20-04-2012
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
30-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
PPs sent 05-11-2012! Visas stamped 15-11-2012 recd PPs back on 01-Dec-2012
LANDED..........
20 January 2013;,as God willed! Thank God for mercies!
abhia145 said:
Demand Draft from Al Fardan or UAE Exchange would be the best idea. Also, I would suggest that you open the account once you reach Canada. RBC has a major presence, but you need to be careful with the type of account you chose. They charge $1.5 for each of your debit card transactions and $1.5 for every ATM withdrawal. So you need to sit with the Account Manager and select the best account suited for you!
No Demand Draft from UAE Exchange :( Only Al Fardan Exchange (if Exchange Houses are the criteria) and practically all Banks for Account Holders! :)

Check it Out! :eek:

Best Wishes,

Bestpal

abhia145

Sep 5, 2012
bestpal said:
No Demand Draft from UAE Exchange :( Only Al Fardan Exchange (if Exchange Houses are the criteria) and practically all Banks for Account Holders! :)

Check it Out! :eek:

Best Wishes,

Bestpal
I took a CAD Draft from UAE Exchange last year. Not sure though whether they have changed rules!!

jadedGeek

Mar 19, 2010
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2010
Doc's Request.
03-08-2010
AOR Received.
23-03-2011
File Transfer...
11-Aug-10
Med's Request
28-OCT-2013
abhia145 said:
Demand Draft from Al Fardan or UAE Exchange would be the best idea. Also, I would suggest that you open the account once you reach Canada. RBC has a major presence, but you need to be careful with the type of account you chose. They charge $1.5 for each of your debit card transactions and $1.5 for every ATM withdrawal. So you need to sit with the Account Manager and select the best account suited for you!

shoot...1.5$ for each transction... dont tell me

Royal Falcon

Jan 5, 2011
U.A.E.
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
IELTS Request
7.0 Band
Dear Qorax & other seniors

Need your advice / expert opinion

i filled my application in March 2011 from U.A.E. my ecas status turn to in process on my CSE in December 2011 and i received a reply that the file is with an officer for review. After this i did not received anything from London Visa office, no MR, no document request.

in July 2012, i sent another CSE to LVO asking about the application status and received a reply that the file is awaiting officer review.I am still waiting for MR / any news from LVO.

Based on your experience, please advice when i should expect MR or any news from LVO. my application is in process for the last 8 months without any news from LVO at all.is it a bad sign? should i go for caips / gcms notes?

The other thing is ecas is not showing my complete mailing address ( p.o.box is missing) since June 2012. I recently sent a CSE to LVO to rectify this error.

Please advice for my options.

Thanks for reading

bestpal

Aug 5, 2010
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
0111 Financial Controller
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2009
Doc's Request.
14-01-2010
AOR Received.
2nd on 25-06-2010
IELTS Request
8 Bands
File Transfer...
20-01-2010
Med's Request
06-03-2012
Med's Done....
20-04-2012
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
30-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
PPs sent 05-11-2012! Visas stamped 15-11-2012 recd PPs back on 01-Dec-2012
LANDED..........
20 January 2013;,as God willed! Thank God for mercies!
abhia145 said:
I took a CAD Draft from UAE Exchange last year. Not sure though whether they have changed rules!!
Lol! ;D Last year? Did you say? ;)Things change here at the passage of a split second! And they have, as I type And as I cautioned, it is always better to 'Check it out' 8)

Best Wishes,

Bestpal

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
bestpal said:
Lol! ;D Last year? Did you say? ;)Things change here at the passage of a split second! And they have, as I type And as I cautioned, it is always better to 'Check it out' 8)

Best Wishes,

Bestpal
UAE exchange had stopped issuing CAD drafts since late 2009... and still doesn't. And all other exchanges since early 2010... and still do not. Only Al Fardan continued issuing those since they did.

Thus today our 'only' choice is the banks (couple of them) with which we have an a/c -- or Al Fardan Exch.

abhihappy

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abhia145 said:
You can open account in scotiabank from dubai/india and deposit funds, these are treated as sproof of funds at the time of landing

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Royal Falcon said:
Dear Qorax & other seniors

Need your advice / expert opinion

i filled my application in March 2011 from U.A.E. my ecas status turn to in process on my CSE in December 2011 and i received a reply that the file is with an officer for review. After this i did not received anything from London Visa office, no MR, no document request.

in July 2012, i sent another CSE to LVO asking about the application status and received a reply that the file is awaiting officer review.I am still waiting for MR / any news from LVO.

Based on your experience, please advice when i should expect MR or any news from LVO. my application is in process for the last 8 months without any news from LVO at all.is it a bad sign? should i go for caips / gcms notes?

The other thing is ecas is not showing my complete mailing address ( p.o.box is missing) since June 2012. I recently sent a CSE to LVO to rectify this error.

Please advice for my options.

Thanks for reading
Under usual circumstances u could be receiving it anytime now... it shouldn't take more than 6-months since Mar-12 (when ur file came out of the mandatory 'wait-queue').

Qorax

Royal Falcon

Jan 5, 2011
U.A.E.
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
IELTS Request
7.0 Band
qorax said:
Under usual circumstances u could be receiving it anytime now... it shouldn't take more than 6-months since Mar-12 (when ur file came out of the mandatory 'wait-queue').

Qorax
Dear Qorax

Thanks for the reply. i will wait this month before going for caips /gcms notes

unmarried

Star Member
Jun 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
14th Jun 2012
Med's Done....
17th Jul 2012
Passport Req..
20th Aug 2012
VISA ISSUED...
26th Sep 2012
LANDED..........
InsAllah before Jul 2013
abhia145 said:
recently uae exchange has started issuing CAD demand draft.

unmarried

Star Member
Jun 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
14th Jun 2012
Med's Done....
17th Jul 2012
Passport Req..
20th Aug 2012
VISA ISSUED...
26th Sep 2012
LANDED..........
InsAllah before Jul 2013
qorax said:
UAE exchange had stopped issuing CAD drafts since late 2009... and still doesn't. And all other exchanges since early 2010... and still do not. Only Al Fardan continued issuing those since they did.

Thus today our 'only' choice is the banks (couple of them) with which we have an a/c -- or Al Fardan Exch.
Dear Qorax,

UAE Exhcange has recently arranged a banking arrangement with SCB for CAD TT (Telegraphic Transfer) & DD (Demand Draft).

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
unmarried said:
recently uae exchange has started issuing CAD demand draft.
That's definitely a good news... it's nice to have choices/options. Thanks for that infoshare.
+1

Patience2012

Sep 9, 2012
Dear Sir Qorax, I did a mistake in schedule A, background declaration form. I am the principal applicant and my husband was a civil servant which was mentioned in personal history (serial No 8 ). But a mistake was done, as it was not mentioned in the serial no 10. Government Positions. Please suggest me how this is going to affect my file. I am waiting for PPR.

Please suggest me and guide me what should I do now???

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Patience2012 said:
Dear Sir Qorax, I did a mistake in schedule A, background declaration form. I am the principal applicant and my husband was a civil servant which was mentioned in personal history (serial No 8 ). But a mistake was done, as it was not mentioned in the serial no 10. Government Positions. Please suggest me how this is going to affect my file. I am waiting for PPR.

Please suggest me and guide me what should I do now???
When did u apply and what's ur processing stage?