+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"DUBAI APPLICANTS" **Let's Network & Get Connected**

luniqa

Nov 4, 2014
Hello Guys,

Will someone please help me with passport submission to CVAC Abu Dhabi?
I checked the VFS global webpage and there was something about Bankdraft for VFS service charges... Did anyone of you do that?
Please let me know how you did yours.

Thanks a lot.

yameen

Nov 9, 2014
Abu Dhabi-UAE
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-oct-2014
Nomination.....
29-Jan-2015
AOR Received.
slu-26-Aug-2015
Med's Request
20-April-2016
Med's Done....
1-May-2016
Interview........
Waived Off
Passport Req..
22-Sep-2016
luniqa,

Goto VFS office in Mina Port ,office is next to Ramada Hotel..

Take all passports,pix and forms submit in person and if you have time u can collect by yourself or else take Aramex services for passport delivery.

Office opens at 9:00 and open till 17:00..

Regards,
Yameen

luniqa

Nov 4, 2014
yameen said:
luniqa,

Goto VFS office in Mina Port ,office is next to Ramada Hotel..

Take all passports,pix and forms submit in person and if you have time u can collect by yourself or else take Aramex services for passport delivery.

Office opens at 9:00 and open till 17:00..

Regards,
Yameen
Yameen,
thanks for your response.
im guessing you didnt pay any vsf fees.
will go for aramex.

Cheers! :)

yameen

Nov 9, 2014
Abu Dhabi-UAE
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-oct-2014
Nomination.....
29-Jan-2015
AOR Received.
slu-26-Aug-2015
Med's Request
20-April-2016
Med's Done....
1-May-2016
Interview........
Waived Off
Passport Req..
22-Sep-2016
luniqa,

I have paid about 460 aed for three passports.

Thanks,
Yameen

Luder

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Halifax
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Can't find a match, unfortunately!
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2015
Doc's Request.
August 17, 2016
Nomination.....
September 2, 2016
AOR Received.
October 15, 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
N/A for eAPR
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
25 Sept, 2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
February 14, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
March 2, 2017
LANDED..........
July 31, 2017
Hi friends

I live in Abu Dhabi.

I was going thru the Express Entry PR documents I sent to IRCC. I see that my Citibank bank statement from for POF to CIC is from 1st of May till 12th Oct. Which means it is 18 days short of 6 months. I didn't notice it fully or I think since I said the bank staff I need six months statement I didn't count the months to see if it covers a full six months period. It's my mistake I admit.

But I'm sure I said the bank staff for 6 months but she had printed like this. And I submitted the application to IRCC. What do I do now? Will it pass the check or they will ask for a new one or they just reject the application?

I am quite troubled.

Please share your experiences and opinions.

Sincerely,

Luder

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
Dear Dubai applicants,

I have a question with regard to taxation. Once I get PR, I am planning to send my wife and kid to Canada to maintain PR while I continue to work here in Dubai. My wife might not work initially and might use that time to gain a Canadian educational qualification and during the first 1 or 2 years, I am planning to fund her from here in Dubai.

I am aware that many people from Dubai tend to do this for a little while, save money and then at a later date join the family in Canada.

I have a question based on Canadian tax.

1 - From the day my wife, kid and I " Land" in Canada, I am bound to pay and file taxes in Canada due to the fact that residents are taxed for worldwide income? Correct?

2 - Since my wife and kid are living in Canada, I cannot claim "Non Resident" status for tax purposes even though I am living in Dubai? Is that correct?

3 - Since I have to declare my UAE income, I will have to pay roughly 30% of my income to Canada Revenue Agency? Correct?

4 - Is there anyway, I can under declare my income to pay less tax? How will the CRA know? is there anyway they can find out my actual UAE salary?

5 - IF i deposit money into my wife's Canadian Bank account every month, will she be taxed or is that termed as a Gift and hence not taxed? She wont be working atleast for a year while she studies. Of course the money I send to my wife will be less than what I am declaring as my income.

Please advice on this. Living in UAE, we are not used to tax and suddenly giving 30% of my UAE income living and working in UAE is a big amount!

Thanks in advance!

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
You file the tax return with minimum income band i.e $ 25,000 p.a.

HOw many kids you have ? If they are under 6 they will get approx $550 pm per kid. I guess for 6+ you get $250 pm... IF, you report your wife as unemployed. Better transfer money in one go. Probably , there will be no issues sending monthly but you never plus its cost AED 60 charges from Ansari Exchange.

johnsyk said:
Dear Dubai applicants,

I have a question with regard to taxation. Once I get PR, I am planning to send my wife and kid to Canada to maintain PR while I continue to work here in Dubai. My wife might not work initially and might use that time to gain a Canadian educational qualification and during the first 1 or 2 years, I am planning to fund her from here in Dubai.

I am aware that many people from Dubai tend to do this for a little while, save money and then at a later date join the family in Canada.

I have a question based on Canadian tax.

1 - From the day my wife, kid and I " Land" in Canada, I am bound to pay and file taxes in Canada due to the fact that residents are taxed for worldwide income? Correct?

2 - Since my wife and kid are living in Canada, I cannot claim "Non Resident" status for tax purposes even though I am living in Dubai? Is that correct?

3 - Since I have to declare my UAE income, I will have to pay roughly 30% of my income to Canada Revenue Agency? Correct?

4 - Is there anyway, I can under declare my income to pay less tax? How will the CRA know? is there anyway they can find out my actual UAE salary?

5 - IF i deposit money into my wife's Canadian Bank account every month, will she be taxed or is that termed as a Gift and hence not taxed? She wont be working atleast for a year while she studies. Of course the money I send to my wife will be less than what I am declaring as my income.

Please advice on this. Living in UAE, we are not used to tax and suddenly giving 30% of my UAE income living and working in UAE is a big amount!

Thanks in advance!

vc2ca

Star Member
Oct 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
25-06-2016
yameen said:
Red_DevilBah,

Pass your number to join Dubai watsapp group ,we have group of 30-35 people with EE.

Cheers,
Yameen
Hello Yameen I have started the process for EE could you please get me added to the whatsapp group as well it would be great to get suggestions and help from senior members - 0553293724

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
canada11 said:

HOw many kids you have ? If they are under 6 they will get approx $550 pm per kid. I guess for 6+ you get $250 pm... IF, you report your wife as unemployed. Better transfer money in one go. Probably , there will be no issues sending monthly but you never plus its cost AED 60 charges from Ansari Exchange.
Thank you Canada11. I guess I will transfer the money in one go. I will also check with a tax consultant too so that I dont get into any trouble in the future when applying for her citizenship.

ommehta

Sep 10, 2015
Could you suggest any good tax lawyers in Toronto please, in case you know of any ?!

Thanks

Om

canada11 said:

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
Once you land there you will find many in every nook & corner. :)

ommehta said:
Could you suggest any good tax lawyers in Toronto please, in case you know of any ?!

Thanks

Om

UnleashedFX

Oct 21, 2016
Hello ladies and gentlemen.

I am new to the forum and I would like to e-introduce myself to the community of future Canadians from Dubai. :)

My name is Peter, but friends call me Pete. Having lived in Dubai for 15 years now I came to Dubai in the distant 2001. I believe it is finally time for a change.

I applied for Express Entry under the FSWP two weeks ago on October 21st. My profile was created along with the necssessary Bachelor's ECA and CLB 10 in all bands of the IELTS exam (overall band 8.) granting me maximum points. I also have 3+ years of foreign work experience under NOC 1123.

My overall CRS score is 441 and I would need nothing short of a miracle for the required CRS points to drop below 450 in the near future, which is why it looks like a long wait. I am also hoping that I can be nominated by a province and/or receive a job offer - which given the current market would be a great surprise.

I look forward to meeting all of you and hopefully share our positive experiences in this journey.

Regards,
Pete

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
UnleashedFX said:
Hello ladies and gentlemen.

I am new to the forum and I would like to e-introduce myself to the community of future Canadians from Dubai. :)

My name is Peter, but friends call me Pete. Having lived in Dubai for 15 years now I came to Dubai in the distant 2001. I believe it is finally time for a change.

I applied for Express Entry under the FSWP two weeks ago on October 21st. My profile was created along with the necssessary Bachelor's ECA and CLB 10 in all bands of the IELTS exam (overall band 8.) granting me maximum points. I also have 3+ years of foreign work experience under NOC 1123.

My overall CRS score is 441 and I would need nothing short of a miracle for the required CRS points to drop below 450 in the near future, which is why it looks like a long wait. I am also hoping that I can be nominated by a province and/or receive a job offer - which given the current market would be a great surprise.

I look forward to meeting all of you and hopefully share our positive experiences in this journey.

Regards,
Pete
Hey Pete! Nice to meet you. I am in Dubai as well. Wait for the PNPs to open. With 600 additional points from a PNP, you will do fine!

SUPERMOON

Nov 16, 2016
Hi everyone....

I am living in Abu Dhabi.

Today I recieved my WES ECA report. It would be great help if somebody explains how to correctly read it;

My degree DOCTOR OF PHYSIOTHERAPY is equivalent to FIRST PROFESSIONAL DEGREE according to WES.

CIC does not consider Physiotherapy education as Professional. They consider professional degrees only in medicine, dentistry, chiropractics, pharmacy, optometry and podiatry (I wish I am wrong).

In express entry profile should I mention my degree as BACHELORS, MASTER or PROFESSIONAL-ENTRY TO PRACTICE?

THNX

dr@gonfly

Star Member
Nov 17, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Hi everyone! I am new to the forum, and I am happy to see so many people from UAE here, helping each other.

I just received my ITA on the 16th and I am starting to fill my application and gather papers.
I have a bit of a dilemma (maybe a stupid question, I apologise, I just don't want make any mistakes) about my mailing address here in UAE. I only have my company's PO Box (which I don't think is very reliable for important documents). In general when I receive personal things they arrive by courrier (Aramex, Fedex etc), my WES ECA report arrived like this as well. Any suggestions?