+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"DUBAI APPLICANTS" **Let's Network & Get Connected**

rabia_rak

Star Member
Jul 10, 2011
55
0
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
4152 (SW)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-Sep-11 (Reached 03-Oct-2012)
AOR Received.
29-Dec-11
File Transfer...
12-Jun-2012
Med's Request
08-Jul-2012 (letter dated 12-Jun-2012)
Med's Done....
18-Jul-2012 (Reached 20-Jul-2012)
Passport Req..
29-Aug-2012
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
dear boarders....
iam about to send my passports from dubai and i have one doubt to clear
for return envelope, is it plane A4 size self addressed envelope with no stamps...or its envelope from coureir company which should be paid for return journey?
also which courier to choose from dubai

thanks
rabia
 
 

Gypsey

Star Member
Jul 4, 2010
84
5
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2009
Doc's Request.
15-09-2009
AOR Received.
28-01-2010
IELTS Request
Not Required
File Transfer...
08-09-2009
Med's Request
02-02-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012 & RPRF paid
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Received 04-04-2012
LANDED..........
01 August 2012
Hi All
We are glad to say that we have returned back from our landing in Vancouver! What a smooth & hassle-free experience. No stresses, no difficulties encountered and the great part is not having to explain your each and every move !!

We apologise in advance for not reporting earlier but only returned back to Dubai on Sunday. We had landed in Vancouver on Wednesday 1st August 2012 around 4pm.
The whole process of landing at the immigration took all in all 10 mins. No questions, no requests for Proof of Funds, neither Goods Accompany list, in fact we had to bring to their attention the Goods to Follow list. This was stamped and signed without any questions, as to why, when, what etc.!!

The staff at immigration were very helpful, providing literature for various benefits available, medical coverage, SIN info etc.

We applied for the SIN numbers at Welcome Canada offices, located at various places, within Surrey, (45 mins away from Vancouver). For a family of 5 this took 30 mins in all but we did encounter 1 hiccup; the SIN could not be allocated for my husband (Principal Applicant) as there was someone already on the Canadian System with the Identical name and Date of Birth (Shock/Horror)!! This application would need to be done manually – a slightly longer process. The remainder of us got our cards within the week of applying but to date we are still awaiting the SIN for my husband.

Not having a SIN number does not cause a problem, as he has already opened a Bank Account with RBC (Royal Bank of Canada) along with a Debit/Credit Card and this took a week to receive the Card.
Reason why we opted for an account with RBC, is that they offer a Safe Deposit Box free of charge for the 1st year. They confirmed to us that there is no start date as to when to take the box, (they are aware that we will be returning back after 6-months).

Overall the whole experience along with the country has been fantastic one. Originally from the UK this was “home away from home”. To our surprise, we were not prepared for the weather – it was absolutely stifling. Coming from Dubai and at the time the temps were in the mid to late 40’s, did not prepare us for the Canadian summer!! The heat was unbearable, more so to the fact that there is no AC and the houses are more catered for the winter months rather than the summer – hence the fans were going 24/7!

At this point we must thank everyone at this forum for being there to guide us on every step of the way. Without you guys, we could not have achieved this.

All the best to you all in achieving your dreams!

Mr & Mrs Gypsey
 

abhia145

Full Member
Sep 5, 2012
27
4
We relocated from Dubai to Toronto in January 2012. Its 7 months and no jobs yet. Slowly my savings are also shrinking. My sincere advice to all my friends in Dubai is that please stay wherever you are. Toronto is virtually over for new immigrants. There are jobs but the competition is fierce and you hardly get any interview calls. We are now thinking of returning back to Dubai in a month or two!
 

MIK77

Star Member
Mar 4, 2012
198
9
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
1122
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 Sept 2010
AOR Received.
14 Jan 2011
Med's Request
14 May 2012
Med's Done....
2 June 2012 | Delivered: 7 June 2012 | 'Meds Received' line added to ECAS on 10 Aug 2012
Passport Req..
14 August 2012 | Delivered: 16 August 2012 | ECAS "Decision Made": 19 Aug 2012
VISA ISSUED...
11 Sept 2012 | PPs received: 18 Sept 2012
LANDED..........
31 October 2012
abhia145 said:
We relocated from Dubai to Toronto in January 2012. Its 7 months and no jobs yet. Slowly my savings are also shrinking. My sincere advice to all my friends in Dubai is that please stay wherever you are. Toronto is virtually over for new immigrants. There are jobs but the competition is fierce and you hardly get any interview calls. We are now thinking of returning back to Dubai in a month or two!
Hi abhia145,

Can you let us know more details on your professional background / NOC?
Are you seeking a similar role you had here in Dubai?

Thanks,

MIK
 

111

Star Member
May 29, 2012
139
20
Category........
NOC Code......
7242
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/04/2009
Dear Qorax,

While converting US dollars to Canadian dollars in Canada will I be charged coversion fees? any fees involved? Is it best just to get Canadian dollars instead of US dollars? Thanks
 
 

rabia_rak

Star Member
Jul 10, 2011
55
0
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
4152 (SW)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-Sep-11 (Reached 03-Oct-2012)
AOR Received.
29-Dec-11
File Transfer...
12-Jun-2012
Med's Request
08-Jul-2012 (letter dated 12-Jun-2012)
Med's Done....
18-Jul-2012 (Reached 20-Jul-2012)
Passport Req..
29-Aug-2012
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
rabia_rak said:
dear boarders....
iam about to send my passports from dubai and i have one doubt to clear
for return envelope, is it plane A4 size self addressed envelope with no stamps...or its envelope from coureir company which should be paid for return journey?
also which courier to choose from dubai

thanks
rabia
Qorax, can you please suggest
 

lovie

Hero Member
Oct 9, 2011
293
9
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
3152
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/09/2009
Doc's Request.
18/11/2009
AOR Received.
25/07/2010
File Transfer...
In process : 25/04/2012
Med's Request
11/06/2012
Med's Done....
14/06/2012! Received at LVO on 26/06/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26/07/2012
VISA ISSUED...
17/08/2012
LANDED..........
October 1 '12
rabia_rak said:
Qorax, can you please suggest
Hi Rabia

Its plain A4 size self addressed envelope and not courier company envelope
 

abhia145

Full Member
Sep 5, 2012
27
4
MIK77 said:
Hi abhia145,

Can you let us know more details on your professional background / NOC?
Are you seeking a similar role you had here in Dubai?

Thanks,

MIK
Hi MIK

I am a HR professional by background, with extensive experience in UAE and Qatar. We shifted to Canada with lots of expectations and that was one major mistake from our end. We didn't do our research well. Forget Jobs, absolutely no interview calls also. It is not related to your qualifications, or experience - the system is Different NOT Difficult, which cannot be explained by writing. Everyone has to come to Canadian Loop to understand and enjoy this.

Every case is different and it all depends on your Present Situation and Your needs. Please do remember "You are migrating to a new place - On the hopes of Better Life, not for a adjusting or compromising life". So do your research and my suggestion - Make a full research till you get tired, identify needs, try to get a proper Job / Specified income which you are ready to accept - then you can enjoy your stay in Canada.

Remember : Qualification / Experience is not a matter to get Jobs - you need to have Canadian Experience (or) Canadian Education to get an ENTRY JOBS (or) a Proper reference to get an entry jobs (or) a clear mind set to accept any jobs you get.

Wish you good luck.
 

genona

Hero Member
Apr 29, 2011
237
1
Uae
Category........
Visa Office......
CSQ - sub to montreal FEDERAL - sub to VO ABUDhabi
NOC Code......
3152
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Aug -16-2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11/09/2012 App received by CIC 11/03/2013 IN PROCESS
Med's Request
not yet
Med's Done....
march 2013
Interview........
JULY 13, 2012( csq received)
Passport Req..
nov 2013
VISA ISSUED...
dec 2013
LANDED..........
soonnnn
guys, i sent my file but i forgot to put right thumbprint on my NBI clearance from phils. what to expect??
 
 

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
9,523
2,991
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
111 said:
Dear Qorax,

While converting US dollars to Canadian dollars in Canada will I be charged coversion fees? any fees involved? Is it best just to get Canadian dollars instead of US dollars? Thanks
Not 'fees' but 'rates'... which will be not at par or above -- thus u'd tend to lose. However, if u spend those USDs in cash at stores, most would accept it at par. Not the vice-versa while utilizing drafts.

Qorax
 

MIK77

Star Member
Mar 4, 2012
198
9
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
1122
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 Sept 2010
AOR Received.
14 Jan 2011
Med's Request
14 May 2012
Med's Done....
2 June 2012 | Delivered: 7 June 2012 | 'Meds Received' line added to ECAS on 10 Aug 2012
Passport Req..
14 August 2012 | Delivered: 16 August 2012 | ECAS "Decision Made": 19 Aug 2012
VISA ISSUED...
11 Sept 2012 | PPs received: 18 Sept 2012
LANDED..........
31 October 2012
abhia145 said:
Hi MIK

I am a HR professional by background, with extensive experience in UAE and Qatar. We shifted to Canada with lots of expectations and that was one major mistake from our end. We didn't do our research well. Forget Jobs, absolutely no interview calls also. It is not related to your qualifications, or experience - the system is Different NOT Difficult, which cannot be explained by writing. Everyone has to come to Canadian Loop to understand and enjoy this.

Every case is different and it all depends on your Present Situation and Your needs. Please do remember "You are migrating to a new place - On the hopes of Better Life, not for a adjusting or compromising life". So do your research and my suggestion - Make a full research till you get tired, identify needs, try to get a proper Job / Specified income which you are ready to accept - then you can enjoy your stay in Canada.

Remember : Qualification / Experience is not a matter to get Jobs - you need to have Canadian Experience (or) Canadian Education to get an ENTRY JOBS (or) a Proper reference to get an entry jobs (or) a clear mind set to accept any jobs you get.

Wish you good luck.
thanks for your detailed reply.
I can definitely understand your situation, which is consistant with that of many others that have shared their experiences. Agreed, situation differs case to case and I won't be going with high hopes despite my mid to senior management experience, spanning over 13 years in B2B marketing in a highly specialised field, combined with working at top UK and US based multinationals.

I'm rather taking this as an opportunity to re-explore myself and my potential, which is nearing a burn out in my current profession.

Having priorities set with no high hopes is the rational way of making a move if you want it reflecting positively on your, and your next generation's, future - especially when it comes to migrating. Disappointment is the only thing you'd get if you've set your expectations too high, and this is commonly happening to those who end up moving without prior research.

While awaiting my visa, i know what i've got to do before moving, what's in demand, market dynamics in my field, alternates and local skills that i need to acquire there. I've been building a network of Canadian professionals in my field for sometime as well, which could possibly be helpful when i'm there.

This is something everyone of us should be aware of before the much awaited 'LANDING'.

Good luck!
 

111

Star Member
May 29, 2012
139
20
Category........
NOC Code......
7242
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/04/2009
Dear Qorax,

Thank you so much for your reply.
 

arman79

Hero Member
Oct 30, 2009
416
27
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
3112
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
February 2015
Dear All

After completing medicals in April 2012, I was expecting passport request from CIC but today my consultant informed me that they have received via post a request for updated police clearance certificate of my wife. ( Earlier with medicals, they did asked couple of formal documents but not PCC). Now they have requested for PCC of my wife (NOT MINE) !

This is just to update you all !!

Good Luck !

Regards
 
 

smiling_face

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2011
1,356
38
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2012
LANDED..........
Landed
Gypsey said:
Hi All
We are glad to say that we have returned back from our landing in Vancouver! What a smooth & hassle-free experience. No stresses, no difficulties encountered and the great part is not having to explain your each and every move !!

We apologise in advance for not reporting earlier but only returned back to Dubai on Sunday. We had landed in Vancouver on Wednesday 1st August 2012 around 4pm.
The whole process of landing at the immigration took all in all 10 mins. No questions, no requests for Proof of Funds, neither Goods Accompany list, in fact we had to bring to their attention the Goods to Follow list. This was stamped and signed without any questions, as to why, when, what etc.!!

The staff at immigration were very helpful, providing literature for various benefits available, medical coverage, SIN info etc.

We applied for the SIN numbers at Welcome Canada offices, located at various places, within Surrey, (45 mins away from Vancouver). For a family of 5 this took 30 mins in all but we did encounter 1 hiccup; the SIN could not be allocated for my husband (Principal Applicant) as there was someone already on the Canadian System with the Identical name and Date of Birth (Shock/Horror)!! This application would need to be done manually – a slightly longer process. The remainder of us got our cards within the week of applying but to date we are still awaiting the SIN for my husband.

Not having a SIN number does not cause a problem, as he has already opened a Bank Account with RBC (Royal Bank of Canada) along with a Debit/Credit Card and this took a week to receive the Card.
Reason why we opted for an account with RBC, is that they offer a Safe Deposit Box free of charge for the 1st year. They confirmed to us that there is no start date as to when to take the box, (they are aware that we will be returning back after 6-months).

Overall the whole experience along with the country has been fantastic one. Originally from the UK this was “home away from home”. To our surprise, we were not prepared for the weather – it was absolutely stifling. Coming from Dubai and at the time the temps were in the mid to late 40's, did not prepare us for the Canadian summer!! The heat was unbearable, more so to the fact that there is no AC and the houses are more catered for the winter months rather than the summer – hence the fans were going 24/7!

At this point we must thank everyone at this forum for being there to guide us on every step of the way. Without you guys, we could not have achieved this.

All the best to you all in achieving your dreams!

Mr & Mrs Gypsey
Good story....many thanks for sharing!
 

smiling_face

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2011
1,356
38
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2012
LANDED..........
Landed
abhia145 said:
We relocated from Dubai to Toronto in January 2012. Its 7 months and no jobs yet. Slowly my savings are also shrinking. My sincere advice to all my friends in Dubai is that please stay wherever you are. Toronto is virtually over for new immigrants. There are jobs but the competition is fierce and you hardly get any interview calls. We are now thinking of returning back to Dubai in a month or two!
Is this the scenario for Toronto only or for entire Canada? Could you please share your NOC?

All the best!