+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does WES duplicate report renews date of issue?

guydecent

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
Thanks for sharing your experience and sad to hear about your rejection..really hope that you make it through next time & soon.

My WES ECA is valid till 28th Oct 2019. I have raised my EE profile but yet to get an ITA. What do you suggest I should do in regard to my ECA validity extension. Is it better to wait for it to get expired and then get the renewal by following method - https://www.wes.org/advisor-blog/how-to-renew-your-eca-report/ (paragraph 3). I also need to add one new credential to my ECA.
I would strongly suggest to upload a copy of newly issued duplicate ECA report along with the PR application and also address the issue in an explanation document. That is what I intend to do IF I got an invite again. I have communicated with both WES and IRCC regarding this matter and they always say that the issue date of duplicate ECA is the date they calculate expiry from. BUT that did not happen in my case.

Reactions: Miracle2018

ashraf420

Feb 8, 2015
I called WES and they told me that the duplicate report will serve as a renewal for your report. I have done it and it should on the top header of the letter the new date and it says duplicate of the one was made in June 2013
Hello! Does duplicate ECA copy have another 5 years validity?

roland1990

Star Member
Sep 2, 2019
Caution to every one. I went the "Duplicate Evaluation Report" route, submitted my express entry profile, and got an invite. After submitting my PR application and waiting for around 2 months, my application got "Cancelled as Incomplete". The reason being the older than 5 years evaluation report. My duplicate report had the current date but also mentioned when actual evaluation was done, which was more than 5 years ago. Therefore, I can confirm that validity does NOT extend with a duplicate report.
I'm on the same boat. My initial ECA was done in July 2014 which expired in July 2019, so I had requested for a "Order Duplicate IRCC" report. In the duplicate it is mentioned original completed in July 2014. There is no option in the WES website to request a new report. Any workarounds ? I'm curious to know how you managed it finally.

roland1990

Star Member
Sep 2, 2019
Caution to every one. I went the "Duplicate Evaluation Report" route, submitted my express entry profile, and got an invite. After submitting my PR application and waiting for around 2 months, my application got "Cancelled as Incomplete". The reason being the older than 5 years evaluation report. My duplicate report had the current date but also mentioned when actual evaluation was done, which was more than 5 years ago. Therefore, I can confirm that validity does NOT extend with a duplicate report.
Found this in the WES website https://www.wes.org/advisor-blog/how-to-renew-your-eca-report/ However the experience you had seems totally different.

roland1990

Star Member
Sep 2, 2019
I would strongly suggest to upload a copy of newly issued duplicate ECA report along with the PR application and also address the issue in an explanation document. That is what I intend to do IF I got an invite again. I have communicated with both WES and IRCC regarding this matter and they always say that the issue date of duplicate ECA is the date they calculate expiry from. BUT that did not happen in my case.
While uploading the documents (initiall when the application was marked as incomplete), did you upload the initial ECA which expired along with the duplicate report meant to extend the validity OR just the initial ECA alone ? If IRCC confirmed that they accept the issue date of the duplicate ECA, did you not try following up with them as to why the application was marked as incomplete ?

roland1990

Star Member
Sep 2, 2019
While uploading the documents (initiall when the application was marked as incomplete), did you upload the initial ECA which expired along with the duplicate report meant to extend the validity OR just the initial ECA alone ? If IRCC confirmed that they accept the issue date of the duplicate ECA, did you not try following up with them as to why the application was marked as incomplete ?
anyone ?

kaceyx

Jul 27, 2017
Dubai
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
Nomination.....
Nova Scotia
Hi Kaceyx,

Was your duplicate report was accepted by CIC.. mine to got expired so i renew the same, but have doubt what if cic may reject...please reply...
thanks
robosankar
Yes, mine was accepted.

Please send two copies one to IRCC and one to yourself which you will scan and attach/ include to your ECA & Degree PDF document.

EnthuChap

Jun 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2019
Doc's Request.
22-01-2020
Nomination.....
26-11-2019
AOR Received.
01-12-2019
Med's Request
02-11-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2020
Passport Req..
06-04-2021
LANDED..........
10-09-2021
Yes, mine was accepted.

Please send two copies one to IRCC and one to yourself which you will scan and attach/ include to your ECA & Degree PDF document.
That's some relief!

EnthuChap

Jun 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2019
Doc's Request.
22-01-2020
Nomination.....
26-11-2019
AOR Received.
01-12-2019
Med's Request
02-11-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2020
Passport Req..
06-04-2021
LANDED..........
10-09-2021
Yes, mine was accepted.

Could you please let me know if your report mentions:

"Duplicate Evaluation Report - Original completed on dd/mm/yyyy" ?

EnthuChap

Jun 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2019
Doc's Request.
22-01-2020
Nomination.....
26-11-2019
AOR Received.
01-12-2019
Med's Request
02-11-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2020
Passport Req..
06-04-2021
LANDED..........
10-09-2021
Hei dude, have you got any concrete news on this issue?
I came across this issue yesterday and called WES. I informed them that an individual got his application returned with the reason that his report is older than 5 years, despite him ordering a duplicate.

WES responded that they work closely with IRCC and issue duplicates as per the guidelines set by IRCC. Once you order a duplicate, the reissued report becomes current, as they reassess your report as per the current standards and issue a renewed report within 24-48 hours. They haven't come across this issue and they routinely follow this procedure. A duplicate report is treated as current report and will have the new date; and the reissued report is the one to be used for all immigration purposes. It remains valid for further 5 years, after which, the whole procedure has to be done again from scratch. If IRCC has issue with this, then they (WES) wont be issuing such duplicate reports.

Above was a response from WES.

Reactions: Miracle2018