+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does Post Graduate Diploma course from IIIT banglore & Upgrad considered for Canada PR.

Mistabaaz_7

Oct 8, 2020
Hi everyone hope this string is still active...

I wanted to ask if anyone has completed their Masters from LJMU and is in the process of getting their masters transcripts verified from WES?
how long would it take honestly for the process from completion of the masters degree to the complete verification of transcripts?
I am asking as I am currently doing the PGD and my LJMU masters will run from July - December 2021...so by when would I get it verified in 2022?

- ps - I know I can personally maybe have enough points after PGD as I can get a good IELTS score and have 3 yearsexperience but my masters is for safe keeps
Thanks

sshekar

Nov 18, 2020
Finally received the most awaited WES Evaluation for my PGD Software Development (Full Stack). It is Evaluated as One Year Postgraduate Diploma Canadian Equivalency.

The Process of transcripts was swift.

It took less than 2 weeks for WES after IIITB uploaded the transcripts to WES portal.

Here is My Evaluation WES Evaluation PGDSD (Full Stack)

Good luck :)
Hi Pavan,

Congrats on your PGD, I am planning to take up the same course from IIIT-b and got to know that it's of 36 credits. Would you be able to tell me how many points did it add to your Express Entry Profile (CRS Score) ?

kashifsami

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
NOC Code......
Hi Pavan,

Congrats on your PGD, I am planning to take up the same course from IIIT-b and got to know that it's of 36 credits. Would you be able to tell me how many points did it add to your Express Entry Profile (CRS Score) ?
@sshekar : In case Pavan does not see this, he got 32 points added and I hope he does not mind me telling you that he got an OINP invite as well. :)

Reactions: DesiPikachu

kashifsami

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
NOC Code......
Hi everyone hope this string is still active...

I wanted to ask if anyone has completed their Masters from LJMU and is in the process of getting their masters transcripts verified from WES?
how long would it take honestly for the process from completion of the masters degree to the complete verification of transcripts?
I am asking as I am currently doing the PGD and my LJMU masters will run from July - December 2021...so by when would I get it verified in 2022?

- ps - I know I can personally maybe have enough points after PGD as I can get a good IELTS score and have 3 yearsexperience but my masters is for safe keeps
Thanks
Hey @Mistabaaz_7 .

LJMU takes a month after your final exams to provide the transcript (soft copy). So, you can pay them online to send the transcript to WES and they're very quick to send it over because they upload directly to WES's portal. In my friend's case, it then took WES less than 2 weeks to provide an evaluation.

So, I'd expect that if you graduate in Dec 2021, you should have your WES evaluation in Feb 2022. So, overall, the process and timeline is very similar to IITB's for the PGD.

And yeah, I'd also recommend proceeding with WES post PGD right after your complete it especially if you end up in the 460 CRS point range. I wrote my IELTS right after PGD and got the OINP invite in less than 2 months after that.

Last edited:
Reactions: DesiPikachu

kashifsami

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
NOC Code......
Guys, a lot of folks are reaching out with questions in the forum threads and through direct messages. I'm happy to help but notifications from this forum are unreliable and difficult to track.

So, if you have any questions feel free to reach me directly on LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/ksami/.

Good luck!

Last edited:

hajeera1967

Nov 28, 2020
Hi,

thanks for keeping the thread alive. I am laning for the g diploma in data science. Can it be considered for australian PR.

sanjeevy94

Jan 21, 2020
Hi,

Thanks for keeping this thread alive. I have completed my PG Diploma and currently pursuing MS from LJMU. I have doubt in education section. Shall we mark it as Full-time ? If yes, then work experience in the same time period will count ?

hajeera1967

Nov 28, 2020
Hi,

Thanks for keeping this thread alive, great insights shared by members in the group.

For canadian PR evaluation, is WES sufficient or I need to get approval from CES also.

Regards,

kashifsami

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
NOC Code......
Hi,

Thanks for keeping this thread alive. I have completed my PG Diploma and currently pursuing MS from LJMU. I have doubt in education section. Shall we mark it as Full-time ? If yes, then work experience in the same time period will count ?
I'd marked it as Full-time both in my OINP application and Express Entry profile. I can't remember the rationale but I came to that conclusion after considerable research about it.

[It's difficult to follow discussions here. If you have a follow-up question, it's best to reach me on LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/ksami/]

kashifsami

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
NOC Code......
Hi,

Thanks for keeping this thread alive, great insights shared by members in the group.

For canadian PR evaluation, is WES sufficient or I need to get approval from CES also.

Regards,
You need an evaluation from any one agency. WES is fast in general and especially if you have PGD from IIITB as they'll upload transcripts directly to WES so the evaluation is very quick.

[It's difficult to follow discussions here. If you have a follow-up question, it's best to reach me on LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/ksami/]

Mistabaaz_7

Oct 8, 2020
Hey @Mistabaaz_7 .

LJMU takes a month after your final exams to provide the transcript (soft copy). So, you can pay them online to send the transcript to WES and they're very quick to send it over because they upload directly to WES's portal. In my friend's case, it then took WES less than 2 weeks to provide an evaluation.

So, I'd expect that if you graduate in Dec 2021, you should have your WES evaluation in Feb 2022. So, overall, the process and timeline is very similar to IITB's for the PGD.

And yeah, I'd also recommend proceeding with WES post PGD right after your complete it especially if you end up in the 460 CRS point range. I wrote my IELTS right after PGD and got the OINP invite in less than 2 months after that.
hi, thanks for the info..can you tell me about the OINP? I do qualify for the 67 mandatory points, but I think i would have to qualify for the Ontario Tech draw which is from 460-467 points these days in the CRS draw , am I right? That’s maybe not too much of a difference than the express entry cutoffs of 469 these days no?

as I have 2+ years of experience currently and by November I will have 3, a good IELTS and PGD verified. Would OINP help me at all to get my PR anytime before that ?
kindly let me know how you got the OINP invite thnks.

kashifsami

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
NOC Code......
hi, thanks for the info..can you tell me about the OINP? I do qualify for the 67 mandatory points, but I think i would have to qualify for the Ontario Tech draw which is from 460-467 points these days in the CRS draw , am I right? That’s maybe not too much of a difference than the express entry cutoffs of 469 these days no?

as I have 2+ years of experience currently and by November I will have 3, a good IELTS and PGD verified. Would OINP help me at all to get my PR anytime before that ?
kindly let me know how you got the OINP invite thnks.
If you end up in the late 460s, you'll likely get an ITA anyway. In any case, you don't really have to pick one over another. When you create your Express Entry profile, simply select "Ontario" in the list of provinces who can nominate you. If you qualify for OINP, they'll email you. It's a great way to move if your score range is early 460s.

In short, create your EE profile when you have close to 460 points (whenever that happens) and then wait either for a direct ITA or for an OINP invite. Whichever you get, you're all set. Good luck!

Last edited:

bdeepak

Dec 25, 2020
Category........
PNP
If you end up in the late 460s, you'll likely get an ITA anyway. In any case, you'd really have to pick one over another. When you create your Express Entry profile, simply select "Ontario" in the list of provinces who can nominate you. If you qualify for OINP, they'll email you. It's a great way to move if your score range is early 460s.

In short, create your EE profile when you have close to 460 points (whenever that happens) and then wait either for a direct ITA or for an OINP invite. Good luck!

Does WES accept online MBAs(within India) and will it increase CRS points?

Anish Sharma

Jan 11, 2021
Hey guys, I wanted to confirm to you all that I did get my WES evaluation for PGD ML&AI with Canadian equivalence of 1 year PGD and was able to add 32 points on my CRS profile (yay!). Here is some information that should be helpful to you.
  1. Here is my evaluation - WES report.

2. The process for WES from IIIT-B is the best I've experienced so far. After you get your PGD result, make an online payment to IIIT-B (Rs 1000 currently) and then email them with payment confirmation and your WES ID. They will upload your transcript and your degree directly to the WES portal within a week and you will instantly get confirmation from WES about the upload.

It then took WES ~ 2 weeks to give me the evaluation (remember to nudge WES by submitting the contact form on their site). Of course, I already had a WES evaluation for my Bachelors so that may have contributed to the speed but I believe in large parts it has to do with the fact that IIIT-B is directly uploading the transcript to WES so they know it's legit from day one.

3. I've heard that the credits for PGD Data Science have been dropped to ~24 credits for recent batches. Upgrad can confirm to you but keep in mind that this "might" put your WES evaluation at risk. That's because PGD in India is typically for 32 credits and anything less might give you a <1 year PGD evaluation which means you can't claim points in your CRS profile.

If this is accurate, then PGD ML&AI is a safe bet as it is a 36 credit program.

Good luck guys!
Hey guys, I wanted to confirm to you all that I did get my WES evaluation for PGD ML&AI with Canadian equivalence of 1 year PGD and was able to add 32 points on my CRS profile (yay!). Here is some information that should be helpful to you.
  1. Here is my evaluation - WES report.

2. The process for WES from IIIT-B is the best I've experienced so far. After you get your PGD result, make an online payment to IIIT-B (Rs 1000 currently) and then email them with payment confirmation and your WES ID. They will upload your transcript and your degree directly to the WES portal within a week and you will instantly get confirmation from WES about the upload.

It then took WES ~ 2 weeks to give me the evaluation (remember to nudge WES by submitting the contact form on their site). Of course, I already had a WES evaluation for my Bachelors so that may have contributed to the speed but I believe in large parts it has to do with the fact that IIIT-B is directly uploading the transcript to WES so they know it's legit from day one.

3. I've heard that the credits for PGD Data Science have been dropped to ~24 credits for recent batches. Upgrad can confirm to you but keep in mind that this "might" put your WES evaluation at risk. That's because PGD in India is typically for 32 credits and anything less might give you a <1 year PGD evaluation which means you can't claim points in your CRS profile.

If this is accurate, then PGD ML&AI is a safe bet as it is a 36 credit program.

Good luck guys!
Hi can you please confirm the procedure to how to apply for transcripts directly to WES from IIIT banglore ?