+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Draw # 176, CEC @ 75

MsAniger

Dec 15, 2020
would they count hours If I worked less then 3 month only 180 hrs with one employer( 35hrs/week) and 1380 hours with another employer and still working under NoC B ?
I have doubt they count minimum 6 month with any employer for CEC?
If you look at CEC requirements, IRCC clearly specifies that you can work more than 1 job at the same time, so long as you accumulate 30 hrs a week.

Unlike the Federal Skilled Worker program yes you can have more than 1 job, but your primary occupation should be continuous for 1 year. Or some PNP programs (e.g. BCPNP) where there has to be only 1 employer, full time and permanent.

CEC is more flexible, if you worked 1560 hrs in 1 year or more in a NOC 0/A/B in 1 or more jobs you become eligible.

The system calculated the hours you inputted, you were found eligible otherwise you would not have received an ITA. So as you fill in your application form, make sure you match the same info you put in your profile, as long as it is accurate.

Last edited:

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
I have a question guys, I am going to India for 3months since I have Family emergency. I submitted my CEC profile recently and have 515 points. I was wondering If I can collect all my documents needed when I receive ITA. I have my Police clearance certificate. I checked about medical and it says that medical is valid for 12months. Can I get my medicals done in Canada before leaving for India? Since it is valid for 12months? Also if anyone can please guide me what all documents I can keep ready it would really help me
The checklist generated is unique to you based on what you’ve filled up. It would ask for all supporting documents to the things you claimed points for — education, work, language, job offer. If you’re married it would ask for evidence as well. Then police certificates and medicals.
Have a read on what each document should contain:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

MsAniger

Dec 15, 2020
I have a question guys, I am going to India for 3months since I have Family emergency. I submitted my CEC profile recently and have 515 points. I was wondering If I can collect all my documents needed when I receive ITA. I have my Police clearance certificate. I checked about medical and it says that medical is valid for 12months. Can I get my medicals done in Canada before leaving for India? Since it is valid for 12months? Also if anyone can please guide me what all documents I can keep ready it would really help me
I think what you meant is you submitted your EE profile. Wow, if you have 515 points, that is pretty good, expect an ITA from CEC and if you completed a one year employment in your primary occupation, you will be eligible for Federal Skilled Worker as well. Congratulations
Supporting docs required
Offer of Employment letter/s
Reference Letters
T4s/Paystubs
IELTS
Photos - yours and dependants
Passport biometric page - yours and dependants (wife and kids, if applicalbe)
Birth certificates - for your kids, if applicable
Marriage certificate - if applicable
PCC - for all your dependants, if applicable

As for medicals, yes you can get them done in CA

Reactions: Prithvi17

Sk1947

Dec 17, 2019
If you look at CEC requirements, IRCC clearly specifies that you can work more than 1 job at the same time, so long as you accumulate 30 hrs a week.

Unlike the Federal Skilled Worker program yes you can have more than 1 job, but your primary occupation should be continuous for 1 year. Or some PNP programs (e.g. BCPNP) where there has to be only 1 employer, full time and permanent.

CEC is more flexible, if you worked 1560 hrs in 1 year in a NOC 0/A/B in 1 or more jobs you become eligible.

The system calculated the hours you inputted, you were found eligible otherwise you would not have received an ITA. So as you fill in your application form, make sure you match the same info you put in your profile, as long as it is accurate.
Thank you for your help
I can now submit my profile

GurpyarS

Feb 13, 2021
Hi

Here’s what I have so far :

1) NSNP - Skilled worked for level C job 6541, security officer.

2) Applied for permanent residence on the basis of NSNP with paper application, in December. Haven’t gotten the file number yet.

3) Three months of experience as an acting security supervisor, which is level B 6316.

3) I just got a permanent job offer for level B supervisor job, 6316 noc code.

4) My CRS score is: 431 (446 once my sister gets Pr next month).

My questions are:

1) If I accept the offer, would it create problem with the application which has already been sent to the visa office ?

2) Am I eligible to apply for CEC just on the basis of 3 months acting shift supervisor experience and a job offer from a Canadian employer.

3) Am I eligible to make a profile for CEC and see if I get ITA or should I just stick with the previous application?

4) Wouldn’t it be beneficial for me to apply for NSNP again but this time with job offer for level B, that way the NSNP That I will get will enable me to apply federal application online and not paper one.

Thanks and regards
Gurpyar Singh

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi

2) Applied for permanent residence on the basis of NSNP with paper application, in December. Haven’t gotten the file number yet.

3) Three months of experience as an acting security supervisor, which is level B 6316.

My questions are:

1) If I accept the offer, would it create problem with the application which has already been sent to the visa office ?

2) Am I eligible to apply for CEC just on the basis of 3 months acting shift supervisor experience and a job offer from a Canadian employer.

3) Am I eligible to make a profile for CEC and see if I get ITA or should I just stick with the previous application?

4) Wouldn’t it be beneficial for me to apply for NSNP again but this time with job offer for level B, that way the NSNP That I will get will enable me to apply federal application online and not paper one.

Thanks and regards
Gurpyar Singh
1) I would recommend you ask this question in the PNP section of the forum.
2) No. You need a full year of work experience in Canada that is in a NOC A, B or 0 role.
3) No. See above.
4) I would recommend you ask this question in the PNP section of the forum.

Reactions: GurpyarS

MsAniger

Dec 15, 2020
Hi

My questions are:

Thanks and regards
Gurpyar Singh
As far as I know, if you have been nominated, the conditions are you will not be eligible for any Federal program. Either you reject your nomination and create a EE Profile or stick with your nomination. Even if you create a EE profile and maintain your nomination, you will not receive an ITA for any Federal program. Note when an applicant gets nominated, the province that gave the nomination notifies IRCC.

You cannot reapply for NSNP unless you withdraw your original profile/reject your nomination.

Speaking from BCPNP experience, you are required to notify the province of any changes in employment. If this applies to NS, then you would need to let them know of your promotion, change in NOC, change in wages, hours, where applicable.

Last edited:

itspossible9

Feb 17, 2021
Hello everyone/ @NOC98 ,

I still have a few questions.

1. In travel history do I need to add travel to Canada? I only came to Canada once and then never went back
2. Do I need to show my parents and sibling travel history? I never travelled outside of India except Canada but my parents and my sibling did
3. Do I need police clearance certificate from RCMP as well?
4. I already did my biometrics so what do I need to select have you ever completed your biometrics for come to Canada? It says come to Canada but I was in Canada.

Thank you,

Last edited:

Prithvi17

Feb 20, 2021
I think what you meant is you submitted your EE profile. Wow, if you have 515 points, that is pretty good, expect an ITA from CEC and if you completed a one year employment in your primary occupation, you will be eligible for Federal Skilled Worker as well. Congratulations
Supporting docs required
Offer of Employment letter/s
Reference Letters
T4s/Paystubs
IELTS
Photos - yours and dependants
Passport biometric page - yours and dependants (wife and kids, if applicalbe)
Birth certificates - for your kids, if applicable
Marriage certificate - if applicable
PCC - for all your dependants, if applicable

As for medicals, yes you can get them done in CA
Thank you for your response I really appreciate it.

MsAniger

Dec 15, 2020
Hello everyone/ @NOC98 ,

I still have a few questions.

1. In travel history do I need to add travel to Canada? I only came to Canada once and then never went back
2. Do I need to show my parents and sibling travel history? I never travelled outside of India except Canada but my parents and my sibling did
3. Do I need police clearance certificate from RCMP as well?
4. I already did my biometrics so what do I need to select have you ever completed your biometrics for come to Canada? It says come to Canada but I was in Canada.

Thank you,
1. Yes - travel history since you turned 18 or the last 10 years, whichever applies
2. Travel history is applicable to you as the applicant and your dependants who fall under your application
3. IRCC will conduct its own security background check
4. The questions are based on the assumption that applicants are outside Canada.

MsAniger

Dec 15, 2020
Hi all,

I am applying CEC after accepting ITA, and need to submit documents but I can't find an accurate answer for this anywhere.

I have 11 months(first day to last day) of experience at a Restaurant chain as Supervisor(Front House.) My total hours are 1605 over 11.5 months, and salary was $40,000/year. My job letter says I was a Full-time employee for 11.5 months with duties from NOC 0631. However, when I made a spreadsheet from pay stubs I have 44.5 weeks FTE(Full Time Equivalent). The reason for this is that I only worked when I was needed based on how busy it was, and I would have had worked 50 FTE or more over the year, although with some pay stubs a little short of 60 hours.

I also have 1.5 months part time work 20hr/ week (NOC 1223) that I did after my Restaurant closed down but am not employed anymore. After including 2 weeks paid vacation from my previous job, I have 50.8 FTE weeks.

I have looked at the rules, and read a lot of forums too about this. I will submit my T4's which have more than 1560 hours for my Restaurant job alone, over 11.5 months.

1. Is there any any reason the officer might ask for pay stubs, or have any doubts about my work experience?

2. For a job like mine, that is offered as Full-time over a calendar year, with varying hours weekly, how do they decide to enforce the 30hours/week rule? And how do they decide which application to further scrutinize?

3. I'm planning to take a chance and to apply anyway, without an LOE, what would you recommend?

If anyone could please share their experience from being in a similar situation or knowledge about the process, it would be much appreciated!!
1. Be prepared and have your paystubs, letter/s of employment, offer/s of employment. Paystubs reveal hours worked T4s do not.
2. To qualify for CEC, you need to have worked 1 or more jobs, for at least 30 hrs per week for 12 months. If you worked less than 30 hrs it will obviously go beyond 12 months, which is fine. If you worked more than 30 hrs a week, the system will pick only 30 hrs.
3. You would not have received an ITA, if IRCC felt you had not met the requirements. When you apply, you will need to provide proof of the information you gave in your EE profile.
As for whether an IRCC officer will want to scrutinize an application further or not. It all depends on the discretion of the officer. When you do it right, provide the info/documents they require, the less scrutiny there will be.

Last edited:
Reactions: 0631.me

0631.me

Feb 24, 2021
Thanks for your Replies, I appreciate it!

Would an Elected Position as VP Finance doing the work of NOC 1221 (Administrative Officers) qualify if worked after graduating and after receiving PGWP? I worked there for a month and was paid a monthly stipend for a minimum of 20 hrs/week work.

CEC_2021

Feb 27, 2021
Hi Team,

As part of emp record document, I have to add foreign experience(which is of India) . I have one letter received from the HR 2 yrs back. can I use that letter for uploading or it has to be a recent one?