Nov 2009
Doc's Request.
Jan 2010 & Doc's Sent Feb 2010
AOR Received.
Ldn CHC File Number recvd thru email after enquiry
File Transfer...
Jan 2010
qorax said:
From 4-6 months of your 2nd stage docs sent to the CHC u should expect your Meds, if not an addnl docs request. Unless your b/ground checks r cumbersome.

Don't worry about the Meds reaching your consultant & they keeping quiet on it. They'd contact u asap, they want your next instalment, don't they?

In any case, u can always change your mailing address & email ID with CHC to yours rather that of the consultant's. That'd keep u away from such anxiety.

Qorax
Hi Qorax,
It is more than 5 months I submitted my full documentations in London visa office but I did not get second AOR yet. Although E-CAS shows "Received by Visa Office." Is it any sign of negative assessment?
Anybody else who did not get second AOR please share your experience.

Amitraj1978

Star Member
Apr 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
-R u a citizen of the country where u live presently?
-Can u stay/reside till eternity in that country?
-Can u do whatever u want there?
-Can u buy a house in a yr in that country?
-Will u get pension after your haytime is past in your current country?
-Can your children be called First Country Citizens there?
-Do they receive Free Education now?
-Do u all receive Free Healthcare in that nation?
-Do u like to reside in Asia rather than North Americas?
-Do u believe in equality of man & get bit there?
-Do u get 50% goods @ cheaper rates than there?
-Do u get to drive a good used Merc @ $12000?
-Don't u want to be least bothered about landlords increasing your rents?
-Is 50% of that salary (Dubai one) Ok for the first yr, might be earlier?
-R u Ok with the same current salary in 1yr from now?
-And it increases (the salary) 50% thereon yr to yr?
-How about being self-employed, w/out the hassle of owenership/sponsorship?
-Do u receive about $300-500/child as Free Allowance every month?
...I could go on...

If the answers to the above is Yes... Then stay on in Dubai.
If 50% of them is No... Welcome to Canada!

Qorax
Wow Qorax..you define the diff in a very nice way.i am also from dubai waiting for 2nd AOR.i will add few more to that.

1.indirect taxes burn more to salary like.salik,parking fee incres 2 dhs an hour,petrol incres in 20 fils and total 35 fills in alst 6 months..more in near future.no more tax free salary(VAT is coming in neaxt yr or so)
2.rediculus laws for bouncing a cheaque behing bars.
3.chaning job is not easy(need NOC or u ll be ban for 6 months)
4.no comparison of salary between expat nad locals for same kind of job
5.you wont get citizenship in less thn 4 years time.
6. schools fee is more thn your salary.
6.rent is unbearble.
7.costly lifestyle

asyousuf

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2011
Bonjourcanada said:
Hi Asyousuf,
saw that your meds are done and waiting for PPR, can we know if you applied personally or through agency? If agency , which agency? We are waiting for PPR too....and have applied through Premiere and they claim it takes 3-4 months...we r like.. OMG!!! ???
I applied through consultant name OICS in Canada-Brampton. I have already received the request for passports on 20 July 2010 though the letter is dated 12th July 2010

Meds were done in dubai on 19 and 23 june 2010..reached to london on 25th june and RPRF reached on 27th June 2010.
Ashraf

mirza897

Apr 4, 2010
Captain,

The differnce and the distinction drawn between the two is awsome!! God Bless you and hope to see you in Canada; that is if we get the PR.

Nadeem_jee

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2010
U.A.E
Visa Office......
ABUDHABI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2010
Doc's Request.
30-04-2010
Nomination.....
00-00-00
AOR Received.
30-04-2010/1st AOR
IELTS Request
01-04-2010
File Transfer...
9-06-2010/25-08-2010 2nd AOR
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
00-00-00
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi,

I applied through consultant and they send my full application in the first week of july.
My online status is same up till now does not change. How long it takes to get an online modification through CHC-London. Once you have file and your all documents are authentic and up to the mark then how much are your chances of getting Maple leaf stamp!!!!
Regards.

jcu121579

Star Member
Nov 29, 2009
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2009
Doc's Request.
17-03-2010
Hi Qorax,

Hi here, just want to ask does Visa office ask the amount in your account, or it applies Bank Secrecy law here...
that ony what you certify they are allowed to ask...and your account name and number.
I need to know this...

Because Just Recently, my father got Hospitalized that I have no option but to get extra money from our
show money because, what we have with us is also gone... and thats the only cash I have available the rest is time deposit.

Can you clarify how they make Back-ground check on accounts and which extents...

jcu121579

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
mirza897 said:
Captain,

The differnce and the distinction drawn between the two is awsome!! God Bless you and hope to see you in Canada; that is if we get the PR.
Keep the faith. Why shouldn't u receive the PR? There's always a Silverline emerging from the Darkest Clouds, ain't it?

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
jcu121579 said:
Hi Qorax,

Hi here, just want to ask does Visa office ask the amount in your account, or it applies Bank Secrecy law here...
that ony what you certify they are allowed to ask...and your account name and number.
I need to know this...

Because Just Recently, my father got Hospitalized that I have no option but to get extra money from our
show money because, what we have with us is also gone... and thats the only cash I have available the rest is time deposit.

Can you clarify how they make Back-ground check on accounts and which extents...

jcu121579
They may or may not call the bank. Even if they do, they may or may not get a clarification response. It's quite fluid u see. However, the CHC might ask u for the POF again, usually during the Meds call. And@that time if u do not have the funds, u could be in trouble.

Qorax

Jenner

Star Member
Apr 4, 2010
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2009
Doc's Request.
03-06-2009
File Transfer...
19-9-2009
Med's Request
16-02-2012
Med's Done....
March/April 2012
Interview........
October 2010
Passport Req..
Rcvd thru e-mail on 14-08-2012, DM on 26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-09-2012 received 27-09-2012
qorax said:
From 4-6 months of your 2nd stage docs sent to the CHC u should expect your Meds, if not an addnl docs request. Unless your b/ground checks r cumbersome.

Don't worry about the Meds reaching your consultant & they keeping quiet on it. They'd contact u asap, they want your next instalment, don't they?

In any case, u can always change your mailing address & email ID with CHC to yours rather that of the consultant's. That'd keep u away from such anxiety.

Qorax
Hi Qorax,

Its me again asking for your witty advise..I recently sent an e-mail asking for the update of our application and these is their correspondence..

" In response to your email, please be advised that your file has been reviewed by an officer and is awaiting scheduling for an interview. Once an interview time and date has been scheduled, we will be in contact with you. " -JMR

Now the intriguing question is as follows..Does it mean that B/G checks or Security checks are already done? or it is the other way around?? For my case, it is already 8 months since I sent my full docs, and got the e-cas update to "In Process" only on the 24th March 2010 (for it means that pass mark was met, and next is processing of B/G checks and issuance of the Med Request) for 8 months it is a very very long since they communicated to me.. as I have read from your previous answer to me before. Isn't it that such interviews are done only after Med Request was done (or I am wrong).. what is honest to goodness feeling about our case Qorax? Thank you so much, best regards to all!!

fasiddiqui

Jul 19, 2010
Sent application July 2006
File Numbe received : OCT 2006
Document Update Received : MAR 2009
Medical request received : SEP 2009
Passport Request for stamping letter received: 24 MAy 2010
Passport Sent: 1 JULY 2010
Passport Received: STill Waiting
LAnding : Expected 15 August (hopefully)
Current Occupation: VP in a Bank

Long Long Journey indeed.... Got Idea ; i also recommed that we start sharing our professional details to help each other in Job hunting/Studying in Canada

regards
Fahad

bijupv007

Champion Member
Jul 19, 2010
Edmonton
AOR Received.
2nd 17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
APR 2011
LANDED..........
AUG 2011 - Not On My Merits But On His Grace
Jenner said:
Hi Qorax,

Its me again asking for your witty advise..I recently sent an e-mail asking for the update of our application and these is their correspondence..

" In response to your email, please be advised that your file has been reviewed by an officer and is awaiting scheduling for an interview. Once an interview time and date has been scheduled, we will be in contact with you. " -JMR

Now the intriguing question is as follows..Does it mean that B/G checks or Security checks are already done? or it is the other way around?? For my case, it is already 8 months since I sent my full docs, and got the e-cas update to "In Process" only on the 24th March 2010 (for it means that pass mark was met, and next is processing of B/G checks and issuance of the Med Request) for 8 months it is a very very long since they communicated to me.. as I have read from your previous answer to me before. Isn't it that such interviews are done only after Med Request was done (or I am wrong).. what is honest to goodness feeling about our case Qorax? Thank you so much, best regards to all!!

hi jenner

In your case you will be receiving the interveiw letter , coz in some cases thy have received medicals after the interveiw was done in Abudhabi,,,,anyways thy responded so its good,,,,,,,,Good luck

bijupv007

Champion Member
Jul 19, 2010
Edmonton
AOR Received.
2nd 17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
APR 2011
LANDED..........
Hi All my friends from Dubai,,,,,,,,,

My timelines send full doc to london on 28 JAn 2010
got AOR on 17 FEb 2010 dated Feb 4
ecase changed IN Process from June 14, 2010
Got letter asking photographs,birth certi and LAnding fee on JUly 16,
send all doc on July 21, 2010..................now waiting ,,,,,,,,,, :D

COME GUYS SHARE AND Lets b connected ...............Good luck to alllllllllllllllllllll ;)

bijupv007

Champion Member
Jul 19, 2010
Edmonton
AOR Received.
2nd 17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
APR 2011
LANDED..........
Hi qorax

i think we both applied through the same agent ,,,,, i feel thy are good and i recommended almost 5 guys ........those guys are also happy ,,,,, have u landed ??? or still waiting ,,,,,,,,,,, anyways Good luck and God bless ,,,,,,,,,,,,u have given vvv good advices and informations,,,,,,

penpal

Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0111/1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Planning in Autumn of 2010
Hi Qorax,

It seems nowadays the exchange houses in Dubai hv stopped issuing canadian dollar draft.And certain banks which issue the draft are insisting that one should be an account holder for any issue of draft.Secondly as the whole world knows that the bank rate is not competitive.So i was thinking of transferring the Dirhams into Indian rupees and send it to India and maybe from there i can get a draft and few cash dollars .What is your view on this.

Thanks

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Jenner said:
Hi Qorax,

U r mixing-up between 2 kinds on interview, the B/ground Check Interview & the Security Interview.

The b/g int can be called for anytime during our case processing. Typically when the VO has some questions on the our Edn, Exp, Marriage, Authenticity of some Certs etc.

While, the Security Int would generally be called after the Meds, or sometimes after our Pps reach the CHC -post our PPR.

In your case is surely seems to be a b/ground check interview.

Qorax