+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does WES duplicate report renews date of issue?

neelpthakkar

Aug 2, 2019
Someone in Canada should call IRCC because it is the ircc who who issues the visa. w e s can't guarantee the visa. If someone in Canada please check with ircc whether they will accept the duplicate report. If IRCC confirms the acceptance at least on call then it will be a relief and a risk worth taking.

guydecent

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
Luckily I got invite once again, and now re-applying for permanent residence. My duplicate ECA has 2019 'date' but also mentions that the original evaluation was completed in 2013. Same situation as last time ! This time around though, I am mentioning the issue in Letter of Explanation, as well as will including screenshots of the 2019 eDelivery receipt of the duplicate report to IRCC on WES website. Also adding screenshot of the downloaded duplicate report. Really hope ECA does get accepted this time.

Reactions: Miracle2018

neelpthakkar

Aug 2, 2019
Luckily I got invite once again, and now re-applying for permanent residence. My duplicate ECA has 2019 'date' but also mentions that the original evaluation was completed in 2013. Same situation as last time ! This time around though, I am mentioning the issue in Letter of Explanation, as well as will including screenshots of the 2019 eDelivery receipt of the duplicate report to IRCC on WES website. Also adding screenshot of the downloaded duplicate report. Really hope ECA does get accepted this time.
During the first time, while filling out details of ECA had you mentioned the original ECA Wes number or the duplicate's number ending with IMM? Secondly did you receive any clarification from ircc regarding the validity of the duplicate ECA report?

ani486

Oct 21, 2018
Got ITA, Submitted my application in June 2019, received AOR. My WES Eca is getting expired on 22 Dec 2019. Will i have to renew my ECA after 22 dec? Please reply.

neelpthakkar

Aug 2, 2019
Yes, they did mention that clearly.

First CIC updated the status on my PR application to 'Cancelled as Incomplete'.
Then they posted a letter to my online account citing the reason for rejection as being the ECA having been issued more than 5 years ago.
And did they refund the fees?

guydecent

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
During the first time, while filling out details of ECA had you mentioned the original ECA Wes number or the duplicate's number ending with IMM? Secondly did you receive any clarification from ircc regarding the validity of the duplicate ECA report?
I do not remember if I included 'IMM' in the ECA certificate number field of my Express Entry(EE) profile or not the first time around. For my second EE profile, I took screenshots and can confirm that I did include the 'IMM' part. As far as the clarification from IRCC is concerned, I have only received cookie cutter responses from them that did not address my specific question regarding extension of validity of WES duplicate report.

neelpthakkar

Aug 2, 2019
I do not remember if I included 'IMM' in the ECA certificate number field of my Express Entry(EE) profile or not the first time around. For my second EE profile, I took screenshots and can confirm that I did include the 'IMM' part. As far as the clarification from IRCC is concerned, I have only received cookie cutter responses from them that did not address my specific question regarding extension of validity of WES duplicate report.
Thanks buddy..keep us posted if you get your pr using the duplicate ECA report..

nick_kd07

Star Member
Sep 17, 2014
Thanks for sharing your experience and sad to hear about your rejection..really hope that you make it through next time & soon.

My WES ECA is valid till 28th Oct 2019. I have raised my EE profile but yet to get an ITA. What do you suggest I should do in regard to my ECA validity extension. Is it better to wait for it to get expired and then get the renewal by following method - https://www.wes.org/advisor-blog/how-to-renew-your-eca-report/ (paragraph 3). I also need to add one new credential to my ECA.
What are you doing now with expired ECA?

guydecent

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
I have read online there is an appeal process for a PR application 'rejected as incomplete'. I am wondering if I could have used the appeal option to obtain duplicate ECA to revive my first PR application, instead of waiting for nearly 6 months for a new ITA. Such an appeal could come in handy if IRCC rejected my PR application again for some missing document again.

Chethan_blr

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
Hi

The duplicate report will have different ECA# ? the one ending with IMM ?

If its is different number, then we may need to make sure the new number is updated in 'ECA certificate number' field of EE profile.

neelpthakkar

Aug 2, 2019
Did it get accepted?

vdguiselini

Jul 11, 2014
I had the same problem with my WES. However, after a long investigation, I discover how it works.
IRCC doesn't care about the scanned paper. It is even not mandatory for your PR process to include the documents. The only thing that matters is ECA#, which you included at the beginning of your process. However, if you had requested a re-evaluation without requesting WES to sent an electronic copy to IRCC, they will not know that you really have a newer copy and they will deny your process.
In other words, the paper you have received by mail from WES does not have value for IRCC. They only trust in electronic documents. If WES did not send it, they will considerer the old date.
Note: WES does NOT send this electronic copy automatically. You need to request them during your re-evaluation!

Reactions: Miracle2018

cangar

May 18, 2018
Hi all
I am also sailing in the same boat. My wes has expired and I don't see CRS coming down to my score for now.
just in case, If crs score comes down, should I request duplicate copy now or should I wait when I apply, then I request duplicate and a copy to IRCC.Please advice