+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does Post Graduate Diploma course from IIIT banglore & Upgrad considered for Canada PR.

Sagar Lad

Sep 24, 2021
Hi Team,

This is Sagar. I did my BE in computer engineering from Gujarat Technological University and Post Graduate Diploma in Data Science from IIIT Banglore. I have transferred amount to IIIT Banglore to upload transcripts to my WES application but they didn't responded yet. How much time it will take to finish this process? @upGrad please respond asap

Oct 30, 2021
Hi.

I have completed my PG Diploma in MLAI in 2018 to 2019 branch. I am planning to do LJMU mainly because to increase my Canadian Visa Score. How much points difference will be there when it is PDG vs PGD+MS in LJMU? Please advice.

Amlanki

Nov 13, 2021
Yes, my master's was recognised as Masters in science by WES.
Last completion of thesis and recieving the hard copy of original degree, not sure on this as it took several months for our batch due to covid.
As soon as I received my degree copy and me contacting LJMU, it took 2 days for LJMU to submit the transcripts online to WES and WES took around 8 days if I remember for recognizing.
Hi
I'm also on the boat like others here & this is great to know that this got recognised as a full Master's degree. However, I still have below queries, kindly clarify:

1. Per WES a UK Master's degree doesn't require a Bachelors degree details to be submitted.

Can we skip this step as I have done my B.Tech from India and I'm skeptical whether my university will send my documents electronically and error free?

2. Did you also request IIITB to send the PGDDS transcript to WES electronically? Or it was by post?

I've this doubt because in the LJMU transcript 110 credits from PGDDS from IIITB is mentioned without the marks & the roll numbers are different for both institutions.

TIA!

Ashneet Kaur

Dec 9, 2021
Hey Guys.

Many of you are reaching out about the change from PGD to Exec PGP. Firstly, I no longer am active in this forum or have much less time to devote to this space. However, I did do my research with IIITB.

Due to unknown "regulations" IIITB has renamed their PGD program to Executive PGP effective April 2021 although the course content remains the same. There is no confirmation that Exec PGP will get a 1 year PG equivalence from WES anymore.

IIITB claims that they have "applied" to WES to review the equivalence. However, when the course was PGD, they never did such an application to obtain equivalence from WES.

Also, anyone who's spoken to Upgrad folks recently, will find that even they are stating the same thing although up until April & May, Upgrad's sales team claimed that it was WES equivalent. Upgrad has also removed the WES equivalence claim from their website which had previously featured on their PGD ML&AI web page.

So in summary, treat the Exec PGP program from IIITB as not WES recognized anymore unless new information emerges. If you'd started in the March 21 or earlier batch though, you're fine as you'll receive the PGD.

Good luck to you all.

Hi,
Do you have any further update on this on WES recognition of Exec PGP?
I joined in April batch. At the time of admission I was told that course name change won't have any impact on WES recognition but now picture seems to be different.
Please confirm if you have any info regarding this.

Reactions: akaur13

aster0id

Apr 22, 2022
Has anyone tried to get WES equivalency for their Executive PG program yet?

Upgrad salespeople are really pushing me to get an upgrade to their MSc program to get CRS points, and that the new program is not recognized anymore, but I don't believe them.

kashifsami

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
NOC Code......
Hi,
Do you have any further update on this on WES recognition of Exec PGP?
I joined in April batch. At the time of admission I was told that course name change won't have any impact on WES recognition but now picture seems to be different.
Please confirm if you have any info regarding this.
Ashneet, now that you've completed the course, can you please post your WES equivalence here for everyone's benefit?

Kunal2020

Aug 27, 2020
Dear members, I am new to this community and need some guidance.

I have four year bachelor of engineering degree(Year 2005 to 2009) and 1 year PGD ML-AI program from IIITB & Upgrad (Jan 2021 to Feb 2022) .

I got WES evaluations with Canadian equivalence as follows:
Bachelor's degree (four years)
Postgraduate diploma (one year)

My CRS score with Bachelor degree only is 451 and I was expecting that adding PGD in express entry profile will add 32 points as I read in this forum.

But when I added the PGD in express entry profile , My CRS score only increased by 19 points (470 now). I am bit disappointed and not sure if I did it wrong way.I choose "One year program at university, college, trade or technical school,or other institute" in Level of education in express entry profile for PGD. Since I am working professional and the PGD was a distance learning course, I choose "Part time" in express entry form.(not sure if this is a problem)

May I request your help please.

Last edited:

qazi_elma

Apr 29, 2021
Has anyone tried to get WES equivalency for their Executive PG program yet?

Upgrad salespeople are really pushing me to get an upgrade to their MSc program to get CRS points, and that the new program is not recognized anymore, but I don't believe them.
Hey I'm on the same boat, can you share your email so we can discuss this.