+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Draw # 176, CEC @ 75

askingforhelp

Jan 18, 2020
Hello everyone,

I have been reading that many people living in Quebec gets rejected due to not having strong evidence of moving out of Quebec.

Currently, I work in Quebec but will move to Ontario next month. Yesterday I received my ITA and started filling my profile.
I know that just selecting "Province intended to live" as Ontario would not be enough but if I get my Ontario lease starting next month as a support, what are my chances? Do I have to reside in Ontario around 6 months to make it legit? Note that I have to send my profile before May so I will be only living in Ontario for a month or two if I wait until the deadline to submit my PR application.

I currently don't have a job offer from Ontario but can prove that I will be enrolled to a flight school.
Also do I have to quit from my job in Quebec when I submit my profile since my payroll would be still from Quebec (I'm working from home).

Thank you.

tph058

Star Member
Feb 13, 2021
Good afternoon,

Can anyone advise me on my situation, please?. I would very appreciate that.

I had only one question about my education. Quick about my background, I attended both the construction and civil engineering program at Algonquin College. I studied 2 years of construction program first and only have to do the third year to get a civil engineering program(because those 2 programs have the same courses in the first 2 years ). Therefore, it only took me a total of 3 years to get both these certifications.

Thus, Would this consider as "two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees, One must be for a program of three or more years. "?.

I emailed and asked the International Student Advisor at my college and she suggested me to choose the '"two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees..." option. Therefore, when I claim the years of studying for both certification, I did Construction (2years from 2015 to 2017) and Civil (3 years from 2015 to 2018). However, the college website has just updated those program with some additional description, they have just updated that "the Civil Engineering (Duration: 3 years) is a continuation of the Construction Engineering". Now I confused and don't know what to do with this change. Should I modified my application or submitted the LOE letter ?

Please help and I very appreciate that. Have a good day

Last edited:

dilibaba

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
Hi guys I received my ITA. I have a question, I stated two different experience as retail stores supervisor. 1 experience is 4months and other experience is 1 year. In 1 year experience i was off from work for 2.5 months so I could not complete 1560 hours in that 1 year span. My question is that visa officer will still consider it right as i have another experience for 4 months in same NOC. Please advise
Correct

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Hi guys I received my ITA. I have a question, I stated two different experience as retail stores supervisor. 1 experience is 4months and other experience is 1 year. In 1 year experience i was off from work for 2.5 months so I could not complete 1560 hours in that 1 year span. My question is that visa officer will still consider it right as i have another experience for 4 months in same NOC. Please advise
You can combine 2 Canadian work experiences to reach 1560 hours as long as it’s NOC 0, A or B.

Reactions: Preet_001

Nomad18

Nov 16, 2020
Hello everyone,

I have a PNP nomination pending which I have not yet accepted or declined. I was also a CEC candidate. Would I have been eligible or visible for yesterday CEC draw? Did not get any CEC ITA emails so I am curious. As per this link :-
  • If you reject or ignore the nomination, you will remain in the Express Entry pool. You may be invited to apply under any program that you have been found eligible for.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/provincial-nominees/application-process/express-entry.html

Please let me know if you have any insight or personal experience of such scenario.

Basic question is if I ignore PNP nomination (but not reject it) , will I be in EE pool for other programs?

tknova

Apr 26, 2014
Hi everyone I need advice on my case regarding the invite.

As I got my invite in yesterday's draw with 455 score but really confused whether to accept it or decline.

I started my job on 12 april 2019 till 10 march 2020 and took unpaid vacation for 28 days in between ( was out of country ). And I joined new job from 16 December 2020 till 12 February 2021.

So the problem is that my lawyer said you have to decline this invite as I made EE profile on 1 feb 2021 and officers will consider your 1 year experience before that date only. So you are eligible for this as you still need 2 weeks more. But as per my knowledge officer will consider 1 year from day of invitation.

Can someone please help me in this whether I should accept or wait for new draw.

Thanks
Numerous posts on this forum say the experience is counted from the day of ITA and not from profile creation. Now that may very well be the case if you are relying on points from the Canadian Work Experience and without it your points will go below the cut-off points. However with a 75 points minimum I doubt that can be possible.

The law for permanent residence though says that you qualify for Canadian Experience Class
(2) A foreign national is a member of the Canadian experience class if
  • (a) they have acquired in Canada, within the three years before the date on which their application for permanent residence is made, at least one year of full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time work experience, in one or more occupations that are listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix, exclusive of restricted occupations; and

https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/page-20.html#h-686952

Very interesting dilemma indeed and one that I am reading through as well.

JayFM

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
Finally!!! Good news for all CEC applicants!!

Do you think the processing time for the Express Entry will go up after this draw? ...27k ITA seems a lot than usual lol

vmalik93

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
Still waiting a response from my lawyer. Haven't heard anything regarding ITA yet. I submit my EE In Aug 2020 with 431 CRS. I guess they are closed due to the long weekend which eventually makes me worried now regarding the ITA

tirthraj

Oct 29, 2018
Is anyone still waiting for ITA?
I submitted file in October 2020 with 451 Score.
Still haven’t got ITA!

tph058

Star Member
Feb 13, 2021
Good afternoon,

Can anyone advise me on my situation, please?. I would very appreciate that.

I had only one question about my education. Quick about my background, I attended both the construction and civil engineering program at Algonquin College. I studied 2 years of construction program first and only have to do the third year to get a civil engineering program(because those 2 programs have the same courses in the first 2 years ). Therefore, it only took me a total of 3 years to get both these certifications.

Would this consider as "two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees, One must be for a program of three or more years. "?.

I emailed and asked the International Student Advisor at my college and she suggested me to choose the '"two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees..." option. Therefore, when I claim the years of studying for both certification, I did Construction (2years from 2015 to 2017) and Civil (3 years from 2015 to 2018). However, the college website has just updated those program with some additional description, they have just updated that "the Civil Engineering (Duration: 3 years) is a continuation of the Construction Engineering". Now I confused and don't know what to do with this change. Should I modified my application or submitted the LOE letter ?

Please help and I very appreciate that. Have a good day
Hi,
Would anyone can help me to answer this question please ?. Thank you.