+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does Post Graduate Diploma course from IIIT banglore & Upgrad considered for Canada PR.

Travel_Ista

May 12, 2021
INDIA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
BANGLORE
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Yes, my master's was recognised as Masters in science by WES.
Last completion of thesis and recieving the hard copy of original degree, not sure on this as it took several months for our batch due to covid.
As soon as I received my degree copy and me contacting LJMU, it took 2 days for LJMU to submit the transcripts online to WES and WES took around 8 days if I remember for recognizing.
Can you please share the whole procedure for obtaining the wes from LJMU.. How you get the transcript from LJMU submitted to WES.

juspreet51

May 3, 2021
As per the recent updates in UpGrad page, IIITB has stopped awarding PG Diploma. They are now providing just a Executive PG Program. Not sure if this PG Program will be evaluated as 1 year Canadian Diploma or not by WES. Latest Updates.

Reactions: akaur13

Travel_Ista

May 12, 2021
INDIA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
BANGLORE
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
As per the recent updates in UpGrad page, IIITB has stopped awarding PG Diploma. They are now providing just a Executive PG Program. Not sure if this PG Program will be evaluated as 1 year Canadian Diploma or not by WES. Latest Updates.
Today i got message from them regarding this they are doing a 13 months pg diploma programme and it costs around 2.5 laks. they also told me it is approved by wes and they also provide the trranscript. But not sure about it so i am little confused . i am planning to take ignou pg diploma as it costs less than 25k and it is approved by wes also...

juspreet51

May 3, 2021
Today i got message from them regarding this they are doing a 13 months pg diploma programme and it costs around 2.5 laks. they also told me it is approved by wes and they also provide the trranscript. But not sure about it so i am little confused . i am planning to take ignou pg diploma as it costs less than 25k and it is approved by wes also...
Which program is this IGNOU PG Diploma that you are talking about, can you please share its link? And what is its duration?

And as a safe point, don't upgrad's sale representative's words seriously,most of them are dumb and know very little beyond the script they are provided to parrot, concluding from my many interaction with a lot of them. If they are claiming something, make them to send in writing, via official eMail id so the mail could be used as a proof later on.

asistla

Oct 19, 2019
Which program is this IGNOU PG Diploma that you are talking about, can you please share its link? And what is its duration?

And as a safe point, don't upgrad's sale representative's words seriously,most of them are dumb and know very little beyond the script they are provided to parrot, concluding from my many interaction with a lot of them. If they are claiming something, make them to send in writing, via official eMail id so the mail could be used as a proof later on.
If the whole and sole purpose is to claim points for canada pr, yes you can try IGNOU part time course whichever is suitable for you. They do have 1 year PG diploma/ certificate which can be picked up. There are few forums here in this website that talks about IGNOU WES ECA.. Do refer them...

Last edited:

Travel_Ista

May 12, 2021
INDIA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
BANGLORE
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes

http://www.ignou.ac.in/ignou/aboutignou/school/socis/programmes/detail/713/2

arun23

May 21, 2021
hi ..is there any way by which we can confirm this?? I have just enrolled to this course 4 days back with purpose of gaining points for canada PR due to not it is very important for me to confirm

Reactions: akaur13

arun23

May 21, 2021
Dude ask them na. Would you trust a stranger on internet more than the people who are teaching you the program?
And also, if you get a response from them, update for us here.
@juspreet51 aray i already asked UPGRAD counsellor he is saying it is WES approved and i can give you in writing on behalf of IIITB ..he is saying that as per UGC all the PGD courses has been changed/renamed to PGP and since IIITB is mentioned under WES website too and AICTE approved so all the courses under that are WES approved , i was asking you in case you have any contact of IIITB to confirm and who told you that IIITB is no longer sending WES for PGP , what is reference of this information ?

May 16, 2021
@arun23 I had mailed an IIITB professor regarding this and this was his reply:
"Change in name has been applied to WES; will be approved within a couple of months; expect it to go through.."

My advise would be to check with IIITB staff they'll give you accurate info. Ask the upgrade counselor his team must have connections to IIITB let them reply back via mail with proof.

kashifsami

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
NOC Code......
Hey Guys.

Many of you are reaching out about the change from PGD to Exec PGP. Firstly, I no longer am active in this forum or have much less time to devote to this space. However, I did do my research with IIITB.

Due to unknown "regulations" IIITB has renamed their PGD program to Executive PGP effective April 2021 although the course content remains the same. There is no confirmation that Exec PGP will get a 1 year PG equivalence from WES anymore.

IIITB claims that they have "applied" to WES to review the equivalence. However, when the course was PGD, they never did such an application to obtain equivalence from WES.

Also, anyone who's spoken to Upgrad folks recently, will find that even they are stating the same thing although up until April & May, Upgrad's sales team claimed that it was WES equivalent. Upgrad has also removed the WES equivalence claim from their website which had previously featured on their PGD ML&AI web page.

So in summary, treat the Exec PGP program from IIITB as not WES recognized anymore unless new information emerges. If you'd started in the March 21 or earlier batch though, you're fine as you'll receive the PGD.

Good luck to you all.

rachel26

Jun 15, 2021
Hello Guys,
Currently, I am planning to do Masters in ML & AI from Upgrad and LJMU + IIT Madras.
https://www.upgrad.com/machine-learning-ms-ljmu-iitm
I would like to know whether I will be getting a Masters's equivalent by WES assessment after the course? or will there be any difference in the degree after the assessment?
I tried checking the degree equivalence using the WES tool but am confused to choose the location and the institution.
Because it is not more backed by IIIT- B, so got confused about which University name and location to choose. Who will be sending the transcript to WES, Is it LJMU or IIT-M?
If anyone has done the same, please help me.
@upGrad