offer u some fab exchange rates as well.

Qorax

penpal

Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0111/1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Planning in Autumn of 2010
qorax said:
Don't take that hassle. Drafts r still being offered by Al Fardan Exchange. They still have their tie-up with BMO & once u deposit the draft here (in any bank) it's taking about 4-7 days to credit in our a/c. Mine got transferred in 4days. I'm with TD Bank.

Few days back one of our Dubai2Canada group member landed... He too obtained his draft from Al Fardan. This was obtained about (the draft) first week of this month -Jul2010.

If u desire & can, visit Al Fardan Exchange -Deira Branch. U may meet the Asst. Branch Manager -Mr. Ashraf. He's is known to me, as I did all my transactions thru them, even continue to do my wire transfers from them, every month. U may refer me & he'd offer u some fab exchange rates as well.

Qorax
Hi Qorax,

You are fabulous.As usual great advice and thanks for your reference.Another thing should i get the D.D.from the Emirates Bank or Al Fardan Exchange.I have an account with Emirates Bank and they are willing to provide me draft,but i do not know the exchange rates.Which should i prefer keeping in abeyance the exchange rate.

Thanks

satish_lkb

Nov 1, 2009
Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2009
Doc's Request.
16-12-2009
AOR Received.
26-01-2010
File Transfer...
16-12-2009
Med's Request
20-08-2010
Med's Done....
15-09-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
18-01-2011 Decision made 08-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2011
LANDED..........
08-07-2011
Dear Dubai friends (Middle East applicants)

Is anyone as per your info who submitted full docs to London during Jan 2010 got changed their Ecas to "in process"??

I sent full docs to London during first week of Jan.... and my status is still "Received by visa office" only.

Last month I sent Case Specific Inquiry and got reply stating "Your case is in process or to be reviewed by a case officer".... means they also don't know whats the position now!!

Satish

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
penpal said:
Hi Qorax,

You are fabulous.As usual great advice and thanks for your reference.Another thing should i get the D.D.from the Emirates Bank or Al Fardan Exchange.I have an account with Emirates Bank and they are willing to provide me draft,but i do not know the exchange rates.Which should i prefer keeping in abeyance the exchange rate.

Thanks
Any source of obtaining the Forex Draft is perfectly fine. However, banks tend to offer us a tad lower exchange rate, while the Forex Houses always better it.

Qorax

Jenner

Star Member
Apr 4, 2010
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2009
Doc's Request.
03-06-2009
File Transfer...
19-9-2009
Med's Request
16-02-2012
Med's Done....
March/April 2012
Interview........
October 2010
Passport Req..
Rcvd thru e-mail on 14-08-2012, DM on 26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-09-2012 received 27-09-2012
qorax said:
U r mixing-up between 2 kinds on interview, the B/ground Check Interview & the Security Interview.

The b/g int can be called for anytime during our case processing. Typically when the VO has some questions on the our Edn, Exp, Marriage, Authenticity of some Certs etc.

While, the Security Int would generally be called after the Meds, or sometimes after our Pps reach the CHC -post our PPR.

In your case is surely seems to be a b/ground check interview.

Qorax
Thanks Qorax for a beautifully put reply. This is highly unusual for waiting longer than expected, I am keeping the faith more firmly as days goes by. I do have some doubts at times, but this forum encourages me to hold on and hoping that things will fall into places soon. Best of luck for all of us! God Bless.

bijupv007

Champion Member
Jul 19, 2010
Edmonton
AOR Received.
2nd 17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
APR 2011
LANDED..........
AUG 2011 - Not On My Merits But On His Grace
penpal said:
Hi Qorax,

Thanks
hi penpal

Its better to take DD from Al FArdhan exchange there rates are better and DD commi is only DHs 10.... .....Good luck ,,,,,,,,,,,Hope to see u in Can with Gods grace............. :D,

bijupv007

Champion Member
Jul 19, 2010
Edmonton
AOR Received.
2nd 17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
APR 2011
LANDED..........
Jenner said:
Thanks Qorax for a beautifully put reply. This is highly unusual for waiting longer than expected, I am keeping the faith more firmly as days goes by. I do have some doubts at times, but this forum encourages me to hold on and hoping that things will fall into places soon. Best of luck for all of us! God Bless.
hi Jenner

sooooon u will be receiviing a letter from CHC london either asking for any addl documents and landing fee or medicals and landing fee....B cool ......... i am also same with u but i received a letter asking photographs, birth certi and landing fee.. :D... Hope the best ,,,,,,,,God bless alllllllllllll :D

bijupv007

Champion Member
Jul 19, 2010
Edmonton
AOR Received.
2nd 17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
APR 2011
LANDED..........
satish_lkb said:
Dear Dubai friends (Middle East applicants)

Is anyone as per your info who submitted full docs to London during Jan 2010 got changed their Ecas to "in process"??

I sent full docs to London during first week of Jan.... and my status is still "Received by visa office" only.

Last month I sent Case Specific Inquiry and got reply stating "Your case is in process or to be reviewed by a case officer".... means they also don't know whats the position now!!

Satish
Hi SAtish ,,,,,,,,,Dubai frnd ;)

we are in the same boat ,,,, i send my doc to chc london on Jan 28, 2010, received in london on 4 Feb 2010, got 2nd AOR on 19 Feb 2010. i received a letter on July 17, 2010 dated 6 July 2010. asking for Addl documents and landing fee.....Now waiting for the Medicals...
Sooooon You will be receiving the Medicals ,,,, lets us start the party :D...Keep in touch. Good luck ,,,God bless alllllllllllll

bijupv007

Champion Member
Jul 19, 2010
Edmonton
AOR Received.
2nd 17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
APR 2011
LANDED..........
qatar_fsw4131 said:
Hi Qorax,
It is more than 5 months I submitted my full documentations in London visa office but I did not get second AOR yet. Although E-CAS shows "Received by Visa Office." Is it any sign of negative assessment?
Anybody else who did not get second AOR please share your experience.
hi qatar_fsw
if ur ecase showing "received by VO" thn its coooool no need to worry.. whn your ecase shows "In Process" and shows ur application is reveiwed and we start processing on DATE. from tht date in 3-4 weeks you will be receiving medicals or request for addl documents plus landing fee. . Good luck ,,,,, be in touch we are sailing in the same boat and timelines. God bless .............

S

shibuya

Al Fardan Exchange is the best exchange I have come across to make drafts in UAE.

penpal

Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0111/1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Planning in Autumn of 2010
bijupv007 said:
hi penpal

Its better to take DD from Al FArdhan exchange there rates are better and DD commi is only DHs 10.... .....Good luck ,,,,,,,,,,,Hope to see u in Can with Gods grace............. :D,
Thanks Bijupv for ur wishes.

Regards

satish_lkb

Nov 1, 2009
Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2009
Doc's Request.
16-12-2009
AOR Received.
26-01-2010
File Transfer...
16-12-2009
Med's Request
20-08-2010
Med's Done....
15-09-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
18-01-2011 Decision made 08-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2011
LANDED..........
08-07-2011
bijupv007 said:
Hi SAtish ,,,,,,,,,Dubai frnd ;)

we are in the same boat ,,,, i send my doc to chc london on Jan 28, 2010, received in london on 4 Feb 2010, got 2nd AOR on 19 Feb 2010. i received a letter on July 17, 2010 dated 6 July 2010. asking for Addl documents and landing fee.....Now waiting for the Medicals...
Sooooon You will be receiving the Medicals ,,,, lets us start the party :D...Keep in touch. Good luck ,,,God bless alllllllllllll
Hi,

As per your time line I can expect change in ecas within a couple of weeks time!! Good to hear from you. Whats your occupation dear?

Satish

mmwg

Feb 22, 2010
Hi All,
I wonder if someone can guide me to a trusted translator, I want to translate my docs from Arabic to english...
Someone in Sharjah or Dubai would be preferred..

Many thanks,
Best Regards
Mahmoud

Appan

Jun 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Grace of God
mmwg said:
Hi All,
I wonder if someone can guide me to a trusted translator, I want to translate my docs from Arabic to english...
Someone in Sharjah or Dubai would be preferred..

Many thanks,
Best Regards
Mahmoud
F.l.a.s.h L.e.g.a.l Translation Centre, SHJ, rolla, behind UAE EXCH. TEL : GOOGLE

Jenner

Star Member
Apr 4, 2010
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2009
Doc's Request.
03-06-2009
File Transfer...
19-9-2009
Med's Request
16-02-2012
Med's Done....
March/April 2012
Interview........
October 2010
Passport Req..
Rcvd thru e-mail on 14-08-2012, DM on 26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-09-2012 received 27-09-2012
bijupv007 said:
hi Jenner

sooooon u will be receiviing a letter from CHC london either asking for any addl documents and landing fee or medicals and landing fee....B cool ......... i am also same with u but i received a letter asking photographs, birth certi and landing fee.. :D... Hope the best ,,,,,,,,God bless alllllllllllll :D
Hi Biju,

The Almighty God will provide us strength during this times. Thanks for the tap.