+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does Post Graduate Diploma course from IIIT banglore & Upgrad considered for Canada PR.

kashifsami

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
NOC Code......
Finally received the most awaited WES Evaluation for my PGD Software Development (Full Stack). It is Evaluated as One Year Postgraduate Diploma Canadian Equivalency.

The Process of transcripts was swift.

It took less than 2 weeks for WES after IIITB uploaded the transcripts to WES portal.

Here is My Evaluation WES Evaluation PGDSD (Full Stack)

Good luck :)
Congrats Pavan! How many credits is this course?

jaishri28

Aug 31, 2020
Did any of you complete the course? and got the transcript from IIT B?
can you update this thread?
I am planning to enroll for the program if the transcript will be provided

kashifsami

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
NOC Code......
@upGrad : Can you please confirm the total credits for the current PGD Data Science program? There's conflicting information out there as to whether it's 24 or 36 credits for new batches.

Reactions: akshayt

kashifsami

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
NOC Code......
Hi All. I've checked with the Upgrad team formally and can confirm that the current Data Science curriculum has 36 credits as well. Good luck!

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2020
Hey guys, I wanted to confirm to you all that I did get my WES evaluation for PGD ML&AI with Canadian equivalence of 1 year PGD and was able to add 32 points on my CRS profile (yay!). Here is some information that should be helpful to you.
  1. Here is my evaluation - WES report.

2. The process for WES from IIIT-B is the best I've experienced so far. After you get your PGD result, make an online payment to IIIT-B (Rs 1000 currently) and then email them with payment confirmation and your WES ID. They will upload your transcript and your degree directly to the WES portal within a week and you will instantly get confirmation from WES about the upload.

It then took WES ~ 2 weeks to give me the evaluation (remember to nudge WES by submitting the contact form on their site). Of course, I already had a WES evaluation for my Bachelors so that may have contributed to the speed but I believe in large parts it has to do with the fact that IIIT-B is directly uploading the transcript to WES so they know it's legit from day one.

3. I've heard that the credits for PGD Data Science have been dropped to ~24 credits for recent batches. Upgrad can confirm to you but keep in mind that this "might" put your WES evaluation at risk. That's because PGD in India is typically for 32 credits and anything less might give you a <1 year PGD evaluation which means you can't claim points in your CRS profile.

If this is accurate, then PGD ML&AI is a safe bet as it is a 36 credit program.

Good luck guys!
Hello,

I am planning to take up the PGD in AI/ML and i can see that the brochure says on completion I will get a 110 credit score, but I am confused as you have mentioned 36points. I am not getting proper clarification from upgrad as well.

Could you please help me understand if it is 110 or 36points?

kashifsami

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
NOC Code......
Hello,

I am planning to take up the PGD in AI/ML and i can see that the brochure says on completion I will get a 110 credit score, but I am confused as you have mentioned 36points. I am not getting proper clarification from upgrad as well.

Could you please help me understand if it is 110 or 36points?
Hi Preethi. That this is confusing indeed. The 110 score must be with regards to the Masters program when you transfer credits to LJMU. For PGD, surely you'll have 36 credits. If this isn't still clear, please share the brochure.

arnabsadhya

May 7, 2019
Finally received the most awaited WES Evaluation for my PGD Software Development (Full Stack). It is Evaluated as One Year Postgraduate Diploma Canadian Equivalency.

The Process of transcripts was swift.

It took less than 2 weeks for WES after IIITB uploaded the transcripts to WES portal.

Here is My Evaluation WES Evaluation PGDSD (Full Stack)

Good luck :)

Thanks Pavan for sharing, this brings huge relief. I have also enrolled for this course in March, 2020 and it is in progress now...I was in doubt initially but your message really gave me hope.Thanks and all the best

Reactions: kashifsami
Sep 30, 2020
I'm planning to get masters from Ljmu through upgrad, does Wes recognize this Ljmu mba degree as masters.
Kindly reply.
Thanks in advance.

Sep 30, 2020
@Joelmanthrathu : Luckily, WES shares this detail publicly through their degree equivalence tool. It is recognized as a Master's degree by WES. Here is a quick screenshot.

Good luck!
Yes I already checked with this tool. However when it comes to actual Wes evaluation it may considered as pgdm, because it's a online MBA even though Indian business schools MBA's are considering Wes as two or more degree.If anyone gone through the same situation, kindly share experience.
I'm already have a pgdm from another University. I'm opting Upgrad only for improving 7points in crs.
Kindly reply.
Thanks in advance.