+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"DUBAI APPLICANTS" **Let's Network & Get Connected**

sohaillactuca

Mar 12, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Friends i am new in forum and would like to ask one question.
New revised skilled worker programme is issued, is any body have information that teachers are now included in this programme or not?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
sohaillactuca said:
Hello Friends i am new in forum and would like to ask one question.
New revised skilled worker programme is issued, is any body have information that teachers are now included in this programme or not?
The MI list of NOCs is not yet out... expect it around Dec-12 or early 2013.

coolguy2010

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-10-2010
Nomination.....
09-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-06-2011
IELTS Request
6 Band
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2013
LANDED..........
06-08-2013
Hi Guys,

If a person needs PCC from Dubai, but he is not RESIDENT of UAE...How he can get the PCC (any chances through friends or relatives..?

The person has left Dubai 4 to 5 years back.

Regards
Cool

MASOOD85

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2015
Nomination.....
19-06-2015
AOA,

can any tell me how to apply canada study permit visa as i am working in oman but i am pakistani national, as there is no canadian embassy in oman, as i check from website , for many GCC countries including omani residents also have to apply from Abudabhi, but i want to know what is procedure for those who are not omani national and working in oman .
waiting for guidance ..

bijupv007

Champion Member
Jul 19, 2010
Edmonton
AOR Received.
2nd 17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
APR 2011
LANDED..........
AUG 2011 - Not On My Merits But On His Grace
Gypsey said:
Hi All
We are glad to say that we have returned back from our landing in Vancouver! What a smooth & hassle-free experience. No stresses, no difficulties encountered and the great part is not having to explain your each and every move !!
We apologise in advance for not reporting earlier but only returned back to Dubai on Sunday. We had landed in Vancouver on Wednesday 1st August 2012 around 4pm.
The whole process of landing at the immigration took all in all 10 mins. No questions, no requests for Proof of Funds, neither Goods Accompany list, in fact we had to bring to their attention the Goods to Follow list. This was stamped and signed without any questions, as to why, when, what etc.!!
At this point we must thank everyone at this forum for being there to guide us on every step of the way. Without you guys, we could not have achieved this.
All the best to you all in achieving your dreams!
Mr & Mrs Gypsey
Nice to hear from you and hope all went very well :D

All the very best for the final move after 6 months :D

God bless

Biju

bijupv007

Champion Member
Jul 19, 2010
Edmonton
AOR Received.
2nd 17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
APR 2011
LANDED..........
rabia_rak said:
dear boarders....
iam about to send my passports from dubai and i have one doubt to clear
for return envelope, is it plane A4 size self addressed envelope with no stamps...or its envelope from coureir company which should be paid for return journey?
also which courier to choose from dubai

thanks
rabia
hi

we need not send any envelop from courier company nor with any stamps. use a bubble cover (envelop) so tht the PPs will be safe whn thy return. or any thick envelop. (bubble covers are available in all stationery stores) whn i send i bought from the shop opposite of karama head post office

Good luck

Biju

bijupv007

Champion Member
Jul 19, 2010
Edmonton
AOR Received.
2nd 17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
APR 2011
LANDED..........
arman79 said:
Dear All

After completing medicals in April 2012, I was expecting passport request from CIC but today my consultant informed me that they have received via post a request for updated police clearance certificate of my wife. ( Earlier with medicals, they did asked couple of formal documents but not PCC). Now they have requested for PCC of my wife (NOT MINE) !
This is just to update you all !!
Good Luck !
Regards
hi

this is normal. no cause for any worries

soon u will reach the final stage v smooth

Good luck always

Biju

bestpal

Aug 5, 2010
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
0111 Financial Controller
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2009
Doc's Request.
14-01-2010
AOR Received.
2nd on 25-06-2010
IELTS Request
8 Bands
File Transfer...
20-01-2010
Med's Request
06-03-2012
Med's Done....
20-04-2012
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
30-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
PPs sent 05-11-2012! Visas stamped 15-11-2012 recd PPs back on 01-Dec-2012
LANDED..........
20 January 2013;,as God willed! Thank God for mercies!
coolguy2010 said:
Hi Guys,

If a person needs PCC from Dubai, but he is not RESIDENT of UAE...How he can get the PCC (any chances through friends or relatives..?

The person has left Dubai 4 to 5 years back.

Regards
Cool
@Coolguy,

It is possible and the relevant form is downloadable on dubaipolice.gov .ae site (they call it Good Conduct certificate instead of PCC). The fingerprinting will have to be done at the current country's Head Police Dept then attested by The home Affairs then the UAE embassy/. The application will move faster if it is submitted in person by a Fmly member ir friend (duly authorised) instead of online . A personal visit or phone call will go a long way to address all apprehensions n queries.

Best Wishes!
Bestpal!

ammaartahir

Jun 30, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-12-12
MIK77 said:
Thanks for sharing your experience abhi! Should be an eye opener for many. Yet again, guys...
Do your research.
Take as much funds with you as possible, not just the minimum suggested by CIC. After all, POF has a reason, beyond getting you through.
Be prepared for a change in lifestyle (something difficult for us going from Dubai/UAE/ME, quite frankly).
Try adapting to the Canadian lifestyle.
Start building professional network even before the time you land. Times have changed and social media has evolved rapidly.world has shrunk - try LinkedIn if you've not started yet (don't ask for jobs directly, they'll throw you out of their network, rather your profile should be strong enough to impress).
Repurpose your application and CV for each job you apply for rather than a broad brushstroke.
Start reading job boards, job descriptions and essential equirements, this should give you an idea of what background a Canadian employer seeks from candidates. If it says min 2 years experience them it means '2 years of Canadian experience.

The list can go on, and on, so prepare yourself mentally to face these challenges. I have!
Very nice and practical advice brother! :)

humsafar

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial application
IELTS Request
Sent with initial application
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS 19-10-2011
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
25-08-2012 received in London 31-08-2012
abhia145 said:
We relocated from Dubai to Toronto in January 2012. Its 7 months and no jobs yet. Slowly my savings are also shrinking. My sincere advice to all my friends in Dubai is that please stay wherever you are. Toronto is virtually over for new immigrants. There are jobs but the competition is fierce and you hardly get any interview calls. We are now thinking of returning back to Dubai in a month or two!
Dear Abhi, just wanted to ask (no offence intended at all) did you try for survival jobs, or you looked for the jobs in ur field only,
can we get survival jobs easily
What actually consists of survival job and how much you can earn monthly from these?
what are the average monthly expense for a family with a 3-5 yrs old kid in Toronto city living in one BHK flat and no other extravagant expenses?
AED 100,000 are okay to survive for 2-3 years, if you don't get a job in 1st year and then some how managed to get some survival job (just assuming the worst case scenario)?

I Would appreciate if you could reply.

Thanks

abhia145

Sep 5, 2012
humsafar said:
Dear Abhi, just wanted to ask (no offence intended at all) did you try for survival jobs, or you looked for the jobs in ur field only,
can we get survival jobs easily
What actually consists of survival job and how much you can earn monthly from these?
what are the average monthly expense for a family with a 3-5 yrs old kid in Toronto city living in one BHK flat and no other extravagant expenses?
AED 100,000 are okay to survive for 2-3 years, if you don't get a job in 1st year and then some how managed to get some survival job (just assuming the worst case scenario)?

I Would appreciate if you could reply.

Thanks
Hi Humsafar,

You have asked the right questions. I would suggest that as long as one is comfortable with his savings, he should not take any survival jobs at all. Rather, try doing some volunteering in your field which will add valuable Canadian experience. Survival jobs will not add any value to what exactly you will be looking for - settling in a job matching your profile. I have taken up a volunteering position as Employment Counselor which is similar to my HR profile. Also, unlike in ME or South Asia, volunteering is considered as a working experience in Canada. This will also help you in building connections which could prove to be good references in future!

About your query regarding living expense. My wife and I live in a decent basement apartment (One BHK), near to downtown Toronto. The location is in a safe neighborhood and has easy access to public transportation, grocery shopping etc. I'll split our average cost of living expenses (per month) as follows :

Rent - $900 (inclusive of Hydro, Internet and TV)
Grocery - $350
Transportation - $252 @ $126/person for monthly metro pass
Telephone - $110 (which includes mobile. We use Skype and Goggle voice to call India)
Misc - $150
Total - $1762

So in short, for a family of two, $1800/month will be good enough to survive (as long as you plan the budgets well)

But if you opt for a One BHK apartment, then rent might go up to $1200-1500 in Downtown.

Try to bring as much savings as possible. Do not rely on the figures given by CIC or your Consultant.

zeeshee

Jan 22, 2010
NOC Code......
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
dear All

I need to know how can i transfer my savings from Dubai to Canada? I will be landing there in October end. Since abu dhabi embassy asked me to resign from my job, so i think my ban account in Dubai will be closed after UAE visa is cancelled. Please advice me the best way to transfer all my funds to Canada in this case.

Thanks

bestpal

Aug 5, 2010
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
0111 Financial Controller
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2009
Doc's Request.
14-01-2010
AOR Received.
2nd on 25-06-2010
IELTS Request
8 Bands
File Transfer...
20-01-2010
Med's Request
06-03-2012
Med's Done....
20-04-2012
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
30-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
PPs sent 05-11-2012! Visas stamped 15-11-2012 recd PPs back on 01-Dec-2012
LANDED..........
20 January 2013;,as God willed! Thank God for mercies!
zeeshee said:
dear All

I need to know how can i transfer my savings from Dubai to Canada? I will be landing there in October end. Since abu dhabi embassy asked me to resign from my job, so i think my ban account in Dubai will be closed after UAE visa is cancelled. Please advice me the best way to transfer all my funds to Canada in this case.

Thanks
@@zeeshee,

Your Options would be (in that order):

1) First, while you are here in Dubai, open an account in a Canadian Bank e.g. Novascotia Bank, of which I think there still is a possibility. Contact HDFC Representative Office near BurJuman. Then transfer from Bank to Bank,. Confirm the the proceeds have reached and then closed your local Bank account in Dubai.

2) But really speaking, you don't need to close your Dubai account before you go. You need only to ensure that there is no liability (imp) then and after you open an account as in 1, transfer your funds online. Closing of an account is possible even when you are abroad. Even if you don't close it and there is no activity beyond a period of say 6 months, the Bank automatically will make it dormant , (I here assume your account is 0 balance/0 maintenance).

3) Make a Demand Draft in your name payable in your desired city in Canada {from your bank in Dubai or from Al Fardan exchange preferring best rates}, then Close your account, reach Canada open a Bank account and deposit your Draft.

PM me if still in doubt.

Best Wishes,

Bestpal

abhia145

Sep 5, 2012
zeeshee said:
dear All

Thanks
Demand Draft from Al Fardan or UAE Exchange would be the best idea. Also, I would suggest that you open the account once you reach Canada. RBC has a major presence, but you need to be careful with the type of account you chose. They charge $1.5 for each of your debit card transactions and $1.5 for every ATM withdrawal. So you need to sit with the Account Manager and select the best account suited for you!